Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[SRP] Rock Climbing Lessons (Ragnvald & Vígdís)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:49 am
User Image

User Image

"Hurry up, Rag!" Vígdís lithely maneuvered her small body up the rock side of the cliff, occasionally checking over her shoulder to see Ragnvald still on the ground, looking as nervous as he could be.

"Ví, those rocks are loose! You're trying to get us both killed!" The cub hesitated a moment longer, examining the rocks and trying to mentally retrace the path that his companion had taken. Whining again, he called. "Ví..." When she didn't respond and continued to leap up the side of what might as well have been a mountain, Ragn murmured to himself something about big, hairy spiders. Finally, the lion cub placed his paws on the rocks and began to (clumsily) make his way up. Vígís had already made her way to the top of the cliff and had climbed over the edge with grace. (well as much grace as a lioness cub could muster.)

Ví heard a yelp and hurriedly looked over the edge of the cliff. "Rag! Come on, it is not that difficult." The lioness wrinkled her nose but contained her giggles for her friend's sake. Watching him climb his way up the cliff side was very humorous but, knowing Rag's self esteem, it was best not to mention it. She couldn't look away, though, when she noticed him having to scramble with his back paws to prevent him sliding back down the cliff... again. "You almost have it!"

Ragn was about two-thirds of the way up when he shot a glare at Ví. "I still don't see what was wrong with going around to the grassy side!" The cub having lost his footing in a place looked down with another yelp. The height they were at now was realistically fifteen feet, but it might as well have been two thousand. Ragn made a whining, simper sound and returned looking up at Ví in fear.

Vígdís snorted. "Because! What if one day we have to climb the mountain side to sneak up on the enemy? It's good practice." She nodded as if her logic was clearly the obvious answer. She chose to not acknowledge how cowardly Ragn looked, for the first time doubting her decision to force him to climb the rock side.

Ragn looked wary as he continued to climb, finally making it to the top of the cliff. He collapsed on the grass top and huffed with exertion. "That. was. awful." The last word was a pointed insult thrown at Vígdís.

Word Count: 411  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:39 pm
Vígdís maintained her smug expression. "But you did it!" With a giggle, she danced in a circle before booping Rag on the nose. She immediately ran, looking at the tired form of her friend on the ground, not having to verbally say it was the initiation of the game 'tag.'

With a groan, Ragn rose to his paws and went after Vígdís. They were both clumsy, growing cubs but Ragn was stockier than she was, making him the slightest bit slower. Despite this knowledge, he had a determined face of concentration. Such concentration that he missed the rock that sent him sprawling.... right back toward the edge of the cliff.

"Ragn!" Vigdis only used Ragnvald's actual nickname, Ragn, when it was serious. Lunging for her friend, who was actually in no real danger of going over the edge, she gripped his tail in her teeth and pulled with all her might. It was quite comically with both the cubs trying to get away from the cliff edge, mostly because Vigdis' pulling was completely ineffectual.

At the same time, Ragn was scrambling back away from the edge with a squeaky yell of both shock and fright. Mentally, Ragn added 'height' to his list of things to avoid, right under spiders. "I told you this was a bad idea, Vígdís!" The fear of falling to his death had lit Ragn's temper which was clear by his use of Vi's full name and his form stalking off down the grassy side of the hill. Of course... it being down hill and steep, he had to go slow or less be sent rolling down. He nearly slipped a few times, adding to his embarrassment. All the while, this made it easy for his companion to catch up to him quickly.

"Hey, I saved your furry butt!" Puffing out her chest, Ví didn't honestly believe that but who was going to correct her? "You would have fell and broken your head open had I not grabbed you." She planted herself directly in front of Ragn, looking like a regal queen that had blessed him. "Also... I won." She snickered, turning around and heading down the hill with Rag trailing.

A grumpy Ragn suddenly turned bright when a brilliant realization hit him. "Hey! I actually won because you touched me! Haha!" Ragn, forgetting his anger, grinned wide. It was the first time he'd won anything against anyone, including his siblings. Taking on the look of the smug one, he marched the short distance to the bottom of the cliff, and began to clean himself. He seemed to always be covered in dirt; the white fur wasn't helpful either...

Looking disgruntled at being declared the loser, a Ví with a wrinkled snout lurched to the ground in a spring-form. With her butt wiggling in preparation of her lunge... one.. two... three! She sprang on the unsuspecting Rag who let out a yelp of surprise.

"Heeeeey!" He whined, struggling under her weight (though she wasn't much) and pulled away from her teeth that were currently gnawing on his ear. Cub-growling, his own teeth went for her back foot. It turned into a rolling cub ball as the other tried to get the upper hand. Eventually... Vigdis landed on top.

"Ha!" She smiled down at Rag, letting her victory settle, and leapt off him. "Lets go see if my Mother is back yet! I can't wait to tell her I climbed the cliff!"

Ragn groaned and rolled to his feet, trailing along. "Fine, but I hope you guys have food..."

Total Word Count: 1002  

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas