[SRP] Family Reunions (Dione x Tethys)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 pm
User Image

Dione had been summoned, it hadn't been a simple request, in a move that was most unlike him her brother had ordered her to meet him. It had been such a significance shift in his usual disposition that the lioness had politely dismissed herself from present company and proceeded immediately. The only one who had ever ordered them to do anything had been their father, and it would have been safe to assume that neither of them had ever disobeyed such instructions. After all, Destati had never given orders without absolute necessity, and Dione was more than just confident that Tethys would have just as good a reason.

In fact, she was certain.

She covered the distance between her previous meeting place and home rapidly, and eventually her little abode came in to view. Otherwise undisturbed, it seemed that Tethys hadn't yet arrived. Given she could hear only faint sounds from within, she surmised that Sima and Nanabe were in attendance. No doubt Nanabe was continuing to work as diligently as ever while the smaller cub queried her... It turned out the little one was really quite inquisitive.

Rather than disrupt the work (as it would serve her no purpose in the future), the lioness lay down outside and boded her time. Tethys would not keep her waiting, based on the tone in which his message had been sent, whatever he needed to discuss was urgent.

Words: 236

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 pm
User Image

He had rounded the corner not long after she did, she had been right in her assumption that he wouldn't be far behind. In fact, he had requested that the message be communicated to his sibling the moment he had stepped over the borders. His Captain hadn't even finished assessing their acquisitions and the lion had already gone - for all he knew he might have been entitled to a share and yet he hadn't remained long enough to find out. No doubt he would be told in time, but at the moment he had other things on his mind.

"Good evening," he took a series of deep breaths as he came to a halt. Clearly he hadn't stopped since the moment he had arrived and he would most certainly be in need of rest in due time. "I believe we have several things that need to be discussed," he lay down and momentarily his intentions were being there were forgotten. He let out a small moan as he was finally permitted to rest his paws...dear gods did they hurt.

"I saw mother," he began. "I hadn't intended to look for her but it seemed someone else had run into her while looking for our father," he pursed his lips and regarded his sister carefully. "I did tell her she should visit but I'm not entirely sure if she did, either way... I managed to locate our father."

"...A few things have changed."

Words: 242

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:02 pm
"I know," Dione responded as he took his seat. He looked absolutely exhausted, and once again he was missing more fur from his back. He'd obviously been in a scrap and fairly recently, another challenge perhaps? She would ask him later, for the time being she had more pressing queries and the lack of fur on his back most certainly wasn't one of them. "She arrived a short time ago, I believe she has set about exploring the place," she held up her paw before her brother could protest.

Yes, the Stormborn could be dangerous.

...However she sincerely doubted anyone might disturb a winged being if they happened to encounter her. She had arrived with as much dramatic flair as she always did, it was unlikely she had gone unnoticed either way. Whatever she might 'be'!

"She's perfectly safe, she didn't appear in any of her more vulnerable forms so I imagine she won't be disturbed as she explores. She came to make sure I was doing all right," she smiled gently. "But why was this other individual looking for our father? What has he done to warrant such attention, he wasn't exactly one for terrorising the locals or making enemies." She pointed out and there was truth to her words. Destati had never made enemies of anyone and had often kept his family to themselves to avoid conflict in dangerous areas.

"And did you tell them where he was?" she added.

Words: 242

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:09 pm
He was sure his mother was more than capable of tending to herself, though he was mildly concerned by her extravagance. He would have preferred if she had arrived in a more quiet manner and slotted quietly into Stormborn life. Alas, it was something for him to discuss with her at a later time when he inevitably ran in to her. If she was still exploring then it was obvious she fully intended to stick around until she had checked up on her son as well.

"Mother did her usual, she gave vague answers to the girl," he replied with a chuckle. "Her name is Oa, it seems she's from his pride, I'm still no clearer on where that is but she was attempting to locate him," he paused and chewed on his lower lip thoughtfully. "She said that circumstances had 'changed' and that it was imperative he returned; I couldn't give her any direction at all but I did offer to relay the message when I found him..."

He paused.

"So I did the smart thing and went to find Mom," he smiled weakly. "She didn't give me vague answers that time, I was able to find Dad," he confirmed and lifted a paw to rub gently at his temples.

"He's chasing something; something I can't even begin to explain," he murmured. "I think he's chasing ghosts, real ghosts, I even saw one -" he frowned at his sibling's expression. "They only have eyes, and then they smile and that's it..." he murmured. It was the best explanation he could give. While Destati had specified that they were some form of lion, he hadn't managed to explain how they successfully moved across the land like a taint.

"Whatever the case may be it seems as though he feels this will lead to his demise, he said this was what he existed for -"

His father's purpose.

"And as it stood, he couldn't protect us any longer, he charged me with ensuring we remained safe..."

Words: 333

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:18 pm
"So...black creatures then," Dione had always been the logical sort and his description seemed to indicate that if one could only see certain features then the rest should be hidden. If this was the case then her sibling really shouldn't have been quite so unsettled, but he was. Whatever these things were they had done enough for him to show genuine concern. Hell, if their own father had legitimately placed the mantle of leadership on his son's shoulders (something he had no reason to lie about) then it was clear that she was missing something very important in regards to this entire scenario.

"Why do you think they're ghosts?" she said finally. If they were creatures then there would be tell tale signs of their existence. Smells, sounds, even gut instinct should have caused the fur on the back of his neck to rise. As lions they possessed a number of abilities that made them highly capable of detecting what others may not necessarily have been able to.

There father was an elder, by extension, he had found a way to combat them hadn't he? That must have been why he was still alive anyway.

"And why is he even chasing them?" she shook her head. "Last time I check he wasn't a law keeper by any means, he preferred to stay out of the trivial nonsense that crept up outside his immediate vicinity."

Words: 234

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:25 pm
"And that's where we were all wrong," Tethys interjected and cast a hard look towards his sister. "We were a happy accident, his encounter with mother probably wouldn't even have happened if he hadn't been sent here," he turned his gaze towards the inner 'township' of the pride and then heaved a sigh. "I didn't ask for a full history lesson, even if I had I get the feeling he wouldn't have told it, he seemed to have been stretched for time," he explained.

"From what I can gather those ghosts, those phantoms that he was chasing come from his world. He is a lawkeeper, he's something along that discipline because he stipulated he had been charged with locating and stopping them," he pursed his lips. "I know they're mortal, he killed one in front of me, but I still don't know how what they do is physically possible and quite frankly father doesn't seem to know either."

"Whatever they are you can't see them, you can't hear them, you can't smell them... It's as if they simply materialise and it's over," he raised a paw as if to stop her from arguing though she had made no attempts to interrupt. "I know it sounds crazy but I saw it. He claims they're a cult of some description, but they shouldn't be here and his entire purpose for residing in these lands is because he's here to end them."

"It just sounds like he believes it's unlikely he'll survive..."

He paused.

"Which makes some of what he'd been saying to us before we left make a hell of a lot more sense."

Words: 272

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:30 pm
They were definitely lions then, she didn't know how they were achieving this 'stealth', but if they could be killed then they were definitely alive. It brought her some comfort, if her father could kill one then he could absolutely kill the rest. Unfortunately, Dione had severely underestimated just how many of these 'phantoms' existed in this current region and Destati was incapable of battling an army on his own - realistically, he might make a small dent, but in a few years it would be replaced by new offspring.

Nevertheless, ignorance was a wonderful thing sometimes and Dione's nerves were at least somewhat settled. Suffice to say, Dione did not respond well to feeling her confidence wane, if she was not in control she was liable to act much more erratically.

Yes...even Dione had weaknesses and she didn't handle her fear well.

"So what's your plan?" she said finally. He hadn't come to her to inform her that he was now head of the household, had he? Admittedly he might have done but it wouldn't have been laden with in depth information in regards to their father's activities and his potential demise...or maybe it would have, it just didn't seem very like her brother.

Words: 204

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:36 pm
Tethys had skimped on some of the details, simply because he didn't feel like Dione needed to know them. In the heart of the pride she was completely safe, though her coat colour would have made her vulnerable on the outside no one could get her here. Tethys was at least certain of this, the Vikings were simply too strong and too well guarded to be easily overcome by an assailant like that...eventually they would rally and death would be a small mercy to those that challenged them.

Thus, she didn't need to know who or what the victims were. Nor did she need to know how they were acquired or how they died. All that his sister needed to be reassured of was that she was absolutely safe - proud as she might have been, the lioness had always needed to be in control. In a world where she was faced against the unpredictable she was liable to panic, this was why she wasn't a reaver, in a truly desperate situation she couldn't save herself, she was too easily spooked.

"For now I aim to buy him time," he said with a wry smile. "How successful do you think I'll be in getting mother to remain with us for an extended stay?" he asked and tilted his head to the side. "Father seemed concerned that they might get to her, she possesses qualities they want and here seems to be the safest place for her to be at this time..."

Words: 250
Total Words (Tethys) : 1097

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:41 pm
"I think that would depend entirely on how much detail you were willing to give her," Dione replied slowly, her thoughts measured. She had needed to take a moment to consider her mother's disposition. It wasn't that Arimathras was a creature filled with wanderlust, but she certainly didn't like to be shackled down without good reason. As much as she loved her offspring they were adults now and she did have offspring elsewhere... though Dione had never met them, she knew she had older half-siblings out there.

...To force her to stay here wouldn't be easy.

The only way to be successful is if she was willing.

"You know she's going to want clarification and she's going to see straight through you if you try to lie," she pointed out and pursed her lips. "But perhaps if you can convey father's concerns, she might at least humour us for a short while before taking her leave again." She too paused to consider what this would mean for them both, to have a god in their midst may not go down well in the long term.

"Perhaps stipulate that she may wish to take on a less obvious appearance though..." she finished as her brother nodded. He was listening and absorbing what she had to say, but at this time it seemed he had nothing further to contribute; and so she lay beside him as he dwelt on his conundrum. At the very least she could ensure he was resting for a time before he inevitably darted off again...

Words: 258
Total Words (Dione) : 1174

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces