Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] Given Direction [Tethys & Zili]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kimaria rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 1, 1 Total: 9 (5-20)

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 am
User Image

To be honest, the black lion was looking a little worse for wear by now. Skirting the borders of the pridal lands had proven tough, meaning a long travel to find any sort of prey to sate his growling stomach. He had always been tall and lean but these days he was looking leaner still.

He'd eaten some two days ago and now, before being forced to withdraw again, he decided to utter a new challenge and hope that today would be his day. That today would be the day he would see his dear friend Xochipepe and know that he had won her respect. Then, with that in hand, maybe he could try and win her heart, too. For she had won his long ago.

Because up til now, he'd won nothing.

Drawing in a long breath, he let his roar carry far and wide, then slowly took a seat to wait.

Epine de Rose rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 1, 3, 1 Total: 11 (5-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:55 am
User Image

He'd been rather busy as of late, in and out of the roguelands with his band in pursuit of a variety of resources. They'd been successful as well, bringing back an assortment of things that seemed to have been approved of. Better yet, he seemed to developing quite a name for himself among his band for his abilities... though he couldn't confess that on occasions it might have been courtesy of his seer abilities, even though they were relatively weak.

He was about to leave, his band had been making their preparations, and as such he had been waiting at the borders for them to begin. He hadn't been on duty so to speak, but when he saw the dark lion step on to their land he knew what needed to be done.

Easing himself up, he strode towards Zili and came to a halt in front of him. A momentary pause as he took a moment to inspect the challenger, and then his eyebrow rose. If the black male thought he would be able to beat him in that state then he was sorely mistaken.

"You look even worse than I did the last time I was hungover," he observed and gave a curt nod.

"You have the chance to turn back now and come back when you stand a chance, or you may try your paw now, the decision is yours," he said in a blunt tone. He would give the male the opportunity to flee and recover properly, it was the honorable thing to do, but if he didn't and took more damage now...well, then he only had himself to blame.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:17 am
This was hard for Zili. Sometimes he thought it was too hard. He wasn't really built for battle, had very little self-confidence and was so used to living on his own that dealing with others seemed complicated and, occasionally, downright scary. Today, it seemed, would be no better than any other time, except that - perhaps - this lion wouldn't beat on him.

"Come back?" he repeated dully, letting his eyes briefly glaze over the lion before him. He was strong, well-fed and in his prime.

Zili looked down at his chest...all the way down to his forepaws and saw the black fur turned shabby and dusty. Slowly but surely he was reverting back to the appearance he'd had as a hermit, far away from here and all alone. But what benefit would it be to go away and come back? His condition had only improved because he'd had a friend there with him. As sad as it was to admit it, this was likely the best he was going to be for some time. But even driven by 'love', Zili knew he was no match for this male.

With a low sigh, he took a seat once more, "I think," he said, "that I have no chance of winning, but prolonging will not increase the chances, either."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:32 am
Credit where it was due, Zili knew that he was in no condition to take Tethys on (particularly when he wasn't hungover). That wasn't to say that the paler lion thought it was an impossible goal to achieve, after all, Naima had been worthy of respect... But as it stood now, the black like was most assuredly not worthy in any sense.

He was weakened.

He was matted and unkempt.

In a manner of speaking both could have been forgiven, but there was a much more important quality that the lion was lacking that none in the Stormborn would accept him without. He had no pride, there wasn't a shred of confidence within the black male's body that Tethys could see. There wasn't a single glint, a hint of fire in his eyes, nor did Tethys thing the lion was capable of a single thunderous roar.

"At least you recognise the importance of self-preservation, you have that going for you," Tethys spoke at last and shook his head. His brow still raised, he strode closer to Zili and tilted his head to the side.

"Why are you here?" He inquired. "What purpose does it serve other than to provoke those of greater strength in to potentially taking you as easy prey?" he added.

It wasn't a threat, merely a question.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:52 am
He flinched as the other drew closer, suspecting some trick and seeming somewhat surprised when none came. Still, the question was a good one and sometimes he had asked himself exactly that. But it always came back to the same thing and despite it being a ridiculous goal, he had continued to try anyway.

He looked away.

"I have to join the pride," he said, not sure about elaborating further. It was true enough. If he didn't, then he'd never see her again and she'd remember him only as a failure who had abandoned her and not had the ferocity to see things through. Except the problem was that, as he was now, he didn't have the ferocity and he had the horrible feeling he might never have it.

"I have to win my place here. It's as simple as that."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:58 am
"That's not an answer."

Tethys was rarely so blunt, he was known for being a touch goofy, even clumsy. It was an image he preferred to cultivate so that others underestimated him and his sister was included in those set of individuals. Nevertheless there were times when that image served no purpose and a more practical approach was required. The weakness in this male (at this current juncture) was going to get him killed, or worse, enslaved... depending on how he looked at things.

"Theoretically you can 'join' us, but in your current state you wouldn't even be fit for servitude," he lifted a paw and pressed at a particularly matted piece of fur. "But even, if by some shred of luck you were able to fight your way in so that you could secure your freedom, it would only take one small misstep to have you under someone's thumb."

"If you 'have' to join, then there is a proper reason. Weakness isn't accepted here, we aren't here to be your personal bodyguards. So I will asked again; why?"

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 am
Why did it matter? What did this lion want from him? Even if what he said was true, surely his reasons should be his own? Was he really going to be made to say them out loud? Even in his thoughts his reasoning sounded juvenile and he'd already made a fool of himself enough.

It was an awkwardly long time before he gathered the words up for a response, and even then he faltered, unsure how truthful to be.

"I don't want to live how I did before. Alone without purpose. I want...I want to be part of something bigger." He paused, turning his ears in against his mane, "perhaps this place would not have been my first choice but...I have a friend who earned her place before I did and she believes in me. I can't let her down." she's the only friend I ever had, he may not have said the last part out loud, but maybe from his tone, it might have been clear.

She had won her challenge outright, impressing the lion with (what had seemed to Zili) no trouble at all. Then she had stood on the sidelines during his first challenge and watched him fail. He'd told her to go on without him and now, part of him wished he'd been more selfish. Perhaps, if she had stayed here, he could have convinced them both to move on. To spare him of further humiliation.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:16 am
"Not so hard after all, is it?" Tethys raised the second eyebrow so both disappeared in to his mane. Sucking in a breath he stepped away once more and regarded the lion thoughtfully. His reasons were almost similar to his own, he and his sister had been charged by their father with finding their place. Their father couldn't have cared less where that place was, so long as they could justify it and were firm in their convictions.

"However in you're current state, you're a complete disappointment," It was clear that the lion wasn't one for mincing words, and there was no point in pandering to low self esteem. Hell, Tethys didn't have to be a genius to know that anyone with such a weak demeanour was going to embarrass whoever it was that he was referring to.

"You aren't ready," he said finally and swept around to take in the lion's full form. Weak as he was, Zili wasn't a runt, he just didn't seem to have a proper spine at the moment. "At least you aren't ready yet," he mused.

"There's no point throwing yourself at a jagged cliff in the hopes it will give way against your bruised flesh and shattered bones," he pointed out and shook his head. "But if you're willing to take the steps to prove yourself worthy... You might still have a chance to open your eyes and figure out how to scale it instead."

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:25 am
It was hard to hear it - the truth - and Zili could say nothing in response. Instead, like a cub, he sat there and accepted the lecture, trying not to let it bruise him too much. The lion was clearly a plain-speaker and perhaps that was just what the dark lion needed.

"I am willing," he replied, casting a glance at the male, both curious and wary. "But I do not know the steps I need to take. My attempts so far have only made things worse, I think." He was a lion who had tried to teach himself with no instruction - except for his past failed attempts. He knew what the skilled fighters did, he just wasn't sure how they did it. His limbs never seemed to move that fast or that strong and even when it seemed he might have fared well, he ended up flat on his face.

"I'm...at a loss."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 am
"You're in luck," Tethys smirked, a brief glance over his shoulder reminded him that he was due to leave and his band were slowly gathering within sight. He had run out of time to converse, but he would leave the lion with some direction that might help him. Hell, if there was one lion he knew who could help him... it was his own father.

Any other time, he would have done it himself, he had succeeded with Naima after all.

"There's a lion that looks like me, or rather I look like him," he paused and glanced at his rump. "Actually he has decidedly more spots than me, but you'll know him to see," he concluded, noting that his father had a very distinct coat. In many respects, Tethys and his sister had taken after their mother.

"Find him, tell him I sent you," he paused and glanced the black lion up and down once more. "He'll probably know why I sent you; if there's anyone in this world who can give you a semblance of self respect it'll be him," he remarked, acknowledging that without his father, he probably wouldn't be the individual he was today... If anything he might have been a bit of a ditz like his otherwise benevolent and spacey mother.

"Then you can try again," he stated. "Don't disappoint me, I'll be waiting."

With that, the lion gave a slight salute and turned on his heel, wandering back towards the gathering lions who were awaiting the arrival of their captain.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 am
Zili blinked, not expecting the answer that he got. Seek a lion that looked like this one? Someone, apparently, not within this pride. Part of him thought it a fruitless quest. Looking for a single lion out there in the big, wide world? But, he wouldn't have been told about him if he was miles and miles away, surely?

"I will find him," he replied thoughtfully, trying not to let his hopes soar too high. There was no telling what sort of lion he would find out there. Perhaps this other one would take a single look at Zili and think him a waste of space. Still, it was worth a try and the warrior was right about one thing. He did need help and without it he'd never hope to gain entry as a freeborn.

He opened his mouth to tell the other male that he would be back someday to challenge him, only to find that he'd started moving back towards the others. Instead, he snapped his jaw shut, rose onto all fours and turned to look over one shoulder - away from the pride he had been seeking entrance to.

I must find this lion, he thought to himself, I must.

Then, someday, he could return and earn his place and after that, he could earn the heart of the woman he loved.

Epine de Rose
fin! :0 ooo exciting times ahead.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces