Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] Blind Leading the Blind. (Ume and Eletumaini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 pm

User Image
It had been a hectic past few months for the lioness for sure. With Zuberi and her adopted niece coming to visit on top of the Stormborn camping in their lands there hadn't been much time for sleep or catching up on her normal household errands. Errands like making sure she had plenty of stock of the necessary herbs to home care mild illnesses such as upset stomachs or headaches. She was also running low on supplies to make toys for the youngins, the necessary objects needed to make the paints her niece adored so much, and other general things she liked to have lying around to use in her day-to-day life.

That is why she found herself pushed so far out from the main township. As soon as there had been a brief moment of calm Ume packed her bags and headed out towards the borders. She was mindful not to cross the borders of her home but even so to find some of the items on her grocery list she was pushed far from her normal stomping grounds.

Luckily with how often Ume was forced to make this hike out so far she had begun to make a reliable mental map of the area. No longer did she get herself lost for days going around in circles until some poor soul found her and redirected her back home. Now she moved with ease and confidence, making her way quickly through the thick jungle with no sign of fear. With good luck and if the weather held she hoped to be heading back home within a few more hours!

Unfortunately with her mind distracted on sniffing out her targets she failed to notice the Leopard smack dab in the middle of her path.
Manda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am
User Image

Eletumaini had very simply wandered into the jungle not long ago, reeling a little from his last "friendly spar" with Kitoweo, who seemed to have decided they were rivals or something without Ele's input or consent. The leopard by this point had resigned himself to the situation, since the big lion was always gruffly friendly after (inevitably) winning a fight with him. No permanent harm had been done, but the blind leopard was getting a little annoyed with how easy it was for the other to beat him. On one paw, he appreciated that Kito didn't go easy on him because he couldn't see. But on the other paw, he was getting sore from all the scuffling around.

So he'd taken off walking in a random direction and ended up... here. Wherever here was. He had no doubt that the lion could still find him if he wanted to, as he wasn't really trying hard to hide. Just to get a couple days of peace, maybe. Lost in his own thoughts, he had paused for a moment in the middle of walking and let out a startled "oof" when he was bumped into. Sitting down abruptly, he turned his head back and forth to try and figure out what happened - quickly catching the somewhat familiar scent of "lion".

But this was obviously not his erstwhile rival, as the scent was female and unfamiliar. "Uhm. Sorry. I .... didn't see you," he apologized to the air, face turned in a random direction since he couldn't tell where she was exactly.

Pollack

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 pm

She let out her own 'oof' as she was expectantly stopped dead in her tracks. Falling roughly right onto her butt a low grown shortly followed her impact as she moved to get herself off of her smooshed tail.

Oh. My. Gods. She did not just run into someone again! She just recovered from the last time she had crashed head-first into some poor bloke!

Lifting a paw she rubbed the sore spot on her chest as she sat there grumbling at herself. C'mon Ume honestly. She had been living with this handicap for far too long to keep acting like a newborn kitten fumbling around! She might have been getting up there in the years but she had more direction and sense of space than this pitiful display. She should have easily been able to hear his movements and adjusted herself accordingly.

The deep sound of the male's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Flustered with her cheeks growing hotter by the second she lifted a paw to wave his apology off. "Oh please don't worry about it! I'm sorry I was the one who didn't erm see you in my path. Are you quite alright though? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Lifting herself up she padded over to him, setting a gentle paw on his shoulders. "Please be honest with me if I did, I'll gladly assist you back to my pride if you're feeling unwell."

Manda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:31 am
"No no I'm fine!" Other than lingering bruises and scratches from sparring ... but that definitely wasn't her fault. He had a moment of wondering how she didn't see him either, but ... that wasn't really important. He jumped just slightly when a paw suddenly touched his shoulder, turning his head toward her voice. "You didn't hurt me, I don't think either of us was going all that fast," he replied with a small smile.

"Do you... live near here, though? I think I'm a bit lost, actually. This place... seems different." He had almost said 'smells different' but stopped himself, because that might give away his blindness. Not that it wouldn't be obvious anyway - to most others.

Pollack

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:55 am

Ume let out a reliving sigh from the breath that she hadn't realized she had been holding in. Thank goodness that she didn't accidentally injure this poor fellow! As much as it would have been interesting to try and explain what exactly had happened, it wasn't something she was keen on attempting anytime soon.

Though knowing her luck lately it was bound to happen at some point or another.

Still her brows furrowed together as the pads of her fingers ran across the raised tell-tale bumps under his fur from various scratches and scabs forming. She might have not injured him but it seems someone else sure as hell had! At the very least none of it was overly concerning or life-threatening from what she could tell. Minor scratches and scraps at best, unless he had some other wounds hidden on other parts of his body.

Lowering her paws back down she took a few cautious steps backwards to give him plenty of space to right himself again. "Actually I do. You're entering Bahari lands, that's probably why it seems strange. The additional foliage of the jungle is certainly a change from the grass lands -" Ah, it had dawned on her that it might be a bit assuming to think that he must have been from the grasslands. Why he certainly came from their direction he could have been even more lost than she Initially realized. "If that is where you're from?" She tacted on quickly at the end.

Manda

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff