[PRP] First Impressions (Vash x Dolmar) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:33 pm
What had seemed like an easy enough task to put a brave face on for, coming to the Weyr and leaving her cothold and the ever present eye of her Aunt, Vash was having a seriously hard time maintaining that bravery. Especially when she was ushered to the Candidate Barracks. Whatever she'd been expecting, this definitely wasn't it. And the redhead didn't quite know what to think. Her first night had been hard, worrying about all the others sleeping in the same area as she. The second night had been a little bit easier. And by the third night, she felt relatively comfortable with those around her.

Except she had yet to actually speak with anyone. It wasn't out of fear or anything of the like. More so that she was still taking it all in.

Okay, to be fair, she'd said basic greetings and introduced herself to a few people. But prolonged conversation had yet to occur.

An indignant squawk startled Vash as she blinked down into her lap. A brown firelizard, on the larger side of his kind, nipped at her fingers where they poked him with her stylus. Fravashi hissed at it, snorted up at her, then went back to watching everything around them. They were situated outside, enjoying the rays of sunlight bearing down while Vash attempted to practice her writing skills. Thank Faranth that Fravashi had yet to embarrass her here.

ShinosBee
I hope this is an okay start ;u; <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 am
Half-Mark was not impressed. Or as much as a firelizard could understand the concept of being unimpressed, he certainly was it. His feelings were also not particularly indicative of Fravashi on the whole either, as the little male had yet to find himself approving of or even middling in opinion on any other firelizard. At the moment the smaller, younger, darker brown was perched on one of the many ridges of the weyr, up above the candidate and her pet, staring down. At first he'd thought that the girl had Food, for what else could prompt a firelizard to try to bite and snatch at something of their person's? And then he'd realized it was Not Food. And that he must be alone among firelizards as having some level of dignity.

Of course, on the other side of the invisible bond of reptile and man, Dolmar had found himself growing more and more irritable, and a bit hungry, for no real reason at all. Their bond had grown over the sevendays to the point where the feeling of foreign emotions rattling about in his skull no longer were jarring, and he'd begun to occasionally be unable to determine where his feelings ended and the lizard's began. Another surge of dismissal came sweeping through, and the young man sighed to himself, winding up the small scroll he'd been writing on, and setting out to find whatever'd gotten his brown's attention. If only the firelizard was a dragon, able to speak with words and clear images. One day, one day.

He strode out of the weyr proper, head turning and eyes swivling around to pinpoint the near-black shape of his firelizard...aha. There, beneath him, another candidate (he recognized her, and thought perhaps he'd heard her name, but they'd not spoken before...another newcomer, and really, when were they going to stop trying to jam more beds into the candidate barracks? The next hatching couldn't come quickly enough, if only to thin the ranks...) with her own firelizard on hand.

If this whole fuss was because Half-Mark had planned to steal some food, Dolmar was not going to be impressed.

Kyrieko
It's all good! Sorry it took me so long to getcha back! heart

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:01 pm
The other firelizard hadn't been noticed at first, the larger brown being quite content to doze in his bonded person's lap. Until he was poked one too many times with the Scratchy Thing his person scratched strange things onto Thing Flimsy thing with. His concept of 'writing utensils' was not very strong. But now that he was awake, Fravashi canted his head to peer above his person. The other lizard didn't seem like an immediate threat, but there was a little huffing and a soft growl that clearly said His Person not anyone elses.

For her part, Vash was oblivious to the other lizard. She was still puzzling over one of the words she was trying to write out. Not for the first time, a small part of her wished that Aunt Alanya had taken more time to teach her how to write! But, she didn't blame her Aunt. There had been more need for her to help with the baking and cooking.

The arrival of someone behind her went unnoticed at first, until Fravashi was clambering out of her lap to crawl up and sit on her shoulders, neck weaving from side to side as he took in the new person. Vash sighed and gently rolled up the stylus and sheaf of parchment she'd been working on. Glancing over her shoulder to see what had caught Fravashi's attention, the redhead blinked in surprise. Oh!

"Hello!" She called cheerfully, getting to her feet and dusting off her pants to face the young man more easily. She was pretty sure she'd seen him before, but wasn't familiar with his name.

ShinosBee
No worries at all! <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am
Half-Mark watched the posturing elder brown with intense condescension. As if he would want anything (beyond food-related issues) with this Not His Person, ha! His Person was much, much better, after all. He trilled a short note down at the larger brown, then snapped his head about to peer where Dolmar had come striding towards them. Now that was a Person worth staking a claim on!

Dolmar flicked a glance at Half-Mark, and at the gesture or the thought that went with it, the near-black brown took flight from his perch, gliding elegantly down to alight on the boy's shoulder. His long slim tail wound about the young man's neck, and he fixed radiantly green-blue eyes on the girl and her lizard, chest puffed and wings folded just so.

"Indeed," Dolmar cocked his head to the side for just a moment—not a nod of the head, but similar, a jut of the chin that was a bit less formal (and perhaps a bit less respectful, if one cared to think about it) but welcoming all the same. "My apologies for disturbing you. This little...miscreant," And here Half-Mark made a rather wounded-sounding peep, nuzzling against Dolmar's jaw apologetically, "...of mine was feeling irritable enough that I thought it best to come head him off from making even more of a nuisance of himself." A beat, just long enough to almost be awkward, and he thrust out a hand towards the other candidate.

"Dolmar. My apologies, I'm fairly sure we've not officially met."

Kyrieko

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:48 pm
The chocolaty brown clearly disagreed with the assumption that anyone was better than His person. But Fravashi merely snorted at the younger brown, deciding that so long as he stayed Up There and not By His Person, he wasn't worth the trouble. That didn't mean he completely ignored the other lizard! Just simply regarded him with boredom. However, the New Person that wasn't His got more attention.

For her part, Vash didn't seem at all bothered by the other brown lizard. Or the not quite so formal greeting. She just smiled. Which got a little bigger - and maybe a little knowing - when the boy explained about coming to see what had his lizard feeling irritable. Now that she completely understood. And a small laugh bubbled out of her.

"Please, there's no need to apologize!" She said with meaning. "I know a thing or two about a lizard acting the nuisance." This was said with a small tug on the brown tail that was wrapped lightly around her upper arm. Fravashi gave a small, slightly indignant squawk before making soft chirping noises that may have been grumbling. Vash only smiled at her firelizard.

The hand that was thrust out was grasped in a surprisingly firm handshake for the petite girl. "Dolmar. I'm Vash. And it's nice to meet you, officially."

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:06 am
Well well! It always came as a truly enjoyable surprise when someone turned up with a sense of proper manners and nicities. After the courtesan hall the weyrfolk had seemed terribly uncouth in some ways, nearly barbaric. He shook eagerly, her grip catching him off guard for only a split second before he increased his own to match. He'd been trained for just this sort of thing, after all, and would be a shame to his hall if he didn't at least remember to use it now and then.

"I'm afraid the pleasure is all mine," he smiled, and Half-Mark chirruped a beat later, giving a slow bob of his head and extending a wing in a sort of handshake-like gesture. Dolmar huffed at the brown's antics, but couldn't resist feeling a bit of pride. "Oh, he's gone and found his manners now, hasn't he? He knows I don't much care for him stealing trinkets and food from others, but I'm certain that was his plan. Are they gluttons all their lives, or am I just particulalrly Faranth-blessed in this case?"

He was fairly certain it was just the way of all firelizards, but he was in the rare mood to actually spend time being social, now that he found himself here. An unusually good mood, indeed.

Kyrieko

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:07 pm
She was surprised at the increase in the handshake to match her own, but the smile she directed at the young man was genuine. Of course she'd been taught from a young age how to be polite and mannerly! It wouldn't do very well to be rude to customers that came about or traders looking for baked goods. Her hand returned to her side afterwards, though the other remained lightly holding the tail of Fravashi, tail curled around her fingers too.

A small laugh escaped as she watched the other brown lizard. "My, my! I wish a certain other lizard could be so mannerly. But alas, I'm just satisfied if he's not attacking anything... or anyone. He's a bit protective, the silly beast." All this was said with a tenderness that showed the candidate dearly did love her firelizard. "Ah, yes food." Vash gave Dolmar a mildly grave look. "I'm afraid they shall always think with their stomachs." She paused before her face lit up in a smile again. "But the good news is, they'll do just about anything for it... including being trained not to beg or steal said food!"

She glanced at the brown on her shoulder. "This one was terrible as a hatchling! He would boldly walk to a table and take whatever pleased him. I've managed to train him to at least 'ask' before taking." Which meant he didn't take food all the time.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:25 pm
Her politeness back served only to further brighten the shine Dolmar found himself taking to the other candidate. How terribly wonderful to find someone that didn't make him want to leave himself out for thread. His hands folded neatly behind the small off his back, together, once they'd shook, every inch of him standing as proud and proper as any lord holder's son. Not that he was one, but he had the stance for it all the same.

"I'd the luck of the clutch with this one, yes. Came strutting from his eggshell proud and puffy as can be, and it's made it easier in some ways, and harder in others. He thinks he's terribly smart, so he's a challenge, but he doesn't much care to look foolish. He...mostly contains himself." Or made a horrible mess of things; it was never middling with Half-Mark, always perfect or atrocious. He tsked in mock disappointment at the idea they'd be stomach-led all their lives, reaching up to gently tap the brown's own belly. "I suppose that's true. I'm angling to train him to carry messages, so food will certainly be a useful reward for that."

"Was yours shelled nearby? I'd wondered how they took it if they were taken from their home ranges. Obviously bound to people, I'd imagine they'd do well enough, but I'm curious if he's ever 'felt'...still drawn to the wild ones around." He'd hate to lose his brown to a wild fair, now that he was used to his company. Perhaps feeling his possessiveness, Half-Mark made an indignant noise and twisted his tail a bit tighter around his person.

Kyrieko

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:02 pm
She was slightly amused in the change way the other candidate seemed to change, as if he'd made up his mind on what to think of her and wasn't quite so... aloof. Now, she could only describe him as possibly a proper - and maybe proud - gentleman. Which was actually quite nice having someone like Dolmar to chat with. He didn't seem to be of the weyr either. Or if he was, he didn't seem to act like it.

Vash glanced at Half-Mark. "Sadly, I was not quite so lucky with Fravashi, here. He sort of... exploded out of his shell, a mess of wings and limbs. And hungry." He'd been such a funny sight to see! She'd instantly fallen in love with the brown lizard.

She nodded her agreement. "Might help if you could find that one food he seems to really like." Vash tilted her head slightly at the brown lizard on her shoulder. "While he certainly enjoys all food, I've found he especially likes sweet things." Of course she would be stuck with the firelizard that enjoyed sweet treats. Vash flashed a sheepish look at Dolmar. "Try to keep the pies away from this one."

Shaking her head in response to his question, her brows knitted. "I'm... not actually sure. I think he must have been? My Aunt acquired his egg from a trader, though." She thought for a moment, if there had been any times Fravashi had seemed 'drawn' towards the wild ones. And then shook her head, a smile forming. "The only interaction's I've seen him have with wild ones... is to growl and threaten them if they got too curious about me. I've never felt like he was going to leave either."

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:03 am
"Pies? Really? How interesting!" Dolmar didn't seem at all to be feigning his interest in the idea that their firelizards might care for anything but meats. He hadn't thought on it, had presumed they were the type to spurn all else but meat. Apparently he still had some things to learn! He took a step closer, head canting just alightly to better regard the little 'Fravashi' as if hos appearance alone could tell him why he didn't fit Dolmar's previously ascribed notions of what a firelizard was and did and thought.

"And that's good to know. I've grown rather attached to him, it seems. Moreover, I suspect he'll be haughty enough to try to chase a gold or two once he's grown, and I'd hate to lose him to a queen, if not an entire fair." Half-Mark chirped in his ear, as if to say 'yes I will be flying golds, can't you tellcfrom how wonderful and glorious I am?' The feeling of egotistical certainty was there if nothing else. Ironically it was much similar to how Dolmar himself felt most days, and was essentially unrecognizable from his usual internal state of feeling.

On a whim, and perhaps feeling a share of the positive emotions from his brown, Dolmar extended a hand towards the young woman. "Would you at all care to join me for lunch? I'm certain these two would not complain, and I'd be glad of your company." She'd been entirely lovely to talk with so far, informative and bright. It felt like he was speking to another adult for a change--on the whole he found the other candidates in his age bracket to be immature and intolerable.

For now she seemed to be one of perhaps three exceptions.

Kyrieko

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm
Vash nodded. "Pies, yes! Well, I mean, I can't vouch for all lizards. But Fravashi has a sweet tooth." She grinned a little. "It probably didn't help that I helped my Aunt at our little baker crafthall either." Really, it was too much to expect a curious firelizard hatchling not to stick his nose into the pies. Or some of the other baked goods. "But he still enjoys meat. And I've caught him attempting to hunt a small tunnelsnake before... " Or maybe the more accurate description was, hissing and raising a huge fuss.

The redhead considered Dolmar's words, giving her own brown lizard a curious look. "Y'know, I have to admit... I've never seen Fravashi try to chase a Gold or a Green." Truthfully, she wasn't sure if any had risen around him before. But he didn't seem all that interested in other lizards. Except to make sure they didn't steal what he considered 'his'. Like his person. "I'm no expert on firelizard's by any means, but I have to have some faith that the stronger you bond with them, the less likely that fear will come true?" She offered the young man with a smile.

She glanced between the young man and his lizard, before looking at the hand offered to her. A sweet smile graced her lips. "I would be delighted to join you!" She gave Fravashi's tail another playful tug before extending her own hand. "Thank you for the offer. Maybe, if you'd like, I can share how I've raised Fravashi so far? See if anything might be of assistance to you?" It was the least she could to! And, it was kind of nice to make a friend here. Of course she'd be happy sharing any little tips and tricks that had been helpful to her!

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 am
Dolmar just shook his head ever so slightly. "It seems, perhaps, that firelizards come in as many varieties as people do, all colors and sizes aside. Chasing, not chasing, mannered, wild, what they like to eat. I wonder if who they bond to has anything to do with it. Not exactly shared preferences, but if the constant exposure to another mind alters them somewhat...Something to think about." He gave a one-shouldered shrug, letting the potential cascade of thoughts slough off for the sake of giving his attention to this new charming friend, rather than more pensive wonderings.

"I'd like that very much, actually. I'd be happy to spend the afternoon bending your more experienced ear, if you've the time to spare for it." He took her hand in his, ever the gentleman (or rather, as often as he liked to be one) and turned for the doorway back towards the main of the weyr. He briefly debated the thought of trying to pull her a bit closer, offering her his arm. Did that send more of a message than a held hand? It was certainly more mannered, if nothing else. Of course, it seemed a bit awkward and childish to hold hands, or else layered with more meaning than he was intending to impart to the gesture...so perhaps moving her to his arm would work better. Yes; it was certainly a bit more formal and prim, but the alternatives were to continue to hold her hand, or to let it drop now that he'd taken it. Neither seemed entirely appealing. Dropping it seemed right-out rude.

"I'm certain we could even get your Fravashi a pie. A trade for your information, even, if you'd rather think of it that way instead of as spoiling him needlessly." He applied gentle pressure to her hand, guiding it to the crook of his arm. Half-Mark twisted around to face the side she was on, eyes whirling green-blue content, but also curious. People were so funny, the brown was probably thinking. And partially he was determined to keep an eye on the other brown. So far so good, and it was one thing to share his person with another person...but not with another firelizard. No thank you.

Kyrieko

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Vash had a thoughtful look about her. What he said was definitely something that could be the case. And from the different firelizards she'd met, at the very least, they certainly all seemed to differ in personality. Some did seem to acquire aspects of their owners. Others were just... defiant. And others still seemed to be very stoic and hard to read. But it was an interesting concept to think about.

She gave a small laugh. "I don't think you'll have to bend it too much. I'm more than happy to share what I've witnessed myself. And what my, albeit still limited, experience has shown me." It didn't really seem to bother the redhead too much if he held her hand or not. He was the one leading the way, and she was following. Though she didn't try to remove her hand nor did she feel awkward about it. However, the lizard on her shoulder was quite interested in this new action.

Fravashi perked up and snaked his head around to blink down at the humans hands. He wasn't quite sure if he liked the Other Human so close. But what were they doing with their hands?! Was there food hidden there? Wait. Pie. He heard pie.

"That is definitely a fair possibility- Fravashi!" She swatted at the larger lizard until he settled back on her shoulder. He'd definitely been searching for the aforementioned 'pie', trying to climb around and then down towards Dolmar's arm. "Ah, you certainly said the magic word for this one." Vash laughed, hand gently holding on to the crook of his arm. "Maybe we can experiment a little and see what Half-Mark might like to work for, as far as treats go?" She offered.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:42 pm
Half-Mark was of a similar mind as Fravashi about whatever arrangement His Person had come to with that person. Of course to him the word 'pie' meant nothing, but seeing another firelizard crawl down towards His Person's arm made him trill sharply, a crisp warning if ever there were one. Still, Dolmar seemed unbothered, the motion of offering his arm uninterrupted and smooth as always. He'd literally practiced the movement for hours, so he'd certainly hope it stayed as perfect as he'd aimed it to be.

"Well, he must be intelligent then, if he's learned a word like that," He cocked a manicured brow at the lizard's antics. "Half-Mark is partial to seafood, so far. I gave him a spiderclaw-puff when he hatched, and he's been indulgent ever since, though he accepts other meats as readily if there's none on offer. He seems as keen to learn and serve as any I've seen—to my luck and benefit."

He led her on towards the dining halls, opening any and all doors before she had the chance, but in a way that he strove to make seem natural and effortless. The hall used benches, mostly, so there was no pulling out of a chair for her, but he let her choose the sitting place, as she'd agreed to give him information and company in turn. "Tell me what you'd like and I shall fetch it." There was a selection of standard fare at the table already, of course. "I mean to grab a few other things as well, to see if we can discern his choice, so if there's something beyond this you'd care for, Vash?"

Kyrieko

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:27 am
There was an annoyed hiss directed towards the younger brown lizard as Fravashi moved to resettle himself on his persons shoulder. He watched the other lizard, unimpressed, as his tail wrapped around Vash's arm lightly once again. The other person wasn't hurting her and there was mention of pies!

Quite used to her own lizards antics, Vash wasn't bothered in the slightest by either of the firelizards. She let her hand rest gently along Dolmar's arm, a small smile curling her lips at the rather gentlemanly gesture. It wasn't anything she was really used to, but there had been occasions when the male patrons that came to the bakers crafthall would offer an arm to the ladies.

"Seafood, huh?" Had she ever given Fravashi any seafood before? It was possible, but she couldn't quite remember. "That would probably be a good starting point then." She admitted, the faintest bit of pink entering her cheeks as doors were opened for her. But she didn't let any of it falter her words. "We could certainly experiment with other foods, but since you know one food in particular he likes, I'd definitely start with that. Just a little extra for good behavior or doing something you wanted that has nothing to do with actual mealtimes."

She gracefully slid onto the bench and blinked a little in surprise at having someone offer to fetch food for her. "Truthfully, bread and cheese if they have it out would be perfect. And a small piece of fruit to see if the lizards like it." She eyed Fravashi. "Well, to see if Half-Mark likes it anyways!"

ShinosBee
heart

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas