DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:13 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

"Mm." Volka said, a little taken aback. Her mother was waxing far more philosophical than she had ever heard her do, and it was actually a little uncomfortable. "It sounds like they will be fine blades."

Ethereal magic... But mother doesn't do magic, does she? Father did, but his was different.

"... if she makes the steel, how will you be involved?" the logic of it was odd to her.

"And you didn't answer my question about the crossbow." she was being more direct than usual, but she didn't want to get sidetracked. Not like this. "Are you sure she can make one?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:31 pm
DraconicFeline

"Listen you," She stabbed a finger at her pushy daughter, "I wouldn't have brought Dyakida into this if I thought she could not make what you need, there is nothing that woman cannot do and you shall respect her over and above me, is that clear?"

She had dropped the perpetually distracted attitude that followed her around like a nimbus. "I am involved with the blades because they were my idea, not because there will be any magic of my own involved except for that intangible stuff that is not physical. Like love."

She glared, "Now do you want me to get a hold of her or not?"  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:35 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

"I see."

Volka watched her mother warily - she had never made Iroia angry before. It was striking, definitely, and Volka could see why she was so feared.

But Volka had lived with, effectively, a wild animal for about half of her life, and she refused to let herself be intimidated. She crossed her arms and looked at her mother with cool defiance.

"It was a reasonable question to ask." she said, her voice clipped. "I would like to see her though, yes." It would probably be best to ask the blacksmith herself. She would have a better idea of her own capabilities.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 pm
DraconicFeline

Iroia hadn't been this aggravated in about 9 years, it felt good, hot, firey...she had been living in a pink bubble for so long, but the one she was grouchy with happened to be giving her the exact same frown that she herself had worn at that age and it was driving her insane.

She was teetering on the point of showing her daughter what she was capable of which Volka had never seen or saving it for a time when it was actually needed. If only her husband were here right now. Votzhem was the best thing for calming her down, that deep base rumble of a voice, yes, picture him, not this infernal spawn.. between her sweet Arron falling off his rocker so to speak and her older daughter hitting puberty...what was she to do... probably cuddle Selvei and hope he stayed sweet...unlike the rest of them!

Or, or if Rue were here she could battle him and get all sweaty and feel good.

She nodded at her daughter, not trusting words to come through her mouth before stalking away to chop ..vegetables...  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:10 pm
Aukai Oceansoul
Fin?

Volka's stomach felt like it was falling into a black hole as her mother's face twitched and her green eyes blazed, but she kept it off of her face.

Do not show fear.

Were the words that echoed in her head, her own voice.

Do not show unease.

Stand strong. The storm will pass.

She watched her mother leave. So...

Was that a yes? Volka decided to take it as one. And if not, she would ask her father about Dyakida the blacksmith. He would surely take her there, if her mother would not.

For now, she left her mother be, feeling a lot more... settled... than before. Lighter. More sure. Crossbow... The idea of it felt good in her mind. Maybe someone in the village had one she could try before she met with the blacksmith?

Volka set off to find out.  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces