Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:37 pm
User Image

During her last Viking, a rather important one in her career actually, she had felt off and thought that it was simply to do with the odd way in which she'd taken a new role. One of which she hadn't truly had the chance to talk to Keir about, but now there was something much more important on her mind.

Cubs. The idea both alarmed and excited her more than even preparing for a Viking and those were her life. Well they were her life at least for now - she didn't expect to be out of battle for long, since Keir would likely be happy to stay home on her behalf, but still, how would she feel?

She moved with as much speed as she could offer and gazed about with pink eyes as she came to the cave she'd come to recognize as Keirs - they ought to live together, after everything was said and done. Zjarri let that drift to be added to her mental to do list followed by a series of other tasks meant to prepare them. "Keir?" She called out, her voice much softer than she had anticipated - suddenly she felt incredibly nervous, but what did she have to be nervous about? They had committed to one another, this would be fine.

Everything would work out.

"Are you home?" She asked, not really having given him a chance to answer to his name.

Silverlutz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:11 pm
User ImageKeir moved about his den slowly, going over every inch meticulously. He had misplaced his new rock that he had found that was a bit strange - in actuality it had a fossil of an ancient sea creature embedded within it, but Keir clearly didn't know that. He just thought it had an interesting shape and color - and he was determined to find it. The way the sun would catch on the strange surface intrigued him to no end and he wanted to bring it out into the sunlight once more. But where had it gone?

A hesitant voice made his head turn to the entrance of his den. In the light he could see his dear friend Zjarri and for the time being he forgot about his prize. Some would argue they were mates and Keir wouldn't deny they had pledged themselves to one another, but he didn't look at it as that sort of relationship. They were first and foremost friends that admired the other and got along well enough to let the other live as they pleased while still remaining close. Well on her way to becoming Captain, Keir awaited the day with delight and a bit of anxiety as she had promised him she'd take him out on his first Viking to elevate him to a Reaver. Then he could go on all the outings he wanted, exploring to his heart's content.

"Yes, I'm here," he said, padding out of the shadows that hid him so well. He paused before her, though, his expression turning into a frown. Something wasn't right.

"What is it? You seem troubled."

Mysses Greenie

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:23 pm
Pink eyes caught the shape of Keir before he'd turn to face her, he'd been shuffling about in his den. For a moment she had forgotten what she had come for and nearly asked what he'd been looking for, but then she was brought back to reality when he'd asked her about her troubled mind.

"Yes." The blue lioness said simply and found herself dropping to the ground in a seated fashion. Zjarri made a displeased face as aches and pains shocked their way through her body in a way she hadn't known before - the aches and pains subsided rather quickly though, luckily. "I have some news that will change our lives, soon. Quite soon." She begin slowly, weaving together how she was going to drop the bomb on him, it wasn't like he wouldn't have cast her aside.

"I'm pregnant."

There, tore away the bandages and simply said it. The word came out with a wince on her face. Had anyone else seen her, including Keir they'd think she wasn't excited or joyous. She was. But as excited she had been she was just as nervous. Her pinks eyes, which had looked away from Keir for the duration of her speech now looked up to find his eyes. Zjarris eyes were unusually sparkly, tears were the cause - good ol' emotions.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:05 pm
Keir picked up on the grimace and golden eyes quickly scanned his friend for any sign of injury. He didn't see anything obvious but he knew internal injuries could be much, much worse than any visible injury. He did notice she seemed a bit more plump than usual, but perhaps she had found a feast out in the rogue lands.

Or...not.

The blunt admission made Keir blink a few times in surprise. At first he was going to congratulate her, but then he realized why she was telling him. They were his cubs as well. They were what others would call a mated pair, after all. She wouldn't be doing things that might make cubs with any other male.

"...that..."

All right, Keir, use that big brain of yours.

"...is a wonderful surprise," he finally said, a rare smile crossing his muzzle. Cubs. Cubs! And judging by the size Zjarri already was, a bunch of them. "Well. Don't look so distraught. I'm sure you'll be back on your paws in no time. I'll be happy to do whatever I can to assist you."

Mysses Greenie

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:07 pm
A smile broke on her face to match his - it was contagious. Zjarri was thankful for the welcome relief the smile had brought to her. Keir, in association had given her that, not that he knew, but she was still grateful.

"Wonderful, you're sure?"

Such a silly question, she knew this, but still the support was something she craved - having cubs was a big deal, starting a family with another individual was a big deal and so this was a big deal to her. "I know I'll be able to get back out, I've seen many Mothers do this - being in the situation myself has just made it all so real."

Her pink eyes were staring at him. "When they come, would you stay with me?" She inquired, it was to soon, she scolded herself - but the ever vigilant girl inside of her wanted to have it all resolved now, wanted her family to know it all now and everyone to accept her fate.

Even though she hadn't really accepted the news herself.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 pm
The question make Keir laugh, his surprise melting away as delight slowly replaced it. Cubs. How exciting!

"I'm sure," he said with a nod, a fond smile on his face as his eyes traveled to Zjarri's middle once again. Soon there would be little warriors running here and there and he could only hope he'd be able to keep up with them. With a mother like Zjarri he knew they'd be a handful and he only hoped at least one was mild-mannered like him.

The second question caught him off guard and his dragged his eyes back up to the female's. He held her gaze before nodding once, a solemn look on his face. He wasn't the type to dump problems he made on someone else and he certainly had a paw in creating this situation. He wouldn't let her handle it alone.

"Of course. I'll stay as long as you need me to," he added, knowing full well that this wasn't a request to become his mate. Zjarri was a strong lioness who liked her independence and Keir wasn't the type to force someone into being his saltwife. They were friends - good ones at that - and he'd do anything he could to help her as the life they created came into the world.

"Or as short as you need me to," he added with a little smile, moving forward again to lower his head, nuzzling her neck in an embrace. "I'm a bit nervous," he added with a weak laugh, pulling back to look at her once more. "I hope I'll do all right."

Ctrl F Greenie
Holy poop tag FOREVER AGO I didn't realize it was my turn XD SORRY! Now that their cubs are ADULTS -dying- >XDDDDDD

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas