Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
Battle Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

In the Garden of Monsters
Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:10 pm
And perhaps to Ares' surprise, Ryzza would not instantly fall over and die. It wasn't poison after all! What was the point of poisoning a student's Pokemon before the battle even started? "Thank you so much, friendo!" Daydream remarked brightly. "I know that's a weird thing to ask you, but I promise, you'll thank me later. Maybe. I mean, if you beat me, you don't reallyyyyy have a reason to come back here, buuuuut..." The playful spirit didn't really seem to be able to focus, but even a derailed train can find its way back to the tracks. "Alrighty then! All that together... let's get this murder party on the road! Tackle the berry!"

But the order would be ignored, at least for a moment. The Makuhita laughed gently at Ryzza's actions-- not out of unkindness, but rather appreciative of her friendly and accommodating nature. A rather thing to see in this Academy... he hoped she'd be able to hold onto it. /The potion is for your protection, Miss Ryzza. You aren't like the inhabitants of this room; you are still... yourself./ He'd return her bow a bit more gracefully despite his pudgy build. /My name is Mochi, and it will be a pleasure to be your opponent./

"Moch'? Buddy? Don't keep the nice student waiting! If you want to talk, I'll let you have a sleepover with Nightmare's headless Ponyta later, mmkay? There was a steely edge to Nightmare's generally affable tone.

To the point as ever. The Makuhita sighed, allowing his muscles to relax, before bouncing on his toes in a fighter's stance. With a warcry, he flung himself at the Bounsweet in a Tackle!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mochi [M]
Lv 2 Makuhita
Nature: Jolly
Stats:
HP: 15/15/PP:15/ATK:8/DEF:6/SPD:7/SP-ATK:5/SP-DEF:6
MOVES:
- Focus Energy
- Tackle
- Bullet Punch
- Foresight

London the Carbink

[[No worries about the edit! The only time anyone here really has a particular issue about editing is with folks who edit in the contents of their post (as in, actions taken) after rolling. We've had folks who will roll, and THEN edit in their post, which gets dicey. Quoting can be a bit fussy, so I appreciate you doing so.

As I explained last post, I'll be attacking first. Now I'll explain how damage is calculated, and give some examples. It's mostly just simple math, though this isn't accounting for things like the Aim Modifier, weakness, resistances, and move-specific mechanics.

[Attacker Accuracy Roll - Defender Accuracy Roll] + [ Relevant ATK + Relevant DEF] = DMG.

Your attack accuracy is determined by two things-- your dice rolls, and your aim modifier. You'll be rolling 1D20 by using the Post Action: Roll Dice function. If you roll higher than your opponent while attacking, the attack will be successful. Alternatively, if you're defending, and you roll higher than your opponent, the attack will miss.

However, as a trainer, you've got something called an Aim Modifier, which is currently 5. By nature of being a trainer, your Pokemon has better focus when attacking. This translates to adding +5 to your attack rolls during battle. Keep in mind this is for attack only, not while defending.

Let's just do a couple examples. Say I roll a 15 for attack with Tackle, and you roll a 10 for defense. Damage calculation is as follows--

[11-10]+[8-7] = 2 DMG!

Pretty easy. Let's reverse that. Say you roll 15 for an attack with Play Rough and I roll a 10 for defense. (Let's just assume I didn't hit you the turn before to keep things simple.) Because of your Aim Modifier, the damage calc is...

[[11+5]-10] + [6-6] = 6 * 2 = 12 DMG! (the multiplier is for Figthing's x2 weakness to fairy)

I know I'm throwing a lot at you right now, but it's mostly just background. You'll see how stuff works as we battle, and I'll be doing the damage calc. For now, the important bit is that you'll be rolling a D20 next turn, and defending. Got it?]]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:15 pm
"Hey there, little buddy!" A cheerful voice echoed out from the depths of the darkness, though no one would emerge from the shadows with it. "My name's Daydream and it's abso-diddly-lutely wonderful to meet you!" Despite the unnecessary superlative, it seemed he meant the words... in the very least, his cheeriness matched the remark. "I'll be your instructor for your introductory battle at the Akumu Academy! Congratulations for making it this far, by the way! Unfortunately for you, you aren't quiiiiiiiiite a member yet-- you're going to have to beat me in a fight first!" He'd give a bright giggle. "Though we aren't quite there yet, hang on..."

In short order, two things happened. A Skitty sauntered out of the darkness, his tail swishing back and forth. He kept a close eye on both Alia and Shan, staring curiously at his opponents. After a moment, he'd bow his head respectfully.. Not seconds after, a strange metallic grinding noise broke the silence of the room... emitting right in front of Alia's' feet. A potion sat before her, filled with a thick silver liquid that glittered despite the dim lighting.

"There we go! Sorry about that, the Room's doing her best, but I'm the only one on duty right now because my roommate's, uh, "distracted". Annnnnnnyway. The battle!" Apparently, Daydream was easily distracted himself. "Before we get started, I'm going to need you to get your Poochie to drink that potion. It's toooootally not poison. Really! I super duper swear!" Once again, a questionable choice of words... but he sounded sincere. As sincere as a terrifyingly-enthusiastic disembodied voice COULD, at least. "I can't actually start the battle until your Pokemon drinks it... and once it has, we can have lots of fighting! So pretty please?"

Squeakers [M]
Lv 2 Skitty
Nature: Calm
Stats:
HP: 14/14/PP:17/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Icy Wind
- Growl
-
-

jackiee153

[[Hello there! I'll be giving the tutorial for the moment. Starting at the beginning...

Akumu Academy runs off a turn-based combat system. The Pokemon with the highest speed stat goes first; therefore, I'll be attacking first. In the event of tied speed, the Pokemon attack at the same time, and whoever lands the hit will go into defense next turn. When I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend. And so on, switching until someone's Pokemon can't fight anymore.

Attack turns are defined by "using moves"; status moves like Leer and Growl can be used during attack turns. Defending means evading, blocking, distracting, or otherwise trying to avoid getting hit; it does NOT mean using a move.

A Pokemon's stats are to be posted at the beginning of the battle, for reference, just like you've done.

I'll cover damage calculation next post. Battle hasn't started yet, so don't worry about dice for the moment. Formatting looks okay on my end, though I might suggest using 'imgleft' instead of 'IMG' and then 'align=left' ; it doesn't stretch the page.]]

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

London the Carbink rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:55 am
Let's get this on! And I hope I got higher roll. whee Sarry! heart

a r e sxxchrysanthemum

heart xxWhere am I?: Battle Room ///// Travel Post: 1/10 xx heart
heart xxCurrent mood: Having a little bit of struggle in speech. ///// With whom?: Ryzza, Daydream, Mochi. xx heart

The Team

To his relief, the vial didn't actually make Ryzza fall over or die in an instant, nor does it show that she has been poisoned for something, but we can't be really sure, maybe the poison takes some couple of minutes to work. He couldn't really trust Daydream entirely and just follow what he will be doing. First of all, Ares couldn't see him which is a little bit weird and second two things appeared - a Pokemon and a vial - which is very suspicious. But he won't say anything about it and just let it continue, yet he is still on his guard. And if you really describe Daydream in a word it would be a complete weirdo. Was it two words? Oh well, Daydream does really fit that description. Even to the way he is talking and all the shenanigans his voice possess.

Ryzza looked at the Makuhita as she couldn't believe what he said. So the vial that she just drank was for her protection, but from what? Well, the Pokemon just shrugged it off. What he even said after that was rather strange but who was she to judge. She's just a little Pokemon. Hearing from those words of Makuhita, she really wished her trainer could understand her so that she could let him understand that it was for the good. Minutes later, she learned that the name of the Makuhita that she will be battling for today is 'Mochi' and she even found the name very cute! >Mochi! I like the sound of that.< She commented afterwards the introduction and again smiled cutely.

Before he could even, comprehend what just happened, Daydream ordered Makuhita to use Tackle and apparently he called the Makuhita as Moch... Was that his name? It was a little cute that it made Ares to be focused on the Pokemon. 'No... I can't let him see that I am weak for cute things.' He thought and reverted his expression back to being cold in just a matter of split seconds. 'I really hope Daydream didn't see it or I will have to hear him talk again.' Ares continued his thought. Not letting his Bounsweet getting damage from the attack, he ordered. "Distract the Makuhita by doing anything... 'cute.'" He struggled at the last word, he just couldn't say it without having his expression soften.

Hearing her trainer talk of distracting the Makuhita, Ryzza looked at the opposing Pokemon apologetically. >Sorry for this!< She yelled over but not as strong enough to be called as an insult or taunt. After that, she started to do her 'cute' routine. The first was jumping up and down while putting on a very happy face. The next came when the Makuhita got near, she tried to make fun of her face, by showing Mochi different expressions: sad, angry, happy, disappointed, ecstatic and anything just to distract the opposing Pokemon from attacking her.

His Pokemon:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ryzza Lv. 2
Bounsweet [F]
Stats: HP:14/14/PP:/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:6/SP-ATK:5/SP-DEF:7
Moves:
      ♡ Splash
      ♡ Play Rough
      ♡ Synthesis

Exp: 0/75

Items: ╭☆╯

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:17 pm
"D'awwww. Weaponized cuteness! There may be a talented fighter in you yet, little fella!" The Makuhita had stopped mid-bounced, distracted byt Ryzza's adorable actions, and it seemed his trainer was just as susceptible to her sweet charms.... albeit it in his own, bizarre way. "I'm proud of you, kiddo! Most of the time, boys your age are practically TERRIFYING of cuteness! Why, I remember when my roommate Nightmare was but a wee sprite, the easiest way to send him screaming from the room was by confronting him with and Igglybuff... mwhehehe, good times, good times... The disembodied voice would giggle more, lost in the memories, before returning to his garrulous self. "So you're a fan of cute stuff, eh? Good on you! That hoodie is absoutely delightful on you, for the record... But let's see if we can get some cute and deadly. Mochi! Stay light on your feet!!"

/You don't need to tease the kid!/ Mochi didn't seem even a little upset that he'd missed the Bounsweet; he'd actually flashed the round grass-type a smile as he'd stumbled to a halt. Instead, his rancor was focused at his "trainer". /Let him be./

"Neverrrrrr! Mwhehehe... and don't you have an order, Mochi?"

The Makuhita sighed, rubbing his temples before suddenly bouncing on the balls of his feet. He hopped from side to side, arms up in a defensive position as though to ward off any assault. Still, he'd give another grin. /See if you can hit me!/ he called as he sped up, becoming a little yellow blur.

Mochi [M]
Lv 2 Makuhita
Stats:
HP: 15/15/PP:15/ATK:8/DEF:6/SPD:7/SP-ATK:5/SP-DEF:6
MOVES:
- Focus Energy
- Tackle
- Bullet Punch
- Foresight

London the Carbink

[[Missed! And hey, it's technically our hope you beat us! At least in this opening battle... at that, it's a free-for-all. But you can't avoid getting hit forever. Sooner or later, you'll take damage, and when you do, there're a few things you need to know. Taking damage in this guild doesn't stop at 0. If a Pokemon takes damage, and it goes below -7, the Pokemon will die. The potion your Pokemon imbibed will rescue your starter from death, but only once, and it won't last forever, so be careful. There are some events and items that can revive the dead, but they're very rare, so don't count on them. Ghost Pokemon cannot die; can't kill what's already dead!

Unsurprisingly, damage taken can be healed by things like potions and berries. You don't have any at the moment, but they can be found if you look for them. if you intend to use a healing item, you'll need to wait until your attack turn. Using an item effectively takes the place of your attack turn, so you couldn't use Play Rough AND give your Bounsweet a Potion at the same time.

Now, your turn to attack!]]

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:57 pm
 User Image
♧Alia Ling♧

Her team:

User Image

Shan [M]
Lv 2 Poochyena
Nature
: Brave
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:7/SPD:6/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:6
MOVES:
- Poison Fang
- Leer
-
-
EXP: 0/75

Alia was not particularly surprised by the faceless voice. She had come in with an 'expect the unexpected' mentality. She was bound and determined to succeed at Akumu. No invisible voice, or anyone else for that matter, was going to keep her from that. "Daydream? That is a nice name, it is nice to meet you!" she said with a light smile on her face. She watched as the little pink Skitty emerged from the shadows and looked down at Shan, curious of his reaction. Then when the potion appeared, Alia crouched down to look at it. She wasn't checking it to see if it was poison or anything, but was simply curious and intrigued by its silvery color. She then offered it to Shan. "I'm sure you will be fine. It would be stupid of them to poison their new students." Alia believed the words she said, but couldn't help but wonder if this enterence exam set them up for failure or something on purpose. Was this maybe to keep them from dying? Especially since the voice said 'then we could have lots of fighting' surely it was something along those lines? Alia hoped not, even if this potion helped, she hated the idea of losing her first battle. Of course, she also knew that losing was one of the best paths to wisdom. Still, Shan was her partner and she didn't want him to have to go through that. Regardless, she was confident that they would be fine one way or another.

Shan looked cautiously at the Skitty and sniffed the air a bit. He was not afraid by any means, but he was cautious and preparing for the upcoming fight. Still, he was respectful. He returned the Skitty's bow saying, >It is good to meet you, I am looking forward to our match.< He looked at the slivery liquid a bit uncertain but he agreed with Alia's judgement and drank it all the same.

"Good boy! Let's put up a good fight, yeah?" She said, petting the top of his head then standing back up. "Alright, so that is done! Anything else? Or is it time to get this show on the road?"

Ooc: Awesome! Thank you! Playing a bit more with the formatting, I figure it will probably just be changing until I get it to where I like it and such! smile

London the Carbink rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 pm

a r e sxxchrysanthemum

heart xxWhere am I?: Battle Room ///// Travel Post: 1/10 xx heart
heart xxCurrent mood: Embarrassment and Determination. ///// With whom?: Ryzza, Daydream and Mochi xx heart

The Team

Under the shade of his hood with a cat-like ears, he watched how his Bounsweet's cute routines made the opposing Pokémon Mochi stop on his tracks instead of this. Ares' eyes sparkled in delight and cute little smile crept up onto his face. 'I think we are gonna win this for sure.' He thought, shifting his gaze unto Ryzza and silently thanking her for that wonderful execution of movements. This happiness and determination would continue if it wasn't for the creepy voice saw one of his weakness. Of course, Ares could've taken that into note that since this Daydream couldn't be seen, this bodiless voice will see him. Feeling a blush and embarrassment creeping up to his face, his smile faded and he pulled his hood down on revealing his mouth.

Ryzza on the other hand congratulated herself on making Mochi stop from tackling her. Her expressions were just too damn cute to not make anyone hesitate before attacking her and the small round body she possesses is an added plus. When the disembodied Daydream commented and complimented her - if it was really - she slowly bowed as if she was on a stage doing her coordinator competition routine. >I could be a Pokémon for a coordination competition!< She exclaimed and that's when it hit her. Ryzza suddenly had a feeling that she was a Pokémon for a coordinator's competition but when? She tried to remember but failed to. She sighed and plastered a smiling face.

Daydream ordered his Makuhita again, it seems that he was making the Makuhita dodge the attacks of Ryzza. 'On the defensive now? Alright.' He thought. Daydream and his Pokémon were trying to make a conversation because the Makuhita's sounds were more directed to the disembodied voice. 'Doesn't matter.' He thought and slowly raising his hood, still embarrassed and opened his mouth to speak, "Ryzza. Play Rough." His order was small and quick.

Ryzza nodded her head after hearing this and bounced using her round body. She still bounced gracefully and made cute expressions towards the Makuhita. She stopped when she was near Mochi and watched the fast movements Makihita made. It was as if he became very blur to the Bounsweet. Grabbing back the attention to herself. She winked at the light-feeted Makuhita. A white cloud covers the Makuhita and Ryzza jumped inside the cloud. After entering, she would repeatedly jump on the Makuhita, trying to deal damage to him. While Ryzza was dealing damage, hearts and stars animately came out of the cloud. She then came ot of the cloud without knowing what happened to the Makuhita.

After Ryzza do her attack, the embarrassment level came down. He slowly raised his hood back on his head, giving Daydream wherever he is get a full front view of Ares's whole face. Whatever the result was, Ares believes that his Bounsweet did a good job and that it dealt damage to the Makuhita.

His Pokemon:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ryzza Lv. 2
Bounsweet [F]
Stats: HP:14/14/PP:/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:6/SP-ATK:5/SP-DEF:7
Moves:
      ♡ Splash
      ♡ Play Rough
      ♡ Synthesis

Exp: 0/75

Items: ╭☆╯

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:41 pm
User Image
CORRUPTION

Something comes out of the ground beneath your feet, a pool of darkness that climbs swiftly up your legs to curl around your arms and pin them to your side. Without a second thought, it would swiftly pull you into the ground ... and deep into the pool of darkness itself.

If your pokemon did not run after you, if it was out and about, a tentacle of darkness would whip back out to grab your pokemon and pull it down into the darkness after you.

(Make one final post here, and then the next in the Corruption area when it opens up)  
Sanctuary

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff