Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:20 pm
User ImageEir spat out a bone she was chewing on as she watched some of her peers scuffle in the dirt not far from where she rested. Fighting had never much interested her, inheriting her father's warm and large heart. She had inherited her mother's never-say-die attitude, though, and she knew she wouldn't be content to stay in the pride as a Freeborn. She needed to do something else, and as she had grown she had come to find there were more roles that needed filling than she thought.

The problem was, she thought as she got to her paws, finding someone that was willing to teach her. Lawspeaker wasn't a prestigious role but it was certainly an important one. Someone had to remember the old stories, oversee disputes, and try to keep fighting within the pride to a minimum. It wouldn't do to have brothers angry with one another, after all.

So she set off to try to find one of the elusive Lawspeakers, hoping to be trained by them. She had a fierce determination to succeed and see justice done, so she wasn't about to lay around all day and hope they came to her. The large adolescent left behind what remained of her meal and headed off into the pride, the noise of the play fighting behind her dying off the further she got.

Talencia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 pm
SilverLutz
I am really sorry for my major delay, hon!

User Image

Tassa had been making the rounds lately, checking in on pride members, seeing who was missing, presumed dead, actually dead, and learning about new litters. The pride was getting quite large, and seemed to be growing daily, at least from a Lawspeaker's perspective. She currently was sitting in a lovely green knot of trees, gazing at the wind ruffling the surface of a pool while mentally going over the changes to the pride's members, aside from those who had newly joined.

She took a slow breath and carefully eased herself down to stretch out on her belly, keeping her forepaws well away from the edge of the water. She gave a great yawn and let the names and such slide from her mind for a moment. Being a Lawspeaker was exactly what she'd hoped it would be. It challenged her mind and allowed for her clumsy tendencies without making a total fool of her. Just having the title helped to keep the sniggers to a minimum when she snagged her tailfur on a pile of bones, or tripped over nothing at all, or somehow managed to splatter something all over her coat.

Unfortunately, her next task would be with those less inclined to give her some slack. The newly joined rogues had no respect or knowledge of her position. This was going to be a trial. She heaved another slow breath and closed her eyes. The sound of approaching paws made her open her eyes, though, and she turned carefully and deliberately to see who approached.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 pm
Thankfully, Eir didn't have to search for long. She spotted the...spotted hide of one of the pride's few Lawspeakers reclining under a tree and she didn't hesitate to make her way in the other female's direction. She didn't bother to soften her steps, not wanting to startle Tassa as she approached.

"It is a good day to die," she said, bobbing her head as she came within earshot. "I hope you are well, Tassa." Pausing a few paces from the blue speckled Lawspeaker, Eir sat back on her haunches and titled her head up a bit, the wind ruffling her tuft and whiskers.

"I am Eir, daughter of Fastny, and I have come to seek your council on becoming a Lawspeaker. I was hoping you would be able to assist me in claiming the rank for myself." She spoke clearly and without fear even though she knew Tassa had the right to reject her request. There was only a limited number of spots for the title and new lions were always jostling for position. Eir didn't wish to take the title from the older female, though. She simply wanted to join the ranks.

Talencia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:57 am
SilverLutz

Tassa squinted a bit at the younger female. Well this was... new. She hadn't been approached by anyone desiring the rank before, and it took her mind a moment to process the situation. Her first reaction was one of deep trepidation. She felt as if she herself had only just managed to achieve the rank, and now here was someone wanting to learn from her? She didn't feel up to that task at all. Still, Eir had every right to ask this of her. It was undeniably proper and following the ways of the pride. She, as Lawspeaker, was acutely aware of that. Regardless of whether she felt up to the task or not, the correct forms were being followed here.

So rather than send the polite young lioness to another Lawspeaker, Tassa eased herself back up to a sitting position carefully and gave her new apprentice a closer look. "Tell me why you have come to me to ask this," she commanded in an even, calm tone of voice. What and how the adolescent answered would tell her a great deal about Eir's suitability for the position, and would be an important first step in this process.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 am
Eir could almost taste the hesitation coming from Tassa, but she held her ground. She knew she was young and that sometimes made older lions hesitate when considering someone for an apprentice, but she also knew how highly other lions thought of those who took their future into their own paws. Hopefully this lioness would prove to be the latter.

When the question came Eir tried very hard to remain calm and collected as opposed to the excitement she could feel rising up in her chest. Hopefully her answer would please her would-be teacher.

"As a cub my siblings would constantly fight over what they wanted. They would get hurt, the thing they were fighting over would get crushed, something like that would happen. If they simply talked - which I did encourage them to do on occasion - they could reach an agreement without either of them ending up worse for the wear. I realize this pride is quite focused on fighting, but it can't solve every problem," she added with a little bob of her head. To leave all issues to the Lawspeakers would be far, far too much work for the small group. Fighting generally settled grudges, debts, and other such things, but Eir was of the firm mindset that getting an unbiased third party to assist in some squabbles could certainly help.

"That and I find the history and stories of our pride to be quite fascinating. I feel as though we can learn quite a bit from those Reavers and Freeborn who have gone before us."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:17 am
Ah, to be so young and idealistic! Had she ever been that way? Oh, undoubtedly. Now she knew better, but that didn't mean that this youngster's enthusiasm should be quashed. Her intention was clearly noble and for the good of the pride, which was a definite plus. But still, was she ready to be a teacher? She'd had such respect for her own mentor, she had a difficult time imagining herself in the position of being one herself.

"You are correct that fighting doesn't solve every problem. Every society needs rules and boundaries, or it is no longer a society but a purposeless mob." Inwardly she was quite proud of her sentiment, but kept her expression sober and thoughtful. "I will teach you, but you must understand first that while this position is an honor and privilege, it is not all noble righteousness and putting things to rights." She gave her new student an intent look. "It is hard work, and it takes a sharp mind and a clear memory. Today we will test your memory." Might as well take her along to meet the new members. It would be a good way to gauge if she was up to the task. "Are you willing to put in the hard and boring work that is a Lawspeaker's day, do you think?"  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:22 am
Eir's ears perked up as Tassa spoke, warning her not to parade around as if she had the answers to everyone's problems but at the very least accepting her request to be her mentor. Her tail twitched and whiskers quivered as she fought back a smile and instead settled for nodding vigorously to the question.

"More than willing," she said as she moved forward a bit, finally allowed a tiny smile to break through. She couldn't help herself, it was too exciting! "Thank you, Tassa. You won't regret taking me on."

At least, she hoped she wouldn't. She had a lot to learn from this lioness and from experience before she would be considered a true Lawspeaker, but today she had certainly taken a step in the proper direction. Eir waited for Tassa to choose the direction they would head off in, practically vibrating on the spot with how delighted she was.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:34 am
She watched as Eir attempted to hold in her excitement, practically vibrating with it. Not being a cold or detached lioness, she smiled at the repressed enthusiasm. It was good she was so full of energy to begin, considering how much walking and talking was involved with this job! But first, there was one more thing that would have to be addressed... something unique to who Eir had picked to learn from.

It no longer bothered Tassa too terribly much, of course, but it still was something that Eir deserved to know and likely would end up having to help her with. "There is a particular matter I must make you aware of first," she began cautiously, and as if on cue, her slowly twitching tailtip snagged a twig. Of course, having not had a major accident in some time, that mere snag wasn't enough. The twig, bouncing behind her tail, caught on a low-hanging branch of a nearby scrub tree. That one branch, as her luck would have it, was connected to a higher one by an astonishingly strong spiderweb, so that both branches bent as her unintentional tail movement pulled on them. The twig came loose, and both branches snapped back into place, showering both lionesses in dew collected among the leaves.

Tassa gave a slow sigh, closing her eyes against the exasperation. "This is an example," she said with practiced control, "of what you will also be helping me with." She reached a paw to carefully untangle the twig from her tailfur, discovering in the process that a portion of the old spiderweb had decided to attach itself to her as well, across her back where she was unable to entirely reach it. She cast Eir a wry look. "This sort of thing happens to me all the time, and occasionally I need help extricating myself or fixing the mess I create." She managed to remove the twig and turned her back to the adolescent female. "Would you mind?" It was both a question for the future and a request for current help, but something told her this younger lioness wouldn't mind helping out, in either case.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:40 am
Eir tilted her head as Tassa spoke, and quite suddenly there was a little rain of dew from the branches above. Not a single drop landed on Eir but Tassa was showered with water, leaving the spotted lioness with new dark splotches on her pelt. The younger lioness bit back a grin as Tassa untangled a branch from her tail and without prompting moved forward to assist in brushing off the damp spider web that was now clinging to her fur.

"Not at all," she said, reaching up to swipe her paw along Tassa's back to help her escape from her soggy fate. "It's the least I can do to repay you for being my mentor."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:45 am
The good heart of the younger lioness shone brightly through in the moment, and Tassa beamed unabashedly at her. "Thank you," she said simply. "I think you and I will get along very well as you learn." There was always that off-chance that, despite grand dreams, Eir had not had the proper heart and attitude to be a Lawspeaker, but this last gesture told Tassa all she needed to know. With time and teaching, Eir would become a fine Lawspeaker, and one that she would be proud to say she had trained.

"Come, we have new members to meet. We will be learning not just their names, but where they have come from and whatever we can about their ancestry." She rose carefully and moved towards the dens where the newcomers tended to cluster. "It can be tough, as not everyone wants to reveal their background, but the more we can learn, the better knowledge we will be able to pass on to future generations." Thus the learning began in earnest!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces