Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands
[PRP] Double date? (Isifo'intombi, Ee'bo, Mitternacht)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:56 pm
User ImageThis was embarrassing... she had managed to double book herself! Two males were approaching her, and she'd promised them both an evaluation today at noon. Estrilde looked from one to the other, and decided she'd just have to roll with it. She usually met her clients one at the time, unless it was a couple wanting to make sure they were truly compatible. Usually she could give reassuring news, but one time she'd found that the hopeful couple were actually a bit more related than she liked. It was heartbreaking, but they'd accepted her advice and ended the relationship.

She wouldn't have to break any hearts like that today, she hoped. Unless one of the lions had a certain someone in mind... But for these particular bachelors she wasn't that worried. They weren't related to any of the larger family lines and unless they took a shine to a sister or cousin (ew) they should be fine. She smiled, glad that they couldn't read her mind.

"Ee'bo, Mitternacht, welcome!" she greeted them, hoping that they shouldn't question the fact that they had found themselves in a pair evaluation.

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Unmatching eyes stared at the lioness matchmaker and then glanced to the other lion with a highly judgmental look on his face.

First thought was that she had called the other for a reason, but when she greeted both, his suspicions were confirmed. He debated not saying anything, to just let it be. Double booking, a double evaluation wasn't a big deal right? Only she might say things he didn't want the other to hear. So he spoke up.

"....Isifo'intombi what is this? You said I would get an evaluation." He sounded haughty and then looked over to Ee'bo before snorting. Mitternacht wasn't the easiest lion to get along with, for very specific reasons he's showing now. He thought he was better than most. He also didn't think she'd find him a proper pair, so why he was even here he didn't know. He just didn't know what else to do.

He didn't want to be alone. Even his mother hadn't ended up alone.. "You double booked us?"

Annchen

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:14 pm
Isifo cringed as Mitternacht started to make a fuss at once. Perhaps she should send one of them away, but she didn't really want to do that either. She had a feeling Mitternacht wouldn't get any happier if she didn't help him today, and Ee'bo had already had to postpone a meeting due to health concerns.

"I sometimes meet two clients at once," she said, "But I'm sorry, I should have checked if it was okay with you first."

---

User ImageThe other male didn't look very impressed when he saw him, but then Ee'bo wasn't a very impressive male. According to the healers he was still in what they considered the beginning stages of the disease, but his blessing came before he was fully grown and it showed. His most striking feature was the white bone-like markings on his tail, and he tried his best to keep them groomed no matter how bad he felt.

"Thank you Isifo'intombi," he said, fighting the impulse to cough, "Hello Mitternacht."

A double booked evaluation? It seemed unusual, but Ee'bo was willing to give it a try. The matchmaker should know what she was doing, right? He swallowed, trying to soothe the itch in his throat before speaking again.

"I don't have any secrets as far as I know," Ee'bo said, "And if you're worried I've taken a vow of confidentiality as a priest."

The last part was directed at Mitternacht.

---

"Soo, what do you say?" Isifo said, turning to Mitternacht, "Are you ready to do this?"

She should have seen this coming. It could take a lot of work to get a client relaxed enough to work with her, and two at a time didn't make it any easier. Luckily Ee'bo seemed fairly laid back, but it might just be his personality. Either that or his profession. Priests probably had to be all patient and saintly and stuff.

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 am
Mitternacht worked his jaw as they seemed to talk around him. Ugh. He just wanted to get this over with. He didn't even know why he agreed to this. He'd find someone who'd like his personality, wouldn't he?

Once more he squinted and just rolled his eyes. "Whatever, let's get it over with." He looked to Ee'bo and snorted. If he breathed one word of this to anyone, well.. Mitternacht wouldn't mind putting a priest in his place. His claws dug into the dirt before he focused his attention on the matchmaker.

"How do we even do this? What, you just look at us and then that's it? Or something like that?"
Annchen

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:39 pm
Isifo smiled. She could handle this, no problem. It was actually a common question, so she was used to explain the matching process. While there was a small element of 'will these two look pretty together', there were other things that were more important. Healthy cubs, compatible personalities...

"We'll chat for a bit to help me understand what you're expecting and if you have any special requests," she said, "And I'll also make sure we know as much as possible about your ancestors."

These two wouldn't be too much of a problem when it came to relatives in the pride. They were not related to Sliabh or any of the larger families.

"So, Ee'bo," she said, "You're blessed, right? What do you know about your family?"

---

Ee'bo was indeed blessed by the Grey Lady so he just nodded. A blind lion would probably be able to guess he was suffering from the plague. There was something about the scent that changed. He wouldn't be able to describe it to an outsider, but there was a difference in scent between the diseased and the healthy.

"I have a female cousin in the pride, Nikusaidie," he said, "My Mother is Veri, my aunt is called Uuni, and I don't know who my father is. All I know is that he has markings resembling a bone mask and wings, like my brother Kaillot."

It wasn't a lot to work with, but hopefully it was enough.

---

Isifo nodded. She actually didn't know about the cousin, and that annoyed her. Oh, wait. Nikusaidie was Kasoro's sister, right? She filed this information away for later, despite the fact that her old playmate had left the pride several seasons ago.

"How about you Mitternacht?" she asked, "Are you diseased, and what do you know about your family?"

Peppermint Coffee

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff