Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] Out of Place Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Ecavi rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 2, 4 Total: 13 (5-20)

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:28 pm
User Image

Kali stood before the cliffs of the Myrsky Syntynyt and instinctively knew she was in the right place. It may have been the look of the lands, or the smell, or maybe blind confidence.. but she had found what she was looking for and she was ready to fight.

She had been wandering as a rogue for some time now. The news of the rock slide that devastated her homeland was shocking and she had chosen not to investigate the area for herself. At best, her family survived without her.. at worst, her parents and whatever siblings had found names were gone. She was happier not knowing, and so continued her life by herself. It was by chance she learned of the vikings, but once she did she was surprised she hadn't heard more sooner.

They had quite the reputation.. and she may have been small, but she was ready to challenge it. For now, though, she was silent..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm
User Image

SyƩl hadn't left the pride since her first Viking, but she wore her new rank proudly. She also had no fear of being found anywhere near the borders now, as it was her rank, her right, and her responsibility to be so. It was just so...freeing...to know that she could go anywhere she chose now. Which was, of course, why she'd been happy to stay home since.

As the lioness wandered aimlessly, her eye fell upon something bright. White and gold and a touch of orange. Intrigued, the Reaver drew closer until she observed a lioness.

"Oh. A traveler," she said aloud, surprised.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

mouselet rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 3, 2 Total: 8 (5-20)

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:36 pm
((I AM AN IDIOT.))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:53 pm
Kali caught sight of the approaching lioness well after she had been spotted herself. The Reaver had an interesting set of markings, she noticed, but she blended in much better than the brightly colored challenger. Still, she had been noticed- and that was all she needed to steel her nerves and make her move.

She shifted her weight and grinned. The approaching lioness didn't look like a 'Viking' .. but then she didn't look much like a Swampie or Mountain lion either. Looks could be deceiving and she knew she was in the right place.

"I'm here to challenge for entry into your pride," she called out, her expression and her stature at odds. Kali was small but she was ready to fight.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:06 pm
"Oh!" She supposed it was a reasonable request (demand?) and that she should've expected it. Syel wasn't entirely helpless of course, not growing up in the Mysky Syntynyt. She'd never had anyone challenger her before though...not that she'd been able to accept such challenges until just a few moons ago.

"Well, okay then," Syel replied with a friendly smile. "I guess you should...try attacking me?" It seemed like the right way to start.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:21 pm
The reaction she got from the Viking was unexpected and caused Kali to hesitate for just a second. This lioness was far too friendly for the reputation of the pride.. but she couldn't let herself be tricked. If she hadn't known it to be a chance meeting, she might have thought it was an insult. She didn't want to be misjudged for her outward appearance, she wouldn't make a judgement of this lioness yet.

So she shook it all off, and leaped forward. She had no hope of straight-on tackling another lioness to the ground without some work beforehand, so she unsheathed her claws and aimed for the face.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:26 pm
"Whoa!" The dark lioness jumped aside as the stranger lunged straight for her. Wow, this lioness meant business! Syel didn't really object to the principle (she did understand how so many pridemembers made combat their entire lives) but she hadn't really expected the other lioness to take her so literally.

As the stranger's lunge took her past Syel, the darker female put out a half-hearted paw in an attempt to swipe her. Needless to say, Syel failed to connect.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:31 pm
Her target moved to the side- an expected move-- but to the wrong side for Kali to compensate properly. A calculated risk in the way she started their fight, but she was ready enough to move that there was no worry at all about being hit when Syel put only the vaguest of effort into fighting back.

With a frown, she moved forward again- aiming now for her opponent's legs before she could get her paw firmly back onto the ground and steady herself.. and surprising even herself at how quickly she managed to move.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:35 pm
Syel was no kind of warrior. She'd obtained Reaver status for freedom, not for fighting. So when the stranger aimed for her legs, the dark lioness was wholly surprised. She tried to block, or move, or something, but instead only managed to get herself tangled up with her opponent's foreleg. The Reaver didn't even try attacking as she tried to extricate herself from the mess.

"Um, I think only one of these legs is mine...do you think you could, you know, pull yours out?" Syel asked. On another day she might think the stranger...meant something...by these kinds of actions. But that probably wasn't today.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:55 pm
Syel was no kind of warrior.. and Kali was coming to understand that as their fight continued. Somehow, instead of just throwing her opponent off balance, they ended up being tangled and she was being asked nicely to help solve this problem.

With some stumbling, she got herself back and away- and her uncertainty was plain as day on her face.

"Are you- is this- normally how this works?"

Frustrated, she took another swipe at Syel.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:01 pm
Syel closed her eyes and dodged against what ended up being a glancing blow. She flailed her own paw in her opponent's direction, focusing more on the conversation than the actual fight.

"Well, I've never done this before!" the lioness explained cheerfully. "I mean, I have some training - I couldn't have gone on a Viking if not - but I'm not very good. Not like the lions who live and breathe this stuff."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:12 pm
Kali huffed at the cheerful admission from the other lioness. So she didn't have a proper opponent, then? Did this really count? She was winning.. would she have to do this all over again, or live her life here defending her right to be here?

At least the lioness wasn't suggesting this didn't count. She'd worry about the implications later, for now she was ready to keep going. Even though the realization made her change tactics from serious to more careless.

"So you're really a viking?" she said, rearing up and attempting to give Syel a good shove- no more trying to goad her into really fighting back than just getting the upper paw.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:16 pm
"Of course I'm a real Stormborn!" Syel huffed in return as she got shoved by the other liones. Glaring, she decided to return the favor and prove herself. The dark lioness lowered her head and rammed it towards the nearest part of the other female's body.

Not a viking indeed. Vikings were raids, not people! Anyone who was truly in the pride knew that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 pm
She noticed the change of tone and the correction of terminology, but Kali was most impressed by the way the other lioness moved once she was offended. It made her a little less embarrassed about just how well this had gone so far, and she yelped as the other lioness rammed into her shoulder and scrambled to keep on her feet--

Until she realized she could use the momentum against her opponent and she dropped right to the ground, creating a tripping hazard for the forward-moving lioness. It wasn't going to be comfortable for Kali, either, but.. it could work.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm
The next thing Syel knew, she was on the ground, just as tangled with the stranger as she'd been earlier in the bout. The lioness growled and worked to free herself, flailing aroundd not just to get loose but also to hopefully land some kind of blow on her opponent.

The dark female kept up a subaudible grumble about being taken advantage of and having iron in her blood all the while.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff