Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] The world outside the family(Eostre & Tuhrata)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 am
User Image
The sun seemed to wash the world clean. When it was this bright it dazzled her eyes and made her feel lazy and unwilling. That didn't mean that she wasnt going to do anything, it just meant she didn't feel like it. Having found a patch of perfect shade, far enough from her mothers den that she wouldn't be interrupted by her siblings, but near enough that she could run home if she wanted to, Eostre let her mind wander. Her mother was becoming more and more demanding the older she and her siblings, no, she and her sisters became. She expected so much of them to the point that she had sort of started to wish she was a boy instead of a girl. Her brothers, they got to laze around and just be young, they didnt have their mothers expectations thrust upon them.

She let out a sigh, she was too young to have all of these thoughts but she felt the impending nearness of growing up, of being old enough to go on a reaving, to fight, to battle, to find a thrall, just to Thieve or plunder a bit. The question in her mind was, did she want to do that? Did she really, really want to go out in to the world and spend her days fighting? It was a conundrum she couldn't bring up with anyone in her family, she didnt even dare tell the Thralls in case they told her mother of her uncertainty.

It was too much to think of in this bright sunshine, unfortunately she just couldn't turn her brain off. How she wished she could.

Princess_feylin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am
User ImageTuhrata had been meditating in the brilliant sunlight, doing his best to ignore his earthly senses and reach out for the spirits with his mind, as his father had shown him. He thought he might have gotten it, but when a soft sigh startled him into wakefulness, the young cub realized that he had at some point drifted from meditating to dozing.

"Yah!" he exclaimed, frustrated with his failure. It was not the first time he had fallen asleep while trying to touch the spirit world.

"One day I will kill you," he said without turning toward the shade from whence the sigh had emanated. He might not have been meditating very well, but his senses had been pretty finely attuned and he had no difficulty discerning where the sound had come from.

It was rude, of course, for him not to turn to greet someone, but the warm sunlight felt so good on his face with his eyes closed. It was like bathing in gentle flame, or something like that. At any rate, he liked the way it felt, and he was reluctant to turn his face away if he didn't have to. Sunny days were not particularly common at this time of year, he'd been told,and so he ought to cherish them.

Syrius Lionwing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 am
Princess_Feylin

Eostre's ears swivelled as she heard the sound of a male voice near by. Had she been so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn't realised that someone else was here? She stood and craning her neck her gaze fell upon the fox coloured cub. "Why would you kill me?" She sniffs, she didnt even know this boy and he was already threatening her? She raised a brow, perhaps she wasn't aiming that particular comment at her?

Scrunching up her face she hopped up next to him. For a moment she blinked out the light from her eyes finally settling her sky blue eyes on the male. He seemed to be enjoying the sun so she sat herself down and turned her chin towards the bright light. It was pretty nice out here, she wasnt really a sun worshiper after all, she liked to be in shadows most of the time not that her colour lent itself to any sort of shadow.

"I'm gunna hope you don't want to kill me, I'm Eostre, who th e Heck are you?" Again a raised brow as she fixed her stern gaze on the other cub.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:34 am
Tuhrata abruptly decided he'd done enough meditating for the day. Besides, he knew from experience it was impossible for him to even attempt to meditate with people talking to him, so he might as well give in and be social.

"I have no plans to kill anyone today. It's just what people say," he answered, opening his eyes the barest slit so that he could turn just his eyeballs toward his interlocutor. A young cub, like himself, it looked like, though somehow less aware of the ways of the pride.

"I'm Tuhrata Oddson," he introduced himself formally, giving up on his sun worshipping and turning around to look at the other cub properly. "Who are you?"

She didn't look like anyone Tuhrata knew, but there were far fewer people in the pride that he did know than that he didn't. Even in his own family, he mostly didn't know everyone, although he could usually spot them in a crowd. His grandfather's markings were pretty distinctive, after all, and most members of his family shared them, to some extent.

Syrius Lionwing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:03 am
The salmon tinted cub tilted her head. If she had known the other was greeting her perhaps she would have replied properly "It's a good day to die." She pulls a tongue and settles herself in to a slouching position her tail flickering. "I'm Eostre daughter of Nymphaea" she puffs out her chest proudly tossing her salmon plait from her eyes. Her long mane annoyed her sometimes but she did so enjoy flicking her hair sometimes, it was a girl thing.

"I don't think I know you." She stated rather bluntly, of course her mother wasnt really the social type and though she lived with eight siblings and a couple of Thralls she hardly knew anyone outside of her family circle. Today was a rare alone day, she had of course wandered away from their family den and here she was rather swiftly faced with someone who wasn't family.

Her mother had told her not to speak to strangers, but he didn't look very strange to her, he looked sort of normal, therefore not strange. "You don't look like a stranger, are you a stranger Tuhrata?"

Princess_feylin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 am
"Never heard of her," Tuhrata said carelessly.

Had he realized that Eostre's mother had been among the first Firekin to come to the pride under his grandfather's leadership, he might have been more impressed by the other cub's lineage. As it was, that wasn't the sort of thing his father really emphasized with his children, though his half-aunt Kazul made a bigger deal about it.

"You don't know me, so I guess that makes me a stranger," he agreed cheerily. "But it's a big pride, and my family tends to keep to itself."

Unlike Eostre, Tuhrata had never been told not to talk to strangers. He had been warned to be wary of spirits in the woods, and not to leave the borders of the pride by too much, unless he was in the woods, but there were no restrictions on strangers. His father might actually be a little too trusting of his cubs' abilities not to get themselves into hot water.

"Want to go see an old altar?" he asked, abruptly changing the topic. "My half-aunt told me about it. She and my cousins' dad used to go there a lot. It's supposed to be pretty neat."

Syrius Lionwing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 am
Princess_Feylin

Eostre shrugged a little that the other cub hadn't heard of her mother. Not everyone had, she knew from her mothers words that she was often called the pink firekin. She was about to open her mouth and say this to the male cub but decided against it. What was the point, if he had not heard of her mother by name she doubted he would have heard of her by reputation.

She listened to his words about strangers and decided he was strange. It made her giggle a little, he was strange but, he decided, he wasnt a stranger in the sense that her mother had said. He wasn't dangerous. Just a bit weird.

"Ohhhhh that sounds super interesting!" She squeezed jumping to her paws at the mention of an alter. She paused in her excitement four a moment and glanced back the way she had wandered to this particular spot. Home was that way. She could skip off now and not have an adventure. Yeh, like that was an option. She jumped back in to the moment her excitement bubbling near the surface. "Lets go, I'v never seen an alter before!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:06 pm
"Super!" Tuhrata replied, maybe teasing Eostre a little bit. He'd never heard anyone use the word the way she just had, and it sounded absolutely ridiculous to him, but not bad ridiculous. Just funny. His dad would probably think so, too, if he remembered to tell him.

"I think they used to kill people here," he remarked as he led the way, his tone maybe a little too casual for a discussion about killing people. "On the altar. For the gods."

The pride didn't do that anymore, though the priestesses still made sacrifices of lesser creatures or used their entrails to read the future. Tuhrata had not been told much more than that, as there were no Stormborn living who recalled the time when lions had been sacrificed on the altar. There weren't even any Stormborn alive who remembered when this particular altar had been in use. It might've fallen into disuse before the practice of sacrificing lions fell out of fashion.

When they reached the altar, he let out a little huff that conveyed dismay and disappointment. Then he looked over at Eostre to gauge her reaction. Maybe she was more impressed than he was by the sight of some half-toppled rocks pitted with years of rain and ice. To him, it just looked like more of the sort of rocks that occurred in the highest parts of the pride. His tail twitched irritably. He'd hoped this would be more interesting.

Syrius Lionwing
So, given the fact that I've turned into a complete flake, do you want to try to wrap this up in the next few posts so that it can at least be counted as complete? Maybe they can decide the altar is a bust and agree to meet up some other time to find something better to explore?

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 am
Princess_Feylin
sounds good let me wrap it!

The tan lioness looked at the alter, less than amused. Well, that had been a real let down. Still out of respect for the male cub she smiled half heartedly. “Maybe its only interesting at a full moon or something?” She did like to think sometimes that things wer emore interesting to look at during different times of day, or during odd times of the month. “the sea always looks more interesting when there’s a full moon.” She affirmed though looking at the alter she doubted it would ever be very interesting it did just look like a boring pile of rocks.

“So, uh, this little trip was fun and all, but I should get along home now.” She paused hopping back in the direction they had come from. She stopped in her foot steps and looked back at the other cub. “I’m glad you’re not a stranger Tuhrata, come and play with me again sometime okay?” She grinned and raced off down the well beaten path where lions had gone before her, many to their untimely ends.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games