Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
{PRP}Step into the Shadows {Marzena x Mai Tai/Vaiva}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:31 pm
[ quote="Fairy Snails"]Edited to update images due to pb fiasco. Sorry don't have Vaiva's rogue cert loaded.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The colorful hyena had roamed far from her pride's lands. She liked to switch things up. So she'd traveled far and proceeded to hunt during the day. Her main concern was against leading others back to her pride. They were a secretive lot really. Not aggressive though, which she really liked. It was just a different way of life from the old hum-drums.

The setting sun lit up her pelt like a second sun. There was no hope hunting now. Mai Tai was positive every zebra and gazelle within miles had spotted her. How tempting it was to wait until night fell and hunt! Still she resisted. She'd come out here to hunt during the day. Now the day was almost over and it was time to rest. The hyena found a spot and flopped down.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vaiva moped. The lion she'd fallen in love with was gone. Maybe it had just been a crush, but she'd crushed hard. Their cubs were beautiful. Now he was gone. At least she still had her sister beside her. She glanced up from her reminiscence to glance around her. "Where are we?" She asked, semi-curious. Vaiva didn't really care where they went, so long as it was together. Perhaps there was something interesting around here for them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 pm
magnadearel
Marzena

User ImageMarzena hadn't met the lion that her sister had fallen for. When she heard the news from Vaiva, she new that she needed to stay by her sisters side. She would not allow anyone to take advantage of her heart broken sister. “Hmm, well looking at the distance between us and the mountains, as well as the direction the sun is setting, I would say that we are completely lost sister.” She gave her sister a cheeky grin. Although she like to travel, Marzena had never been to the area. She was confident in her ability to keep them safe though.

“I say that it is about time we get some directions. At least figure out something interesting to do in the area. What do you think?” She asked.  

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:29 pm
Fairy Snails
Thanks!

Mai Tai was dosing off, wondering how others managed this day after day. The sound of voices brought her abruptly awake. Training was hard to avoid. She was so use to hiding from others it took quite a bit of will and some stern talking to herself to remain where she was. She was an innocent hyena out hunting. Nothing unusual about that. There was no way anyone could track her back to her pride.

The hyena slowly sat up and looked around for the sources of the voices. Slowly she turned where she sat. Eventually she made out two cheetahs in the distance. They were bright and rainbowed colored, but nice to look at. She waited to see what they would do.

Vaiva looked at her twin's cheeky grin and had to laugh. "Then I suppose it be a good thing we are not trying to get anywhere hm sister?" The view was quite pretty with the setting sun and the mountains. Not really suited for staying long term, but enjoyable for the moment. There wasn't a purpose in her life, but she appreciated her sister's steadfastness.

"I suppose that sounds like an idea." No point in directions when they didn't have a destination. However, finding out info about the local area appealed. "Sister dear, do my eyes deceive me, or did a second sun appear on the horizon there?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:11 pm
'A second sun?' Marzena thought before looking at what Vaiva was referring to. She saw a brightly colored hyena in the distance. “Your attention is as sharp as ever sister. I haven't seen such a brightly colored pelt since, well I guess since looking at you.” she responded with a giggle. “It seems like we are in luck finding someone to give us directions or, at the very least, give us some sort of idea where we are.”

She paused, looking at the distance between them and the hyena. “Would you be interested in a friendly little race to the rock? The loser has to catch the next meal?” Marzena said , looking at Vaiva, raising an eyebrow.

magnadearel
Sorry for taking so long!

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 pm
Fairy Snails

Mai Tai tilted her head as she considered the pair from the distance. With the sun behind her, she couldn’t be sure that they had seen her. Her pelt might make her blend in with the setting sun. It was an interesting thought actually. The hyena pondered if she would be able to get a little hunting in either at dusk or dawn, using the sun behind her to hide her presence. It was something to try later.

For now she turned her attention back to the cheetahs. Should she call out and see if they’d come closer. Then she saw first one then a second trail of dust. At first Mai Tai couldn’t tell if they were coming at her or running away. The cheetahs got larger and she realized they were coming at her. She hoped they weren’t mad at her for being here.

Vaiva might have not noticed the hyena if it hadn’t moved. Even then it almost blended in perfectly with the setting sun behind it. She almost wondered why she’d brought it to her twin’s attention, then realized it was because her sister wanted to ask for directions. Her giggle answered Marzena’s. “Oh I think it’s brighter than yours and mine together.”

She nodded that they were indeed in luck. To fine someone so handily near was incredible. Now as long as they were friendly, and didn’t mind some company too. Vaiva considered a race. It might be a race to them, but she didn’t know how the hyena would feel with two cheetahs charging down upon it. “Alright,” she said slowly. She let her twin get ahead of her and followed at a slightly slower pace. She didn’t mind catching dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:40 pm
As Marzena ran, she glanced back at Vaiva. “Come on slow poke! I know you can run faster then that.” She said. When they were closer to the hyena, she slowed a good distance away. “Looks like you'll be doing the hunting,” she laughed taking a moment to catch her breath.

She looked at the hyena and gave a friendly smile. “Hello there! Sorry to interrupt your rest, but my sister and I were wondering if you could help us out? We started exploring with no real purpose but now we have found ourselves lost. We were wondering if you could give us some direction to landmarks or give us a general idea of where we were?”

magnadearel

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Fairy Snails

The hyena debated meeting them standing or sitting. While sitting she wouldn't appear threatening if they had taken offense to her presence, but it would leave her vulnerable. Mai Tai decided to error on the side of caution. She rose gracefully to her paws, but presented herself in a non-threatening fashion as the two got closer.

Their pelts were a striking reversal of each other. The sun glinted off their colors as they moved and made them something quite beautiful to watch. She really hoped they were a friendly pair. She soon saw them slow a nice distance away so they wouldn't come at her running. Mai Tai breathed a sigh of relief and sat down as the first cheetah spoke. "I don't mind, you really haven't interrupted much, and I was just thinking about getting up." She really was a creature of the night.

"I see. Hmmmmm. Do you have a particular destination?" If they did, that would be easier. If they were just wandering, that would be harder.

Vaiva gave a good natured laughed at her twin's teasing and put a little more speed into her pace. Marzena still won, but by less than she'd been going to allow her to. She gave a smile and a shrug, "I don't mind hunting." They, thankfully, slowed as they got nearer the hyena. She was pretty sure the way the creature sat back down meant it had been worried about their quick approach, but had been reassured.

The cheetah regarded the brilliant pelt awhile longer, then turned her attention to the conversation. She shook her head at the hyena asked about a particular destination. Other than her sister, she had nothing, thus she was content to follow along after her twin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 pm
Like her sister, Marzena shook her head. “My sister and I wanted to see more of the land and we just started traveling to our hearts content. We probably should have turned back by now, but we were having such a relaxing time. When we set out, we did so without much planning.” She explained. “What we are looking for is a place to rest, just temporarily and potentially a decent hunting ground. My sister here needs to catch us a meal.” The last bit Marzena said with a slight gloat. She had every intention of helping her sister hunt, but enjoyed teasing her just a little bit.

“If you help us out, you could join us for our meal? If that is okay with you sister?” Marzena said, turning to her sister to hear the answer. She did not want to assume her twin's answer. Even if the hyena couldn't help them out, it would be nice to share a meal with someone.

magnadearel

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:29 pm
Fairy Snails

Mai Tai thought slowly. One was the quieter twin, and the other more vocal. The one in the back simply shook her head, while the other gave a more vocal answer. On the positive side, they weren't going anywhere particular. She nodded sagely, "oh there's plenty of places for a quick pit stop around here." She looked back and forth between the pair.

"Though if you're looking for something a little more steady, there might be something. There's rumored to be a hidden pride around here." She had no idea if it was true, but it made for a great cover story. "But come! Let's find a place where the prey are stupid and plentiful. I might not be as fast as you girls, but I can turn a mean paw. Name's Mai Tai."

Vaiva was grateful her twin didn't say the real reason she was traveling out here. It was still a subject too close to the heart. Nor did she really want to turn back; there was nothing there for her anyway. She smiled fondly toward her sister. "Only because if I didn't hunt for you sister dear you'd go hungry." Vaiva teased right back.

"Of course, if you'd care to join us." Vaiva nodded as the hyena quickly accepted. It sounded like she knew the lay of the land. "Oh?" Her ears perked up with interest at the thought of a hidden pride. "That's..... I dunno. Seems almost silly to stay hidden doesn't it? Yet it's interesting."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:49 pm
With Vaiva's hunting comment, Marzena couldn't help but let out a snort. “Very true dear sister.” Her full attention went back to the hyena. When Mai Tai mentioned the hidden pride, Marzena eyes went wide with curiosity. She turned to her sister and was delighted to see that she seemed interested. “We must check out this pride sister. There must be a reason for it to be hidden? Perhaps it is cursed or something even more mystic?”

As eager as she was to seek out this hidden pride, Marzena could hardly hide the fact that she was hungry. “It is wonderful to meet you Mai Tai. My name is Marzena and this is my wonderful, but slower, sister Vaiva.” Marzena said, giving both Mai Tai and Vaiva a grin.

magnadearel

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 pm
Fairy Snails
Fin! Thank you!

Mai Tai gave a soft laugh at their hunting teasing. Neither one look underfed. She bet these girls did alright for themselves. Two was always better than one, and three were better than two. The hyena heard the interest about the pride in the voice of the first one, and the positive curiosity of the second cheetah. She smiled to herself. She had them hooked now and could find out more about them as they hunted. If they suited she'd lead them to the Isoba, if not, it wouldn't be hard to loose them eventually. "Right then! Pleasure to meet you ladies. It's time to fill bellies." Mai Tai returned the grinned and headed out.

Vaiva mulled over the thought of a hidden pride. Was it really a full pride or a few hermits that appeared to be a pride? Only one way to tell though, was to find them if they could. She could really tell Marzena liked the idea. Well who didn't like being mysterious? She smiled at her twin's clear enthusiasm. No doubt there that after the hunt, Marzena would be eager to go look for them. Vaiva was inclined to go along. She bobbed her head as her twin introduced her. "Likewise Mai Tai." With a wave of her paw, she let her twin take the lead after the hyena.

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games