Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] Flowers Fix Everything! (Yukio x Iloziya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:06 am

User ImageFor once the small cub had struck out on her own. She didn't have her aunt hovering protectively, nor her father by her side pointing out new and exciting things, not even her best friends bounding around her as they got into all sorts of mischief. It wasn't that she hadn't tried to seek out company, oh no she did with absolute gusto. But everyone seemed to be busy with one thing or another that they could not pull away from.

Normally Yukio was content being by herself. Taking the small rare opportunities to enjoy some peace and quiet. It let her explore on her own accord, get lost in her thoughts, take as much time as she wanted to study the various things in the environment around her. There was a just a slight hitch in her problem in her plan; the majority of any interesting items had been already swept up in the frenzy that was the Hlare's call just days prior! No grand study adventures today, nor could she even craft anything because of all the supplies going towards the Hlare's effort.

Truly, first world cub problems at their finest.

But without something to study, or something to craft, or at least someone to bother it left the cub quite bored. Lazying about and having absolutely nothing to focus her attention on or get her paws moving was not something she was use to. It left her jittery and very anxious to get her hands on anything. What did she over hear the vikings moan to one another when they felt like this, 'I have no enemies' or something of that nature? Why she generally didn't have 'enemies' to begin with she could appreciate their slang and agree in her own way that there were truly 'no enemies' as they put it to be found.

With a hefty sigh she flopped over onto her back into the sand, idly making sand angels with her splayed out legs as she pondered ideas on how to solve her little dilemma.

Mysses Greenie
RP CHERRY POPPED.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 am
User Image

The gift of freedom had been rare in the days leading up to the gathering that helped to find and provide materials to the Hlare - so when he had been given notice that a break was being given for the time being he disappeared as quickly as he could. Typically he'd be nursing a pounding headache, brought on by the alcoholic beverages brought from the Stormborn to drink while on the Viking, but today he simply had a dull ache.

Since he had the opportunity to travel a little bit he decided to retrace his paw steps, taken with Pili at the time, to visit the sandy shores of the beach. As he arrived he didn't noticed a number of things that would have told him there would be company, didn't see the paw prints - nor the shapes in the sand. All tell tale signs that a small being was wandering about and yet he was oblivious - one would likely chock that up to it being a day off so to speak.

When the horizon came into view he inhaled deeply the smells of the ocean spread out before him. The air was fresh, clean and invigorating, it woke him up while relaxing him in unison. All the while he raised his rump and lowered himself into a long stretch that ended with him laying down in the sand which was much warmer than he had anticipated - it was cozy.

"Ahhh.."

He sighed happily.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:14 am

Her aunt had been teaching her the valuable skill of seeing the world without using your eyes. Thus, even before the stranger was within eyesight her attention perked at the tell-tale signs of feet - giant feet at that - stomping in the sand. Her ears were on a swivel following the sounds as he moved about but still she stayed in her spot. Waiting to see exactly what this new stranger was here for.

One of her eyes finally opened at the rumbling beneath her. He had stopped? Hmm strange, so the stranger either hadn't seen her yet or just didn't give a damn about her presence. She would bet on the former given most adults seeking to relax shoo'd off stray cubs. For good reason to!

Yukio was going to be a prime example of that reasoning.

Rolling herself up she carefully padded herself into viewing distance. Her head swaying back and forth as she studied him. Large, muscler, no classic curls in his coat, nor did he smell like the sea. This must be one of those strange vikings that were visting! Ohhhh this was her lucky day. She hadn't gotten to meet one up close cept for the brief moments of passing during the gathering event or whenever she bumped into one why she was running around playing.

It was time for a little game of twenty questions. Whether the viking liked it or not he had caught the attention of one of the more inquisitive cubs in the Bahari.

Yukio inched herself closer till finally she was looming over him. Tilting her head to the side she stared owlishly down at him utterly bewildered why he hadn't moved yet. Did she watch someone just die? She expected him to wake up by now! He vaguely reminded her of the forest guardian she had met ages ago the way he was so oblivious to the world. Well, might as well try the same technique used to wake that heavy sleeper as well! Lifting a paw she gently booped his nose a few times to try and get a rise out of the viking. "Goooood morrrning! You still alive?"

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 am
His ears swiveled naturally at the small sounds of padding about and as the sound became louder, suggesting the small creature was close by he squeezed his eyes shut in the hopes that he could dissuade company. When the noise silenced he squeezed them a little tighter than heaved a deep sigh. When he finally opened his golden eyes he was greeted with the immediate presence of a small cub with large eyes peering right back at him. He inhaled quickly, which helped to eliminate his immediate reaction to smack the bloody cub away from him in a fit of being startled.

"Yes." He said a little bitterly, though he did his best to put on a smile. "What do you want?" He asked, the words were blunt and sounded nearly as exhausted as he looked - though Ziya was sure the appearance and sound would be lost on the little being before him so he didn't try to embellish it. Normally embellishing it would at least get the point across that all he was trying to do here was have a damned nap.

"While you answer that, can we have a little personal space?"

Immediately after asking that he realized that perhaps that truly might have been to much to ask and if the cub did comply he'd be the luckiest lion on the beach - though also the only lion on the beach.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:12 pm

He lives! Praise whatever deity happened to be listening! This little cub didn't actually just witness a man collapse to death. That lesson would be saved for another day after all.

"Oh right! Sorry about that." Yukio stepped back from him, giving a little room to breathe. Yukio plunked herself rightly down in the sand a mere few feet away. That was about as much space as he was going to get with this little one. Personal space was just something not in her dictanrey.

"What do I want? Do I need a reason to be here? Can't I just come by and say hi to a new friend?" Grinning at him she paused, trying to see if he would fall for her little trick. When his unamused expression didn't budge she let out a little sigh. "Okay, okay. So I came here because I wanted to ask you some questions! I haven't gotten to meet one of you guys up close yet. I have nothing to do, you don't look like you're busy sooooooo I figured this was the best chance I had!" She didn't even take notice about how exhausted he really was, she chalked looking so ragged and messy to being a part of being a big bad viking. "Before you know it I'll be out of your hair, I promise!"

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:56 am
The apology seemed sincere enough, but he had been right about the space issue - he wouldn't be the luckiest, but he did get a little room out of her. When she dropped her rump to the sand he relaxed a little bit of the tension he didn't realize he had - boy cubs put him on edge.

Her question seemed rhetorical - oh wait.. was she serious? Iloziya simply stared - hi wasn't even near good enough of a reason and when the tot got to her true plan of action he understood quite a bit more. A smile actually broke the sour look upon his face, but his eyes didn't appear any warmer. "Us guys, hm?" He said, half laughing at the generalization. "You realize it's impolite to group individuals like that. Do you even know who we are?" He offered the question and raised a brow at her.

Surely even cubs would be alike everywhere? He imagined the cubs within the Myrsky would be inquisitive and know precisely who was on their lands - but they were trained to also defend those lands from a young age. They often knew the borders before many other things and instructed about what was done at the borders, this also included what happened beyond the border. That allowed the early interest of becoming a Reaver which kept the pride moving. His thoughts bubbled about cubs as he awaited her response.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:07 am

Owlishly she blinked at him, her head tilting to one side in confusion. The accusation of being rude definitely took her by surprise and left the cub rather speechless Something that her parents would commend the Stormborn for being able to achieve! The problem was she didn't think she was being impolite with her question? The fact that she seemed to have stepped over a social line without intending to was unnerving for her. One of the things that her aunt always tried to instill in the cub was a proper sense of manners. She had always said that you got far more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Truth be told the cub really didn't understand the full meaning behind the phrase yet, but it seemed awfully important to follow by if her aunt kept it on repeat like a broken record!

"Impolite? B-but of course I know who you are!" Puffing out her cheeks she lifted herself onto her hind legs to strike a dramatic pose for affect. "You are the Stormborn! You guys come from the mountains capped with white stuff. You.." Pausing she lowered herself back down, popping her lips as she tried to think back to all the stuff she had heard about them. "Go steal lots of stuff. And need plants, or well you did for something. So I'd imagine you guys are good gardeners? Oh! And my auntie says that you guys need to learn how to have a volume meter." With that she gave a little sage nod, proud of her summery of the Stormborn in the whole.

"You guys have been all over the place, even places daddy refuses to take me to! So I know for a fact that there's more too you than what you've shown here. It can't all be plants, fluff, and your weird smelling fruits!"

Abominable Greenie
Also last post jesus christ "dictanrey" xD Self, were you perhaps looking for the word dictionary?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:54 pm
"..." He listened with the attention of the exhausted adult he was until she called them 'gardeners' and to that he raised a brow. The rest that she had said was probably true though - they tended to get loud quite frequently actually.

"So you think we are gardeners? That's plausible given our reason for being here." He smiled. "What do you think we are doing with the plants and other items we get from here?" His curiosity was blooming as she told him her thoughts - a cubs mind worked in mysterious ways and the perspective was actually really interesting. "We most certainly have been all over, there is definitely more to some of us than meets the eye." Iloziya said that about himself more than anything - the lions that were born within the Stormborn often portrayed similar backstories, he didn't wish to be unborn and reborn among his new brethren, but his story was certainly different than theirs.

"So do you travel with your Dad?" He asked, realizing that perhaps this cub was better traveled than most individuals he'd met in his lifetime - that was impressive. "What have you seen?" He inquired after brushing off the comment about his fruits, though he did ponder what may come of the situation if he were to give some of those fruits to her - he snickered a little bit, imagining a mellow cub, drunk off her itty bitty a**.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:36 am

"Well I mean some of you must be! Other wise what else would you need all those plants for? Unless you guys really reeeaaallly like to make pretty flower arrangements."

Pursing her lips she thought about his question for a second before loosely shrugging her shoulders. "Honestly I dunno. I hear a lot of talk about bad things being the cause, but then also I hear a lot of talk about you simply just can't grow these things up where you live. No one has the same answer about what's going on and it's frustrating. That's why I wanted to speak to one of you and get to the bottom of the real story." Little did she know the truth behind the massive need was all of it going towards fueling a war effort that was far too complex and dark for a cub her age to learn about. Still, it didn't stop her from wanting to stick her nose into business she wasn't ready to find yet.

Beaming a smile she nodded her head excitedly. Ohhh no one had ever asked HER where she had been before! "Yes, yes I do! My daddy says I need to learn about the world, the good, the bad, the ugly so I can make my own choices in life without pre..juice? Noo...OH! Prejudice, that's it. So we go everywhere."

Taking a deep breath in she got to rambling off all the places she had visited before at such a rate it most likely would be difficult for the exhausted male to keep up. "I've met this pride that mostly live in trees. THE TREES! Can you believe it!? Course they're leopards so I guess that makes sense. I'm trying to learn how to climb a tree so my zig-zig can't run up them to get away." Standing up she began to excitedly tap on her front feet in place, something to keep her body going as fast as her mind was at the moment. Ohhhh, I've also been past the mountains into this place that's hot. Like hotter than here but in a different way. It's really wet and sticky here, but there it was dry - booone dry! There was nothing around for miles at a time! Daddy freaked out when we were there cause we got stuck in this weird storm of sand and got lost. But we made it out a-okay." Leaning in a bit closer her voice dropped down to a near whisper for the next bit in her mad rambling. "You can't tell anyone else this, okay? But I've also met a forest guardian and his fairy and they showed me the most beautiful places in the forest. Including the entrance to the fairy kingdom! Couldn't go in though...too dangerous for me to see them they said."

Finally done the little cub seemed to have lost a great deal of energy from her rant. Panting she finally flopped back down, tiredly looking to him with a curious smile. "Okay, I told you where I've been. Now where have you been?!"

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:57 am
"I'll be truthful with you - none of us are gardeners." He admitted, leaning in a little bit as though he were telling her a secret, something he figured a talkative little sprite like herself would appreciate. "Flower.. arrangements?" Truth be told he hadn't heard of such a thing being done by any lion he came across and most certainly not the Stormoborn. Last thing they worried about were 'pretty' things such as flowers and how they were arranged. "I can promise you that we also don't deal in arrangements, not of the flower variety." He said, with a laugh.

"Well it's understandably frustrating that you aren't getting the same answer twice, but have you ever considered the possibility that all of the answers are right?" He peppered her with questions as quickly as he could rebuttal - trying to make her think outside of her norm. "Everyone knows what they need to know at this point and if you try real hard I bet you could piece together the true story, you may not even know you have it yet." He said smoothly avoiding her question with a question so that he could avoid getting into to many details all at once.

Pre-juice. Iloziya thought he was going to pee himself at the youngsters enthusiasm and words.

Then the rambling began, it seemed the little lioness truly had a thing for getting out and making the most of these trips - impressive. As she listed off where she had been he smiled and fondly recalled forests, as well as a desert on his journey towards his end goal. Neither place had held his interest for long enough. "Well, dear cub, your fairies and trees are all wonderful and good.." He started, leading into a fantastical idea of his own home as well as deciding to incorporate a little bit of a rumor he'd heard about, but one story at a time. "There is this pride, that is awake at night and sleeps during the day. They believe in an individual known as the Great Lion - he serves as their ultimate protector." He said, leaning in just as she had. "They are a peaceful pride with little quirks, they have slaves that are kept for their own safety and often times the prides members wear the moon on their pelt." He gushed about his home - at least the parts that he remembered fondly.

"There is also a rumor I heard." He said, in a whisper. "About a pride that sings, chants, and dances all day long." He smiled largely - figuring that this would be something that may get the youths attentions. "They do this to bring rain, new prey, and lush plant life as well as encouraging fertility amongst their members." Not that she knew about fertility just yet, but he wasn't going to reduce his story. "I hear they make the instruments themselves with the help of.. monkeys!" Iloziya gasped loudly to dramatize his words.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 am

"You aren't?!" Her ears drooped a bit at the new found realization. What a shame. Gardening was such a lovely pass time. Honestly she really thought that it would do all of them some good to get digging in the dirt. Let out all that pent up aggression they seemed to have with the soothing feeling of planting and tending your plants. "You should try it sometime then. Don't knock something until you've tried it at least once is what my daddy says!"

Sitting herself back down on her hind legs she nodded. "Yes! Well you guys aren't gardeners so I wouldn't think you'd know about them. But they are bigggg BIGGG." She gestured wildly with her front arms to show to scale just how huge in size she was talking about. "Flower piles that are carefully arranged to look very pretty. You can mix and match all kinds of plants and flowers to make the most beautiful designs! You can give them to people you really like and want to get married to, or just someone who's feeling sick, or just as a gift."

Her brows furrowed together, her mind working to process what the heck he was trying to get through. All answers being right? That just seemed just plain silly. Not every answer could be right because there were so many different answers! But maybe...pieces of them were right? "So it's like a mystery case I gotta solve? Fit the pieces together to make one story?" Urgh adults could be so difficult sometimes. Why couldn't they just come out and say what they were feeling or what was really going on!? It would have made the world a much simpler place in her opinion.

Lowering herself back down she rested her head on the tops of her front paws, her butt sticking up in the air as her tail swished excitedly back and forth. Her eyes twinkled with childish glee and excitement as he told his story. "Awake at night and sleeps during the day? Why do they do that? Wouldn't they not be able to see much then? I know I can't see much at night. Oh oh! Are they all blind? And because of that they just can't tell it's daytime? And who's the The Great Lion? Is he their king then?"

Her head rolled to one side as stopped to listen once more to his grand stories about different prides. Ohhh, a musical pride? Now that's actually something she's heard about before! "Monkeys!? No way!" Wait, didn't Huo and Shui do the same thing? So did her auntie sometimes? Perhaps it wasn't that strange after all! Well...actually now that I think about it I'd believe that. My best friends have monkey friends, or...well baboons but same thing. The baboons all live in the jungle around here." Wrinkling her nose she thought back to the pride she had in mind. Singing? Check. Praying? Check? Fer...ferwhathesaid. Check. Yeah, that seemed about right. "I think that pride is one of the places daddy didn't want to visit though. I dunno why because I personally really wanted to hear the singing and learn how to dance but he said no. Something about that I'd have to wait till I'm older to see stuff like that."

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Iloziya watched the anticipated look of disappointment move onto the youths face at such a discovery. "We aren't and it's like that we won't. You'll find that grown ups don't always follow their own rules - including your Daddy I'm sure." He said and wondered briefly if she'd question her Dad on this fact. It was a lesson most learned as they reached adulthood - though it's not realized until someone says the exact words his new friend said to him.

Golden eyes widened as the cubs arms began to flail about depicting the size of these gathered flowers. "Very interesting." He said and then just as he was about to ask why anyone would be so absurd as to gather the flowers he got his answer. "You take your learning very seriously." He said, smiling - this particular cub had taken education to a whole new level, one he could most certainly appreciate. He pondered how a possible Salt Wife would react to such a gift? "What kinds of colors would you pick out?" He asked curiously.

His eyes narrowed slightly, but he smiled. "Precisely." Ziya said, recalling that same scrunched up face when he had been a cub and dealing with the complicated situation his parents were part of. Though his Father had been forthcoming about his intentions and past - he hadn't hidden his meaning or truth, that was what got him killed in the end really and truly. "Just one big puzzle that you will be apart of as an adult - it's only now that you aren't able to see the whole picture. In due time you'll have clarity." He could almost promise that.

"Well you see, during the evening is when the moon is at it's fullest. The pride has a deep connection with the moon." As he spoke he shifted his hind legs and flopped ore to his side though he remained sitting up right. "They aren't all blind, though I can't recall if none of them were. Like I said, it is the connection to the moon that encourages them to awaken in the evening when you or I may be asleep. Now, the Great Lion.. he is a wonderful being that they believe in. The Great Lion has the power to bestow upon them good fortune or poor fortune dependent upon how the lions of the pride behave." The fondness in his voice was growing as he spoke. "So if you aren't a good little lioness you may be frowned upon by the Great Lion and considered unfortunate." He smiled. "But, you're a good little cub, right?"

"Ah yes, the monkeys!" He proclaimed. "Is that so, Baboons you say?" He said, imagining a working line of baboons creating items for lions what could they possibly exchange in wares? He admired the use of their surroundings though. "Well if I recall correctly they had seen some tough times just recently, a flood? So I don't imagine it'd be truly safe just yet, plenty of tidying up I'd presume. So your Dad is probably right." He agreed with a nod.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:15 am

She let out a quiet 'hmm' under her breath. That would be something she would have to ask her father point blank on whenever he got back from his hunting trip. She didn't like the thought of him lying to her, not one bit. Her mother - her actual mother - had weaved so many lies throughout the short time Yukio spent with her that even now she had a hard time figuring out truth from lie. If you had something you thought she wouldn't have liked to hear Yukio preferred you just give her the truth rather than bullshit or sugar coat things.

"Of course, why wouldn't I? This world is a wonderful, strange, and unexpected place. And I want to know all of it!" It also didn't help that when she was first taken in by her father she was severely behind on even basic life lessons. That was the driving force behind his decision to travel so much with her he wanted to ensure she got the best education possible and was set up for the harsh reality of adulthood. "What colors would I choose? Well....I like bright colors. Blues, purples, yellows, pinks. But it's not about what you or me like, it's what the person you're gifting to likes! Gotta figure out their favorite colors and try to get flowers to match! That is the key to a successful arrangement."

She couldn't help but pout at his words. But she wanted to know now, dang it! Being left out of the loop was absolutely infuriating to the young cub. She hadn't yet learned about choosing her battles and knowing what was the right time to back away from an issue To her finding out the truth was a challenge, the fact that no one was willing to share the details fueled her drive even more. "But all the fun will be out of it when I'm an adult. You guys are so boring and grim about news, always looking at the bad side of things instead of good. Plus that's soooo far away! I could piece together hundreds of stories in that time!"

Sighing she resigned herself to the fact that the male wouldn't be the key in cracking the mystery. At the very least he was fun to play around with and had great stories to share. So this whole thing wasn't a total bust!

"What about the times when the moon is gone? That's a scary time even for us here. Is the Great Lion sleeping then or something?" Pursing her lips she glanced down at herself before splaying her legs out behind her, trying to mimic his stance. Though she looked more like she was attempting to do a split with her back legs than the regal position Ziya was in.

Huh this 'White Lion' sounded like a interesting person! She had to wonder if any of the pride members he was speaking about had ever met him like the beach bums often did with gods here, or if he was a more reserved deity. With a sharp gasp her eyes widened. "Yesyes! I'm good, I swear it! Cross my heart double dare swear on it!" 'Good' was something that could easily be argued about given her recent misbehavior during the Hlare's call with her little friends. But at the very least she believed she was a pretty good kid, just one that was completely wild.

"Oh my gosh that's so sad. I'll have to ask daddy next time we're out if we can go help them!" Completely ignoring the fact that said pride might not want the help, or that it might be too dangerous. She gave a sure-fire little nod, confirming her desire to go lend a helping paw. God help her father if she caught wind that they were near the pride! She was more than likely to go barreling off with or without his permission to assist in the relief effort.

One of these days her kindness would come back and bite her in the arse.

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:14 am
"Learning is very very important." Iloziya said, trying to stress the importance of learning - though she seemed to get it. "It's good to have an open mind about other cultures, you never know what toes you might step on when you go somewhere - knowledge is power."

"Bright colors hm?" No, no that wouldn't do.. His thoughts were automatically driven by the conversation and he immediately lost himself to thoughts of gathering flowers - how unStormborn-y. Fortunately his thoughts were private and he didn't need to share them. "So it's the lioness that ought to choose? Or are they meant to be a surprise?" He wondered if they were just left at a den entrance? Perhaps they weren't and he was being foolish to even think any further on the matter. He should know better than to get anymore creative, but he couldn't help it - deep down he really did enjoy the antics from Naima, though he wondered if there would ever be a day that she'd think he wasn't gay? Or had that day already come. Iloziya was bit by a sudden reality, one he hadn't anticipated and figured he would have to likely deal with when he got home.

Now was the time to make himself large and that he did - Ziya rose up from his laying position, slowly, but surely he sat up and stretched ever so slightly. Now the lion was towering over the small cub and staring down at her, in his shadow, with stern golden eyes. "Yukio." He said her name briefly, this wasn't his cub, in fact where had she come from? Not that he had any cubs, though his nerves began to vibrate and lead him towards losing his cool, instead he decided to focus. "Adults have to worry about many more things then cubs - we each have our job in life. As a cub your job is to learn, have fun and meet other cubs. By doing so you're developing skills you'll need later on. As adults we should have already learned those skills, for the most part, and now we have much larger problems we are faced with." He grew grim, just as she had described. "Once you become an adult, even an adolescent for that matter, you'll begin to see that what we are worrying about as adults is no place for a youthful mind to wander." Little did Ziya know there was plenty to the story that even he didn't know.

"Yes, the Great Lion is dormant, or asleep during times without the moon. We don't fear though and often spend more time at home where it is considered safest for our people." Their people. Damn it Iloziya. He thought to himself in a scolding manner.

His thoughts were quickly forgotten as the cub boasted about her good behavior. Iloziya recalled her during the Hlares meeting and those other little cubs that he'd discovered belonged to the King himself. Surely she was kidding when she said she'd been good and yet cubs would be cubs. Heck he wasn't even sure that the Great Lions reach came this far, of course the moon was still there every night, but perhaps he just didn't care? "I'm sure you've been a very good cub."

"Now, now - you have to remember your limitations." He said, with a smile though, all things considering she had a heart of gold. "Though you may want to help you may not be able to provide them with the help they need. That kind of help is given by adults." Was he sure he didn't want cubs? He thought about the 'doom twins' again and their 'ring leader' that sat before him - nope, probably not.

Pollack

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm

"Agreed! I dunno why some people say they don't like like to learn, it can be fun and rewarding!" Nodding her head she silently agreed with his last statement. Having an open mind, a kind heart, and a level temper are all the key strengths she strives to achieve, drawing heavy inspiration from the people who were raising her.

"Well you don't outright ask her, 'Hey what flowers do you want?' but you do want to fit her own wants. I may like bright colors but she might not. So giving her something I'd like for example would just turn her away! I've seen lots of guys start off dates by giving their girlfriend flowers, most of them seemed happy with the thought at least." Yukio was something of a romantic at heart, she found the whole courting process that she'd watched adults go through time and time again gross yet strangely adorable and entertaining. It played out like a real life play drama that she often found herself watching from a distance.

Course her ideas of a 'proper romance' were shrewd and greatly over romanticized. She wouldn't get to learn about that aspect of life properly until she was much later in her years.

Her ears pinned against the sides of her head as she looked up at him with a mild fear at his change in demeanor. Oh no, he was using the super serious adult talk tone. What did she do!? She didn't think she had caused trouble! Asides the trouble of her sticking around to bug the exhausted male, of course.

Her head lowered, her small tuff of hair shadowing over her eyes. Her own expression mimicked his grim speech. Honestly she could...see where he was coming from. Being in this happy-go-lucky environment was causing her to lose sight of her initial ecstasy when she was adopted to finally being able to just relax and enjoy life as it came. To be the cub that she hadn't been able to be before. No pain, no visions, no mother who was too depressed to feed herself let alone a litter. Just loving support, good friends, and childish joy.

He had unknowingly given the child a large reality check, one to remind her just where she had been and how far she'd come. It might not have been the kindest thing in the world but it was what she needed at this time.

"Yeah....I get what you're saying. Some stuff is better left to the adults to worry about. Like my daddy says, I'll have plenty of time to stress and go gray from things like that soon enough." Her shoulders slumped as she let out a quiet sigh. She still had a strong desire to know what was going on, that would probably never go away with her inquisitive nature. But she could respect where the boundaries lay and the fact that she was trying to cross into something she just wasn't prepared for yet.

With her winds effectively knocked right out of her sails in one swoop the white cub lifted herself back up once he was done with his story that she halfheartedly listened in on. Though it might not be the juicy gossip she was hoping for Ziya had certainly given the little girl plenty of food for thought. "I think it's 'bout time I leave you to nap. Thank you for answering my questions mister..." Pausing she frowned, realizing that she had never caught the man's name throughout all of this. Oh well, it was too late for introductions now! Though it did bring up the question on to where he had learned her name from. "What's-your-face." That'll do, Yukio. That'll do. "I had fun. I guess my auntie Ume was right after all, you Stormborn can be fun to hang around with!"

Yukio left him with a bright smile and a quick wave. As she past by him she stopped in her tracks to hop up into her back legs, rubbing the top of her head against the underside of his chin. With that she bounded off back into the direction of the jungles, eager to go tell her guardians the eventful afternoon she had.

Abominable Greenie
Fin unless you want to make one last post. =P

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces