Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:05 am
A Bit of a Scuffle

Zigaran was standing next to his Matorian mother Zamira, starring across the way at an Alkidike girl name Ahwana, not moving or reacting in any manner. He barely even gave a sniffling sound to combat the blood that was running out of his nose at the moment. In between where he was standing and Ahwana was standing was Mahaut and the mother of Ahwana who were arguing at the moment. He refused to give any indication that he was at all bothered by what was going on because she wasn't reacting. As though he would act like a weakling in front of her of all people!

"You know, Mahaut, you should be grateful that we even let that abomination of a child of yours stay in Emeka! You should keep him under control!" The other woman was complaining, one finger pointed in his direction at the moment. It seemed as though she wasn't all that pleased with him at the moment, not that he could blame her he supposed. After all he might have a bloodied nose at the moment but that brat Ahwana had a black eye that was swollen to the point that she could barely open it. It was like an 'eye for an eye' only it was an 'eye for a nose' in this particular case.

Mahaut crossed her arms over her chest, starring at the other woman, before she said, "Perhaps you should worry more about your own child instead of mine, Leiwan. After all she looks a little more worse for ware then my son." It was said so matter of factly that it actually made Zigaran's antennae twitch. He was glad to see that she wasn't upset with him for getting into a fist fight with the other youngling but how could he not? She'd started it and he felt that it was his duty to finish it. He couldn't let Ahwana think that he was a wuss after all. He had to be tough! Even if it meant getting into fights... well, no, especially then.

In front of him Leiwan seemed to puff up a bit, her antenna twitching, before she reached out to catch her daughter by the shoulder and moved to lead her away, "Keep your beast away from Ahwana or I will see your family tossed out of Emeka, Mahaut!"

Mahaut gave a roll of her dark eyes before she said, "As though she has that sort of authority." Turning around to face Zamira and Zigaran she starred at the two of them for a long moment before she said, "Come on, we're going home so that we can wash Ziga off. He's covered in blood and looks atrocious." She said that but as she went passed her son she gave him a pet on the head between his antennae, as though to congratulate him on his fight.

Lifting an arm up Zigaran rubbed it against his nose before he lifted his other hand up to take Zamira's hand in his. After he did and the two of them started to walk forward Zamira looked down at him, watching him rub at his nose, before she asked, "Ran... why did you get into such a fight with Ahwana? The two of you seemed to actually be getting along earlier when I checked on you." She was actually a bit confused. The two of them had been chatting and playing just fine, making her think that it would be alright to let them be while she worked on lunch. Upon returning the pair had been rolling around on the ground exchanging blow, which lead them to where they were now.

Zigaran gave a humming sound, then said in a muttered voice, "She's alright... just becomes a jerk when our other sisters are around." Ahwana was only nice when it was just the two of them, if any of their others sisters sisters showed up though she turned on him. He really wouldn't care normally but she decided that she needed to take it too far and insult more then just him. He was fine with that, he was used to it, but when Ahwana thought it would be a good idea ot bring his Matorian mother into her playacting that Zigaran had taken a swing. Something he kept to himself though. He figured what he said was more then enough. He didn't want to worry his mothers by letting them know he was protecting Zamira's honor.

"I see... maybe we can find you a better playmate then." Zamira said, a bit worried about her son playing with a girl that would turn on him when others were around just to save face. It was something that didn't sit well with her.

Giving a shake of his head Zigaran said, "It's fine. I won't let her beat me so easily. She can either play nice next time or I will punch her again." A declaration that actually made Mahaut give a little chuckle as they walked along.

Zamira looked at Mahaut for a moment, then back to her son, "Alright, we will allow you another chance to make friends with her... but if she decides that it's more important to look good in front of the others then maybe you aught to move on." She suggested, not appreciating the fact that the girls of the village picked on her son. He seemed to be determined to with it on his own though so she would leave be for now. He was trying his hardest after all... though she didn't like that he'd resulted to using his fists in this instance. She'd rather he be able to just play with the other kids but such a thing wasn't so easily done, was it? Not for him because he was so different. Not just his looks but the sheer fact that he was born male instead of female. He had so many disadvantages but he didn't let it get to him.

Squatting down she scooped him up, giving him a big hug, which instantly had Zigaran flushing and squirming, "Mom! I don't need hugs! You're going to make me look like a wimp!" Not something that he wanted to have happen in front of the other Alkidike and especially not in front of his mother! It would be terrible if she thought he'd grown soft during her last bit of time away from Emeka!

Mahaut looked back at the pair for a moment, sizing them up, taking in the fact that Zamira was more upset about the entire incident then Ziga was. After a moment she said, "Give you mom a hug, Ziga. Show her that you're fine after that fight or else she will continue to fret." A simple enough command but one that held a lot of weight since it gave the boy permission to hug Zamira, quietly and covertly seeking comfort and affection from her for a moment.

Only a moment though as he then broke away, hopping down so that he could rub at his nose again, "Blech... I think some of it got in my mouth... it tastes gross." He grumbled, deciding to change the subject off of everything else and to something as mundane as the metallic taste of blood that he was dealing with at the moment.

"We will get you some water to rinse your mouth with when we get home." Mahaut said, leading the way toward home. They would see to it that he was rinsed off, changed into clothing that wasn't stained in blood, and get him some water to rinse his mouth out with. After that they would see about lunch since it was getting close to the point where the sun would be just over head. As such it was time to get some food in their bellies, "After lunch we might see about getting some training in. If you were able to get in such a fight with a sister that is a bit bigger then you then maybe you're ready to start more intense training."

"Really?" Zigaran's dark orange eyes went rather wide before he suddenly started running toward their house, "Come on! Let's hurry and eat then!" He was more then happy to get right into training if possible, even if that meant cleaning up fast and scarfing down his food so fast he didn't even taste it. The idea that they could be training soon was something that he was more then excited for. Especially the idea that he would be able to have more intense training now that he'd proved himself. It wasn't as though training with his mother was easy by any stretch of the imagination but intense training sounded... well, intense! Which meant that it would help him to grow that much stronger! He'd show Ahwana and those haughty friends of hers that he was more then cut out to be an Alkidike warrior!

Mahaut and Zamira exchanged glances as their son ran off without them before Mahaut shrugged and continued forward, one arm wrapping around her mate to drag her in closer. Might as well get a little snuggle in while she could before training with Ziga began anew.

(( Word Count: 1524 ))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:47 am
A New Friend

Zigaran was standing next to his Water Tribe mother, holding onto her hand, starring at the small pup that his Alkidike mother had in her arms. It was a small beast, one that was colored brown, orange, and grey, plain colors compared to some radaku that he'd seen and yet he found that he rather loved the little beast. It had sharp teeth, sharp eyes, and he wanted nothing more then to reached out and take the pup in his arms so that he could hug him. Could he do that though? Would he look weak if he hugged a pet? He didn't want to risk that, not when his powerful mother was concerned.

Zamira gave his hand a squeeze before she looked over at Mahaut, "I think that it would be alright for him to play with the beast, yes? It's a handsome creature and one that is about his age. I think the two of them would do one another good."

Looking down at the beast Mahaut seemed to be sizing the beast up before she finally held the creature out to him, "It's meant to be a friend now and a possible guard beast to help keep you safe once it gets bigger." She gave a humming sound before she added, "Save for Zamira and myself this beast is the only creature that you can be soft with right now. It's supposed to bond with you after all or else it won't want to protect you."

While she didn't care for the idea of her boy coddling the pup she hoped that they would grow strong together. She would encourage her son to continue with his training and she would see to it that the radaku got training as well. At least that way the beast wouldn't grow up to be a worthless fluff ball. Not something that Mahaut could allow to happen when the radaku was meant to be a protector to her son. There were many dangerous things in the woods of Jauhar after all. Not just the people but the beasts, the landscape, everything, it was all threatening and she didn't want any of it to claim her son before he got old enough to protect himself. Hopefully with the aid of the pup she'd gotten for him.

Walking forward Zigaran reached out, taking the pup from his mother's arms, and hugged it to his chest, "We will both train hard to become strong, Mother." He said in a reassuring manner. He didn't want her to worry about such things, especially if it meant that he got a pet as amazing as a radaku! Everyone would be so jealous of him getting something so awesome while he was still just a youngling. Already he wanted nothing more then to take the pup and show it off, especially to Ahwana since she was his best friend and rival all rolled up into one.

He set the beast down on its feet then knelt down on one knee so that he could pet the beast, giving a smile as he did so, his antennae bouncing like crazy, "I will need to find you a name, Pup! It has to be a good one though." One that was worthy of the little beast that would one day fight at his side. While he knew that a radaku might not be big enough for him to be a viable mount he could still be a good guard beast like his mother had said. Now once he was older maybe he could find himself a mount worthy of making a Guardian of him. Well... maybe. He wasn't sure if that was what he wanted to do with his life since he really just wanted to follow in his mother's footsteps so that he could become a powerful warrior. The idea of having a mount as well... it could be an added bonus, right?

He'd have to think about it as time and his training went on. The most difficult part of being a Guardian was the whole mount thing from what his mothers had both told him. They were your partners, they were meant to carry you into battle, they were meant to keep you safe like a shield might. He didn't know if he wanted that sort of responsibility. He didn't like the idea of a beast dying for him... which meant that they had to make sure the little put was made strong through training. The pup would need to be as strong as Zigaran himself meant to be!

Giving a smile he looked up at his mothers and said, "Don't worry, I will make sure that he trains just as hard as I do. I don't want a weak guard beast after all." He hoped in saying that, reassuring them that the pup would be tough, that his mother wouldn't mind him keeping the beast at his side.

Zamira gave a smile and said, "Don't forget, Ran, you can't push him too hard too fast. He's still just a baby after all. Even you had to wait until the right time to start your own training, remember?" She didn't want her son to push the beast too hard and break up their chances of being friends. She wanted her son to have someone, even if it was just a beast, that he could trust implicitly. It would mean that he would have someone to rely on and someone to love. Someone that wasn't his parents at least. She knew that he had at least the one friend but was that friend good enough? She seemed eager to turn on Zigaran any time other younglings were added to the mix after all.

"That doesn't mean that he should be too soft on the pup either. It needs to be strong as well as... friendly." She would prefer him being more of the former but Zamira was right when it came to not being able to train the pup yet. It was too soon to start with such training, which was a shame. She'd thought about getting him a fully trained radaku but it wouldn't be bonded to her son. It would want to put itself in danger to keep him safe, meaning it wouldn't be as useful as this one should be if all went well.

Zigaran looked between his two mothers before he said, "I will make sure that he is both strong and my friend. We will train hard together and be the best partners we can be." He rested a hand on the pup's neck, stroking his shaggy mane as he said that, wanting them to understand that he would work hard to make sure the radaku was able to become what the both of them wanted to be. Just as he meant to make sure that he was able to do the same sort of thing himself.

They would both he powerful one day, standing side by side, and show that his mothers weren't wrong in raising him. He was meant to be a powerful Alkidike warrior one day! He'd show everyone in Emeka that he was meant to be right here. There were many that didn't think well of him because he was different then everyone else but he'd make up for it with his strong work ethic and drive. They would learn that just because he had mixed blood and was born the wrong gender that he could still be something great. Not just great but something... amazing. He would make sure that his radaku did the same.

"For the time being I am fine with you just working on your bond with the pup, Ziga. I will also be seeking someone who is best with radaku so that they can help him with his training once he's old enough. Make sure the bond you make with him is a strong one." She didn't want this radaku to become a wasted investment of time and the coin that it cost her to get a pup from smart, powerful parents.

Zamira gave a happy sound in her throat, stepping closer to Mahaut, and hugged the woman tightly, "You really do have a soft side, don't you Mahaut? I'm quite surprised to see it though so clearly while your out in the open." The teasing seemed to cause the warrior woman to flush a bit before she waved Zamira off, something that made her giggle that much more, "Alright, come on then. We should get going home. Ran will want to show the pup where it lives now, let it get used to his room, and work on finding it a nice name."

Mahaut nodded her head, clearing her throat, and said, "Get your pup, Ziga. You can show the beast around our house while we get lunch ready."

Zigaran nodded rapidly, scooping his pup up into his arms, hugging it close before he started toward home between his parents. He was so very excited about all of this, "He really is cute, isn't he? Ah! But that isn't nearly as important as how tough he will be one day!" He said, nodding his head, making sure his mother didn't think he saw the pet as just something cute. She'd given him the pup to be a guard beast and he didn't want it getting taken away. As such he'd have to remember to call it cute only in front of his Matorian mother from here out, just in case!

(( Word Count: 1579 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:53 am
Your Name is Dinis

Zigaran was sitting outside, across from his radaku pup, starring at him with a look of very deep concentration on his face. He'd been working on this for what felt like an eternity for one his age. It was an important decision to be make though, what he would be naming the radaku that his mother Mahaut had gotten for him. It was a cute little beast, not that he would say as much out loud, and he wanted it to have a good name! Something that would please his Alkidike mother and make it so that she didn't regret giving the beast to Zigaran. She wanted it to become a beast that would serve him as a bodyguard of sorts after all and such a guardian beast couldn't be weak! If it turned out that the radaku was weaker then she'd like Zigaran worried that she would get rid of it and see about getting him something stronger.

That wasn't an option that he wanted to even think about because he was already attached to the little beast. Not only that but he was a present from his Alkidike mother! It wasn't often that he got gifts from her and therefore he wanted to take good care of the little beast to prove that he could be trusted with such gifts. If she believed that he could have a beast like this, one that would be trained alongside him, then that meant that in the future she would trust him with other things, like a weapon! Well, not that he wanted a singular weapon. He wanted to wield long bow just like his mother Mahaut did. If he took up the same weapon as her then she would be able to train him to the fullest of his potential. At least that was what she told him she told him about the three different weapon types that he could be trained in as an Alkidike Blade.

Leaning forward he moved to get a better look at the radaku pup, lifting a hand so that he could give him a little poke in the nose, "We will figure out a good name for you, don't worry." Unlike when it came to picking his weapon this wasn't something that had an easy answer, was it? The little radaku needed a good name... no, a perfect name! If he didn't then he wouldn't become strong! Likely the most difficult part of all of this was the fact that he wanted to pick out the perfect name himself but he was only a child, therefore he didn't have the access to a lot of name or knowledge that would help him with figuring out names. As such it would be a little more difficult, wouldn't it? Especially when he wasn't about to go to either of his mothers to request their help as far as names were concerned.

Shifting himself so that he was sitting with his legs crossed, arms resting on his lap, he starred at him a bit harder, "Let's see... a name, a name... it has to be a good one or else you won't be as strong as you could be. My name is kind of like that. The first part, 'Ziga' means 'Victory' after all." Meaning that he would grow strong and find victory for himself in the future or so he felt. The second half of his name 'Ran' meant 'Water Lily' but that was the prettier part of his name, wasn't it? The part that he didn't want to think on too hard. They were concentrating on strong names after all, not pretty ones. Pretty names didn't make a person strong... unless of course they had to defend themselves because someone picked on them for having a pretty name. Not something that he wanted to put the radaku pup through so he'd find him a name that was strong, not pretty.

In front of him the beast set to wagging its tail as Zigaran starred at him, as though in an encouraging manner, and continued to sit still even though it was difficult. Just looking at the beast, taking in the manner in which it was kind of squirming about, he could tell that it wouldn't last too much longer. The pup was still little after all and he wanted to run around and play. Something that Zigaran wanted to do as well but he wanted to get the naming finished up first before they were able to run around and have fun. No! Not run around and have fun, they would be running around to get stronger, to build up their stamina, and otherwise make themselves stronger.

"How about..." His antennae set to twitching rapidly as he thought on it before he said, "How about Dinis? If I remember right it means 'brown warrior' which suits you!" It might be a little on the nose but could only really blame him given his age? He was still little and even if the name was more of a descriptor then anything else it still suited the beast in his mind at least. It also had 'warrior' in the name meaning that the beast would grow up to be a great warrior alongside Zigaran!

Nodding his head he pushed himself up to his feet and said, "Alright, you're name is now Dinis! You will grow you strong so that your name suits you, and you will fight alongside me once I am strong enough myself to get a weapon of my own!" The little pup gave a little yipping sound as though accepting the name as his own before getting to his feet as well, stretching out all over, tail wagging.

"Good, now that you have a name how about we go play... I mean, how about we do some training!" He'd call it training and then it should be fine that the two of them were running around having fun!

(( Word Count: 990 ))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm
A Hissing Puffball

Zigaran looked into the cage before him, his head cocking to one side, his antennae twitching a bit. The thing in the cage was... well, it was rather angry, wasn't it? It was a small puffball with some decorative jewels, wings, and a beak... it was something that should be 'cute' by all definitions of the word but instead it just seemed like it was small and angry. Not to mention the sign on the cage read clearly 'I Bite' which was likely a deterrent to keep people from sticking their fingers in the cage. If anything it just made Zigaran want to do just that even more, to test the little beast.

He didn't though. Instead he turned around to look up at his mothers who were talking to the man about getting some gear for Dinis who was sitting at his side and he declared to all of the adults, "I want that fluffy thing."

Mahaut was the first to turn, giving her son a long look, a bit startled by the idea that he wanted a 'fluffy thing' because that was far from what she wanted him to want. She wanted him to want tough thing! Weapons or the like not... her thoughts seemed to trail off as she saw what it was that Zigaran was pointing at. Some strange creature in a cage marked 'I Bite' that was puffed up and hissing at the moment. Her dark eyes blinked slowly before her lips turned up into a rather pleased looking smile. It appeared as though it was the baby version of some sort of dangerous creature, one a bit akin to a Kinfa, but a lot different at the same time.

The woman squatted down a bit alongside her son, starring into the cage, something that caused the little beast to hiss a bit more, before she nodded her head, "I don't see why not." Pushing back to her full height she turned to the merchant and asked, "How much for the little chick?"

From there Mahaut and the merchant set about the process of negotiating the price of the little beast but Zigaran barely paid attention. It didn't matter to him since it was grown ups doing grown up things. What mattered to him was that the strange little beast, one that the merchant called Chiavi, was going to be his! That meant that now he had both the fluffy little guy and Dinis to take care of where as most of his friends around Emeka didn't even have one familiar. Already he was doing well in gathering power in the form of familiars. Now to train his body and mind further as well he thought to himself in a pleased manner.

Stepping in closer to the cage he looked inside, giving a bit of a smile, and said, "Seems like we have to find a good name for this one too, Dinis." It had taken him some time to really pick out a good name for Dinis, meaning it would likely take just as long with the little bird, but it was important! The little guy needed a powerful name after all! Just as he thought that his mother patted him on the shoulder and said, "Alright, we can take her home at any time then."

Zigaran deep orange eyes went wide, "W-What? She's a she?" He turned back to the cage, starring a bit, before nodding, "I... see." That would be a little tougher when it came to figuring out a name but he would still do his best to find one that was perfect for the little bird! He supposed that while it was a surprise that the bird was female it wasn't a bad thing. Most everyone in Emeka, familiars aside, were female. Zigaran was one of the odd exceptions after all. Having a girl bird at his side wouldn't be so bad he supposed. Now... before he figured out a good name for her he needed figure out something else, something more dangerous. How was he going to get her to come out of her cage and come home with him?

(( Word Count: 688 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:18 am
Meeting Another Weirdo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:02 pm
A Warning

Zigaran found himself sitting on a chair, flanked by his two pets, while he awaited the arrival of his mothers. He'd been told that something important had gone down recently on the Chibale Isles and that he had to sit and wait for them so that they could all have a family meeting. The idea that his Alkidike mother, Mahaut, thought it so important had him a bit on edge. What was it that could be going on that would put her in a mood that seemed to be even more serious then usual? He was used to her normal amount of serious but this seemed to be on a whole different level, something that had his antennae twitching as he waited for her and his Matorian mother to arrive.

Sitting to one side of him Dinis gave a soft 'wuff' sound to get his attention, starring up at him, head cocked to one side. It was obvious that the brown radaku was curious as well as to what was going on because it wasn't often that Zigaran sat still for so long. Not unless it was time for him to study things that were found only in books as opposed to weapon training with his mother Mahaut. Sitting still wasn't something that Zigaran liked at all and Dinis knew that, it had the radaku squirming a bit, tail thumping against the ground, whining from time to time. After giving a glance around to make sure he wasn't being watched he lifted a hand to pat the creature on the head as though to sooth him before his hands returned once more to resting in his lap. He couldn't be too nice after all or else he might look weak.

On the other side of him was Siorys who was... sleeping. He starred at her for a long moment before he gave a soft laugh, "At least I can always count on you not to give a crap." He told the owl creature who looked as though she really didn't about whatever it was that was going on. To be fair it was day time and she much preferred to be awake at night but still, it was like the two beasts were there to even Zigaran out. Dinis was the worrier while Siorys was the exact opposite, able to sleep through whatever it was that was going on at the moment.

His attention was dragged away from such thoughts as the door to the room opened and his mothers appeared. Zamira walked over first, ruffling his hair, before she sat down. Mahaut moved to stand behind the chair that her mate was sitting in, hands resting on the back of it, before she said, "From now on things are going to be different, Ziga. I've gotten news on the differences of late and the news isn't good. An old enemy, one that you've been told of through stories, has returned. This means a lot of change in the way that you live your life." She hated to put restrictions on her son knowing full well that he spent his days training to become a powerful Alkidike warrior. At the same time it was for the best because she wanted her son to remain alive and in one piece, he wasn't perfect but she'd be damned if she let him become fodder for the filth that were the Dretch.

The Dretch were a disgusting but dangerous tribe and she'd rather hack them into tiny little pieces and throw them all in the ocean before she let them near her son. Hands tightening on the chair she stood behind she said, "From now on you will remain within the boundaries of Emeka, you will not leave without the escort of both of your beasts and one of your mothers. In fact I would prefer that it be both of us since neither you nor Zamira are warriors." Zigaran was still a prentice and still in training while her mate was a songstress who had no fighting capabilities. The Dretch would make short work of them if they were alone and she didn't care for such an idea. Zamira and Zigaran belonged to her, they were her family, and she wouldn't let anything happen to them.

Starring at his mothers Zigaran's antennae gave a bit of a twitch before he asked, "If I may, you said an old story book enemy... do you mean the Dretch that you told me about when I was younger?" It was a spooky story, one that she'd told him before sending him to bed with the words 'if he didn't behave the Dretch would get him'. As a youngling it had been a rather powerful way to get him to do what he was told... but to learn that such things were actually real? He hated to admit it but it sent a bit of a chill up his spine just thinking about it.

Mahaut nodded her head and said, "It is the Dretch, yes. We were lulled into thinking that they were just stories told to us by our elders to make us behave. Used in the same manner against us as I used them against you. It seems there was much truth in the stories though and the filth has returned, snagging those too weak to resist their power." Something that disgusted her to her core because they had no way of knowing what those monsters were up to. They could be eating their victims for all that they knew.

Shaking her head she said, "We will have to redouble the efforts of your training as well. I want you to get to the point where you can get rank and weapon from our sisters, so that you can defend yourself and your mother. Until that point you won't wander far from us, understand?"

Giving a slow nod of his head Zigaran said, "I... see. Alright, I will do my best to do all that you've said I need to do. I look forward to the extra lessons and I look forward to gaining the rank and weapon you speak of. If things are as dangerous as you say they are then it's rather important that I am armed." Especially since his Matorian mother wasn't a fighter. She sang, she didn't fight, and that was how it should be if you asked him. She should be allowed to continue on that path and she should be allowed to remain happy! Even if that meant he worked himself to the bone daily to get strong enough that he could keep her safe from the Dretch that were threatening the lot of them.

"Good." Mahaut said, looking down at Zamira for a moment, then back up again, "We will restart your training again on the morrow. I have other things to do today or else it would start up today." She wanted to go out and speak with her sisters around Emeka, see what their plans were as far as the increased patrols went. They would need to increase security, would need to travel in at least pairs if not more, and make sure that they were ready for whatever the Dretch could throw at them.

He found himself thinking that maybe it wasn't as easy as all of that though. If something was able to scare his Alkidike mother then it was most certainly not something that could be dealt with easily. That thought had his antennae twitching a bit. Glancing at his mother he asked, "How dangerous exactly are the Dretch? Like the stories? Or is it worse then all of that?"

"Far worse. From what I heard one of them popped up under the branches of our Great Mother and stole one of our sisters away. On top of being powerful they are also really brazen." Mahaut said, her own antennae giving a twitch at the thought of such a beast getting so close Aisha. It was offensive just thinking about such a thing so close to Aisha. Her unease seemed to cause Zamira to shift in place, turning to glance up at her, before she rested her hands over that of her mate as though to soothe her.

Mahaut gave her a place before looking back to Zigaran, "I am alright, Zamira. I just don't like the idea that the thing could get that far without any issues. All the more reason to make sure that our son is able to take care of himself."

Zamira gave a nod of agreement before she said, "I agree without training then Zigaran is vulnerable to those things. We have to make sure that he is able to protect himself. He's our darling son after all." She turned her eyes to her son, giving him a look of concern. No matter how serious and grown up he acted around Mahaut she still knew that he was young, just a teenager, one that had to be taken care of to make sure that he didn't end up over his head. She wanted him to go through all the training that Mahaut could offer him and then some.

"It's alright, Mom. I am going to train my hardest! I will do everything that Mother wants me to do and then some so that I am able to protect both you and myself. Until then I will do as she has bade me to do, I will stay within the borders of Emeka, I will make sure that I have Dinis and Siorys with me at all times! Even if I just go outside of the house I will have them with me, if I go further I will have one or both of you with me as well."

Zamira smiled, "I'm glad to hear that, Ran. All I ask is that you are careful so that you remain safe. You're my baby boy after all." She reached out to give his hair another ruffle despite the fact that it left him feeling a little bit embarrassed.

Getting to his feet Zigaran said, "Can I go outside? I won't wander away from the house I just want to go through the motions with my practice weapon." He also wanted to think about everything that he'd learned. There was a lot of information to go over not just the information on the Dretch but what they had done and what it meant for his people. He knew that he was 'imperfect' that he was weird for being of mixed heritage and because he was male but he'd make up for it. He would show those around him that he was a loyal warrior who would stop at nothing to serve his sisters and Aisha.

"Go ahead, but you had best stay where I can see you from the front door." Mahaut warned her son before he headed outside with his pair of pets.

(( Word Count: 1809 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:36 am
A Boring Afternoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 am
The Plan

The race that he'd had recently with Blondie had really bothered Zigaran. He'd been certain that since he'd grown up in Emeka among other Alkidike warriors that it would have been easy for him to win in the foot race against that one. It wasn't that he lost against him, but he hadn't won either. Why was it that a tie seemed somehow worse then losing? It would have to be because he'd been so close, right? If he'd just pushed himself a bit harder he would have been able to take the race... or so he kept thinking.

It might be a good thing though, right? It just went to show him that he was slacking on his training and needed to push himself harder. At the same time he found himself considering the words of the white haired sister for a moment. Should he push himself harder at this point or should he instead take a moment to breath, to turn his mind to other endeaors, to keep himself from fretting too hard over the 'loss'? What should he be doing then in place of training? A hobby he'd been told would be good for him... but what would his mother think of him doing such a thing? Surely it would be seen as a waste of his time, right? She'd much prefer that he continued on with his training instead of bothering to use precious time to do something... silly.

What had been mentioned? Painting? Singing? Musical stuff...? He didn't really see any of that stuff being worth his time but what would be? What could he do that would help to aid him going forward? He really had no access for magic, had no real grasp on healing techniques, so what was it that he could do? Perhaps... perhaps he should learn something like that? If he was able to do something in the way of healing he could at least look after himself, right? Not only himself but others as well... but how? How could he do that, how could he help? Not just fighting, not just training, but something else, something that would also in turn count as a hobby that one could use to relax between training sessions.

It was something that he'd have to consider as he wanted to be able to do more then just fight for his sisters and Aisha. Surely there had to be something else that he could do? Lifting his hands up he rubbed them against his face for a moment, sighing into them, before he heard footsteps. He lifted his dark orange gaze toward the sound, spotting his Alkidike mother, returned home from one of her patrols. Instantly he was on his feet, starring at her, before he started forward, "Ah! Mother, you're back. How are things going? Have there been any more sightings of the Dretch?" He asked, concern showing in his voice for his mother.

The woman walked forward, lifting a hand, and rested it on his head in a manner that was more gentle then what Zigaran would be used to when it came to his warrior mother. The woman starred down at her son for a moment before she said, "For the time being things appear to be alright but one never knows when those monsters will show themselves again. I'm glad to see that you're sticking close to home. I don't want to think of what would happen if you or Zamira were alone too long." She wondered if her sisters would even lift a hand to help them given that the two of them weren't even of the village. An Earthling and a half blood, it was obvious that her sisters would save their own first.

"Our family will have to fend for ourselves, meaning that you're going to have to step up. Zamira isn't a fighter, she's a songstress, and that means she's weak. I love her but she needs protecting." She wanted to keep her Zamira safe after all, she loved her, even if she didn't like to admit to it out loud to anyone but Zamira herself and this one time out loud to stress what Zigaran needed to do.

The boy gave a slow nod of his head, lifting his hands to fix his hair after his mother moved her hand from his head. Once he'd gotten himself fixed up he said, "I mean to become strong to keep the family safe, though I want to keep mom safe. I'm going to take up a bow like you, I'm going to train Sidrys, and I'm going to become a powerful Guardian. With that power I will be able to help you protect mom from anything that might want to hurt her." It wasn't just the Dretch that threatened her after all, there were many things, and he meant to keep her safe from all of them. She was, as her mother said, weak. She was a singer and it meant she'd always be at risk because she had no weapon to her name.

Giving nod of her head Mahaut said, "The life of a Guardian is a respectable one, one that allows you a partner in your battles and travels. Sidrys is a fine choice as a mount, she will be able to get your from place to place quite quickly, give you a vantage point that some of your sisters will never have. She's perfect for what you mean to do so train her to the best of your ability... though since you have no real skill in that area perhaps we will hire a trainer, for both Sidrys and Dinis."

Zigaran gave a nod of his head before he crossed his arms over his chest, glancing in the direction that he knew the chiavi to be in. She was sitting in some low hanging branches, starring at him. Upon feeling his eyes upon her the owl kin fluffed up, giving a rapid flap of her wings. Zigaran watched her for a moment before turning her attention back to his mother again, "Dinis will be easy to train I feel but Sidrys, she's a stubborn one. Training her will be hard but I feel once she's trained that she will be perfect." The chiavi looked quite pleased from where she sat, even going as far as to hop off the branch, flapping down to the ground, and walked over to him... just out of arm's reach.

Mahaut measured up the growing beast before nodding her head, "She's nearly big enough to carry you already, so different from the puff ball she used to be." Far more useful now then she'd been when they first bought her from the merchant so long ago. Zigaran saw her potential then and she saw it now. It was a good thing that they had bought the beast because it was going to serve her son well she thought to herself before she said, "We will have to consider getting you a weapon soon, which means going to Chibale. Something we can only do after we make sure your mother will be kept safe." That meant taking her to Neued where she had family, to make sure she would be protected at all costs. She meant everything to Mahaut after all and without her... well, she wouldn't be the same. Something that the warrior would never, ever admit to.

"Kept safe... so will we bring her to Chibale with us? Or to her Earthling family?" He used to travel from time to time with Zamira to meet with them, down to Neued, but it wasn't a trip they'd taken for a while. Not just because of the Dretch but because Zigaran had been so busy with his things that she'd never mentioned wanting to go. He found himself actually feeling rather guilty for that.

"We won't bring her to the Chibale Isles. She was allowed there once, so that could pray to Aisha for you, but save for that she wouldn't be welcome." Then again Mahaut wouldn't be all that surprised if the time Zamira had gone to the isles that she wasn't welcome then either. Best that they kept her away from the isles for now... and likely always, just to be certain. The two of them had Zigaran and that was enough for her... though would Zamira think the same? Giving a shake of her head she decided that she didn't want to think about that right now. They had to think on important things, on getting Zamira to safety, not on... on... lotuses!

Oblivious to where his stern faced mother's mind had gone Zigaran said, "When are we going to bring her to Neued? Soon?" The idea that he could get a weapon soon and start to fight soon, it was something that appealed to him. Then it would be both his mother Mahaut and himself that were able to protect his mom from the Dretch and beyond. It would take some doing but he felt that they could do it.

Mahaut seemed to consider the question for a moment before she said, "It's going to be sooner then later. We need to get you armed and ready for the battles that are sure to come against the bug mages that seemed bent on destroying all those around them. It's something that we can't allow, Ziga. We, the Alkidike and our children, we are the the strongest and we will prove it by taking down the Dretch. You have to be stronger, stronger then your sisters, because they won't make it easy for you. This I know for certain. You need to fight tooth and nail to be an Alkidike warrior."

"I'm aware, it's why I am even now thinking on ways that I can get stronger. As well as ways that I can better serve our tribe that goes beyond just battle. I will let you know when I figure out what it is that I plan on doing." It would take a bit of doing but he might be able to impress his mother... if he came up with a really good plan. A shame that at the moment all he really knew was that he wanted to do something that didn't all revolve around only battle. A thought put in his head by the white haired Myniri and it seemed to have stuck... not only stuck but it was something that had his mind spiraling. He wondered if talking to her was a bad thing for something. Maybe he'd of been better off if he'd never met her? She was pretty but definitely a bad influence on him.

Mahaut starred at her son for a long moment before nodding her head, "Alright, I will see how it goes. Tell me the plan once it's finalized, for now we will focus on getting your mother packed up and to Neued. After that you're going to the Chibale Isles to get your bow and rank, after that we are redoubling your training efforts. You will become the best Guardian out there, Ziga."

(( Word Count: 1842 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:33 am
On The Way

It was a really strange feeling. They had left Zamira behind with her family, surrounded by a large number of them, and he was... glad. At the same time though he felt really alone as well. Zamira had always been there, someone that he could go to when Mahaut wasn't around, someone he could get hugs and affection from, someone he felt he didn't appreciate nearly enough until this moment. Now that she was no longer there he felt lonely. A feeling that he tried to keep hidden behind a mask, not wanting to worry Mahaut. They just had to get to the Chibale Isles, do their task there, and then they could return to Neued to get her back.

It was all the more reason to hurry about their task. Giving a little sigh he looked dead ahead, walking alongside his mother, not looking back as much as he wanted to. He didn't want to appear weak, especially not when he was heading toward where the Great Mother Aisha stood. Even if he was able to see her from a distance it would be something grand, something indescribable.

After a moment of thought he asked, "Do you think that we will be able to see Aisha from where we are going? I know that the sisters that live there won't be happy but I'd like to see her, even if it's from a distance." He glanced toward her then, not too terribly hopeful but he still wanted to at least ask. If there was a chance he could see the Great Mother while they were there then he should take it. When would he be back there after all? The only way he could think of was if he were to go there in the far future with an Alkidike wife to pray for a lotus... and since that was a thought that still caused his nose to wrinkle he doubted it was in the cards for him any time soon.

Mahaut seemed to consider the question before she said, "I am not sure. I can ask but I doubt it would be a very close up view since the Mystics are likely too busy with everything going on to worry about a tour for a single person." And a prentice at that. Even if he meant to be a Guardian in the future he wasn't one now.

Zigaran gave a nod of his head, "I understand." He didn't much care for the fact that he likely wouldn't be able to see Aisha but he felt that it still made sense as to why he wouldn't be able to see her. It was something that he was used to, being told no by those of the Alkidike Tribe. It was how it would always go until he proved himself and even then nothing would come easy for him. He shouldn't worry too hard about that though, he'd known since he was able to comprehend things how life would go for him. He knew so he would find a way to work through it and to succeed.

"Good, I am glad to hear that. I would hate for you to throw a tantrum over something that is unavoidable, Ziga." She said, sounding pleased that her son was being level headed when his request had been possibly shot down. She was pleased that he was being strong, something that was all but required of anyone with mixed blood when they were a part of the Alkidike. He was her son, she loved him, but she also knew what she'd of thought of him if he weren't hers, if she didn't have Zamira, and therefore knew what her other sisters would think.

Giving a nod of her head she said, "You just have to remain that way when it comes to all obstacles in life, Ziga. You have to be strong, be prepared, and don't let it get you down." With that the warrior woman fell silent again, the walk forward continuing.

How often had he heard those words? How often had he been told that he had to be strong. It was something that got to him a little because he found himself considering what Blondie had said to him. That no matter how hard he worked it wasn't something that really mattered, he'd always be who he was, he'd always be a half breed man among a tribe of pure blooded warrior woman. Even if he fought two or three times as hard as they were they would still look down on him. It meant that he might have to find praise elsewhere while still serving Aisha. Even if the tribe as a whole didn't really cheer him on at least he had his mothers, right? He'd be strong for them, to protect them, meaning that this trip was becoming that much more important.

"Even if they never accept me, even if I am ever an outcast in Emeka, I will still serve Aisha and my sisters proudly." He told his mother, wanting her to know that he was prepared. She didn't have to encourage him nor did she have to always remind him. He knew and he was alright with it. He'd grown up dealing with it after all so it wasn't as though he was oblivious or blind. He was a smart enough guy to really know what he had to do and the meeting with Blondie only cemented things for him. He wouldn't run away, he wouldn't take a coward's path, he'd strive ever to be the best Guardian he could be, even if he wasn't destine to be a favored member of the tribe.

Presently so long as his mothers were happy then he was happy.

(( Word Count: 952 ))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 am
Growth Solo: To The Chibale Isles

(( Zigaran leaves home with his Alkidike mother, their destination being the Chibale Isles after a quick trip to Neued first. It's a long trip in which he has much time to reflect upon where he is presently, where he feels his path is leading him, as well as about rivals and enemies. There is a lot riding on the trip because in his mind the next step forward involves one thing and one thing only, getting his hands on a bow of his own. ))

The trip from Neued to the Chibale Isles seemed as though it took an eternity to him. It was likely because the two of them had left Zamira with her family. They were no longer able to protect her from the various dangerous of Jauhar with their own two hands which made him uncomfortable. He knew full well that children were supposed to be taken care of by their parents but with the way things were at the moment he felt as though he should take that task unto himself instead. He should use the weapon he was going with his mother to get to protect his other mother, especially given that she was a singer by trade, not a warrior.

The travel with his mother wasn't a bad thing, it allowed them to continue to train, allowing him to learn more and more from her. The bow wasn't a weapon that was easy to master, it was one that emotions could mess with, meaning that he had to concentrate and keep his cool to keep himself from messing up. Each shot was important, you had to take careful aim, and make sure that the shot counted, because unlike with a sword or a spear one had to get new arrows for every attack with a bow. You had to take out an arrow, notch it, take aim, and fire again. You couldn't just continue to swing... though there had been lessons in which he used his bow as a close combat weapon, though that was a last ditch effort sort of attack. It was something that was good to know how to do but no where near ideal.

There was a lot to think about when it came to be a warrior that used a bow, a lot of worries as well. He had to think about things like having enough ammo, learning to make ammo, the bow string, the condition of said string, when he needed to restring the bow, and so on. It was a difficult weapons to deal with on all levels but worth it. Especially once his chiavi was ready to carry him around. That was a long term plan he reminded himself. His Chiavi was nearly to the size that would consider her an adult but that didn't mean that she was anywhere near ready to be carrying a person around. She would needed so much training before she could carry him, more before he could actually shoot a bow from her back.

There was so much to think about too. Not just about the weapon, about preparing his mount, or what his enemies might be and who he wanted to protect. There was so much to think about at all times with one of the main things being who and what he was, how he could best serve Aisha and his sisters, how to impress his warrior mother, as well as the 'something more' that he was determined to figure out so that he could be a step ahead as well as have himself a hobby.

"There really is a lot to do when it comes to being a warrior." He commented out loud, something that drew the attention of his Alkidike mother who merely nodded in agreement, not saying anything since her attention was on the forest around them.

He turned to glance around as well, his antennae and fin ears twitching in sync with one another, a curious look on his face. Was there anything out there that they should look for? Not just the Dretch, which were the obvious, but what else? He supposed that there was always the threat of various beasts in the forest, the menzuri especially. He'd never seen one of them before now. There were also other things out there without going to the extremes though. There were always feral radaku, wadana, and other beasts that would be more then happy to come after travelers that they would see as tasty and easy prey. Not that he could see his mother being taken down by something as simple as one of those two. That meant that it would likely be Zigaran himself who would be the potential prey, meaning he'd need to be on guard.

Due to these thoughts he set about the task that was scanning the woods around them with his dark orange eyes, taking in every detail around him. He didn't really see anything, but that just put him a bit more on guard since it meant that whatever might be out there might very well see them before they saw them. Shifting himself so that he was more upright and at attention he continued to walk forward alongside his mother, alert to all sounds around them. If anything were to happen, if anything were to pop up, then he would be prepared for it! Of course he wasn't quite sure how he'd go about fighting since he didn't have a weapon yet, but he supposed that hand to hand was an option. He'd feel much better once they made it to their destination and he could get his hands on a weapon.

He was currently still considered a prentice, which made him feel as though he was a child still in the eyes of those around him. Ahwana had gotten her hands on a weapon months ago and as someone that was a mixture of friend and rival he felt that he'd fallen behind. While he hated the Dretch greatly he felt that it was their influence that caused his mother to bring him to get a weapon sooner then later. He'd never be happy about that given the danger their arrival entailed but he was pleased at least with the results. Soon enough he'd be able to show his weapon off to Ahwana... as well as Blondie. Just thinking of said blond was enough to make his antennae twitch with annoyance. Something he tried to ignore, not wanting to focus to much on that one since he was still not over the loss of sorts that he'd suffered against him.

No, he'd deal with that one again when and if they ran into each other again. Not only that but by then he'd have his weapon and possibly before Blondie did. That would be a victory to help out weigh the 'loss' he'd suffered at the hands of the blond.

Zigaran's gaze turned to his mother as she stopped, starring at her, and then gave a hint of a smile as she said that they'd arrived at the beach that would take them to the Chibale Isles. Instantly his heart started to thud in his chest in an excited manner, his antennae and fin ears twitching in sync once more. So it was time then? He would cross over with his mother and the woman that were coming into sight, he'd get his hands on a bow of his own, and his path toward becoming a chiavi riding Guardian would begin. As he stepped forward he could feel the weight of the women's stares upon him but he wouldn't let it get to him, not when he'd made it this far.

As he started forward toward the boat that awaited them Mahaut gave him a pat on the head and said in hushed tone, "Stand up straight, it's time." She murmured before falling into step alongside him as they made their way forward. The bow that was awaiting Zigaran was one she'd had commissioned for him during her last trip to the Chibale Isles and she was eager to see it delivered to his hand thus cementing his path as a Blade. It was something that made the woman quite proud, knowing that her son would soon serve Aisha as she did... though congratulations could wait until after the bow was in his hands. There was still much to do before that point after all.

(( Word Count: 1315 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 pm
Zigaran vs Vallen: Zigaran Wins!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Zigaran vs Mnyiri: Zigaran Wins!

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon