Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm
User Image
Andranis
"Some strange flowers have started popping up around the pride's lands. Nobody knows what they do yet - What does YOUR lion think they do?"

The sun had just passed its peak, light shining through holes in the canopy of the jungle trees. A pocked of sunshine came through on the small spring that the black and blue lioness paced beside. The thief had been within the pride borders for a while now, having taken a break from her ventures away. There were days in her past when staying around for weeks such as this would have created an insufferable itch in her side, but things seemed interesting enough around here.

Veli'mkono stretched her front paws out in front of her before moving to lay at the side of the spring. One leg dangled into the water, the other folding beneath her head. It was peaceful in the small glen. Though she liked the bumble of an exciting life, the thief found this particular spot relaxing every once in a while. Her tail curled around her back legs and she narrowed her eyes. Red orbs scanned the area ahead of her before something caught her eye. The lioness stood and moved away from the spring. Maybe she had been away longer than she had thought?

The lioness pawed at a plant briefly, examining the jagged leaves and pale flowers. She hadn't seen it before. How strange...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:35 am
User Image She'd been spying them here and there for a while now. Soothsayer had to shoo her daughter away from them, not sure yet what they were or what they did. Were they toxic? Where did they come from? What kind of plant WERE they? The only thing she really knew was that they were at least pretty to look at, and they could potentially weave them into hair. Flowerlord had certainly taken to the action.

Padding through the jungle, the insufferably-bright-purple lioness soon happened upon a face she hadn't spied around the pride's lands for a while, laying near a spring. "Opal! It's been some time! Did your travels take you far?" She quietly noted the flower near Opal, eyeing it with suspicion. They were dangerous, she was sure of it... But how were they dangerous?

oo DeD
Sorry for the long time reply there! ADHD = Easily distracted, plus busy family = Harder to focus on things!

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:08 pm
The thief had settled into laying on her side, examining the leaves of the plant. She hadn't been expecting to see anyone else around and she was a bit startled. Having spent a fair deal of time outside the pride lands, Opal's first instinct at an unexpected appearance was to bolt. Her muscles tightened and the blue lioness rolled to her feet.

"Soothsayer!"

A smile cracked onto her maw and the thief blew her blonde bangs out of her face. Her ears twitched and her muscles relaxed. The lioness sat, her tail pulling around her and her front paws settling neatly beside one another.

"I... You startled me, I'm sorry. But yes! It's been a real long time. I've been..." her voice trailed off and red eyes looked upwards, tracing the shapes of the light through the leaves, "I've been all over the place!"

The thief thought back on her travels--the lions she'd met, the places she'd seen, the things she had acquired... It all brought her back home. Back here. And for once she wasn't feeling bored about it. Her gaze moved back towards the older lioness and she blinked, noticing her eyeing the flower. Her own gaze went to it. "I... never noticed these before I left. Are they new?"

Andranis
Sorry about my own delay >>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:40 pm
If she was amused by Opal's reaction, she didn't show it. Another lion might have laughed, of course, but not Soothsayer. She rarely did so around anybody. Her fellow seer and fortune teller, Misty Starlight, was probably one of the few, due in part to the other lioness being one of the few she could touch without triggering visions of the touched lion's past pains.

She made damn sure she never touched those who stepped beyond the pride's borders, and most definitely never any gods.

"I apologize for startling you, Opal. I should have announced my approach sooner, to give you warning." Soothsayer offered the blue lioness a smile, then looked to the flowers. "They're new, yes. We've no idea what they do, though. My daughter's been wanting to play with them, see what she can make and what they do... Others simply wear them." Wearing the flowers, at least, was harmless enough. "I don't trust them, though... Mostly because we don't know what they'll do if somebody eats them."

oo DeD

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:49 am
"Nah, don't worry about it. I'm just not used to being surrounded by only friendly faces," the lioness responded with an effervescent smile. Opal listened to Soothsayer talk about the flowers with interest before looking back at him.

"Does wearing them have any sort of effect?" She asked, meeting the older lioness' eyes as she spoke. At the mention of worry of the plants being eaten, Opal only smiled. "It's only a matter of time before someone tries it," she mused in return, tilting her head enough to brush her hair out of her face. There was a point in the lioness' youth (not long ago, she would admit), that the thief would have given the flowers a taste just at the prospect of figuring out what they did. Time had made her a bit less reckless, but only marginally so. She figured it best not to share this musing with her pridemate. It wasn't uncommon knowledge that Opal was a carefree and impulsive lioness, but she had outgrown flaunting that fact.

Andranis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:36 pm
For a moment, Soothsayer's ears went back. "Unfriendly faces aren't the sorts of faces anybody wants to find, I can see why you would react so startled at first." She tilted her head, before smiling ever so softly. "Habits die hard, but they do eventually leave us, at least." From her own experience, though, the habit of not touching much of anybody was worth keeping. It saved Soothsayer the emotional ache of seeing things in the past she didn't want to see.

Her gaze went back to the flowers, ears once again folding back. "They should be safe to wear, they're certainly pretty." Eyes flicking momentarily up to Opal's, she considered the blue-marked lioness' words. "I DO worry about that, actually." At this, Soothsayer gave a wry grin. "I almost suspect my daughter is up to just that right now, much to my displeasure." Of course, the brown lioness had always been one to do her own thing, so long as her own thing was still within close enough proximity to Soothsayer that she could still be found easily enough, should anything go wrong.

oo DeD
I hate to retag, just a bit of a time crunch to not fail purge ^^;

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:54 am
Opal shrugged. It was a nonchalant gesture, reflective of the lioness' tendency not to take things particularly seriously. It was unclear which of Soothsayer's statements the motion was a response so. "Unfriendly faces aren't the most optimal, but it can't really be helped. All sorts of characters out there... but it's worked out so far." The thief gleamed at her companion. She hadn't been harmed thusfar--at least, not in any way that was lasting. It could be worse.

As the other lioness spoke of her daughter and her concerns, the blue thief chuckled. "Well hopefully they're not too bad then, hm? Sudden appearance of weird flowers. Honestly I can't say I'm surprised. Peculiar stuff seems to be happening around here all the time..." her voice trailed off as so gave a motion to the jungle flora around her. "Has anything else been going on around these parts? It's hard to catch up on everything." Maybe the appearance of the flowers could be connected to some other happenings? It was hard to say. Certainly Opal, as disconnected from everything as she was, wasn't the best opinion on pridal happenings.

Andranis
No worries! Thanks for the reminder <3 I'll try to reply quickly for you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:40 pm
The violet lioness let out a hum, nodding. She thought about the notion that there was somebody, somewhere, who would see how her visions worked, and find a way to exploit it. While it could be helpful for many, she didn't particularly like the pain she felt from it.

Soothsayer shook her head a moment, clearing her mind of the negative thoughts. "The only other things of note lately are the naming of heirs by the current king and queen, and Misty Starlight having strange dreams." She looked at her forelegs and the large red markings on them. "Something about the color red, and that's all I have." It made her grimace just a bit, in part because... What kind of warning came with the color red? What did it mean for those who were of red coloration or bore red markings? It was worrying.

oo DeD

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:48 pm
"Well that's... vague, isn't it?" Opal mused in response to the dreams, she followed Soothsayer's gaze to the red markings on the lioness' forelimbs. Her nose wrinkled in confusion and her attention turned back towards the flowers. "Maybe they're related, in some way? I mean, if the flowers and the dreams are happening at the same time. Maybe someone red would be affected by the flowers in some way? Maybe they let them see something?" Dreams and visions didn't seem too farfetched, considering what the pride was up to. The thief had seen some strange things in the world outside the pridelands, but this place wasn't run-of-the-mill boring and normal, either. Who knew? With all the things going on, it was hard not to be a little superstitious. Opal had an open mind.

It was all very exciting, and the curiosity showed on the lioness' face. Strange flowers and dreams of red. Maybe there was enough going on here to stick around for a while...

Andranis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 pm
"Perhaps..." Shifting, Soothsayer poked at a flower. Her own nose wrinkled at it. Her trust was still very much non-existent in them, what with their unknown properties. "And as if it go paw-in-paw with this all, there's been whispers about how the Dreamers are treated." The Dreamers, the ones who still sought out the insanity of old. They missed their muses, seeking out a cave blessed by the pride's old patron goddess. But they were ostracized, forced into seclusion.

Of course, this only made her think of her cousin, Aurora, who herself seemed to be insane, but a different sort. She didn't seek her muse like the others, but seemed to find something else inside. Soothsayer could only sigh. "Everything's so strange right now..."

oo DeD

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:27 pm
"Dreamers..." Opal echoed, her voice trailing off as she considered the elder lioness' words. The era of insanity was a time before Opal's own. Still, she knew the pride's history and knew well how the group had been treated. Everything was strange, indeed. Strange... in an exciting sort of way. The lioness' tail swished behind her and a smile played on her face. She seemed ambivalent towards Soothsayer's sigh, seeing the future with only optimism.

"Strange but not necessarily bad." The thief beamed. "The horizons are broad and the possibilities are endless. Maybe things will change around a bit, but change is the natural order of things. Besides, what's the worst that can happen?" She added with a wink.

What would happen next, she wondered? It was all very exciting. "Thanks for catching me up. It's been far too long." Red eyes looked back to her companion. "Nice to know things are still exciting around here! " Opal finished with a grin.

Andranis
Good to wrap this up whenever!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:23 pm
What WAS the worst that could happen? Soothsayer let out a sigh, unable to keep from smiling a bit. Opal was right about the horizons, about the possibilities. And who knew, maybe... Just maybe... The red mumbled by Misty Starlight wasn't about a warning, maybe it was a connection. Only time would tell, for sure.

oo DeD
And done ~

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash