Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] 2 Kids & A Candidate (Adelly, Kindu, Jarah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:14 pm
Jarah had been quietly enjoying his rest day from his chores and various assignments all Candidates were given. He'd found a sunny spot to relax in, near the large bowl where the dragons lounged but not near enough that he would be in their way. At least until his youngest sister found him and plopped all her weight on his chest.

"Jarah, Jarah, Jarah!! Mama said I should come find you and ask about your classes and stuff because when I get old enough, I wanna be a Candidate just like you! Just like Mama was before she Impressed Anath! So tell me, okay? Tell me EVERYTHING!" she babbled and beamed at him, wiggling excitedly.

Once he'd gotten his breath back, Jarah patted the young girl's back. "Hi Adelly. Nice to see you, too. Sure, I'll tell you everything. If you talk the cooks into sharing some bubbly pies," he smirked.

"Okay! Let's go!" Adelly giggled and hopped up, pulling on his hands in an attempt to pull him up from the ground. Jarah groaned playfully as he sat up with her 'help.'

"Alright, I'm up." With a playful smile, Jarah scooped his sister up onto his back and started a jog toward the kitchens. Adelly's happy giggle always made him smile and it was one of the reasons he was so close to her.

It didn't take them long to get to the kitchens where Jarah let Adelly down and followed her through the door. Keeping out of the way, the older Candidate leaned against the wall and watched his adorable sister cute her way into a small plate piled with bubbly pies.

"C'mon, let's go eat these so you can tell me everything!" she giggled and rushed outside to a bench.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:31 pm
Kindu could smell bubblypies from several dragonlengths away, but in truth, he wasn't particularly far away from the kitchens. He saw two people, a candidate, maybe? And a girl maybe a little older than him. The four turn old wasn't the best at judging ages yet. But if he followed them, he wouldn't REALLY be wandering off on his own. He wouldn't really be doing anything wrong! Harol couldn't get mad at him, if the older boy really was a candidate!

And if not, well maybe they'd share a few bubblypies. They were his absolute favorite. He followed them to the bench where they sat with a plate piled with bubblypies. Instead of immediately reaching for one, he sat on the bench next to Jarah.

"Hi! I'm Kindu! I want a bubblypie, please!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 pm
Jarah had just taken a big bite of bubbly pie (burning his tongue in the process) when a kid younger than Adelly wandered up...and demanded a pie. Sort of. At least he said please. Swallowing his bite of pie, Jarah smiled as the kid, apparently named Kindu, took a seat next to him. "Nice to meet you, Kindu. I'm Jarah and this is my little sister Adelly. Delly, you wanna share a pie with our new friend?"

Adelly's first response was no, she didn't want to share a pie with this little kid. She had wanted to spend time with her big brother and learn about being a Candidate. Buuut she supposed she should be nice. Maybe they could play together later when Jarah and their mother were busy. "Sure," she said and held one of the pies out to him. "Careful, they're hot, kay?" she cautioned.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:37 pm
"Hi," Kindu replied, but it was clear he was most interested in the bubblypies. He looked over from the plate to Adelly. "Hi," he repeated.

He took the proffered bubbly pie and smiled brightly. "Kay," he agreed. "Thank you, Delly!" He beamed at her for a long moment before sinking his teeth into the bubblypie. He made a face, indicating that he'd burnt his tongue. He stuck it out.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:00 pm
"Told you so," Adelly said matter-of-factly as she blew on her own bubblypie before biting it. Making a face, Jarah lightly swatted Adelly's leg.

"You don't have to be mean, Delly," he admonished. Adelly pouted and mumbled an apology to the younger boy before perking up a little. "Jarah! You promised to tell me all about being a Candidate! Please?" she asked with an adorable pout.

Jarah grinned and nodded. "Alright, I'll tell you. What do you wanna know first? Kindu, do you wanna know about being a Candidate, too?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:51 am
Burning his tongue had really hurt! He sniffed, and at first, Kindu didn't respond to Adelly's apology. He rubbed at his eye with a fist. He blew on his pie, and the second bite was much better than the first.

He scooted closer to Jarah. "I want to know ALL about being a candate!" He agreed, failing to pronounce the word correctly. "Then, we can play, okay? I want to play!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:36 pm
Jarah chuckled a little, glad that Kindu didn't seem to burn himself too badly. "Alright, I suppose I should start at the beginning," he said on a sigh. He took a moment to gather his thoughts, taking a bite of his bubblypie and shifting so he's sitting more in the center of the two younger kids.

"So first of all, we have to wake up really, really early..." he began, outlining a general day in the life of a candidate. "Sometimes though, riders come and talk to us about things they found useful as candidates and weyrlings." He polished off his bubbly pie and went to reach for another, but it would be the last. Thinking to make things fair, he tore it in half and offered one half to Adelly and the other half to Kindu.

Adelly had been watching her brother with wide eyes as he described the life of a candidate. It didn't seem all that glamorous, but she didn't care about that! She would learn anything she needed to in order to have a chance at Impressing a dragon. The young girl dreamed of having a bond of her own like her mother had with her green beauty. "I can't wait til I'm old enough to stand!" she beamed with a giggle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:50 pm
The beginning? Oooh, yes that was the best place to start in a story! Kindu sat and listened attentively. Wake up early?! He made a face that had nothing to do with the half pie still in his hands. The four turn old wasn't sure he liked that idea. He didn't like waking up at all, most of the time, unless it was for breakfast.

He finished his bubblypie happily, and listened. Dragonriders came to visit them? "Can you pet their dragons?" He asked, eagerly. "I want to pet a dragon!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:32 pm
Stretching his long legs out and resting his arms on the back of the bench the three of them took up, he smiled at the little boy. "Sometimes we can. Sometimes, instead of just the riders coming to talk to us, they invite us to the Bowl where we can watch the dragons and touch them."

Adelly was wiggling happily in her spot as she listened to her brother. "Oh oh, I know mama takes us up, but do other riders take you up? OH OH Have you been on a bronze!!?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:11 pm
"Touch them?!" Kindu asked, in wonder. He had been an unwanted babe; so had never met his parents. Or had he? He didn't know. But he'd certainly never been up on a dragon. "I want to touch a dragon too!"

...that wasn't really fair. Kindu started to look distressed. "I wanna go up on a dragon too," he complained.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces