Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
Battle Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
CosplayerMania rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 pm
User Image

Though she didn't want any of those things to happen, even if she wasn't sure her trainer would mind being a Nurse Joy, they weren't exactly consequences for her. /..There's a Giratina in the basement of this school? I haven't heard that in my time here./ As one of the options for new recruits to choose from, she thinks she would've heard something like that. But then again, they weren't often let out of their balls, much less taken from the section of the Academy the distribution center was in. It wouldn't be too surprising if they weren't privy to any of the school secrets.

With a pleased grin, Ivy laughs along with him. "Aw shucks Daydream, you're gonna boost my ego here! Please, do go on~." Watching the Swablu with an attentive eye, she waits to instruct Nymph. "A layabout, huh? Then it probably wouldn't be too hard to get on their good side by offering them my cupcakes, hopefully. Maybe I'll be able to score permissions to use the kitchens, they've gotta be huge here.." Despite her thoughtful trailing off at the end there, she is able to tune right back in to the battle.

Agility? That wouldn't be good to allow, so Ivy points to Nymph. "Nymph, don't let Circus build up speed! Knock it off course with Bubble!" At least with him moving in circles, it'd hopefully be easier to land more of the bubbles for more damage. Puffing in, Nymph lets out a mouthful of bubbles aimed for the Swablu.

Pokemon:
User Image
Pokemon: Frillish [F]
Level 2
Nature: Modest
Stats:
HP:5/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7(+2=9)/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-
EXP: 0/75

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

In the Garden of Monsters

((I'll probably only counter if I can afford to take double damage, trying it when I'm already desperate might be bad news for any other Pokemon aside from Frillish))

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 pm
/I mean, there was? Maybe?/ It was unclear if CIrcus was a reliable source of information, whether he was just messing with Nymph, or whether his memory was just poor. /I mean, there's been some weird stuff on this campus. There was the undiscovered Castform form who kept electrocuting people, and that time everyone got eaten by the internet, and the Zoroark who resurrected the dead... I'm just saying keep your eyes out. You seem pretty sharp, so it's up to you to keep your trainer safe./

"Bribing her with cupcakes will definitely work," Daydream remarked, thinking back to the Viridian Professor. At the mention of kitchens, he'd giggle slightly. "I don't know much about the kitchens proper, but I do" think you should check out the Vermillion Division main classroom at some point. I know the Vermillion Professor was a chef before getting recruited by the Academy, and I've heard some... interesting cooking goes on there." He'd chortle, before dropping back into the battle. "Get up higher, Circus!"

Easily distracted, Circus would begin to before odd figure-eights in an attempt to throw off the Frillish.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Nature: Jolly
Stats:
HP:12/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:8/SPD:7 (9)/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((Counter attacks can be really helpful, but you're right in that you either need to have a bit of HP to burn, or you need to be pretty sure your roll will be high enough to keep alive. I've had a student kill their starter not once, but twice with poor counter timing.

PP is not used at the moment; we'll point out when you need to start deducting it, but for now, it's just there to look pretty.

While you can't catch the Swablu right now (not just because Ivy doesn't have a Pokeball), you will eventually be able to catch Pokemon. It requires you to have a ball with you. Catching is simple; throw the ball and roll a D20. If you roll higher than the wild Pokemon's capture rate, you catch them! If you aren't sure what the Pokemon's capture rate is, ask whoever's modding your battle.))

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:30 pm
User Image[(17+5)-1] + [8-8] = 21 DMG! Circus is at -9 HP!

Nymph took the claims with a grain of salt, though she did store them for future reference to be prepared anyways. At the compliment, she flusters a bit, but not enough to stop the flow of bubbles as she tries to spray it to where he is and possibly will be. When the attack runs out, she calls up to him. /I'm not any sharper than anyone else, but I'll be sure to watch over her to the best of my abilities./

At the confirmation that her main tactic for becoming a teacher's pet would work with her division teacher, she gives a small fist pump of victory. "Yess, perfect! Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely give it a look! I hope their Professor will let me cook there, even if I'm not in the class." Tracking the bubbles and the movement of the Swablu, Ivy's eyes go wide as she realizes what's about to happen. It looks like Circus' current path is going to take it right into a heap of the bubbles that shot up to its height just in time.

The sound of bubbles popping with mild explosive force rings out a bit, and with starstruck eyes Ivy squeals and hops up and down. "Nymph, that was awesome! Great positioning, girl!" Nymph just looks a bit surprised and embarrassed about the praise, and both girls look towards Circus to see its fate after the hit.

Pokemon:
User Image
Level 2
Stats:
HP:5/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7(+2=9)/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

((Ohh snaaap, a 1! Though with my roll it won't even get to fumble, holy heck! And Bubble would've even slowed it down, too. I don't need to roll again, right? This is essentially battle over
And I believe I fully understand everything you've told me now, is there anything left to learn that you have for me, sensei biggrin D))

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:58 pm
Nymph gains 67 EXP!

Circus's momentum combined with the fact that one of Nymph's bubbles had landed right in his mouth before exploding in his throat meant that the Swablu ended up falling to the ground like stone. He'd flop uselessly on the ground for a few moments, feebly beating his wings on the floor, before lying still as a statue. But before the moment ceased, he'd give the Frillish a friendly wink... even if death, he couldn't hold a grudge.

And perhaps he'd been right about his death lacking consequences, for his body would fade into the shadows. "Well done!" Daydream cheered. He might have lost, but that was a good thing! Ahh, how it warmed his non-existent heart to see little trainers progressing. "Congratulations, little buddy, and welcome to Akumu Academy! You're one of us now... which means you've still got a bit of work to do! Now, I can't come with you, but I think you'll be able to find the Auditorium yourself, which has plenty of good information about what you need to do before going to your classroom." He'd give a light chuckle, and as the darkness pulled in closer to Ivy, he'd remark, "Best of luck out there. They aren't all as nice as me."

Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Nature: Jolly
Stats:
HP:12/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:8/SPD:7 (9)/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((Just a few little odds and ends left! And you were right, you didn't need to roll!

Held items like berries and in-game items must be given to the Pokemon before battle starts, like in the games,

As you've seen and done, Pokemon are capable of communicating between each other, and can use their own forms of speech. Humans cannot understand Pokemon (generally), but Pokemon can understand humans. There will be some exceptions in the future, but for now, that's where it stands.

Occasionally while battling or doing other things that require rolling, you might forget to roll. And that's okay! Just quote your post and roll then. Don't delete your posts; given the nature of our guild, that can be construed as cheating.

When leaving a thread to go to another, please have something at the bottom of your post like - Exiting to Place - , just so we can keep track of you.

That should be it! If there's anything I haven't covered or that you have questions about, please ask! We know it's a lot of information in a short period of time, so we don't mind questions! ))

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:22 am
User Image

The excitement from the win could almost make Ivy 'yeehaw', hoot, and holler. Instead, she settles for skipping up to her Frillish, grasping her hand fins as soon as she turns around, and then twirling them around. "Nymph, you're a wonderful Pokemon! I'm so glad I picked you, I first picked you because you're pretty and match my look but you're just amazing!" For her part, Nymph looks more and more embarrassed, shaking her head at the spray of praise and freeing a hand to pat at her chest and then Ivy's in a gesture of 'both'. How modest of her.

Eyes alight, Ivy smiles around the room as Daydream gives his final word of welcome and advice. Releasing Nymph from her hold, she places a hand on her chest and gives the cheesiest look she can must. "But, Daydream, of course you can come with me. You'll always be with me now, in my heaaart. Heehee! Thank you for the fun battle and conversation, I'll come back to visit you and show you any new Pokemon I get, and tell you of my exploits!"

Pulling out Nymph's pokeball, she recalls the Frillish back into it before turning on her heel to exit the Battle Room, whistling cheerily. Before the Auditorium, she's got to heal up her friend here.

~Exit to Pokecenter~

Pokemon:
User Image
Level 2
Stats:
HP:5/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-
EXP: 67/75

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

((Thank you so much for being so attentive and taking care of me for my entire beginning! I appreciate it and your roleplaying style, it's so much fun *w*
Thank you for the handy dandy link, and I'll be sure to ask lots of questions if I am confused about anything))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:27 pm
User Image
natsuki

Natsuki nervously tugged her scarf up over her mouth and nose. A habit that would have sent her mother into a sighing fit and talking about how unfortunate it was her meek daughter insisted on hiding her pretty face, and how she ought to be standing up straighter, that there was a time and place for looking weak, but this wasn't it... ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. Hadn't Natsuki come here to get her mother out of her head? Not that she wasn't half-expecting her mother to come striding out of the shadows, clad in in that one dress she wore on undercover missions where she intended to be caught, Ryoko crawling with that smug lizard smirk. Out of habit, she halted, listening carefully.

... nah, she was probably just being paranoid. Besides, her mother would have shown up by now. She continued to fidget with her scarf, findign what she was looking for: a Weedle curled up against her throat. Some people might not have wanted a poisonous bug so close to their vulnerable veins, but Chouko had learned early on not to poke (even if Mother had considered trying to build Natsuki's poison immunity early). She patted the little bug, who began to lazily nibble her finger, and waited for her instructor to appear.

Where?: Battle Room
With?: Chouko, ?
Mood: Excited, Nervous

"Chouko"
                                        User Image
                                        Weedle [F]
                                        Lv 2
                                        Nature: Brave
                                        Stats:
                                        HP:14/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:6/SPD:6/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:6
                                        MOVES:
                                        - Poison Sting
                                        - String Shot
                                        -
                                        -

Grey Moonfang IV

Obscure Background Noise

Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 pm
Obscure Background Noise

Darkness would yield to light as a set of electric spotlights would flicker to life on the ceiling. The shadows pushed to the edge, the girl would find that she was standing on one side of a large circle painted to resemble a PokeBall. It would seem that this was to be the battleground...but where was their instructor?

"GWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! FINALLY! SOME FRESH MEAT!" A deep, malicious voice cackled "Oh what will you look like, battered and broken upon the floor~" Well someone was enjoying himself; yet try though she might, the child would not be able to locate the actual source of these words.

"Down to business..." The voice went low for a moment before it would announce with malicious glee "Step right up, AND WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE!!!! GWAAHAHAHAAHHAHAA!!!!"

As if acting on cue to those words, a Shelmet would hop out from the darkness. Sliding into place, the Pokemon would raise the visor of it's shell and announce ">This is our Coup-de-Gravy!<"

An instant later, and without a word of warning, a dark would streak through the air and embed itself into the girl's Weedle, injecting it with a thick green liquid. "As much as I'll enjoy smearing you across the walls, I wouldn't want you dying TOO easily now...."

"Gravy, use Absorb! Dry them into a little buggy prune!" Oh sure sucking them dry wasn't as fun as emptying them of all that lovely red blood, but it was certainly graphic and delightfully slooooooooow.

">Aye, sir!<" The Shelmet would reply, tilting his shell and causing the visor to close. Watching the Weedle from behind 'closed doors' his body would begin to glow green, the same glow appearing on the Weedle's body and rising into the air!

[Time for our fun little tutorial!]

[First off I'll explain that Akumu uses a Turn-Based Combat System. This means that we take turns attacking and defending. Thus if I Attack, you Defend. If you Attack, I Defend. Keep in mind that Defending means you try to Evade, Block, or Disrupt your opponent's move. You do NOT use a move yourself.]

[Turn order is decided by SPD. Whoever has the highest SPD will take the first turn. In the case both Pokemon have the same SPD, such as right now, both Pokemon will Attack at the same time. The Pokemon that HITS their Target will then Defend. The Pokemon who missed will then try to attack again.]

[Now let's talk about Aim/Accuracy. There are two parts to this.]

[The first part is a Dice Roll. Each turn whether you're Attacking or Defending you will roll 1D20 using the Post Action -Roll Dice Function. This is called an Accuracy Roll. If you roll higher than your opponent while Attacking, the Attack will hit. Alternatively if you're Defending and you roll higher than your opponent, the attack will MISS causing no damage.]

[The second factor in aim is the A.M. This is short for Aim Modifier. Trainers, being able to direct their Pokemon to superior effect than a Wild Encounter, have greater aim. Basically what this means is that when you ATTACK you will get an additional +5 to your Roll increasing your odds of both hitting the target, and dealing greater damage.]

[Any questions so far?]

Shelmet [M]
Gravy, Lv 2
Nature
: Bold
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:17/ATK:6/DEF:9/SPD:9/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Absorb
- Gastro Acid
-
-

Obscure Background Noise rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 pm
User Image
natsuki

Natsuki was quite grateful for the scarf covering her mouth, as it covered most of her worried yelp. She scanned the darkness for whoever was speaking, but found no one. Which didn't mean anything; he could have just been a master of stealth like her mother. She listened carefully as she took a step forward. "Nice to meet you," she said in as neutral a voice possible. No point in agitating her instructor now... even if he seemed like he was about to bust a rib laughing.

Despite her mother's best teachings, she flinched when the dart whizzed by her face, just barely missing her chin. "Chouko?" she asked quickly, not daring to take her eye off the Shelmet that just... appeared.

The Weedle gave a wiggle, climbing out of her scarf without a worry. That was weird, but also not the weirdest thing she'd ever seen. She'd been in her trainer's mother's bedroom.

Satisfied, Natsuki would drop back into a crouched stance. "Guess we're going, then?" she asked rhetorically, tugging down the scarf. "Chouko, Poison Sting." She forced her breathing to keep even and steady; this was it. If she failed, she had to go crawling back home. So she couldn't lose...

Without climbing down from her owner's article of clothing, the Weedle wiggled herself out and focused right on the weird bug. /Let's go, metalhead!/ she cried and spat a little stinger right at her opponent.

With?: Chouko, ?
Mood: Excited, Nervous

"Chouko"
                                        User Image
                                        Weedle [F]
                                        Lv 2
                                        Stats:
                                        HP:14/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:6/SPD:6/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:6
                                        MOVES:
                                        - Poison Sting
                                        - String Shot
                                        -
                                        -

Grey Moonfang IV

((looks a little complicated, but i'll get it, i hope!))  

Obscure Background Noise

Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:25 pm
Obscure Background Noise

[First of all I'd like to apologize for taking so long to reply, the last few days have been somewhat busy/distracting.I can assure you from here forward posting should be a bit more regular/consistent.]

[Additionally for damage calculation, see the instructions near the bottom of the post.]

The Weedle's efforts were good, but clearly she wasn't used to handling a well armored opponent. With a sharp 'tink' the Bug-type's needle would bounce off her opponent's Shell. Meanwhile the Chouko would feel as if her body had grown a little tighter, as if a bit of moisture and life had been sucked out of her. It wasn't much thanks to her body's high resistance to such attacks, but it was still clear who had won this first conflict.

Meanwhile the instructor watched and merely sighed. All he saw here were two pitiful bugs batting at one another ineffectively. No blood, nor carnage, no SQUASHING. He wanted splatter, and instead he was getting failed acupuncture and bad skin care. "Shoulda used the Tyranitar..." The voice muttered dryly. Stupid rules about 'fairness' and talk about 'not murdering kids outright'. BAH. "Gravy boat....defend..." The instructor didn't seem particularly interested.

The Shelmet however would cry dutifully ">Aye, sir!<" Before clamping the 'visor' of his shell shut. From there the well covered insect would do....absolutely nothing! Born with such a naturally sturdy body, he didn't have a need for such fancy maneuvers as evading of subterfuge.

[In the previous post I explained Turn Order & Aim. For this one I'll show you how this effects Damage Calculation. I'll also explain Criticals & Fumbles]

[Damage Calculation follows a fairly simple mathematical formula]

(Attacker Accuracy Roll - Defender Accuracy Roll) + (ATK - DEF) = DMG

[Keep in mind the above doesn't include the Aim Modifier, or additional factors like Weakness/Resistance or move specific mechanics. Additionally for moves like Absorb or Ember, SP-ATK/SP-DEF are used instead of ATK/DEF obviously.]

[Now with the way our rolls and the previous turn went, the math goes like this. Since it was your attack you'll receive the A.M during calculation, but normally when taking Damage you wont.]

(7 + 5) = 12

(17 - 12) + (7 - 6) = 6 /4 (Resistance) = 1.5 (round) = 2 DMG

Chouko HP: 12/14

[Shelmet gained 1 HP! But Shelmet's HP is full!]

[I know this all looks rather complicated, but it's fairly simple. Especially after some practice. ]

[Now we move on to Criticals and Fumbles.]

[When you roll a natural 20 you will receive a "Critical". What this does is your Pokemon will gain +1 to their roll when attacking or defending, whichever turn they rolled the Critical on, for the remainder of the battle or until they are swapped out. To clarify if you rolled a 20 when attacking you will gain +1 to your Attack Roll. If you rolled it on your defense you'd get +1 to your Defense Roll.]

[A Fumble is the opposite of a Critical. Occurring when you roll a 1, you will obtain a modifier of -1 to your Roll. Like the Critical it will only effect the turn type when you actually rolled the 1.]

[Any questions so far?]

Shelmet [M]
Gravy, Lv 2
Nature
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:17/ATK:6/DEF:9/SPD:9/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Absorb
- Gastro Acid
-
-

Obscure Background Noise rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:56 pm
User Image
natsuki

"Chouko!" Natsuki yelped, glancing down at the little bug. She'd felt the energy rushing past her, and worried about the power of that blow.

/Eat me, trashcan/ grumbled the Weedle, who slipped from her trainer's neck. She'd rather not bring the ditzy girl into the actual battling. She paused, tilting her head to the side. /Actually, don't eat me. Do as little eating of me as possible. I'm full of toxins, and... cholesterol. I'm terribly unhealthy./ Half bravado, half nerves.

Seeing her Pokemon wasn't out for the count, Natsuki managed to relax a bit. She knew her poor choices left her at a serious disadvantage... even if the Instructor was taking pity on her, Chouko had a tough battle ahead of her. Which meant Natsuki needed to do... something. An order than her brain interpreted as babble mindlessly. "So... where are you?" she asked, words spilling out of her nervously. "I mean, are you in the room? Outside? Giving orders via intercom from a remote location?" She'd peer into the darkness curiously, hoping for a glimpse of something, be it her mysterious mentor or more opponents. "Am I being recorded? Is that why it's so dark, or can the Academy not afford it? What kind of recording devices? My mother's always said that you have to play extra for recording."

Deciding her trainer's panic would wear itself out whenever she was done airing dirty laundry, Chouko turned her focus back to the Shelmet. Oh, his armor was fine, but even the best defense had a c***k. She'd swing her head forward, sending a sharp Poison Sting

With?: Chouko, Instructor
Mood: Nervous

"Chouko"
                                        User Image
                                        Weedle [F]
                                        Lv 2
                                        Stats:
                                        HP:12/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:6/SPD:6/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:6
                                        MOVES:
                                        - Poison Sting
                                        - String Shot
                                        -
                                        -

Grey Moonfang IV

((i think i get it. lucky you didn't roll any lower this time lol, it woulda been a fumble, right?))  

Obscure Background Noise

Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:38 pm
Obscure Background Noise

(4 + 5) = 9

(9 - 2) + (7 - 9) = 5 DMG

Gravy HP:
9/14

A c***k there was indeed, or rather a small opening where the 'visor' of his shell curled upward a little too sharply. Zipping through hole, the Shelmet would exclaim loudly ">OUCH! Geeze that smarts!<" As his shell opened, it was easy to see little tears of pain forming at the corners of his eyes.

The instructor had other pains to deal with it seemed. Questions. Well he supposed they were in the Cerulean Division. Successors to the mental might of Mudkip! "Where. Am. I? Why child..." The voice began in a sinister purr "...I am in the darkest reaches of your mind. The shadows creeping from the edges of your heart..." The temperature lowered slightly as a clawed hand dug into her shoulder "...I reside....IN YOUR NIGHTMARES! GWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" In an instant the hand would disappear and the temperature would rise. An odd thing that. "And no you're not being recorded. As much as I like to watch, we prefer a lack of evidence beyond the blood stains.....GWAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!" Ah such wondrous carnage. Too bad he wasn't getting any of that here.

"Alright Gravy Boat, suck that Weedle dry with ABSORB!!" The voice commanded sharply.

">Aye, sir!<" The Shelmet cried. This time as the insect tried to steal his opponent's energy, green orbs would begin appearing on the Weedle's skin. Second by second they'd grow larger as more was taken. With any luck they'd all pluck off and float toward him once they were done.

[Next on the list are Items & Death]

[As we just finished explaining Damage, I've chosen to cover Death first.]

[When a Pokemon takes Damage, their HP will not stop at 0. Instead their HP will continue to drop into Negative Numbers for however much Damage remains after 0. If at any time a Pokemon's HP drops lower than -7. To clarify that's -8 or lower, they will DIE.]

[Once a Pokemon is dead no number of Revives or trips to the Pokemon Center will bring them back. There are items that can return a Pokemon to life, however these are exceptionally rare and hard to come by. Better you do your best to avoid the situation all together. So remember to pick your Pokemon wisely when you can.]

[Now on to everyone's favourite...ITEMS!]

[A few basics. Just like in games you cannot use a TM Mid-Battle, and you cannot equip a Held Item Mid-Battle. Only certain Key items may be used during a battle.]

[It is important to note that Items can only be used during your own Attack Turn. Additionally this will use UP your turn. That means you cannot use Poison Sting and a Potion at the same time. You can only use 1.]

[Time for what you've really been waiting for. Catching Pokemon!]

[In order to capture a Pokemon you will need at least 1 Pokeball. Like with other items using a Pokeball will use up your Attack Turn. You also cannot capture a Pokemon that is unconscious.]

[Now when throwing a PokeBall you need to roll 1D20 just like you'd do for an Accuracy Roll. This is instead referred to as a Capture Roll. To successfully Capture a Pokemon it needs to be higher than their Capture Rate. To find out the Capture Rate simply ask the mod in charge of the Pokemon.]

[Let's given example. Say the Capture Rate was 9+. That means you need a roll of 9 or Higher to capture the Pokemon.]

[Also if you FAIL, that is roll too low, you will lose the PokeBall.]

Shelmet [M]
Gravy, Lv 2
Nature
Stats:
HP:9/14/PP:17/ATK:6/DEF:9/SPD:9/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Absorb
- Gastro Acid
-
-

Obscure Background Noise rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:27 pm
User Image
natsuki

Natsuki gave a sharp whistle as Chouko's shot struck true.... which turned into a muffled shriek as a icy, clawed hand dug into her shoulder. Sure, it hadn't poisoned the Shelmet, but it was some progress. This might not have been the most stimulating battle, but she was on the edge of her metaphorical seat... which meant more nervous talking. Maybe she could throw off the cackling voice? "So... are you a Lavender Town Anomaly?" she questioned. "Or maybe... I mean, if you're in my nightmares, there should be more Toucannon screaming at me about taxes... wait, are you a Drowzee? Or a Munna?" She paused. "You're a Munna! That's what all the overcompensating is for, right?" Natsuki wasn't sure if she was trying blackmail her instructor, or if she was just really charmed by the idea of a gothic angry Munna.

Shiny, potentially evil demonbug. Chouko gave a grumpy sigh, and began to roll around on the floor. Maybe she'd could shake off the energy? Or squish them?

With?: Chouko, Instructor
Mood: Nervous, Curious

"Chouko"
                                        User Image
                                        Weedle [F]
                                        Lv 2
                                        Stats:
                                        HP:12/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:6/SPD:6/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:6
                                        MOVES:
                                        - Poison Sting
                                        - String Shot
                                        -
                                        -

Grey Moonfang IV

((death? yowch. pokeball thing makes sense, tho! is there a way to get pokeballs? do we get an allowance for gold or something? how does stealing pokemon work?))  

Obscure Background Noise

Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:52 pm
Obscure Background Noise

Sadly, despite the Shelmet's very best efforts it's attack would fail. Shellder-ing up, the Shelmet would clamp his visor shut as he proclaimed ">Oh applesauce<".

The instructor would breath deeply. Not to calm himself. He was just taking in the small of fear...it was delicious. Oh how he missed this. Too many kids didn't take him seriously, or were desensitized by movies and television. This though? This was the good stuff. Now if there was only some blood to garnish it! "Oh but we fear the unknown don't we child? So why would I want to answer! GWAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!"

It would seem the Shelmet was on his own.

Shelmet [M]
Gravy, Lv 2
Nature
Stats:
HP:9/14/PP:17/ATK:6/DEF:9/SPD:9/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Absorb
- Gastro Acid
-
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm
Blake Koniaris

User Image

Blake walked into the dimly lit room, his partner Pawniard following close behind.
"Hmm, not a very welcoming place in here, is it CheckMate?" Blake asked his new companion pulling his scarf over his mouth.>Pawn-< the small pawn shaped creature uttered in an almost delighted tone. The two casually walked deeper into the room, taking the whole scene in.

((OOC- Sorry it's a bit short, I'm just trying to initiate and encounter before getting into it.))

Pokemon
                      Pokemon: Pawniard [M]
                      Name & Level: Check Mate, Level 2

Temperament: Lax
                      Stats: HP:14/14/PP:/ATK:9/DEF:8/SPD8:/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:6

Moves:
                      - Revenge
                      - Mean Look
                      -
                      -
                      -

BladeTyler_Reborn

Brainy Shapeshifter

8,675 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm
"Howdy ho, little fella!" A cheerful voice chirped out of the shadow, though no source could be found. The room remained just as dark as when Blake first arrived. "It's a pleasure to meetcha, buddy! I'm Daydream, and I'll be your instructor for this first battle here!" He'd give a pleasant albeit ear-piercing whistle before continuing. "Welcome to Akumu Academy! Of course, you aren't a full student yet! Thaaaaaat's because you haven't beaten one of us guardians in the Battle Room, but don't worry! That's what I'm here for~ Well, me and Wiggles."

A Snivy clambered out of the darkness, eyes bright and curious as she observed both Blake and Check Mate. She kept her distance, lashing her tail in agitation. She might have been their opponent, but she wasn't going to rush things. And that wasn't the only thing the young trainer would have to deal with; a strange metallic clanking rang out, and a vial of thick silvery potion manifested right at Blake's feet.

"Of course, we gotta get you set up first! Can't go all out in a first battle, y'know." Daydream chuckled, thinking about his partner in crime. "Soooooo... couldya please get your cute little Pokemon to drink that potion? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase? I can't get the battle started until you do."

User Image
Wiggles [F]
Lv 2 Snivy
Nature: Adamant
Stats:
HP16/16/PP:16/ATK:8/DEF:9/SPD:9/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:9
MOVES:
- Aqua Tail
- Captivate
- Mean Look
Onto aim, which has two parts to it. It's determined by the roll of 1D20 using the Post Action: Roll Dice function. This is your accuracy. If you roll higher than your opponent while attack, the attack will be successful. Alternatively, if you're defending, and you roll higher than your opponent, the attack will miss.

BladeTyler_Reborn

((Hello there! I'll be giving the tutorial for the moment. Starting at the beginning...

Akumu Academy runs off a turn-based combat system. The Pokemon with the highest speed stat goes first; therefore, I'll be attacking first. In the event of tied speed, the Pokemon attack at the same time, and whoever lands the hit will go into defense next turn. When I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend. And so on, switching until someone's Pokemon can't fight anymore.

Attack turns are defined by "using moves"; status moves like Mean Look and Captivate can be used during attack turns. Defending means evading, blocking, distracting, or otherwise trying to avoid getting hit; it does NOT mean using a move.

A Pokemon's stats are to be posted at the beginning of the battle, for reference.

I'll cover damage calculation next post. With me so far? Also, just to let you know, your picture isn't showing up. No direct linking.))

Sanctuary

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff