Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 am
User Image

The crowds that had drawn her in had also pushed her away. Kukesha was often more comfortable around her plants, those same plants aided her in her trade of healing. Tasks were made easy by the chattering of plants, reminding her of various tips and tricks when completing any number of injury review.

"Yes, yes.."

She cooed to the plants that seemed to hum at her - she had been away from the pride a small way, not hidden by any means and had been tending to some ground plants. The plants had begun to flower (quickly if she thought hard enough) and so she appeared rather pleased with herself. "You look so lovely." She mused, a smile grew upon her face that made her eyes sparkle with an appreciation of a plant that she had stopped in front of. It's leaves moved with a breeze, but what Kukesha saw was more of a dance in thanks of her compliments.

"So lively."

She commented quietly to herself, then began to move onto another.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 am
"The sentiments are echoed," Tethys replied with amusement lining his tone. He had known that this particular pride weren't all right in the head. In some respects they were a little bizarre, but he had been forewarned that this was simply a combination of things that he had warned his own men against. Everyone was on strict instructs not to imbibe here, and they were definitely not allowed anywhere near that 'cave'.

...Maddened as some of their kind were though, they all seemed to be reasonably pleasant individuals.

Therefore it wasn't surprising for him to find a particular individual talking to her plants, whispering sweet nothing to them, in the hopes that they might provide more for her. If it worked on males, surely it could work on everything else, right?

If not, then at least it would provide a passerby with plenty of opportunity to interrupt and strike up a conversation under the guise of 'mishearing'...

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:05 am
Her face screwed up into a look of bewilderment - up until that exact moment the plants had only spoken to her in tones that she deduced as feminine. "Pardon me?" Her eyes didn't lift from her plants right away. When they did she was greeted by the shadow of a lion, whom as her gaze followed lead to a pale individual whom she assumed was the source for her masculine plants.

"Who are you?"

He was abrupt, not entirely something unusual to come across in the pride but for an outsider to approach so boldly caught her off guard - of course, besides her connection to plants, this was why she didn't find herself in a defense rank. "You shouldn't spook a lioness like that." She remarked, eyes narrowing a touch. Instead of continuing on with such a serious attitude though her eyes widened and sparkled a touch before she spoke once more.

"I'm Kukesha`usiku - the plants typically refer to me as Kukesha. ..
or master .. but you can call me Kukesha."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 am
"You don't seem startled," Tethys examined the lioness thoughtfully for a few moments and then regarded her plants again. If he was a betting male (and he was), he'd assume that she had been talking to her plants and they talked back to her. Given his stance on gambling, he'd also put a fair chunk on all of them responding to her in a female tone given her inner voice would be of that particular disposition as well.

...Yes, it would be right to assume he didn't believe in their madness. Anything induced by any 'drug' was a weakness, and to cling to it wasn't something he approved of. Bjorn might have appreciated were he got that particular stance from given the encounters he had had with Tethys's beloved twin!

"Though if I'm right in assuming that all your plants are female you may consider getting them some males as company," he mused. "They'll get awfully lonely if they aren't tended to correctly," he pointed out with a half smile. Or did the bees count as 'males' to this strange pride...? The rest of their logic didn't make sense so that almost seemed plausible.

"It's Tethys," he said finally. "And I'm not calling you 'master' so I'm glad that we're already at an understanding with that."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 pm
"Of course I'm not."

She retorted with confidence. "I'd bet my left paw I know this jungle better than you and would be able to escape or at least find someone to help me." Her eyes never left him, but she did raise her head a touch in pride for feeling so strongly about her knowledge of her home - she had grown up in this jungle, often nestled within the comfort of her plants.

"You may very well be right about getting them some company, they're trying a little to hard to look nice these days." Her eyes lowered, along with her head, as she was brought back to the conversation after having her mind wander away with the memories. "Surely if I got them some companionship they'd ease off the attention seeking." Scolded the lioness who sounded as though she was speaking of friends who spoke to much, instead of plants.

"Tethys."

"And if it's the only thing I respond to?"

A smirk broke her otherwise straight face. "So what brings you to the jungle?" She inquired, setting joking aside.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:45 am
"Then I'll discuss a slave rebellion with your companions," Tethys stated smoothly. She might be able to tease, but he had always been able to take things in his stride, and he was pretty confident he could hold a 'let us all rebel' speech to some plants if he put his mind to it. Now if they started talking back he might have to re-evaluate his options, but he was confident they would remain silent... Last he checked he wasn't nuts.

"And you will find yourself without your indentured servants," he clarified before raising his brow. He took a moment to regard the flowers who she had now decided to chastised for looking too nice. From his understanding, the Bahari herbalists, Dione and Kluna, preferred the flowers to be in bloom...wasn't that meant to mean they were healthy?

"Oh my gods you're starving your plants, they want to be rescued by passing knights. No wonder they're blooming so desperately," he teased. "They want to be saved from the life of hardship you want them to have!"

"...And I'm just looking around, gathering my bearings. Finding out whether or not this place is as useful to me as the Bahari is."

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:09 pm
"You wouldn't dare."

Her eyes widened, not truly realizing that perhaps he was kidding though she had been doing something similar only moments ago. "They'd never fall for your schemes." Her eyes narrowed once more. "They have been my friends since seedlings and since I was but a cub, they'd never form a mutiny! Most of all they would never leave me." A sad twinge hit the lioness at the thought of being alone - she hadn't much family to spend time with especially since she hadn't let go of her adored muse. These plants were as much her family as any blood relative, if not more.

As he continued to speak her mood lightened and she even laughed at his 'starved' joke. "Yes, I've starved these fat plants of mine, they certainly need rescuing if that's what it's for." She mused lightly with him, enjoying how light the conversation had become.

"Oh, you're coming from the sandy shores of our neighboring allies." Her smile changed since if the Bahari had allowed this lion to enter their home than she had no reason to think any harm would come to her, but the smell on him didn't remind her of the softhearted pride. "As useful? So you don't come from the Bahari, but instead a different home?" Her ears worked their way forward, listening attentively now. She still didn't feel as though any harm would befall her, but these facts were still alarming.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:59 am
"I've done a lot worse," Tethys smirked darkly at the lioness and then regarded her flowers with renewed interest. He had half a mind to play along, to whisper sweet nothings into their petals until she assaulted him. This place was absolutely bizarre in that respect, he had been warned that there were some lunatics but it seemed that there were more of them than he'd been advised of given the first one he'd met was like this.

Nevertheless he could be diplomatic, even if he found an individual to be slightly disturbed and maybe lacking in mental capacity. She might have assisted him in confirming that the pride would be utterly useless to him when they spent most of their time talking to thin air, but at least he'd get some reasonable entertainment and stories out of this.

"But no, I do not come from the Bahari'mtoto," he confirmed with a wry smile. "Quite a bit further away than that if we are to be honest, I simply required their assistance and made the trek to meet them," he added. He wouldn't go in to details, she didn't need to know them and quite frankly she wouldn't understand them. Anyone who chittered to flowers and genuinely believed they talked back would lack the mental capacity to understand something much more complex.

There was no harm to her, but she'd never receive any in depth information regarding his purpose in these lands. Nope, all she would receive was pleasant conversation and maybe a giggle, it would work better that way...

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm
"You have?" Her interest was genuine, but also expressed a small amount of concern as she tried to comprehend his meaning behind that smirk. "I surely hope you'll keep that 'worse' away from my own environment." Kukesha stated plainly, not truly taking the time to form a proper sentence surrounding the statement.

She looked to him as he explained that he wasn't actually from the Bahari and brief spark of concern lit in he eyes briefly, but as she considered her lack of injuries she assumed he still was approved to be about. "You did smell a little off." She remarked, wrinkling her nose a little bit. "My flowers covered the odor, but it still seemed to creep through the flowers and fresh smell of the Bahari. You smell.. salty." She gave a small smile.

"Do you intend to travel more deeply and speak with others?" Merely a curiosity, as though she'd already mentally left the conversation to pursue other thoughts.

Epine de Rose
Don't judge my crap response >: lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:28 am
Well that had spooked her! Clearly she was more inclined towards her flowers than to outsiders, even though he'd heard the Kizi were even more welcoming of followers. The only difference was that they carried fake names, names that were fake even to the Bahari... Quite frankly it said a lot about them if they couldn't even trust those they had formed an alliance with, but who was he to judge?

Who was he kidding; he'd judge them.

"That's the idea," he confirmed and shook his head. "Talk to at least a few others and see if you do happen to have anyone useful here," he paused briefly. "If no one possesses the information I need or can't apply their talents accordingly then I'll leave again," he reassured her. If they were all lost in their own world, he wouldn't be inclined to trust them with his band's wellbeing anyway... He'd prefer those who were sane administering anything to them!

"You can of course accompany me if you please, keep an eye on me in case I cause trouble," he added with a chuckle and carefully strode passed, taking extra time to avoid her flowers. "But it seems you need to prevent the revolution occurring in your friends," he pointed out with a grin. He'd not wait for her to catch up, she seemed the type to do as she pleased when she pleased and pushing her to do anything would probably end poorly...

Mysses Greenie
/fin!

Epine de Rose

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas