Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL-SRP] Ding Ding, Fight!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 2, 4, 3, 4 Total: 15 (5-20)

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:46 pm
User Image Ah, what a wonderful day! Vidar strode confidently through the pride, his mind on one thing and one thing alone - finding a Captain to challenge to try to become one himself. He had grand plans for when he finally claimed the title as his own and now seemed as good a time as any to try to win the title. There was a bit of grandness to gaining it through Breytast Vindar rather than the usual ways and if there was one thing Vidar loved, it was standing out and making a scene.

Finally his gaze rested on one of the Captains. Phosphor was known for being mild-mannered and warm, but there was a strangeness to him that kept most of the pride at bay. Today Vidar wasn't going to let that oddness get to him - he was going to challenge him and win!

"Phosphor!" he called out, his signature grin on his face. "I've come to challenge you for the title of Captain!" He made sure to speak loudly for all around to hear. He hoped there was a bard or two to take down the hopefully epic battle.  
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 4, 2 Total: 12 (5-20)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm
User Image Phosphor was strolling through the pride, hoping to catch a glimpse of a battle. He had heard someone had challenged the Warlord but had lost, which was a pity. He would have loved to see that battle whether or not the challenger had won, but it would have been extra exciting if it had been a success! Still, he was sort of glad they had lost since he hadn't been there to see it.

He was surprised when a lion he had never spoken with walked up to him and challenged him, though. He pulled up in a stop, blue-green eyes taking in the other lion. He was a smaller lion, but that didn't mean anything in the long run. Phosphor knew size didn't make or break a fighter, and if the trinkets in his mane were anything to go by, he was a skilled Reaver.

"I'd be happy to see if you can best me," he said with a pleasant smile. "This is no joining duel, though. Don't expect me to be easy."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:42 pm
Vidar returned Phosphor's grin with one of his own, his tail flicking back and forth as he watched the larger lion. "Oh, don't worry. I don't expect this to be easy." And he didn't. Phosphor was a Captain and had proven himself the old fashioned way, going on on many Vikings to accrue experience.He was also large and had that strange air about him that put off many would-be Reavers that wanted to join a group. The lions around them spread out to give them some room, and once there was a clear battle field, Vidar led the charge.

Phosphor waited for the challenger to make the first move, and he didn't have to wait too long. Once Vidar sprang forward Phosphor did as well, and the two met chest to chest in the center of the makeshift arena. Thanks to his advantage in size and weight Phosphor found himself pushing the other lion back as they battled on hind legs for a moment and he took the opportunity to turn his head and go for the side of Vidar's face with his teeth.

The heavy weight of the other lion shoved Vidar back, sliding through the dirt on his hind paws. When the hot breath of the other male brushed against his cheek Vidar had only a moment to duck, turning to get some distance between himself and Phosphor. He circled the other lion quickly and pounced on his back, using his speed to his advantage. Sinking his claws into the dark pelt, his teeth quickly sought his spine, biting down hard between his shoulder blades.

Feeling the other dislodge after so brief a fight had Phosphor wondering if the other male was serious about becoming a Captain. Turning and running didn't solve every problem. He turned to try to address Vidar, but that was when he felt the weight of the other male on his back. His legs gave way for a moment and he struggled to keep himself upright, which was all the time the other male needed to secure a rather deadly hold on him. With a roar of surprise Phosphor quickly curled his left legs under him, using Vidar's weight to drag them both to the ground, his body falling on the other male's to hopefully squash him a bit to make him let go.

Vidar felt the wind get knocked out of him as the larger lion landed right on his stomach and he had to let go. That didn't mean he didn't continue to wreak havoc on the other male, legs kicking at the dark lion as his claws slashed. Even though he was being squished he had the far better position.

Although the pain around his spine was gone Phosphor knew he was in a sticky situation. Claws and strong paws were battering him from all sides and it was all he could do to get back to his feet. He didn't waste any time in letting Vidar rise, though, as he turned and delivered a stunning blow with his paw to the other male's face.

On the battle raged. Blood covered the ground, causing the dirt to become wet enough that it stuck to the two as they rolled around in the mud. Finally, though, Vidar stood over Phosphor, his claws digging in painfully to the tender underbelly of the other male.

"I've seen enough!" Phosphor finally said, pushing at Vidar's shoulder with a paw. Vidar let him off, panting softly, his pale mane stained with blood from all the bites he had taken from the bigger male. Phos rolled to his feet heavily and looked down at Vidar before giving him a tired but satisfied smile.

"For your tenacity and confidence, I declare myself defeated," he said, bowing his head respectfully to the new Captain. "You will do your Reavers well on Vikings."

Vidar let out a sigh of relief as the battle was called to an end. He was aching and bleeding and they only reason he had kept on going was because of his desire to see it to the end, even if he had lost. As Phosphor declared him the victor he gave a weak smile but held his head high.

"Thanks," he said, flicking his tail with delight. "That was a good fight. I'd be happy to go alongside you and your crew in a join Viking some day!"

The two helped each other clean up a bit, licking wounds that were too hard to reach, before they went their separate ways in good spirits.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games