Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[Duel] New, More Red, Horizons (Dam'ahdra x Banhishikha)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:16 pm
User Image

With a deep sigh, Dam'adhra felt the involuntary constriction of her lungs. It was as if her chest cavity was incapable of expanding, to allow air to fully fill her body. The air that did was dry, hot, and did nothing to satisfy her. Dam (pronounced "dom") felt her nerves were a light with activity, tingling through her legs but she felt a little numb at the same time. Another step forward, and another. She just kept counting her paces towards a figure in the distance. It was too far to discern their appearance, or even gender, just yet. A part of her secretly hoped it was a slower male. Dam's speed was usually her advantage.

Shaking her head, the lioness attempted to stop her running thoughts. It would only undue her. Instead, she thought back to Enitania. Her detailed words, description, even though she was so close to death. She was readily able to instruct her, one last time, to the land of lions that would continue to teach her in the ways that Enitania had begun long ago.

By now she'd attracted the lion's attention. Squaring her shoulders, the lioness walked with surety and confidence that her mentor instilled in her, but most of all... purpose.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:38 pm
User Image

Banhishikha had been waiting for the chance to get her paws on some fresh meat, so to speak. She pawed the ground with her claws extended, curious lions about as they watched the new face walk towards Banhishikha. Nervous, yet not letting that come across her face. Instead, she gave the dark lioness a smirk.

"Here for a duel?" she asked, watching the other carefully. Ban had not been in a real duel before. She was new to the scene of fighting new faces. Her bi-colored eyes looked a the lioness intensely. She was going to prove herself to the whole crowd that was expecting a good duel from her. She had practice fighting with other members, but never actually attempted in a duel with fresh meat before.

"Ready to challenge me?" She asked with a cocky voice.

Roman Foi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

In Good Faith generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:40 pm
1 = miss / failed attack
2 = bide / glancing attack
3 = a hit / successful attack

User Image

Dam'adhra could see now that she was approaching an lioness and her stomach sunk a little. This lioness looked large and fierce. Larger than any lioness Dam had fought before, at least... Her voice, though. The lioness she was coming to challenge had a rough voice that reminded her Enitania. The swell that grew in her belly was a reassurance that she was where she was supposed to be, doing what she was supposed to do.

Swallowing (a minimally as she could manage), the lioness fell into a battle stance. There was no need to exchange words... but to be honest, it was because Dam didn't trust the strength of her voice. With a nod, the lioness began creeping to the side, circling the female. Her eyes darted all over her opponent's body, attempting to catch the tense of the muscles that would trigger a lunge.

When the lioness didn't attack first, Dam's patience wavered. She lunged and struck out a paw, attempting to hit face of the lioness, her fangs barred and snarl coming from her throat in the rush of the moment.

Miss. Damnit. Not off to a good start...

I Lady Kiya I

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:56 pm
Roll: 1
Total: 2

As the lioness swung a paw towards her, Banhishikha just kinda hit the lioness with her side bouncing her away from herself. She wanted to laugh, but she stopped herself. She turned herself to face the lioness again. Now, she wasn't nervous at all. The lioness came off as a bit rude, in her eyes. But she supposed it was something less than what she was thinking. The lioness must be intimidated by her.

A grin crossed her face. "You can do better than that." She spoke, a taunting smile crossed her face as she readied herself for another attack. Sure, hitting the lioness with her hip wasn't really an attack, but it at least was fun. One couldn't have too much fun in a duel after all.

Roman Foi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

In Good Faith generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:04 pm
1 = miss / failed attack

Roll One: 1... Roll Two: 3... Roll Three: X... Roll Four: X... Roll Five: X.
Total: 4

User Image

Taking the nudge off the side in stride, Dam rolled and immediately went back into an attack. Speed and consistency. Speed and consistency, she chanted in her head.

She was aiming her teeth to connect with any part of the body of her opponent. This time, her teeth met purchase with the hide of the lioness. Her fangs latched onto the thick skin of the lioness, her claws assisting in hanging onto her. A growl rumbled in her chest, a victorious snarl. She attempted to throw the lion with the force of her muscles, but she could tell that would be difficult with the size advantage her opponent had. Instead she attempted to injure, scare, and unnerve this stranger in a strange land.

I Lady Kiya I
Sorry about that! I didn't mean to quote you until I was done posting.

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:23 pm
Roll: 2
Total: 3

Banhishikha snarled as the lionesses teeth bit into her, with claws following. She was a bit too slow to move out of the way. Then again, she had underestimated the lioness before her. Now she was kinda stuck with the lioness trying to drop her to the ground. With that, she Snarled again and went to try to free herself from the lionesses' grip.

She moved to swing her paw at the lionesses face, but somehow contact wasn't made. That was something she was sure to be able to do with the lioness RIGHT there, unless she happened to slip away. Ban didn't look as she had swung in either case.

This time, she spoke no words. Perhaps she would learn from her cocky attitude from now on.

Roman Foi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:30 pm
1 = miss / failed attack

Roll One: 1... Roll Two: 3... Roll Three: 1... Roll Four: X... Roll Five: X.
Total: 5

User Image

With a grunt, Dam hit the ground after being shaken off by the lioness. She was sure her leg that she landed on would be sore tomorrow, but she wasn't worried about that right now.

She tried to roll and lunge again, as she had before, but unfortunately didn't have the solid footing it took to powerfully launch herself. Instead, her lunge was off balance and awkward. She'd acted too fast, rather than waiting for the right moment.

Instead of leaving herself close to the lioness' sharp teeth and claws, she slunk to the side, having failed to make contact.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:40 pm
Roll 3
Total: 5

The other lioness was all over the place and it made Banhishikha wonder if she had ever fought before. Instead of issuing another attack at the lioness that had missed after her successful hit, Ban decided to watch to see what happened next. There had been a minimal amount of blood from her last contact with Banhishikha's side, but it was nothing she was going to be concerned about.

She raised a brow as she watched the lioness, though her cocky smirk had yet to return to her face. There was something serious about a lioness that was unpredictable, and that was what Ban had realized right here. The lioness was unpredictable. She couldn't tell what was going to happen next, which was something that gave the lioness an advantage. It was a little concerning to her....

Roman Foi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:47 pm
1 = miss / failed attack

Roll One: 1... Roll Two: 3... Roll Three: 1... Roll Four: 1... Roll Five: X.
Total: 6

User Image

With a huff of agitation, she realized that she wasn't nearly as talented a fighter as she believed she was. Sure, she had plenty of ability to fight off those that would seek to steal from her, or the occasional rogue that thought she was an easy target. But this one on one combat with a young, talented lioness was a different thing. Her confidence wavered, and for what felt like the first time since it started, Dam'adhra felt fear. A dark, deep fear of losing and disappointing her dead mentor.

In the slack of her confidence, Dam's strike to the lioness' face was sloppy. It missed, not even close to connecting. Her stomach dropped, and she took a step back... but determined not to run, she resumed the battle stance.

She'd yet to say a word to her opponent.

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:13 pm
Roll 4:
Total: 7

Banhishikha backed up barely dodging the attack at her face. Sure, she made it look like she moved with ease, but to be honest it was a very close call. She flicked her tail and hopped back a few feet to give distance between her and the other lioness. She started to pace around the lioness, looking for a good opportune moment to strike again.

She waited for the lioness to make another move. Eyes fixed on the lioness at hand. The battle was still a toss up on who was going to win. To be truthful, the lioness was much more than Ban had expected. She could use some more training, and she felt that perhaps this was a good place to learn. "You're doing okay." She said finally.

Roman Foi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

In Good Faith generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:51 pm
1 = miss / failed attack

Roll One: 1... Roll Two: 3... Roll Three: 1... Roll Four: 1... Roll Five: 2.
Total: 8

User Image

Dam was tired. The disappointment in herself was making the fight drag on, and the embarrassment she felt was even worse. The eyes of the other lions in the area, that were at first invisible, now put an extra weight on her, in addition to her own criticisms.

While Dam had been wallowing in her own thoughts, her eyes had been on autopilot, tracking the lioness' movements. Thats why it was such a shock when the lioness spoke. Dam's mouth opened a little at the surprise, and she paused in her pacing, if only for a heartbeat. She nodded a thank you before resuming into the mindset she needed if she was going to pull out of this with any dignity.

I Lady Kiya I
Well your roll is for either a tie or win. xD;; I'm so nervous. This is so fun!

I Lady Kiya I generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:59 pm
Roll 5
Total: 8

Banhishikha just watched. Her eyes fixed on the other, but she was exhausted. She didn't realize how much work it was to fight with another. Even as simple as this. She had a lot of work ahead of her, but she was going to come out on top. At least, that was what she was going to try to do. For now, she realized the female before her was the same match as she. Which was slightly disappointing, but fitting as well. The lioness was now able to join them as if she was not a rogue.

She relaxed a bit, realizing the fight was now over, and there was nothing else to do for the moment. "Welcome." Was only what came out of her mouth next.

Roman Foi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:01 pm
FINAL: 8-8

User Image

Again. The lioness froze and her eyes widened. Without her conscious decision, she blurted "what?" It sounded like a shout after the lioness having been so quiet the entire match. Her voice felt foreign and separate from herself, especially having acted in its own accord.

The lioness blinked a few times, her eyebrows screwing up on her forehead. Was it over? Dam had been certain the lioness was going to finish her off and send her on her way bloodied and slumped.

I Lady Kiya I
Oh yay! I thought a tie would be the same as a loss for some reason. Makes sense to be admitted the way your RP post framed it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:00 pm
(Nope! Ties are good too)

Banhishikha smiled at the other's surprise, but said nothing. Instead, she was done with this and it was time to be on her way. At least, for the moment. She would have to challenge the lioness again. A rematch was needed! She was determined to beat her.

She turned her back to the lioness, not afraid of the fact that she could rush her easily. No, it was over and she was now apart of the pride. It was nice to see a new face that could match her own skills. Though, she would have to practice a bit more to get stronger and faster!.

{Finished on my part!}  

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out