[PRP] Keep your nose clean (Sarani x Raizen) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 pm
User ImageSarani thought she probably wasn't supposed to be at the river by herself. Actually, she knew she definitely wasn't supposed to be. However, she'd just had dinner, and that meant that there was blood around her muzzle and on her paws, despite her best efforts to keep both of them clean while eating. At least she'd managed to keep her whiskers mostly out of it this time, though the concentration required to do so meant that the rest of her face had suffered.

So now, despite being a little over-full and slower than usual, she was sneaking away from her family and making her way to the river so that she could give herself a thorough washing. She'd already performed a cursory grooming with her tongue, but the little lioness would not be satisfied until she had also washed with water. It was an oddity that her family teased her about, but she didn't care. Cleanliness was important.

She paused and crouched low, her rounded tum brushing the ground. There had been a noise!

AstoriaFallen
I just realized I don't know your cub's name.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:53 pm
Princess_Feylin
I just realized I never told you. XD Raizen, (raisin since he looks like one) <3

So he had a larger family than he had initially thought outside of his own litter of siblings but that wasn't a bad thing. He just wasn't sure how he felt about the interaction the last of them had just partook in. While they weren't born in the pride like some of the others they seemed alright. He might try to get to know them better when he wasn't around some of his more wary siblings.

Tripping over his own feet he caught himself and stumbled forward for a moment and looked around. Had anyone seen him? His white paws were looking a little darker with the dust he had kicked up but he brushed the thought away from his mind. Who was going to see him anyway?

Oh.

He realized then he was no longer alone as he realized there was an snow colored female not too far away. However something about her stood out. "Hey, you have a white nose like I do!"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 pm
Sarani's lips pulled back from her tiny fangs in a silent snarl that threatened violence at the first hey, but quickly relaxed as she rapidly determined that this was not someone who could get her into trouble. Nobody who made remarks about the color of a stranger's nose was anyone Rani felt could pose much of a threat.

But still. What a weird thing to say to someone.

"Um. Yes?" she agreed, rising up to her full (and yet still diminutive) height. "Is that important?"

Although she was standing up once more, the tip of her tail twitched in agitation and her ears were not still. She had been alive just long enough to realize that normally lone cubs were not lone cubs at all, and either had a gang of other cubs with them, or a parent somewhere nearby. In either case, Rani would be kept from her goal of a Good Wash.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:34 pm
Princess_Feylin

Well, he supposed it wasn't a fairly important bit of information. He had just rather blurted the first thing that had come to his mind and was maybe regretting it now?

"I suppose not, I just found it cu--- interesting." He corrected himself, even his sisters didn't like to be called cute so he doubted she would either. Hopefully she didn't catch that or if she did at least not get mad.

Not that he wouldn't be able to handle that.

"Where are you off to? Maybe I can join you?" He asked her curiously. She was the first cub he had met outside of his family members so he was quite hoping this didn't get cut short.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:50 pm
Rani tilted her head from one side to another, a little too quickly, so it was not really clear what she was trying to convey. In fact, she wasn't really trying to convey anything, so that was fine. It was just one of the things she did unconsciously when she was considering.

"I guess it is kind of interesting," she agreed. "Maybe we're related. I have a lot of family on my mum's side. A lot."

She was a little more cagey about sharing where she was going with a stranger though. While it was true she had decided he did not present a threat to her, there was always the chance he was a tattling sort, who might run to find a family member or a gang and get her into trouble.

"I'm going to have a wash," she said cautiously. "You can come if you tell me your name. I'm Sarani."

Her family mostly called her Rani, or sometimes Sara, which could be confusing, but Rani wasn't going to offer that familiarity to someone she'd just met. Even if they did have the same color nose. Noses weren't everything, after all.

AstoriaFallen
Sorry Rani's being kind of a brat. I'm still trying to find her voice, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:07 pm
Princess_Feylin
I actually have no clue if they are related or not honestly.... -goes to look up my cubs mother-
User Image
Her blue coloring makes me think they may be related?

He hadn't thought anyone outside of his family had white noses so it was possible they were related? Or it was just coincidence. "Apparently I have a huge extended family on my fathers side as well." He was sure he got the white nose from his mothers side. He wasn't exactly sure how large that was yet.

"I have a sister with a white nose like that but I wasn't sure anyone else outside of my family had one." So it was possible they had some sort of relation though that was a lot to bet on just by her nose.

"I'm Raizen, I would like to accompany you Sarani." Why was he being so caviler?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 pm
"Raizen," Rani repeated, doing her best to commit the name to memory. Remembering names had not turned out to be one of her strong suits so far.

"Okay. Let's go. But we'll have to avoid being noticed. I'm...not really supposed to be out right now." Rani was not an adept liar. Blood rushed to her face as she understated the degree to which she wasn't supposed to be out, turning her white nose and the pale skin inside her ears faintly pink.

Before they could set off, a thought occurred to her, along the lines of remembering Raizen's name. "Can I call you Raizen Frostnose?"

Rani had no way of knowing that when she was older, after she'd gained something of a reputation as a reaver, she would acquire a similar moniker, and answer to Sarani the Bloodless.

AstoriaFallen
Sorry. Had to drive home and fix a plumbing problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:07 pm
Princess_Feylin
No worries! Do you happen to know if his mother is related to your girls family at all? I know nothing of the SB lineages haha

He caught her blush with, embarrassment? He wasn't sure if she was embarrassed or just the fact she was doing something she wasn't supposed to do was what had caused her to flush and he smiled as he noted the color change in her features. It was cute, he wanted to say it but refrained.

"I'm quite a good lookout, I'll make sure no one see's us." He said standing proudly, sticking out his chest a little bit as he gave a firm nod of his head. "Only if I can call you Snow Maiden Sarani." He was making a joke but was partially serious. She reminded him of what he had been told snow looked like and figured it was a fitting enough name.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm
"That's great" Rani replied, referring both to Raizen's willingness to be a lookout and the name he'd bestowed upon her. She did kind of like the sound of it, though it wasn't perhaps as dangerous as she hoped to one day be.

"So, where'd you learn to be a lookout?"she asked in a whisper as they strode toward the river. "There are so many people in my family who think they're sneaky and who try to be sneaky and silent like ghosts all the time, it's...feh."

She didn't know how to finish her thought. What she wanted to say was how frustrating it was to be born into a family with gods and lions who spent a lot of time in the spirits' forest and were all basically silent and invisible when they chose to be, and how hard it was to feel like she was any good at any stealthy things when everyone else was so much better.

AstoriaFallen
I don't think they're actually related, but Sarani's family tree is a little more opaque to me than most of my SB.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:17 pm
Princess_Feylin

He was pleased he'd be able to at least do something useful for her.

"Well, I have enough siblings that like to go off and do things they aren't supposed to so I sort of taught myself." He said kind of sheepishly. He'd never really boasted about himself before so it was sort of new to him.

"Are they really not?" He inquired with a light laugh with the way she described it.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:03 am
"That's pretty impressive," Rani said, and meant it.

Rani huffed as she tried to come up with a satisfactory answer to Raizen's question. She wasn't huffing at him. Mostly at her family, which she absolutely loved, but also found exasperating. Especially when they teased her about her need to be clean.

"Some of them are really good at it," she admitted grudgingly. "But that's mostly the grown-ups. Everyone else just kind of gets by either because the grown-ups don't mind as much as they say they do, or they were distracted by someone being dumb. There's a lot of dumb in the world."

Sarani knew she wasn't making her family sound very good, and that she should backtrack and explain better, or at least say something really great about her family, to balance out her criticism of their sneaking, but nothing stand-out came to mind. They were good lions and good Stormborn, but that was hardly interesting enough to mention.

Finally, she lamely added, "I do like my family. But they make fun of me because I like to be clean."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:47 am
Princess_Feylin

He was pleased that he was at least doing something right if she was impressed. Not that had been his whole goal or anything, it was just a nice addition.

"Ah." He said as she spoke and then laughed. "Oh yes, there is quite a lot of dumb." He added with a shake of his head and a smile. He was starting to like her as a friend, not that he couldn't like her more later but that wasn't something that was on his radar in his mind yet.

Give it to adolescence.

"What's wrong with being clean? You have such a beautiful pelt, why wouldn't you want to show it off?" He asked her curiously, that seemed like such an odd thing to be made fun of.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:34 am
"Exactly!" Rani exclaimed. "There's nothing wrong with being clean."

It was nice that someone else understood. Or at least wasn't teasing her the way her family did. She didn't really require understanding, just acceptance without obvious judgment.

"'Course, that's what my family says, too. It's being..." She fumbled for their exact word for a second, and then pronounced it with the greatest care. "Being excessively clean that's not normal."

She didn't realize that her family worried her penchant for cleanliness would make her an easy target for crueler teasing once she got into the world. Nor that, in the more immediate future, they worried she might inadvertently drown herself if she went to wash herself unsupervised. All she saw was that they refused to understand.

"There's a bit of a field up ahead. We'll have to cross it all in a rush. So first we have to know if there's anyone around."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:57 pm
Princess_Feylin

Was there such a thing as excessively clean? He had never really met someone that was THAT clean so maybe there was?

He gave a small shrug. "As long as you're happy why does it matter what they think or say?" He questioned, not really so much to her but in general. Why should it matter to them if she's happy? Siblings could be mean.

When she told him of the field he gave a small nod. "I can scout it out first if you want?" He offered, it wouldn't be too hard for him to do and then they could make a run for it.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 am
Rani answered with a shrug. It didn't much matter to her, most of the time, but it did sometimes impede her ability to do as she liked, when she wasn't allowed to go wash by herself, for instance.

"That would be good," she agreed. "Thanks."

As she spoke, Rani slowly shifted her weight backward until she could raise both her forepaws off the ground and cautiously sit up and back on her hindquarters to peer around, too, like a spectral meerkat. She didn't see anything, but she would leave it to Raizen's expert opinion to decide whether or not it was safe to make a break for it.

She plopped back onto all fours and looked toward Raizen expectantly.

AstoriaFallen

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces