Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
Battle Room Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:56 pm
The Battle Room

User Image

Welcome one and all to the Battle Room! A strange portion of the Academy, where no matter how hard you try, or how populated you think it should be, you shall only ever see yourself... and whatever enemies you encounter. Here you shall take part in your final test....for some more final than others. It is here where you will take part in your first Pokemon Battle; should you succeed you will then be allowed to complete your application to Akumu Academy.

Good luck, and don't mind the blood stains.

[For those whom need it, this is where you will receive the Tutorial for Akumu Academy's Combat System. ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:57 pm
Battle System

Basics:

- At the start of a battle both Trainers will post the stats for the Pokemon they are going to use. [These include Species, Name, Level, Moves, Etc.]

- Pokemon will take turns Attacking and Defending.

- Which Pokemon Attacks first is decided based on which has the higher SPD stat. In the event Pokemon have an equal SPD stat both Pokemon will attack simultaneously. The winner of this confrontation will then defend, and the loser will be given the change to attack again.

- Accuracy will be determined by rolling 1D20. The Pokemon attacking must roll Higher than the Pokemon defending in order to succeed. If the Pokemon attacking rolls lower than the Pokemon defending the move will fail and their will be no damage.

- Accuracy is also determined by your aim modifier, also referred to as AM. Your initial AM is 5. Your AM may be increased as your journey continues.

- Damage Calculation is done via the following Formula:

((Attacker Accuracy Roll + AM if applicable)- Defender Accuracy Roll) + (Attacker's ATK or SP-ATK - Defender's DEF or SP-DEF.)

- Which Offensive and Defensive Stats are used are determined by the Move. Resistance/Weakness is calculated afterwards.

- When a Pokemon rolls a 20 it is called a Critical. For the remainder of the battle (unless they are switched out or faint) the Pokemon will gain +1 to their rolls for their attack or defense turn, depending on when they rolled the Critical.

- When a Pokemon rolls a 1 it is called a Fumble. For the remainder of the battle (unless they are switched out or faint) the Pokemon will have -1 added to their rolls for their attack or defense turn, depending on when they rolled the Fumble.

Items:

- Items may only be used during your own Attack Turn. Using an Item will also use up your turn. This means you cannot Attack and Use an item.

- TM/HMs and most Key Items cannot be used during Combat. Held Items must be equipped before the start of battle.

- Pokeballs will require the use of 1D20. This is known as a "Capture Roll". To successfully Capture a Pokemon you must roll equal to or higher than the Pokemon's "Capture Rate". To learn a Pokemon's Capture Rate simply ask the Mod presently in charge of the battle. Only Wild Pokemon may be caught.

Death:

- Once a Pokemon's HP reaches 0 it will faint; however HP will not stop dropping simply because it has reached 0. Should at any time your Pokemon's HP drop below -7 they will suffer the death penalty. Once Dead a Pokemon cannot be brought back by Revives or a Pokemon Center. Ghost-Type Pokemon are exempt from the Death Penalty.

CHEATING:

- Deleting a post because of an undesirable roll is considered cheating. As such no student is allowed to delete a post. If you forget to roll simply quote your own post.

A FINAL NOTE:

Pokemon are unintelligible to humans. Your human character may hear the sound of Pokemon, but at this time, they cannot understand them. Pokemon can, however, understand people. Pokemon speech will be denoted with unusual quotation marks. Ex: >Words.< or /Words./  

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:11 pm
The trainer walked into the room. They were a little nervous, wringing their hands in a self-soothing way, but they did their best to walk tall and look directly forward. They needed to make a good impression even if it meant resorting to a few nervous habits to avoid any breakdowns.

((still debating a little what pronouns my trainer will use but i'm sorta leaning towards they/them so ye))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 pm
"Gooooooooooooood morning, kiddo!" A worryingly perky voice echoed out from the depths of the room, emanating seemingly from everywhere and nowhere. If the voice had a body that was in the room, is was completely invisible in the darkness... of course, that was a large if. "What a lovely day for some violence, huh? My name's Daydream, and I'll be your teacher for today!" The voice giggled at some unseen joke... or perhaps it was just too easily amused. "But before we can get started, how about you release your Pokémon? Can't have a battle without Pokémon!... well, I mean, you can. You totally can. But that's not the fighting we're doing right now. ANYWAY." Daydream interrupted itself, finally catching up to the present. "Release your Pokémon, kiddo!"

Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Sounds good! Sorry that took me so long, dinner and cleaning. Now, welcome to Akumu Academy; I'll be going over the battle system during this tutorial/introductory fight. I know you've probably reviewed the first page by now, but it never hurts to go over again and it helps me get back in the groove of things.

During battles, please have your Pokémon's stats in your post, for quick reference. You can hide them behind spoiler tags if you're worried about taking up too much space.

Akumu runs off a turn-based system; while one Pokémon attacks, the other defends. Defending constitutes blocking, evading, or distracting your opponent-- it does not involve the use of moves.

Turn order is determined by a Pokémon's speed; higher speed means you attack first, and if you and your opponent have the same speed, they'll attack at the same time to determine turn order.

Understanding the basics so far?))

In the Garden of Monsters
Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Nature: Modest
Stats:
HP:15/15/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-
EXP: 0/75

The trainer jumped at the sudden voice. They tried to look around for the source but eventually gave up. That said, though, they lightly giggled at some of Daydream's words, finding the digression about battles without Pokemon particularly amusing.

When prompted, they threw their Pokeball and the tiny grey cat Pokemon emerged from a shower of light. The trainer smiled and cooed at their adorable Pokemon, then prepared for what would come next.

(( yeah, pretty sure i get it so far. example shall prove for sure though~ ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 pm
"That's the spirit, little buddy!" Daydream was clearly pleased it'd managed to amuse the young trainer; indeed, despite the cavalier attitude towards violence, Daydream was genuinely invested in the students. Unlike another Battle Room mentor...

The disembodied voice cooed upon seeing the Espurr. "So charming! Hmm, what's a good partner for it... ah-ha!" Out of the darkness manifested a strangely-shaped yellow figure. An Elekid bounded forward, waving at the Espurr in a friendly manner. "Your opponent, little buddy! Now, before I get this murder party started..."

Another object appeared out of the darkness, this time right in front of the trainer and their Pokemon. A vial of silver potion sat before the pair. "Now, before we get to battle, have your cute little kitty drink that! Every single drop! I promise, it's totally not poison. Really."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sparkles
Elekid [M]
Lv 2
Nature: Jolly
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:17/ATK:8/DEF:7/SPD:7/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:9
MOVES:
- Quick Attack
- Meditate
- Confide
-

Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Oddly enough, that's actually not poison! One of the aspects of Akumu is that if a Pokemon's health drops below -7 during battle, not only does a Pokemon faint, but said Pokemon dies. Obviously, we'd like to keep your Pokemon safe as long as possible, and that's why we're giving you that potion! If your Espurr perishes after having ingested the drink, this potion will prevent them from the final sleep... but only once. And there's no telling how long the potion will last, so be careful.))  

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Stats:
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-

The trainer smiled at the praise. The Espurr also smiled cutely when Daydream gushed over it. The Elekid was given a curious look until things clicked in the trainer's head. "Oh, an Elekid," they said with a touch of pride. They were usually good at identifying Pokemon, even if sometimes they didn't know too much else.

The vial startled both trainer and Pokemon, and Espurr looked between their trainer and the vial with a scared expression. The trainer gently picked the vial up and examined it for a few moments. They couldn't make heads or tails, buuuut...

"Well little one, the teacher says we should, and if we disobey we won't be able to more here..." they admitted with a resigned sigh. They didn't like the idea of giving their Pokemon a random liquid, but there didn't seem a lot of choice. Thus, they knelt down and offered the opening of the vial to Espurr, who trusted her trainer enough to drink it all up.

The big question was...what now?  
In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:02 pm
"Excellent!" Daydream cheered as the fluffy little Psychic-type imbibed the potion. "It's always more fun when they drink it themselves... I mean, okay, forcible injections are SUPER funny, buuuuuut they take time away from the fights!" Daydream's incessant burbling paused as it pondered for a moment... and then giggled. "All right, time for a fight! Sparkles! Start out with Quick Attack!"

The Elekid burbled an assent, all too happy to follow orders. He winked at the Espurr before darting forward, ready to bodily crash into his opponent

Sparkles
Elekid [M]
Lv 2
Stats:
MOVES:
- Quick Attack
- Meditate
- Confide
-

Kuro Ryuu Hime

(( Now, as you can see, I'm attacking first, because my Pokemon's speed is higher. Thus I'm rolling first!

Attack accuracy and defense accuracy are both determined in part by dice rolls. Every turn in battle, if you're taking an action (be it defending or attacking), you are to roll one D20-- if you don't know where that is, it's under "Post Action" as you compose a post. If the person attacking rolls highest, the move succeeds and damage calculations will follow... provided it was a damaging move . If the person defending rolls higher, the move will fail and no damage shall be taken.

Next post will cover damage calculation.))

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Kuro Ryuu Hime rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Espurr [F]
Lv 2
Stats:
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Assist
-

Espurr squeaked as the Elekid, Sparkles, came for her. In a sudden burst of panic, she started running away from the charging electric type, but who knew if that would do her any good~

As for the Trainer...they were watching the scene and they knew that no amount of coaching would help against an attack, especially since their Pokemon didn't have any protective moves, so they let the little psychic kitty do what she thought she needed to do.

(( got it~ ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:12 am
The doors swung open, fiercely clattering against the wall as a boy entered the room....or at least they would have, if the doors hadn't been built to only open a certain distance and then close on their own. Hands thrust in the pockets of his teal jacket, the child's scarf glittered like a cascade of stars as he strode forward....at least it would have, if it hadn't been so dark in here. Man the organization knew how to ruin a dramatic entrance. Appearance was everything during a deal! You either needed to be strong, imposing, un-shifting, or meek and apologetic so they thought they were the one's controlling negotiations. Really it depended on the deal....but he was fairly sure this called for the latter. Oh well. "Come on Umbra, time to seal the deal!" The boy remarked, wearing an impish grin as he stepped deeper into the darkness.

Just a few steps behind, a Golett burdened with a rather large backpack would trudge along. Someone had to carry the bags after all, and Sol wasn't nearly as strong as an iron fisted golem. Least he thought he was iron fisted. Nobody had ever bothered to actually check....

Golett
Umbra, Lv 2
Nature:
Brave
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:17 /ATK:8 /DEF:7 /SPD:6 /SP-ATK:7 /SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Astonish
- Defense Curl
- Thunder Punch
-

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150

cutie opossum irl

Strawberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:40 am
With soft steps accented by the light tap of his heeled shoes against the tile floor, a rather odd boy entered the training room. His attire was elegant and appropriate...if you lived in the middle ages. The dark cloak, capelet, and wide brimmed witch's hat he wore obscured his features well. All that was left of him was long, raven colored hair tied into a braid that rested over his shoulder and a pair of bluish lavender eyes that contrasted entirely too much with the rest of his ensemble.

Those eyes would dart from one side of the room to the other as he looked for any signs of danger in the area. Once he confirmed the coast was clear Altair raised a gloved hand out from under his cloak, uncurling his fingers from the fist they were in to reveal a cutiefly.

"It is safe, my little pet" he said in a hushed voice, prompting the little pokemon to perk up and fly around him. It did not dare to stray too far from its owner, filling the tranquil silence that Altair seemed to carry on him with a monotonous buzzing sound.

Cutiefly [M]
Deneb, Lv 2
Nature: Timid
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:17/ATK:6/DEF:7/SPD:8/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Absorb
- Baton Pass
-
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:53 am
User Image
                                      Aria Cote

- Battle Information -
                                      [N/A]

One of the doors of the battle room slowly opened, allowing a girl to peer inside with her spectacled eyes. "Hello...?" the redheaded girl, not even a teenager, hesitantly asked, only to hear her own voice echo back at her from the depths of the dimly-lit room. The young trainer pouted as no one responded, but that didn't keep her from stepping into the room. Padding along close by and occasionally pausing to sniff at the air before catching up to their trainer was a young houndour. ^I don't like the smell of this place...^ the young canine growled, and while his trainer obviously couldn't understand exactly what he was saying, growling was usually a clear indicator of some sort of stress. "Easy, Bael. This test shouldn't be too dangerous..." the redhead told her companion in an attempt to calm him, but as the doors shut behind the duo and sealed them in the dark room, Aria doubted the validity of her own words.

- Currently in Battle Room -
[-/-]

{{OoC: 8D I hope this post is okay.}}

Pokemon
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Bael
                      Pokemon: Houndour [M]
                      Name & Level: Bael, Level 2
                      Temperament: Modest
                      Stats: HP:14/14 | PP:18 | ATK:7 | DEF:6 | SPD:8 | SP-ATK:8 | SP-DEF:7
                      Moves:
                      - Ember
                      - Leer
                      - Nasty Plot
                      - __________
                      Pokemon held items: N/A
Items
Cracked TM 89: U-Turn x 1

Lia Syuki

Ice-Cold Rogue

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:54 pm
(15-4)+(8-7) = 12 DMG! Espurr is at 3 HP

"Woof." Even Daydream was surprise by how brutally Sparkles tackled his opponent. "I... you okay there, little buddy?" it asked, concern tinging the question... but only for a minute. This WAS the Battle Room, after all; horrible violence was only to be expected. "Well, let's see if you can dish it out as well as you can take it! "

The Elekid, by contrast, seemed totally oblivious to any of the damage he'd caused. Sparkles would flash the Espurr a cheery grin before bouncing backwards, as though taunting the Psychic-type to give chase.

Sparkles
Elekid [M]
Lv 2
Stats:
MOVES:
- Quick Attack
- Meditate
- Confide
-

Kuro Ryuu Hime

((Yowch. As you can see, damage is here was calculated as such: (Attack Roll - Defense Roll) +(Attack Stat - Defense Stat). If Sparkles had used something like Thunder Shock, the formula would have been (Attack-Roll - Defense Roll) +(Sp. Attack Stat - Sp. Defense Stat). Now it your turn! I'll be rolling for my defense, you for your attack.

And while I have you here, let's talk about Criticals and Fumbles. If you roll a 20 for your accuracy roll, this will be considered a Critical. When you roll a Critical, that Pokemon will receive +1 to their Accuracy Roll for the rest of the battle or until they're swapped out. This only effects the turn they rolled the Critical- if you roll a 20 while attacking it will apply to your attacks, and if you rolled it while defending it will effect your defense.)

Fumbles, by contrast, occur when you roll a 1. If you roll a 1, you'll receive -1 to your Accuracy Roll in attack or defense depending on when you rolled it.

Still following me?))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:17 pm
A loud, entirely too cheerful laugh echoed out of the darkness. "Oh, little buddy, I wouldn't be so sure about that!!" The disembodied voice seemed positively tickcled pink at Aria's assertion. "We've seen a lot of death in here. I mean, a loooooot. Like, one time, I watched a Charmander make another Charmander fall in love with her and then rip his tail off. It was radical... oh, where are my manners!" The voice gave another pleasant giggle. "So sorry, little buddy! My name is Daydream, and I'll be your instructor for today! We'll be testing your battle prowess, and all that good stuff... you seem like you know what's up, so let's just get into it, huh?"

An odd sound rang out, like metal striking metal. A bottle of thick silver ichor appeared, seemingly from nowhere, at Aria's feet. In the same moment, a small, dark-furred creature slid out of the shadows, blue eyes unusually bright and excited. The Zorua bounced from foot to foot as he squeaked, totally ruining any coolness the mysterious emergence might have granted him.

Now then!" Daydream continued, clearly too used to random things manifesting from the void. "We can get started in just a moment, but first, would you mind having your cute little puppy drink that potion? It's totally full of nutrients and vitamins that are in the alphabet." The voice paused. "Oh, and if you don't have him drink it, no battle, no school, so... yeah. Consume."

User Image
Fluffers
Zoura [M]
Lv 2
Nature: Hasty
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:18/ATK:8/DEF:6/SPD:8/SP-ATK:7/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Scratch
- Leer
- Snatch
-

Lia Syuki

((Definitely okay! Now, would you like the full tutorial? It has been a while, but if you feel pretty confident in things, we can forego it. I'd be going over the new aim mechanic in detail when it comes up, however you cannot escape pedantic lecturing, neverrrrrrr.))  

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Sanctuary

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out