Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] The Odd Pair

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kimaria rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 Total: 13 (5-20)

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:51 am
User ImageUser Image

This was a good idea - even if Zili didn't think so. She'd have to prove him wrong. Prove to him that they could make it work even if he couldn't see it yet.

"Are you certain?" Zili asked nervously, hovering behind her. The black lion was a tall and slender lion with noble features. His eyes, though nervous, were sharp with intelligence and he was looking rather well-groomed considering how long he had been a rogue (though this had not always been the case).

Xochipepe was a large female, too; lean and muscular with a hard line to her jaw that gave her a dangerous look. In truth, she was a rather gentle creature, but a determined one. She was certainly the type of lioness you would want as a friend and not as an enemy.

"I am. This is for the best. For both of us." She replied, taking a step forward to issue her challenge. The sound of her roar carried across the landscape, grounding her to the earth and setting her heart and chest ablaze with excitement. Hopefully they would not have to wait too long.

"We can do this," she said, encouragingly. "I will go first."

SilverLutz

SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 1, 4, 4 Total: 12 (5-20)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:06 pm
User Image Vidar was on top of the world and had been for a few days. This was a time of change in the Stormborn and he was glad for it, because he had just won himself the title of Captain. He had been out on quite a few Vikings by now as his trinket-adorned mane would attest, but hadn't quite reached a level where he had been able to approach the Warlord to ask about ranking up. Recently, though, he had decided to challenge a Captain to become their equal, and he has succeeded after a hard-fought battle.

A few wounds were still healing and for the most part Vidar was wearing his new title with the confidence of a Captain should. It was while he was strutting around the pride that he heard the tell-tale roar from the border. Someone wanted in. Taking it upon himself, the new Captain trotted in the direction of the roar. After a few minutes two lions came into view and a grin spread over his features. Oh ho! A challenge!

As he got closer his eyes were instantly drawn to the female, her skull marking rather enchanting. His heart had been given to another long, long ago (even though she didn't return his feelings, she still held his whether she knew it or not) but that didn't mean Vidar couldn't appreciate a pretty face when he saw one.

"Well hellooo there," he said as he approached the two, beaming at them. They were both quite larger than he was, but that was fairly normal around here, it seemed. Vidar - by the general standard - was fairly average in size for a lion, but the Stormborn and those that came here seemed to trend on the larger side. No matter - he was a Captain and had earned it, smaller stature or not.

"I heard a call for a challenge," he went on, eyes not bothering to rest on the dark male. "Was it your sweet voice I heard, my dear?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:20 am
Xochipepe regarded the captain curiously. He was a rather striking lion with all his trinkets and that blaze of blue cascading down his sides. With his still-healing wounds, he looked as fierce as she would have expected from such a pride as this. Unused to such a manner, she offered him a bashful sort of smile and nodded, "it was mine. My friend and I would like to seek entrance to your pride. It was agreed between us that ladies would go first." She laughed, taking a step towards him and hunkering down into a defensive position. Her tail flicked behind her with anticipation.

"My name is Xochipepe. I wish to earn my place."

Behind her, the dark lion had begun to scowl a little, casting an eye over the elaborately decorated male. Whilst he was not the largest lion they had ever seen, he had a confidence and aura about him that Zili would have traded his larger stature for.

He realised, with a sudden cold dread, that this lion might be the first of many lions with such a trait. Surely males like that were far more attractive than a lion who lacked confidence...

His thoughts were interrupted as Xochipepe made the first move, lunging forwards in an attempt to catch her opponent off-guard. A forepaw swept upwards, aimed for the male's muzzle.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:27 pm
"Xochipepe," Vidar echoed, a thoughtful look on his face as if he were tasting the name. It was a bit long for his liking but she could always get a nickname if she fought well enough to join. He paid no mind to the dark lion, his gaze only on the red female with the handsome marking on her face.

"Well, my dear, you'll certainly have your chance to prove yourself," he said with a sly grin. "And with a face like that I have no doubt you'll make a nice impression on the lions here. You certainly have on me-"

He was cut off as she lunged forward. Oh, okay, they were starting now! Although he was caught off guard, Vidar side-stepped the attack and shoved her rump to knock her off balance, an amused grin on his face.

"Felt the breeze on that one. Very nice reflexes," he purred, the trinkets in his mane tinkling and jostling together to make a rather musical sound as he moved. He gathered himself for a pounce and jumped towards Xochipepe, paws outstretched but claws within his toes still.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 am
"My face?" She blinked, startled. Her markings had only ever brought her loneliness. "Do you mock me?"

Her mouth twisted in a wry smile and she reared up to meet his pounce, absorbing the tackle and allowing it to carry her backwards. Her fangs, meanwhile, went for his throat - at the spot just before his mane began. She could have been trying to bring him down as if he were an antelope for the tactics she was using.

Zili, on the sidelines, bristled with anxiety. He had to remind himself that this was a challenge. That she did not need (nor likely want) his help. And still, a part of him yearned to go to her aid. To prove himself worthy of attention. This other male seemed to have moved ahead of him in the line and they had barely exchanged any words at all.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:34 am
The attack had Vidar in a bit of a tight spot. He couldn't respond to her question and he really didn't want her to think he was being rude - because he wasn't! He hadn't been mocking at all. But he had to focus on dodging the attack, otherwise he'd be done for and she'd have beaten him embarrassingly quickly.

Her teeth grazed his face as he managed to sneak away just in time, but he kept that quick attack in mind. "Mock you? I was complimentin' you, beautiful," he purred, flicking his tail back and forth as he planned his next move. It came quickly as he darted in again, but this time rather than a full-on attack, he ducked down low and lifted a paw to go for her legs. This time his claws were unsheathed - her teeth hadn't been able to latch on to him but he had certainly felt their sting.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:21 am
She was impressed by his speed, noting how much more tricky it was to catch a lion. Prey startled and let the fear take over. Facing off against a lion was a far different thing.

His next words had her blushing again, giving her a moment of hesitation as she tried too decide on how to move forward. In the next second that decision was taken out of her paws as he made the move. His claws were coming for her now and, drawing in a sharp breath, she leapt backwards to avoid his advance. She felt the sting of his attack as it grazed a foreleg and she continued to back away, catching her breath.

"Ah ha! Now I know you jest. Trying to distract me!" She laughed, leaping to the left and to the right, before moving in for another lunge. Xochipepe was determined to get him where she wanted him.

Zili, dark and silent, brooded as he watched the battle play out. It was hard to tell how well his friend was doing, but she certainly seemed to be holding her own for now. Still, this male was getting him fired up and, after this, he felt like he could take on anyone and win...

...Though faced with the challenge he'd likely go back on that statement of thought.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:21 pm
Vidar managed to get a bit of a hit on her, but she danced away as he had. He laughed just a bit at her words and flashed her a grin. "No and yes," he said with a hum before sitting down and holding up a paw.

"I think you're more than fit to hold your own here, my dear. You have speed, you can land a hit on one of the faster lions here, you have a good sense of humor and a very pretty face. The only thing you're missing is your title."

He winked at her with a broad grin. "But if you'd accept it, I'd be happy to give it to you."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:10 am
"My title?" She asked, glad for a moment to catch her breath. "Do you mean--" she blinked, trying not to look too overjoyed, "Am I--have I passed the challenge?"

Sensing that the encounter was drawing to a close, Zili slowly began to edge forwards, circling to come up alongside his companion.

"Of course I will accept! It would be an honour. You cannot know what it means to me to be part of a pride like this." It was everything she had ever dreamed - though not yet quite complete. Zili would have to challenge for entrance, too. Once they were both accepted, then everything would be truly perfect.

"Is there someone you know who I can challenge, too?" Zili asked, taking Xochipepe by surprise.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:22 am
Vidar nodded, grinning from ear to ear as the lioness expressed her joy at being permitted to enter. It was always a great feeling to see how excited some of the new Stormborn got upon learning they had passed their challenge. Some just sort of nodded and moved on and, while he understood it took all types to make a pride, he enjoyed seeing the excited ones much more.

His gaze turned to the dark lion and he raised a brow as he got back to his feet. "Wouldn't be a very good captain if I was tired from one spar," he said, grinning while showing far too many teeth. "I'll accept your challenge if you'll have me."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:27 am
Xochipepe was grinning from ear to ear, giddy from the news. This was the beginning of her true life. She just knew it. Perhaps here she could find friends and family and true acceptance and strive to be all she could be. She knew Zili was more worried about it than she, but she knew he could be happy too - if he just allowed himself to be so.

Zili, however, seemed startled that the lion seemed more than happy to challenge against him as well. He hesitated, the fire in his veins diminishing as he realised just what he had to do.

"Well, I--"

"Go on," Xochipepe urged, "you can do it. I believe in you."

The dark lion felt himself shaking but, with a slow nod, he agreed, "very well. A challenge against you would be acceptable."

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games