[PRP] Shhhh, No Advice! (Tethys x Eir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 pm
User Image

He'd had enough of various felines telling him how he should be...how he should act, feel, what he should say. Quite frankly, he was inclined to tell the next one to suck it, or if they wouldn't keep their views to themselves he would grab their head and shove it up their a**. Suffice it to say that the lion in question was not receptive to any more 'advice' at this moment in time and it would be unwise to try... even if it was simply to say loosen up.

Admittedly such disgruntled demeanours rarely intimidated anyone in the Stormborn and there would no doubt be a few brave souls that would attempt to strike up a conversation, but unless it was something agreeable they might find themselves sporting some very impressive black eye's.

In fact, his mood was so foul that his warband had suggested he settle near the borders to watch out for anyone he could punch. He wasn't completely in view of oncoming lions, but he was certainly far enough from the center of the pride to avoid the majority of them. It was just his luck that it was going to be a quiet day today and short of beating himself up, he probably wasn't going to scratch that itch any time today.

Shame really...

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:21 pm
User ImageEir walked slowly along the border of the pride, eyes turned out to the rogue lands. She had started studying under one of the Lawspeakers of the pride and her lessons were going well, yet she felt as if she wasn't making a difference as she wished she would some day. She wasn't an adolescent anymore and she felt that she was ready to take the title for herself to mediate disruptions and disputes between her fellow Stormborn.

Her eye was caught by a lone figure sitting off by himself, staring at nothing in particular. The way his shoulders were hunched and the tiny, silent snarl on his muzzle let her know he wasn't in the best of moods. Perhaps she should leave him be...

And yet Eir found herself moving towards him. As she got closer she put a name to the face. Tethys, a recently promoted Captain. She took it upon herself to know the Captains at the very least, as well as the Reavers that were seeking the title. She knew it wouldn't be likely that he knew her until she became a Lawspeaker, but that didn't mean she didn't want to get a head start on learning everyone's names.

"Not a good day to die, Captain?" she asked with a hint of a smirk on her muzzle, amused at her own twist on the traditional greeting.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:14 am
He had been interrupted, though not by a voice that he recognised, and as a result he turned round with less irritation and more curiosity. He had been expecting a Reaver, most of which he could recognise by face if not name, and yet he was greeted by a lioness who most assuredly wasn't one. His eyebrow raised as he regarded her, she knew his rank, yet he didn't have the pleasure of knowing her's... he'd assume she wasn't a priestess or he would have been clouted for his insolence by two of the most important females in his life.

...The other would react more neutrally.

"I have no enemies," he complained. He didn't mean this in a literal sense of course, he had plenty of those, but he had grown to realise that this was a common way of complaining in these parts. In short he was bored as well as irritated by certain meddling individuals in his life. Now the boredom could have been alleviated but apparently no one wanted to visit this time of year!

"You're quite far out," he observed and tilted his head to the side. "Exploring, or fancy yourself as an escape artist?" he queried with a half smile.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm
Eir gave a little snort as Tethys lamented his boredom. That truly was an awful thing for a Captain to experience, she was sure. Usually there was always something to do for those of that rank, whether it was accepting challenges, going out on Vikings, checking in on their Reavers or potential Freeborn that wished to rise to the challenge...and yet here he sat, staring out at the rogue lands as if he were waiting for something to come to him.

"I have little desire to see what is beyond our borders," she said, giving a little huff at the thought that she might be escaping. If she were a Thrall hell-bent on leaving she certainly wouldn't have approached a Captain.

"No, simply walking. Stretching my legs after lessons." Being a Lawspeaker was a lot more sitting around and thinking rather than going off and fighting. Sure, she was trained in battle - what Stormborn wasn't? - but she hadn't needed to break up any fights just yet which was something she knew she might need to do in the future.

"If you're bored, why not venture out? I've heard there's always something to do in the rogue lands."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:11 am
Tethys's reaction to her advice was to provide her with a rather long stare, she may not have found harm in the suggestion, but he didn't appreciate the sentiment. In any other Reaver's world he imagined that a simple jaunt wouldn't have been a problem, but he wasn't about to turn himself into a marked target again for a little while longer. While it was certainly on the cards, it was going to wait until he knew he could win properly and return with proof of his success. Fortunately for both him and Eir he had the decency to remember his manners despite his bad mood.

It wasn't Eir's fault that the females in his life were a constant source of exasperation, right? Unless she had been sent by them in which case he was going to have a falling out with them in regards to this particular intervention. The lioness was younger than him after all and it was hardly a good idea to throw her in the firing line.

He raised a brow as she mentioned her lessons though - perhaps he should re-evaluate that.

"Please tell me you are not another Priestess," he said in a rather measured tone, choosing to ignore her suggestion. If he had decided to answer that it would have sounded belittling and rude. At this moment in time the wandering Freeborn didn't deserve that distaste, not everything in the world revolved around him and she may not even know who he was. "And if you are, you may wish to reassure me that you know neither my sibling or her Mistress," he added.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:28 pm
Having her question ignored made one white brow raise, especially with the way that Tethys decided to change the topic. Had she been born with more fire in her belly like her mother she might have taken offense, but more of her father's nature had won out. Still, it didn't mean she would simply turn her eye to rudeness and ignorance. She gave Tethys the benefit of the doubt, though, as he brought up familial relations. Sometimes that was enough to kick someone from a good mood to a bad one.

"Lawspeaker in training, actually," she said, a touch of dryness to her voice. That wasn't to say she didn't respect the Priestesses - they had an important job within the pride, after all, and her own aunt was one - but they were a bit more...fanciful than she cared to act. "And I'm sorry - or perhaps pleased in this case - to say that I haven't a clue as to either of those lionesses."

Hopefully that would pull whatever thorn was in his butt out and he'd be a bit less touchy.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:37 am
He did seem to settle as she made reference to her chosen profession and reassured him that she knew of neither of the banes of his existence. It would have been inaccurate to say that he was fully relaxed, but the thorn would certainly have been extracted from his rump! Even his expression seemed to loosen as he flicked his gaze back towards the lioness and he regarded her for a short period of time.

"Count your blessings," he confirmed after a moment or two. "You appear to know who I am but I don't believe I've had the pleasure of your name," he finally seemed to remember his manners and found his stride in conversation again. It was with a wry smile that he settled into a more comfortable position. "So Miss Lawspeaker, who might you be?" he asked curiously.

"And how goes your training?" he added and then shook his head. "Even though I haven't the slightest idea what it entails. I should probably find that out given that one of the cubs I met seemed quite intent in following in your paw steps," he mused.

"Can't say my guidance will be terribly useful to him if the most I can say is 'they document all successful askorun challengers'," he finished with a smirk.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 am
Family tension was common within the Stormborn, but Eir counted herself among the lucky in that she didn't have any bones to pick with anyone that she was related to, full blood or otherwise. Her mother would tell her how kind and gentle her father was - perhaps some day she'd meet him to see for herself - and she figured that had a lot to do with it. Some lions had a fire in their blood that was only stoked further by their siblings or other relations.

"It goes rather well, actually," she said, a bit surprised that Tethys had asked. Most lions didn't care for the Lawspeakers, thinking it was a pointless role. There were only a pawful that understood that at times it was the Lawspeakers that really held the pride together, especially during times to political turmoil.

"And I wouldn't expect you to know what it entails, although part of it is knowing who is who in the pride. At least being aware of the current Warlord, the other Lawspeakers, Priestesses, High Priestess, Captains...and any troublemakers." The Stormborn was far too large of a pride to know everyone, so only those with high ranks or political pull were important for her to know. She was still learning, of course, but she did well putting names with faces.

"Eir," she added, finally giving him her name. "My mother's Captain will be joining you in your little...adventure. Her name is Fastny, her Captain is Vidar."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 am
"Is that what we're calling it now?" Tethys gave a wry smile. Well if that's what others wanted to think of his particular conquests then he'd leave them be on that score. Until he achieved anything of note they were honestly entitled to it, but he did afford a pause at the mention of Vidar. "Ah, the loud one with a nose for glory and a lot of volume," he replied. On the plus side he meant no ill-will, but Vidar had certainly stood out for his confidence and perhaps his ego to a certain degree...

"Well you probably already know the devil incarnate, High Priestess Kluna," he remarked. "And her apprentice is my darling twin, Dione..." he raised both eyebrows and waggled them. "Stay very far away from them if you want to prevent yourself from getting a ferocious headache," he warned and then relaxed back onto his spot on the rocks.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Eir, perhaps when you have successfully completed your studies I might be able to place someone in your care, he's expressed considerable interest in the very role you are currently in line to achieve," he cleared his throat. "So in all seriousness, I'm not buying the stretching the legs..."

He paused, albeit briefly.

"What are you looking for?" he asked. "Because if it's not something you can get in the safety of the township, I do have to wonder what it is..."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:35 am
Eir didn't comment on Kluna's personality. She knew her, yes, but not well enough to call her the devil incarnate or to defend her. She hadn't met her assistant yet either, but was sure in the future it would be inevitable. She did need to learn all of those in higher standing within the pride, after all.

The question made her glance back out at the rogue lands again. She had no desire to go out there, yet something had drawn her to this spot. Perhaps her first task as a Lawspeaker would be to help this young male Tethys had spoken about a few times.

"Well. Part of it was to stretch my legs," she said, glancing back at the lion. "The other part was to think. I'm just in training still yet I feel as though I'm not living up to my own expectations. But perhaps you can help me," she added, an amused smile crossing her lips. "Once you introduce me to the lion that wishes to join the ranks of Lawspeaker. So perhaps it was you I was looking for all along without realizing it."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:53 am
"Fancy that," Tethys responded with a quiet laugh. "Fate does work in mysterious ways," he added. Having taken her words into account, he concluded that she was certainly sincere and didn't appear to have been sent by his sibling. All in all, it was of great relief to him and made him suitably more open to further questioning if she so chose.

"Then the very least I can do is introduce you to Hakon," he continued and pulled himself to his paws. Giving himself a shake and a stretch, he then padded towards her and gave a small, beckoning nod. "Perhaps you'll be able to ascertain how to live up to your own expectations that way," he mused and then shook his head.

"Though don't force it," he said with a smirk. "You'll get nowhere fast and I get the feeling that you Lawspeakers are supposed to be the more levelheaded and temperate sort in comparison to little, old me..."

SilverLutz
Last one from me I think, this seems like a good place to finish up. x3

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces