Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[PRP] Therapy Session (Dam'adhra & Nar'quesse)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:27 am
User Image

The dark lioness felt what she could only describe as ragged. Sleep was all she seemed to want to do, but she never felt rested. Her body felt heavier despite that she hadn't eaten in days. It was a surprise that she found herself dragging her feet to the watering hole now, just as dusk was settling. Even though her appetite hadn't returned, the roughness of her throat told her she needed to drink. It was a battle to get up in the first place and walking was just as warring. She'd been good going to her guard station when it was her cycle, perhaps late only here or there. Once her shift was over, she'd immediately return to her den to sleep. Today would have been the same, but mercifully it was her day off. She hadn't left her den since returning to it the evening prior after her time at the guard post.

This had been going on for several days. Dam didn't acknowledge the reason why, but it was ever present, hovering in the back of her mind. She'd almost killed someone. For no good reason. Her anger, which normally has been even keel, had exploded at the sight of... of, well. A rude lioness. That's all she really was, but Dam had seen her differently. The attitude, the cockiness. The words she used. That lioness had been the embodiment of every person who had used and beaten Dam down in her youth. And she had to pay. Dam had to show she was stronger now. And, boy, had she...

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The large male stretched himself out, claws digging into the dirt beneath his paws. It was dusk settling in, sure, but there had to be something to do. It was also his off day, he'd slept while the sun was out and now that night was falling, he wasn't sure what to do. Cubs would surely be in their den. He had no mate to romp around and wrestle with, so it looked like he had to actually go out to find someone to talk to or something to do.

Hunger caused his stomach to growl and he sighed. Ugh, eating first thing after waking up always made him feel so sluggish. So he would go to the watering hole for a long, cool drink. Nar'Quesse had a bit of hop in his step because things had just been going fairly well, even as a soldier.

He spotted a dark lioness against a not quite black backdrop and he tilted his head. Seemed to be down in spirits, it looked like.

So, he stayed quiet as he approached, at least until she realized he was there. "Lost that fire in you?" He asked carefully, dipping his head down to lap at the cool water.

In Good Faith

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:25 pm
Dam hadn't noticed her body had carried her to the watering hole until someone took enough notice to speak to her. She paused as she was crouched, drinking slowly. Her eyes on the water, watching as it rippled. When no one responded to the lion's voice, the silence that followed caused her look up. She realized he'd been talking to her a heart beat later.

"Sorry?" Her voice came out croaked and hoarse from having not used it in several days. She cleared her voice and repeated herself. "Sorry?" She glanced around to see if the lion could possibly mean any one other than herself. The two being alone, she decided he must have been referring to her. "I.. ah, yeah I guess you could say that." She gave a bitter, twisted smile at the water before letting her belly rest on the cool ground. Letting her thoughts run wild for longer than she liked, she looked back up at the lion. "I don't think I've seen you around before. I'm Dam." It was pronounced like 'Dom.' "Dam'adhra, really but... Dam is fine." Wow, this was practically babbling for her. Realizing, she gave an embarrassed laugh and looked down again.

Peppermint Coffee
As you on Skype Saint? If so, you can add me? :'3 And sorry if I asked before! I struggle to remember if I haven't spoken to you in the last couple of days @,@

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 pm
The crackle of her voice made Nar's brow arch. Interesting. His head canted as she seemed to come back to herself slowly the more she had to focus on talking.

"Nar'Quesse. Nar is what the others usually call me." He shifted to his belly to mimic her stance, belly on the ground, paws folding out in front of him. His back legs jutted out to one side before he finally settled completely, giving his attention back to her.

"I'm usually busy training, or what have you. I'm a soldier for the pride." He puffed up with confidence at his job title. It wasn't anything special, but Nar rather liked his role. "I've never seen you before. ...Are you new? We get a lot of new recruits at a specific time of the year." Nar's own voice was low, had a nice rumble to it, but it was very clear, strong, if you had to describe it in one word.

In Good Faith

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 pm
Dam certainly did notice the strength in the lion's voice. It was attractive in a confident sort of way. She noticed a touch of envy in her thoughts, too, upon hearing her own voice. "It's nice to meet you... Nar." She was still a little hoarse and it made her sound more... tough, she thought after thinking on it for a moment. She mentally shrugged, deciding she didn't care how she sounded. She hardly cared about anything right now.

When Nar continued, his voice again distracted her from her internal conflicts. Dam was impressed that he was solider. In all the lions she encountered day to day, that vast majority were guards like herself. She wondered at how talented he was sure to be... and how his self control was probably much better than hers. The thought slammed her insides like a rockslide. She almost visibly showed signs of pain but didn't let it come through, as best she could at least. Speaking of pain... she remembered the ache in her back leg after she must have shifted it. It was well on its way to healing but she felt she deserved more than what she got. The wounds were already closed, just requiring time for the scabs to set and eventually fall off.

She realized he'd asked a question, almost too late. "I.. ah, yes. I am relatively new. But I was here just before the great dueling event." She'd forgotten already what the official event was named so she used what she'd called it to herself. She purposely avoided mentioning her rank within the pride. Instead of continuing, though, her head dipped to lap more water up.

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 am
"Ah!" It clicked in his mind and he nodded. Nar crossed his paws again and just gave her a bit of a grin. "Okay. So that's fairly new."

Nar was trying to read this lioness. It seemed like something was not quite okay with her. The scabs on her, the hesitation in her voice. "Are you okay, Dam? You seem to have something on your mind... Tell me. I've been around the pride for a while, perhaps I can help you."

He let his face fall to something softer than a 'soldier' face, more personal this time. A true honest look of worry crept through him.

In Good Faith
<3

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash