Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:28 am
User Image

Kezela padded slowly through the thick grass. The tan and cream adolescent was alone, though this was the heart of the pride's current residence so she was in no danger from rogues or stampeeding prey. The worst she faced was a snake or scopion, though those were still enough to threaten her life, she was not paying very much attention to either her direction, or the path she was following.

Head down and gaze fixed on the dirt directly in front of her paws, Kezela padded along lost in her thoughts. A faint frown marked her features and she would periodically shake her head roughly to dislodge the thick dark fur of her mane from where it fell over her eyes.

"Boys are stupid." She groused out loud suddenly, tail flicking behind her as she floped down bodily in the middle of the path, going into full-on pout mode as teenagers were wont to do.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:07 am
User Image

Kuhasa was rarely busy these days. In some respects, it was nice. It was way easier to be social when there were so many other lions around, but on the other paw, he was itching to wander like he used to. To make up for it, he explored the area the pride currently inhabited thoroughly on his own time and looked forward to migration should he be lucky enough to still be around for it.

He was just on his way out of the busiest parts of the area the pride currently occupied, already having put quite the distance between him and the bulk of the lionesses.. when he spotted a young lioness ahead- just in time to hear something as she flopped onto the ground. Based on age and coloration, he'd guess she was one of Bangizwe's daughters.

She didn't sound or look like she was in trouble so he hesitated. But not for long. Bold as he was curious, he approached openly.

"Everything OK?"

Tanakako

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 pm
The sudden voice behind her startled the youngsster, who had been lost deeply in her thoughts. With a yeowl loud enough to startle the near-by birds she leaped up and around, spinning to face the voice.

"Don't do that!" She snapped at him, as if it had been his fault that she had just been scared witless. Panting from the sudden fright she eyed him warily. She knew of him, but had never met him. Having been born right at the end of the drought and with her mother dieing right after, the young female had been passed from one lioness to the next, taken in by whom ever had milk to spare. As such she had been kept well away from all the pride males, abaholi and inselelo both. She knew which was her father, and which was her grandfather. But this one was unrelated to her at all. As a young lioness she had spent a lot of time thinking about her future. Specifically that of being a mother to her own cubs, which of course included not abandoning them by dieing. And which male would father them.

"Im not mating with you." She informed the Inselelo, apparently completely out of the blue, even though in her head the words matched the direction of her thoughts.

Ecavi
Lol Sorry!!! Kez is rather antisocial. XD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:02 am
Her reaction startled him but he maintained much more control over himself, though he couldn't help but step back a bit as she turned around and snapped at him. Kuhasa was becoming very familiar with dealing with the feistier of females around the pride, this wasn't so bad yet.

"Sorry," he said, smiling-- until she suddenly declared that she would not mate with him. Bewildered at best, he still had to take a beat to shake it off. It wasn't really much of a personal insult and there was no denying that that was really why he was allowed temporary residence within the pride.. it was just so sudden, forceful and from someone so young that it made him pause. He took another step back, showing he was both accepting of her statement and willing to give her her personal space.

"That's fine," he said, "I just saw you fall and thought I'd make sure you were OK."

Tanakako

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:32 am
As he stepped back, Kez wrinkled her muzzle in confusion. Did she smell or something? His ready agreement was welcome however, and she calmed down a little after he had spoken. "Well, ok then." She confirmed, nodding firmly. She wished it made her feel better, but it didn't. Which only annoyed her further. Maybe he didn't want to mate with her? Such an insult made the fur along her spine lift up. Never mind that she had already decided she wanted a male with a pitch black mane, tall and proud and strong. Someone to protect her and her cubs from all the evil outside of the pride. Having gone a little dreamy-eyed at her imagined perfect Umholi, she blinked back to the present and eyed the pale lion suspiciously. "Aren't I pretty?" She demanded, before his question managed to get though to her distracted teenage mind. Really, it was a wonder Kez remembered to ever eat, with the way her hormone-addled brain flitted this way and that.

"Fall?" Sounding completely confused she stared at him, then down at her paws as if they might hold the answer to the riddle he was giving her. Finally understanding dawned and she peered up at him once more, brow furrowed. "I didn't fall. I laid down on purpose!"

Ecavi
I feel so bad for him! Poor guy. I promise my other girls are generally nicer.. well, aside from Amakhaza. lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:42 am
Wow, girls are confusing.

Kuhasa could see that his reaction was barely accepted at first, and then seemingly outright rejected after more consideration. He hadn't yet run into this situation where he was explicitly rejected and yet .. expected to show regret over it? He might have, if she were a more familiar, grown-up lioness with a more predictable attitude.

For now, though, he was spared trying to find the correct response to that question when she said she didn't fall.

"Of course," he said, smiling sheepishly, "My mistake. Were you talking to yourself, too, then?"

Tanakako
I bet poking the bear is a great idea for him, too xD

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 am
Kez scowled at him again as he spoke, trying to decide if she ha detected a hint of derisivness or mockery in his tone. The gods help him if he was teasing her. Squinting up at him she finaly decided that, just maybe, he was being honest with his enquiry.

"Yes...." She returned with a cautious tone. "Some of the male cubs were being stupid." She said with a slightly miffed expression.

Ecavi
So hilarious. XD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 pm
His amusement became more apparent when she answers affirmatively, though he had known the answer- or assumed that answer already, there was some chance there had been a small creature out of sight when she had laid down and cried out. Her explanation, though, interested him.

"Oh, of course," he said thoughtfully, "I suppose there are more cubs around now, eh?"

Joining during the drought.. he hadn't had much chance to see just how lively the pride could get. But Kuhasa knew one thing for sure.. it was almost embarrassing that he had yet to actually produce any cubs himself. Especially since he wasn't exactly being shunned by the lionesses.

Tanakako

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:55 pm
She nodded violently, sending her mane tuft flopping all over her face again. "YES!!! They were saying how they would take over as Umholi soon and all kinds of stupid things! As if any of us would want them as Umholi!" She snorted in distain, shaking her head once more to rid herself of her fringe.

It was likely that she was speaking of the previous Inselelo's offspring, the one called Buyisiwe. As the little cub had already made it known that he planned on returning to challenge for a place as Inselelo, like his father. And considering the impossibly high standards Kez had already decided on for her perfect Umholi, the cub's dark mane wasn't enough to offset the completely undesirable lightness of his pelt.

Still fuming the young female paws at the ground, apparently forgetting Kuhasa was even there. "Why are boys so stupid?!" She exclaimed loudly in consternation.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:10 pm
Kuhasa watched as the young lioness explained exactly what was so stupid about these particular boys, seeing for the first time the confirmation of his suspicion that competition was, of course, internal as much as external. He wondered if he could think poorly of any sons he might have challenging him for his place..

"In the end, it's the lionesses who really decide, right?" he said, smiling, "Let them try. At worst, you'll get a good show of it from the Abaholi."

He knew his time here was not a guarantee unless he had the audacity to challenge the Abaholi. And he knew that wouldn't work if only for cultural ideals. He'd have to be way more impressive to make up for his ghostly appearance, and he'd already stupidly got himself and others permanently injured. Kuhasa wasn't sure he'd be able to win a fight against young, whole lion who challenged him when that day came.

Not that he wouldn't try.

Tanakako

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:32 am
The young female looked up at his words, apparently startled that he was still there, but then her expression turned thoughful. After a moment she nodded slowly. "I guess... you are right." Evidently warming up to the idea of the boys looking stupid in a fight against her Umholi, she grinned. "Ha! Let them try. They will never beat a true lion." Smirking she sat up, turning her full attention onto Kuhasa. Which considering her lightning-quick temperment, might not be all that comfrtable for anyone subjected to her scrutiny. "You are smarter than you look." She observed, evidently thinking this a compliment as she stood and shook off the bits of grass stuck to her fur. "I like you." Turning she started to walk off, tail lazily swinging behind her, in a far better mood than she had been when he had run across her earlier. "Later!" She called back to him as she sashayed off.

Ecavi
Im so sorry! I've been away a lot recently and am only just now catching up here. I'll start one for our Maditah family too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm
Kuhasa remained passive under the scrutiny of the young lioness, his smile small but confident as the idea of getting a good laugh of the younger lions trying to best the Abaholi grew on her.

"Well thank you," he said at her back-handed compliment, more than willing to take what he could get- especially after such a rough start. Her abrupt decision to end the conversation was definitely not a surprise and he chuckled as she walked off before returning to his own path.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out