❅ ✦ Yunan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Lines by Scarlett Arbuckle, Color by Elyessi)

Inventory

Weapons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Simple Sword

Items
None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:24 am
Directory

Directory / Updates
Yunan
History
Relations
RP & Plots
Inventory
Growth

Updates

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:05 pm
User ImageName: Yunan
Stage: Prentice
Race: Water x Ice
Appearance Tall with lean muscle and noble features.
Base Traits: Aloof, Studious, Vain
Personality: Yunan seems to be a very anti-social man and in truth - he is. He's the type that while growing up would much rather explore on his own than go join the gaggle of children playing with the tides along the beach. Many would wonder if the boy was just shy, but as they get to know him they'll find that he just has a cool attitude towards life. Rarely ever does he seem to become too heated or attached to something and while it may worry others about how to tell what's truly in his heart it does mean the boy is a good negotiator. His poker face for lying is the best and he also has the type of mind that can easily resolve an issue without letting emotions rule his actions. On the downside if Yunan ever did find himself overwhelmed or struck by an emotion he treats it as a strange thing and perhaps at first -when he grows older and finds something truly of value or interest to stir his heart- the hybrid may be a bit selfish almost like a child in claiming it for himself.

Because he was such a loner, Yunan found himself attracted to books and studying. Anything that could be observed would be observed - even if it was simply watching the rise and fall of the tides. For him life is like a strategy game and in order to play your pieces well you must be informed. It may make him appear a bit sterner than intended at times as he will become quite serious when learning something new. He also is not beyond pushing his body over and over to learn new skills as well. For those seeking help or advice he would be a good ally to have (if you can get past his prickly exterior).

While being a bit more aloof than others and along with having knowledge from being such a studious spirit Yunan may indeed possess a bit of vanity. He believes that he can become the best as long as he pushes himself and more often than not he will look down on others. He finds many less like companions and much more like pieces to be moved according to his whim. One day he feels that he will achieve some great success or power and he must be prepared for it. Spending time playing around with others would only be a waste of his precious time and hinder his studies - unless of course he's simply spending time with others in order to gain knowledge or something else.

Notes:
-He doesn't sleep too often now that he's older save for a few necessary hours at night. He much prefers to continue reading under candle light or walking along the beach so that he could study the stars.

-He actually can sing quite well as his mother did but no one ever gets to hear it save for the waves.

-He feels like being back in Matori is like like allowing his mother to watch over him, in a way the rolling ocean waves are like her spirit reaching out to say hello on occasion.

-He tries to be mature, but even now he still has a bit of a child in his heart (or his mother's spirit for dreaming) and does enjoy stories.

-Also goes by Yu to those close enough.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:06 pm
❋❅History❅❋

Yunan's parents met during the Oban war. Lyrias had been a slave to an Oban noble with dreams of a much bigger and brighter future. Her gaze they said was always like looking into the sunrise of a new day. It was brimming with so much light and love for the world that one simply couldn't look away. Separated from any family long ago the girl had no true roots to hold her into place and so day after day of tending to her mistress, of fetching supplies from market, of preparing meals, of combing the Oban's hair, and preparing her bed for the night the woman continued to dream.

She dreamed of a better future where one could roam freely and be whatever they wished.

It was silly and often she would be scolded by other slaves for such fantasies, but then one day her dreams shifted into reality. Tales of Besian and Frey leading rebels against Oba began to filter into the market. Many were punished for spreading such rumors - that the Oban Army was going to be defeated and that the Matori would be released by these strangers - but it was too late. Lyrias had heard enough. So in the dead of the night the young woman darted out of her master's mansion and across the sands.

It was then that she learned to fight with a bow. And it was there that she met him - Kynon. A ice warrior who had pledged to fight with Freya and the rebels. At first Lyrias had found him to be a bit stiff, but as they bonded together by training for battle and by protecting each other in battle a slow bud of romance began to form. In the evenings after a long day Lyrias would entertain him with songs and dances that she had learned from Oba and other slaves while he would tell her about the snows of Zena and how the mountains seemingly kissed the skies.

And eventually they would talk the nights away until they both woke up in the mornings with their fingers laced tightly together.

------------Kynon's Perspective---------------

"Kynon was raised in a more noble household of warriors. As the second son he had a bit more freedom to roam than his older brother, but he was still dedicated to the arts of fighting - hence why he became a sentinel. He had trained his body and mind to be firm and cool as ice so as not to lose himself in the heat of battle. He has the mind of a strategist for the most part and prefers to see battles as more of a puzzle - mostly he thinks about where can he strike next, what area does his opponent seem weak in, how the rest of the battle is shaping around him, and etc.

What he did not prepare himself for was the bubbly, light filled Matori woman who would find his stoic persona a challenge to overcome. At first he found her rather annoying and tried to push her off a bit. She was a Matori that was definitely not worth his time. Even if they were on the same side it did not mean that he had to spend time with her unless absolutely necessary. He had much better things to prepare for than keeping up with a strange woman, no matter how enticing her laughter was as it rolled across their encampment.

Originally it worked, but the man was not heartless and when she was in trouble he did have the habit of coming to her aid - despite race they were comrades in war after all. And it was the first time that Lyrias reached up to take his hand, after falling during training together, she realized that he was rather handsome. From then on the Matori woman sought him out and made certain that he would notice her. It turned out that despite his own stubborn pride her determination and energetic ways were far too much of a match.

First it started by her volunteering to bring food and water to those training - obviously during the time he was actively in the arena. So thus began her presence in his daily life as they brushed across each other while training and working. Eventually she began asking him to help train her in the way of battle so that she could be a better assist to the cause, then she began to slip into asking him more about his own fighting techniques and how he had learned them, to just asking simpler questions until he had gotten accustomed to her being there in the evenings with him to just simply talk of things. Her tender expressions and playful nature eventually got to him as well - he had never gotten much of a chance to be a dreamer himself and that stirred him. The vision that Lyrias had of the world as a peaceful place full of possibilities for all regardless of race seemed so much better than the icy realm he had been raised in. And the ocean the way she described it with her gaze sparkling well it rather caught his attention as well as her lips. The more she persisted in staying around him the more his guard slipped until it got to the point that if she wasn't nearby at a certain time he would be the one to seek her out."

And thus began their evenings spent together and the budding romance -

When the battles were over and Matori was free again the two of them wed. It had been a hard decision for Kynon at first, but then again the idea of leaving behind the woman who had taught him joy again was far more torture than the judgement of his own kind. So he stayed and settled down in Matori where they both could experience her homeland for the first time together. A couple of years passed and along with it came the birth of a little one - Yunan.

Lyrias treasured her son as a token of their love, "Look he has your proud nose and your judging eyes." She would tease lightly as she held their youngling for the first time.

"Are you certain? I think he reflects his mother's tender smile the best."
For the next year after they were truly blessed and happy. But happiness only lasts so long. When the extremists rose to fight both parents refused to deny their warrior blood. Yunan was left with a close family friend in Matori and together, hand in hand, his parents ventured off to fight against the threat to their peaceful world.

However, only one came back.

Lyrias had sacrificed her life to save her beloved's and in the heat of battle Kynon could only watch as the Matori fell. Those watching that day say that his loss fueled his blades and he cleared a whole line of extremists in his pain.But whatever the truth one thing was truly noted - the man was absolutely heartbroken.

At first when he returned he came to take Yunan back to Zena. He needed to recover and to get away from the waves which taunted him with memories. For a few years they lived together, father and son, in a quiet place. His father would leave Yunan with piles of books to entertain himself while going out on his own ventures. Then when he came back in the evenings he would ask the boy what he had learned and they would eat dinner together before going to bed. Some nights Yunan would find his father crying in his sleep and the boy would crawl over and slip in the furs so that he could hold the warrior in place of the woman that they both had lost.

Seasons passed but memories continued to linger. Eventually his father gave up on hiding from his love and instead the man shifted them back towards Matori where he felt that Yunan could live more freely than in the stiff region of Zena. Yet even then the boy opted to stay with the books that he had learned to cherish rather than playing. Even though he had been but a youngling there was something that felt strange about running through the beach with others his age. Not that many would since he was often made fun of for being such a strange creature, but Yunan kept his head held high. His logic was that they were just jealous of him and any bullies could quickly be outwitted by the boy who loved to use logic to spin minds around. Of course sometimes this meant a black eye for the boy, but even he eventually learned how to use his own fists or to dodge in turn.

Currently, he's just settling into his life back in Matori while his father flickers in and out of his life on missions to earn coin for their family. When he isn't with his father he is with Maloni - his mother's friend who had watched him during war times. And Yunan is content with that. His silent friendship with his father as they watch the waves crashing against the rocks and keeping his bubbly 'aunt' on track while helping to figure out her small trading business is enough to satisfy him for now. Though there are days when he glances up at the skies and wonders what could be next. After all he is someone who feels as if there is more out there for him, but he is also a patient boy. When the time comes he feels that he will know exactly when and how to act.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:07 pm
Relations

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:54 pm
RPS & Battles

Apprentice

[Meeting Kyril]

[Meeting Koril]

[Meeting Sezarra]

[Fishing w/ Sezarra]

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 am
Inventory

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:08 am
Growth

Prentice Growth Form

Character Name:Yunan
Class Promotion: [Swordsman (Sentinal) ]
Current Location: Matori
Journal: [x]
RP Growth Point Links: 25/25
[Meeting Kyril]
[Meeting Koril]
[Meeting Sezarra]
[Fishing w/ Sezarra]

Class Affinity/Choice Solo: [Affinity]
Class Quest Solo: [X]
Items:

Change of Clothes x 2, Traveler's Scarf / Dancer's Ribbon (for the sash), Hair Ornament (if his headpiece gets altered, CC) fetish x 4 (for any decor on his clothing) Sewing Kit x2, Piercing Kit (earrings), Necklace / Metal Bands x 4 (for a choker and some arm pieces, CC).

For an outfit that similar to this one (just not with baggy pants) - [Outfit Main Example]
and just one more [Other Example]

Hairstyle should be the same as it is now with tight braids.

Simple Sword - Hammer, to thin the blade and make it more like a katana.

Body Type: this with the same face structure as well basically.
Preferred Artists: Scar or Heras / Colors Tasi, Sabra, Heras.
WIPs: Sure!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:02 pm
Prentice Solo 1 - Swordplay and Business

He had always loved the feeling of a blade in his hands.

Yunan twisted his wrists so that the slender blade dashed out in front of him. The hybrid boy had smooth, graceful movements which proved his years of training and dedication to the arts of the sword dance. His father had taught him well and moving to Matori had allowed Yunan to pick up the more graceful style of the ocean dwellers. Speed and grace existed within the style from his ice heritage but even that held more brute force at times when compared to the slender blades of the Matori. He had a choice at one point to decide on a style and when it came down to it he had surprised his father by going after the traditional Matori dance.

Since then he had spent years honing his ability with the sword while also studying the language and writings of all the nearby regions. Oban, Matori, Zenan, and even some Sautian and Tale languages were included in his extensive vocabulary. Now that this strange Belrean place had appeared he was also accumulating tomes from their country to study. They didn’t seem like an aggressive populace so any sword styles were few and far between, but the amount of research on businesses and medicines...now that interested him greatly.

“Nephew?” A voice called out from behind the silk curtain which divided the outer room from the inner halls of the ocean manor, “Are you still training?” It was a familiar voice, one that had a light melody to it and a similar warmth to how his mother once spoke, “If so I can come back later…”

“It’s alright, aunt.” Yunan lowered his blade and carefully placed it into the midnight blue sheath decorated with a pattern that depicted silver and white yaotl. After sheathing his blade Yunan placed it on the ebony stand before crossing over to part the curtain with a hand, “How may I assist you?” He already had an idea of what she would request, but it was best to play ignorant so that she could feel successful on her own.

When he parted the curtain it revealed the rather busty Matorian who had tight ringlets of azul hair. It was tipped with black and smelled lightly of oils, several of which he recognized as being created from the light flowers that grew along the cliffs nearby. It was a nice scent and one that he sometimes wore himself whenever attending important meetings. To see his aunt with her hair tied tightly back with golden pieces locking the stray curls in place hinted at the fact that she surely came from some important meeting before returning to their home. The kohl along her eyes and the silver and gold earrings bouncing from her ears also attested to her attempt to leave an impression on someone. As Yunan passed a critical gaze over his aunt and her silk dress he had to raise a brow. He just hoped that her attire was for business rather than personal pleasures. Or perhaps it would be best if that was for personal meetings considering how much of a gamble dazzling with looks rather than brains was in business. Not that his aunt didn’t have the intellect...but it was hard to notice when hidden behind the obvious good looks.

His aunt reached up with a hand to twist on a stray ringlet nervously, “Too much then?” She replied before shaking her head, “Either way! I just received even more luck today from the gods it seems.” She smiled, her painted lips curving upwards towards those delicate cheekbones, “Our business has now expanded into Jatine and a wealthy noble family will be helping to open a shop there. Our aromatherapy is spreading along with all of our other medical supplies.” If giddy would be an appropriate word then Yunan would use it here to describe his aunt.

“That’s great fortune.” He replied with a curt nod, “I’m glad that you were successful.” Of course he had taken time to write several letters and pass some coin under the table before her meeting but her charisma and appearance surely sealed the deal. Yunan studied his aunt and read her expression, he could surely guess her intentions for today’s visit, “You would like for me to go and set up the shop?”

“Ah, yes!” She flushed lightly, “And no at the same time. I wanted to see what you wished to do for the future. You’re older now and your father has already given you a blade, but you have such a knack for business and crafting! Have you not considered becoming an artisan instead of a swordsman, Yu?”

Yunan shook his head, “I love the blade too much, Aunt.” He smiled as he glanced over at the slender weapon, “Plus, if I were to start traveling for our business agreements wouldn’t it suffice to have some sort of defense? I would much rather keep my sword at my side while choosing my allies and making my enemies in turn.”

At first his aunt seemed saddened but then as his words dawned upon her the Matori’s lips curled upwards and a light flickered in her amber gaze, “Wait! So you’ll still work with me to expand the business? You’ll really take up a partnership?”

“Of course.” Yunan grinned, “Why would I pass up on an opportunity to gain some wealth and fame? Your medical experiences are extraordinary and the medicines you create can change lives. Surely such a business then would be very welcome in any country.” He shifted before being caught up in his aunt’s embrace.

“Thank you so much, Yu! I don’t know what I would do without you! We’ve already expanded so much and now I’m eager to see what the future holds!” She paused and pulled him back to stare at him, “You aren’t going to leave me for some woman or something silly, right?” She teased lightly, “At least hit it big before you settle down for a family...okay? Business first and pleasure later.” She nodded firmly, “That’s what I tell myself all the time.”

“It seems you’ll be the one to need that mantra in your life.” Quipped Yunan before breaking free of his aunt to pick up his sword once more, “As it is you know that I’m still going to follow the path of the sword so I’ll need some time to practice and clear my mind. Once I’m finished I’ll write up a business plan for your shop in Jatine and we will see what our new sponsors think.”

“Sounds great!” Giggling like a schoolgirl his aunt slipped from the room and suddenly Yunan was surrounded by silence. Glorious silence. Letting out a soft breath he could only shake his head, what would she do without him? She was fortunate that his father had turned his back on Zena and instead chosen to come back here to Matori.

It was silly, however, that she would think he would give up on the sword. His golden gaze narrowed as he inspected the fine steel of his blade. His mother and father were warriors, he in turn had the grace and strength of a warrior, and never would Yunan think of giving it up to become some soft artisan. He was one for power and wealth yes, but not one to sit and become prey to sloth and greed. Collecting riches was more of a hobby, a puzzle for him to enjoy in this sometimes boring life. Everyone was a pawn to Yunan and he was simply playing a game of wits with the thing known as fate. It had defeated his family once by taking his mother but Yunan was determined to conquer it, to keep it from ruining the balance that he had created in this life.

Perhaps that was a reason he also was determined not to fall in love like his parents. Love only made you weak, susceptible to the pain and anguish of the world when it decided to take a life. Clenching his jaw he reached for his sword again so that he could practice the sword dance. Yaotl, snaptrotter, alol… He repeated the names of the creatures in his mind as he moved through the motions of the sword style matching them.

Just like this dance he would conquer life. He would have no worries and would build up a pile of riches to build all the connections he ever needed for power. A hybrid of ice and water did not matter to him. He would overcome all obstacles, just as he would when it came to learning how to fight with the blade. It wouldn’t be easy at times but he doubted it was impossible. Any challenge was made to be broken, just as the will of those stubborn and proud fools could be broken to his whims as well.

That simply was just how confident Yunan was.

[1504]

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:48 pm
Prentice Growth Solo - Leaving Matori

“Belrea?”

Yunan found himself repeating the country’s name as he stared at his aunt. She was sitting in the bay window overlooking the cliffs below and oddly enough as she shared the news she shifted in place and continued looking out of the window rather than at Yunan. The Matori woman was once more dressed in formal attire with curled hair and golden accessories. It was obvious that she had met with another wealthy merchant and had gained access to the Belrean market, but Yunan had not been expecting that she would outright ask him to go.

Of course it would be beneficial to spread their shops into Belrea, but he had thought his aunt would want to go explore the new lands. Though was she competent enough to do so? He studied her thoughtfully. It wasn’t as if she were an idiot. She just got overwhelmed easily and did best with flirting to gain attention and putting on a show for clients and sponsors. Yunan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, “How long do you expect them to take for the shop to open and be fully operational without my aid?”

“Perhaps three months?” Replied his aunt slowly, “A half year at the most?”

“Why do I have the feeling that it’ll be a year?” Retorted Yunan quietly before turning away from his aunt, “Give me a day or two to think upon such matters so that I can plan accordingly. I’ll let you know at dinner if I’m to go to Belrea or not in your stead.”

Closing the door behind him Yunan walked down the empty hallway. His footsteps echoing along the stone floors reminded him of how truly quiet their home was. How the manor now lacked people and how once it had been built for a busy family full of life and with plenty of noise. His mother’s parents had passed away long ago and her foster sister, his aunt, had already sacrificed much for her business. No lovers stayed long and she had never managed to bear a child - hence why Yunan was so important to her. He knew that she wanted him to inherit the estate and take up the business while his father still dealt with his family matters in Zena. Those connections Yunan felt were frozen, too stiff to be of much profit while Matori was closer to such an active hub. Oba was a vast country and many foreigners set up shops there while Zena was simply too cold for profit.

And it was hard to grow plants there. Yunan frowned as he walked towards the green house that his aunt had built. It was here that she conducted many medical experiments and he too enjoyed fostering strange plants and creating new remedies for the stores. Walking through the hybrid brushed a finger across the silver-blue leaf of a waterlily. A calming plant for certain and one which he sometimes would use in silk bandages. Would Belrea offer him access to more plants? He could take their seeds and grow them here in this building…

Sighing, Yunan turned on his heel again before leaving the greenhouse. Walking along the cliffs with his thoughts he found himself on the beach. Watching as the waters lapped at the shores the boy settled on a large rock so that he could simply observe the ocean. To go to Belrea would mean giving up Matori for a full year, if not longer. He had left Zena to come here with his father because of his mother’s memory. Matori had in a strange way become a surrogate mother for him. Her breath was the ocean breeze, her voice the melody of the rolling waves, and the warmth of the sunlight was the same as her loving hugs. Even now if he closed his eyes and relaxed in the sunlight he could imagine his mother was right behind him, singing one of her favorite lullabies.

He didn’t want to leave Matori. He didn’t want to leave behind the last place that made him feel like his mother was still with them, still alive and lighting up his life with her presence. Coming to Matori and settling here in the manor with his aunt had been the only way to ease his heartache. Could he truly survive a year in Belrea, a strange land, that may not have any ocean near for him to visit? Would their oceans even be like the Matori beaches? It was very unusual for Yunan to be so uneasy, to show such weakness but as he sat on that rock and stared across the ocean the boy found himself crying.

It was only a few silent tears but it was enough to express his agony.

He didn’t want to leave Matori, he never wanted to lose his mother and he fought hard to make sure that fate didn’t take anyone from him again. He didn’t want love because he didn’t want hurt and he didn’t see others as friends and preferred to view them as pawns because it was useless to make a connection that would surely be broken in time. So why had he made such a connection to Matori? He knew his mother was gone and yet...here he was sitting like a miserable child mourning his mother a second time as he realized that he had to leave.

It was for the best.

If he was to grow and to become even more isolated from feelings of sentiment and to forget his heartbreak he would have to go to Belrea. He could focus on the business there and the pain would surely ease into the back of his memories. I have to let Matori go. No more peaceful days, no more spending afternoons reading in his favorite library, no more evening strolls with his father along the beach. While it was only a year at the most Yunan was no fool. Going to Belrea would only be the beginning of his travels. If he was to help his aunt grow this business and gain more connections then he would be gone from Matori for much longer. Belrea, after all, was not the only country awaiting his presence.

But he had to do what he had to do.

So in the morning Yunan would prepare his luggage so that he could leave Matori behind and truly start his life.

[1075]

Conclusion: Yunan realizes that he must let go of Matori so that he can truly begin his life. Before the boy was always hesitant to leave the country because it was a reminder of his mother but now that he is older he has made the decision to put his heartache aside so that he can work hard towards his goal of gaining wealth and power.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 pm
World Events - Stage 2

[WE - Coming Together]

◈ Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers