Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:09 pm
Most of the company was gone, mingling with the new people on the new land. Raeka understood their intentions; they were in a world of the unknown. The few non-workers who joined the party made an effort to research, to purchase items and take notes and just discover more. Raeka, on the other hand, was tasked to figure out how to get them home. She wondered if the others were using the new world as an excuse to not worry about being stranded.

But hey, it was better than being dead.

The morbid thought caused the hybrid to pause, before she realized she was overheated. She pulled off her head gear and goggles, revealing her strange coloring to those around her. Most openly stared, as if such a mix was unheard of. Maybe they just weren't as open to mixing as they were back home. Most did appear to be in the same coloring, after all.

Really, it was fascinating, but not her focus. She needed to get this machine running, and make sure her crew didn't wander too far in the process.

Raeka sighed.

Kesmi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm
Elyessi

Limbree had wandered the market and met a couple of the onlookers that had been in the crowd. She had sampled some of the local food and was taking some back towards the Zeppelin for those at work. Sure they were in a new place and had need of potentially getting home. Limbree didn't want to leave quiet yet though, there were just so many things to see. She had been told of a place called Matori and wanted to explore there too. Frowning slightly to herself, she wanted to explore, but she also wanted to get back home and tell her family about all this.

Shaking her head, Limbree wandered to where the large machine was that had broken down. Most the crew had wandered off. Probably to get some fresh air and something to eat, really were they all in that much of a hurry? Looking around, she spotted one still working. "Hey, you going to work the day away? Why not take a break?" Limbree asked as she stopped not far from the woman, "There is much to see and experience. And there are so many different things to try. I brought something they call roasted Aldabuk. Want some?"  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:44 pm
Kesmi

Snatching a tool from the side, where a bag was thrown on the ground, Raeka felt the beginning of a headache. She knew she hadn't slept in awhile, which meant her attitude was a bit on the focused and determined side, and she wasn't feeling very social. Others had encouraged her to take a break and get food, but all she wanted to do was make sure the engine was up and running, and that it was safe to return. She figured out a potential reason for this one to fail, as well as warning signs on the other two, and had assigned some of the others to focus on fixing the engine. It seemed she was finally ready to take a break and maybe get something to drink.

It was then she heard Limbree shout out, and her bright eyes turned curiously to look over. Was it a mainlander? No, it was one of the others, who had wandered off. Raeka took a breath, and gave a wane smile. For all the energy she was known for, she was exhausted.

"You're right, I could do for a break..." She wiped her brow with some cloth, before shaking her head with a laugh.

"I wish I could, but I need to make sure we can get home safe and sound. It'd be best if I kept to myself here while the others wander about. Someone's got to keep things running."

As well as keep the curious away. She had a feeling these mainlanders didn't know the technology, and anyone who touched it might do more harm than good. Wordlessly, she nodded and held out her hand for the offered food, not questioning it and half thinking about another task she had.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:01 pm
Elyessi

Limbree shook her head at the exhausted woman, she was really pushing herself. Looking at the meat that was laid out on a wooden platter, she held it out so she could take one herself. There were some that didn't like others touching the food besides the cooks. "You are going to work yourself ill. Take a break, gets some air and just look around for a little. You keep on like this, you might do harm then good." Limbree said as she looked at the engine that still needed work. "You can always have someone else take over for an hour or two."

In fact, Limbree was itching to get back out there. There were still so many things that she wanted to try. The strange pastries and sweets, the animals that were on show. Man, she didn't want to stay cooped up too much longer or she might just burst. That and she wanted everyone to experience something out there. "You really in that much of a hurry to go home? We just got here after all.." To this she frowned, like a kid who found something new and exciting, but her mother wanted to go else where.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:22 am
Kesmi

Raeka laughed at the comment. She could rest when she got home. Sure, she knew when to stop, but right now she was in a good pace and actually not making any major changes. Tomorrow she'd bring in one of the others to also look over her work, so she wasn't that worried about it in the long run.

"I appreciate it, but look around! Most of the others are on their own break. I'm sure when they get back we can swap out. I mostly am in a rush to make sure things are safe...besides, this never was a pleasure trip, more of a meet-and-greet. We've got to get back and let the academy know of our success!"

Chewing on the food, she let out a pleased moan, laughing after. Food did make her feel loads better.

"Thank you! This is great! Sometimes I forget about the simple things, being so focused on technology. By the way, I'm Raeka...I dont think we were on the same flight?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 pm
Elyessi

Limbree listened to what the other had to say. It was true that everyone else was on break, but surely others would be coming back soon. Or she would have to go out and find someone so that Raeka could get out of the Zeppelin and see more then just these walls. Frowning still she looked at the machine that laid in pieces as it was getting worked on. She wondered if she might be able to help, but she wouldn't know the first thing about it...

"Should at least find something other then soot to take back with you as a souvenir" Limbree muttered off to one side as she looked away while Raeka sampled what she had brought. "I'm Limbree, Bree for short if you like. I was on the other zeppelin. So we wouldn't have run into each other, but it is a pleasure meeting you."

Leaning back a little, she looked back toward Raeka for a moment. "A meet and greet huh? It sounded like there was more in mind then just that." She gave a shrug. "So do you need any help to get this thing fixed faster? So you can go out and see things with your own two eyes?" It was an idea anyways, she could try and cobble things together.. The best way she knew how.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:37 am
Kesmi

Raeka just grinned a bit. She wasn't here to explore or to find new races. She was here on a final test to become a member of the Academy. She had so much to focus on that there was little time to evaluate the strange skin, hair, or clothing of these mainlanders. Maybe on a future trip, if she could ensure they would even happen.

"Nice to meet you Limbree. So you were on another ship? What did you end up working on? You aren't a mechanic are you? I figured I would know..."

As focused as she was, Raeka tried to note who was around her while she was working.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:09 pm
Sinking her teeth into another hunk of meat that was still on her plate she glanced around. The thoughts and memories of their travel across the seas by air hadn't been the greatest of times. There was much running around at points when some thing started to malfunction and needed 'tinkering' on. Shaking her head, Limbree glanced back towards Raeka.

"I helped on the second ship that followed this one." She said after swallowing, "I was an assistant to one of the mechanics. Lots of running around that." She didn't want to mention that she might have tried making improvements mid-flight... Yea that was something she was going to keep to herself.

"So what happened to this one? Need any help with anything? Limbree offered setting the plate aside for the time being.

Elyessi

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:00 pm
Kesmi

The sound of work continued to move through the air between breaks, and Raeka grinned up at her companion, "Impressive. That one was quite a beauty, also the fact that it didn't crash, helps." She added with a casual laugh, pushing her hair back behind her ear.

"Looks like one of the steam belts got jammed, and popped off. Nothing crazy, but the lack of cooling from the fan meant we overheated. I'm a little concerned about the fire damage, but for now I'm just trying to figure out if anything else was damaged from the overheating. Ideally we can cobble most of it together for a safe trip...but if not we might be down a ship."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:49 pm
Limbree peeked over Raeka's shoulder at the damage that she had been working on. Light green eyes scanning the machinery and the damage done. The belt had jammed and popped off? Straightening a little she crossed her arms in a means of thinking, a finger tapping at her chin. "Hmmm."

Limbree stepped away and back to the other ship that she had come off of. She returned to the area that she had been based on the ride over. Pawing through some things she pulled out a couple of tools that might help with fixing one of the problems… Then again she wasn’t too sure how well the belt had been held on… She would have to take a closer look. Heading back to where Raeka had been, Limbree took to looking over her shoulder once again.

"How well was the belt on? Just over the two wheels that were turning?" she asked, trying to get a clear idea of what they were working with.

Elyessi

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

◈ RP Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas