Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:31 am
User Image

Wook was well, perhaps better than that - his step was filled with life, but his pace was evenly set. It was clear the lion wasn't in a rush to be anywhere to anyone looking on, which was the truth given the number of new members that had recently joined his particular rank. Of course that didn't mean there wasn't work to be done, posts to be manned and so on it just meant that shifts weren't as long some days.

This particular day he sought to find some new guards to look after, train up or purely answer questions as necessary - the thought of working towards a promotion had been firmly planted in his mind as a true possibility and no longer a dream he'd see only at night.

Epine de Rose
Pretty sure my brain died..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:45 am
User Image
He was not Azar, in fact, if he had been Azar she would have gun to suspect that he was sniffing something. Had it been Azar, she suspected he would have imbibed in something so strong that he had been left without any concept of who he was. No, no, on this occasion the lion had far too much of a spring in his step and much to pleasant a facial expression. She was fairly confident that this also wasn't his son either, the lion's mane was too dark and well... the markings were different.

Curious, he was yet another new face in a pride that she was going to have to spend a great deal of time getting to know. While she wouldn't admit it to anyone, she may have underestimated just how large this pride was despite how scarce some of the resources could be. Suffice it to say that she had to give them far more respect than she had originally done, though even then she had already held them with some measure of regard anyway...otherwise she wouldn't have joined them.

Still; whoever he was, he seemed to be looking for someone and it probably wasn't her.

Unless...

"Did you lose a cub recently?" she asked at last, remaining where she was in the shade. She was comfortable there and had no intention of moving any time soon. "I feel like I bumped in to one that might have looked a bit like you and she seemed to be unattended."

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:21 am
The lion, who was usually on point for his awareness, was clearly distracted today and when the voice spoke up he admittedly felt like jumping out of his skin. How unbecoming in a guard.. So when he rounded on the source he was fully prepared to let her have it when the question finally sunk in.

"To lose a cub you have to have cubs first." He mused thoughtfully, a small grin growing on his lips at the thought. "Thank you for asking, but as I said, I don't have any myself - but my family is quite large.. it'd be a likely case of a niece or nephew getting free." The thought made him chuckle as he thought of the cub-sitters responsible for the little rascals, he knew what cubs could be like and often found comfort in just how sane his old cub-sitter remained. He'd love to have cubs himself one day, help to produce strong offspring for the population, but he questioned just how much of his sanity would be sacrificed.

"Hopefully you find the parent, I'll keep an ear out for anyone looking for a cub."

A cub unattended could still be quite dangerous, whether the number of pride members was fairly large, or not - the chances of the cub becoming dehydrated (without realizing it) was always there.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 am
"So it wasn't your cub," she mused and then shrugged her shoulders. "Fair enough, I'm sure she managed to find her way home, she seemed to know where she was going," she paused briefly to consider if that statement was truly. All in all, the little rascal and her sister had both seemed surefooted enough to be able to navigate their way around. By the time she had caught up to them both they were already on their merry way to explore something else, but it seemed they hadn't had any real intentions of going too far.

...Someone would stop them before they did, least she hoped they would.

"Although I'm not really looking for her parents," she added after a moment or two. "I just happened to see her," she pointed out with a sly smile. Based on the way this particular lion had responded to cubs, he seemed like an interesting target to play with. She was curious as to how he might react, but she did have to determine just how far she wanted to go with this before she calmed him down... Just in case he was another Azar.

"Very curious child - you wouldn't happen to know what's out west, would you?" she asked curiously.

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:43 am
"Most definitely not." He responded. "I'd imagine most cubs would be shown their way about a number of times before being let loose on the world - though I recall a couple of us hooligans being 'brave' and wandering off." Wook chuckled (again) at his own memories that played like a theater in his mind.

"Ah." He remarked at her statement. Wook then began really wrack his brain, trying hard to think about those with litters recently - were there any that he need be concerned about? Unfortunately he couldn't think of any off the top of his head so he left it alone briefly.

Purple eyes, which had dropped to the sands while he got lost in thought, rose quickly at her question. "Could you be a little more specific..?" His voice grew deep with concern that he couldn't set aside as his thoughts turned from worrying about which cubs were out there to what lay to the west.

He grew here, knew the sands like the back of his paw and in that moment, with the question lingering about him like a little sand storm clouding his thoughts he couldn't think of what exactly was out to the west.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:53 am
"I'm not sure how I can be more specific?" she replied and raised a brow.

"Beyond asking what's out in that general direction," she raised her paw and pointed it towards the west, just a touch off to his side. She knew the cub was safe, she had ensured it before she had left that particular area, and when she had both siblings had been within the normal confines of the inner pride. If they had somehow managed to slip away then it was news to her, and based on the way this pride functioned, someone probably would have caught them before they'd gotten very far anyway.

"That was the rough direction in which she was very determined to explore," she added and shook her head. "Would you perhaps be able to provide me with guidance on how to better clarify?" she requested, her expression remaining neutral. She knew how to play these poor creatures like a pro, and unfortunately Wook was her source of entertainment for the time being.

"I'm not a guard or a soldier, your lingo isn't something I may be entirely familiar with if you happen to use other terms..."

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 am
The concern began to fade as the memories which had previously crowded his mind had also reminded him of something - cub sitters were never far behind. The relaxing thought made him visibly stretch a little bit where he stood and a small smile replaced the look upon his face. "Never mind." He said, waving a paw to his previous worries. "I'm sure the cub is perfectly fine, I never made it very far myself. I suppose there is a chance.. always is, but more often then not the cub sitters are prepared to follow the cubs." The words eased his mind quite a bit.

Wook intended to carry on with the conversation when he suddenly had a realization. "You aren't the cub sitter I'm thinking would be following the cub, no?" He peered at her with a sudden intense interest - his first impression of her was not that of a cub sitter, not that he would have been able to peg her rank. If she was, well he'd have to learn to adjust his ideas of who was what around the pride.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:22 am
"I would be the world's worst cub sitter," Asyria dispelled that illusion rather quickly and shook her head. Gods only knew how quickly she would lose them, or her own sanity, if she had to educate them en mass. Quite frankly, she was curious as to just how those particular lions managed to cope with the demands of the tiny terrors. No doubt some could be calm, quiet, and otherwise unassuming, but if she had learnt anything in her short time here...the majority weren't.

"I was granted the position of Warden when I joined," she added after a few moments and raised a brow. "Still finding my paws, working out who's who, who does what, and how the overall dynamics of your kind seem to react," she paused briefly and then shook her head. "My kind, I suppose," she corrected and then smiled. It would still take her some time to get used to the fact she wasn't on her own now, but it seemed that for the time being, she had lost her sport.

...Wook seemed to have the capacity for logic, and unlike Azar, it had triggered much more quickly.

"She was heading west but by the sounds of it she knew the rules," she reassured him. "Though I'll have to take your word for it on the cubsitters, uh..." she raised a brow. "Name?" she said finally.

Ah yes, that little tidbit of information really would have been more useful earlier, wouldn't it?

Astro Risk Greenie
Omg I forgot about this one lol!

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 pm
Warden was a very nice rank. He admitted to himself countless times that although he'd looked at other options growing up a military rank was suited to his ideals. Our kind? He wasn't taken aback by the remark, but it certainly stuck out to him. The correction resonated with him and he smiled.

He nodded firmly. The cubs weren't just left to wander unknowingly. Concern was simply instinct. "That's a good choice." He said regarding her taking his word about the cub sitters. "They're likely very used to cubs wandering off. My own cub sitter just recently talked about this." He followed this with a chuckle.

"My name is Wook, yourself?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:43 am
"My father actively encouraged me to wander and explore, even from a young age," she shrugged. Truth be told Gideon always seemed to know where she was, something to do with that network of his, but in the end she was very much left to her own devices. As a child she had seen much, experienced much and grown from it...She couldn't imagine a life where a nanny was constantly trailing after her and lecturing her over what she could and couldn't do. Then again, she had a sneaking suspicion that if she had done anything to get herself killed, her father would have intervened from out of nowhere.

...He did have many talents.

"Asyria," she replied at last and pursed her lips. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, you're remarkably more agreement than some of the others in your employ," she observed. "Try not too work to hard though, hm?" she finally seemed to be aware of the time and now that she had gotten a read on this one; she had noted that he was much more relaxed and diplomatic. They really did come in all shapes and sizes, he wouldn't make for a good target to play havoc on...he simply wouldn't react in the intended fashion.

"But I suspect I should make a quick exit," she snorted. "Every time I'm around here my biggest fan has a knack for showing up and he just can't help but be the world's most gigantic a**," she hazarded a wry smile. "Wouldn't want to put any innocent bystander in the way of that," she added and gave a quick wave of her paw.

"Take it easy in this heat," she ordered and with that, began to pad away again, though where she aimed to go at this current juncture remained to be seen...

Ctrl F Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:52 am
"Pleasures mine Aysira." He remarked back politely. It seemed she was now in a hurry and a quick glance to the sun told him he'd been distracted long enough himself. This was perfectly timed. "Me as well." Then he laughed and pictured any number of firekin she could be talking about. His entire family.. or maybe half? Could have been described as just that. "You're very kind." He chuckled and began to take his leave.

"Will do." His words were lax, but he put a little military oomph into regarding the order. All the while he wore a smile on his maw. Then he turned away and began to head to the borders. He was still heading towards the border to find some new trainees.

Epine de Rose

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff