[PRP] Discussing Visions [Udayi & Kari]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 am
Kari had not been able to stop thinking about the female, Udayi, since he had been introduced to her by his brother. There was something about her that he found drawing. Perhaps her personality...her openness. She had felt easy to speak to and because of that he had been gearing himself up to approach her again.

And today was that day.

His brother was out on his patrol and he'd no patients to tend to that day - not planned ones, anyway. So, with this in mind, he began his search of the dens, trying to find which one belonged to Udayi during her stay here.

Part of him wanted to call out, but another part told him he'd look ridiculous. So, instead, he tried to make himself as visible and noisy as possible so that he might attract the attention of anyone nearby.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:18 am
The grand tour of the Bahari had left Udayi exhausted. Dagr had shown her everything there was to see, she had taken a swim in the ocean, and on top of that had been walking the entire day before she had even happened upon the pride. She hoped Kari wouldn't find her absence off-putting, but she really needed to sleep. She woke to the sound of birds and waves and a little smile crossed her muzzle. This was home now and she loved it.

She stretched and pulled herself out of the den she had used for the night. It was a bit small, obviously meant for passing lions that didn't intend to say, so she'd have to find one that suited her size a bit better. No sooner had she emerged than the sound of someone heading her way caught her attention. Lo and behold, it was Kari.

"Good morning," she said cheerfully to the blue maned twin. "Sorry I didn't find you yesterday, Dagr insisted I take a swim and the sea took a lot out of me."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 pm
He brightened to see her, altering his path to move towards her, the smile widening on his maw. "That's quite alright. It sounds like you had an enjoyable day. Have you been won over, yet? The Bahari'mtoto has a place for you if you wish it."

He came to a stop and glanced at her a moment, "do you have some time now? If you did, I'd love to pick up the conversation we started before." The prospect had his heart racing.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:28 pm
Udayi stretched a bit more as Kari spoke, his question making her grin and nod. "You know, I think I have been," she said as she moved a bit closer to the male. "Both by the beautiful scenery and the handsome lions that seem to live here," she added with a little chuckle.

As his words turned to their conversation the previous day, the lioness nodded once more. "Of course, I've got all the time in the world," she said fondly. "You know, if it weren't for the fact that you and Dagr look so much alike I'd have a hard time being convinced that you're related." The twins were very different, anyone could see, but Kari's polite and almost formal way of speaking was so stark from Dagr's teasing, sarcastic tone that she couldn't decide which she enjoyed more.

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:49 am
Kari looked momentarily bashful at her words, casting her a smile that tried its best to look unaffected - and failing miserably. "I'm so glad," he continued, "it would be wonderful if you stayed."

He closed the gap, coming to stand before her and then stepped to the side so that he could walk alongside her. With what he wanted to talk about, he supposed it was better to move into less populated ground. When it came to topics he thought highly of, he liked to focus on them without too much outside interruptions. At her observation of him and his brother, he gave a light chuckle, "you're not the first to have said that. Nor likely to be the last. My brother likes to act tough, but he's a rather sensitive lion deep down. Though...probably best you don't tell him I said that."

Stepping over a tangle of roots and then avoiding an overgrown plant, they came to a stretch of open land where - on the horizon - herds grazed.

"You seem very...grounded. Uh, what I mean to say is, you seem like you have accepted your gift of being a seer very well. You are...comfortable with it." He shook his head, hating how he wasn't getting his point across, "do you know what I mean?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:35 am
Udayi fell into step beside Kari as they began to walk together. She was happy to follow this brother around today to talk rather than see the pride - she was sure Dagr had shown her every last nook and cranny the previous day.

"Sensitive, hm?" she hummed thoughtfully. She really hadn't picked that up from Dagr, but as Kari said, he acted...tough. Ish. She would have said more teasing, but maybe that was just because she was new.

"Oh, yeah. I'm comfortable with it. There's lots of seers back in the Pridelands," she said with a little nod. "It's pretty easy to find another seer there. My father told me that's not the case with most prides, but this one doesn't seem particularly against it."

Tilting her head, Udayi glanced over at Kari again with a curious expression. "Or is that an incorrect assumption?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:02 pm
"No, no, you're right in that assumption. Seers aren't frowned upon here. I suppose...maybe some lions find the gift a little...disconcerting." He paused a moment, allowing the break in conversation to fill with birdsong. The sound gave him the confidence to press on.

"I'll be honest with you, Udayi. I've...been given the gift, too. It manifested itself suddenly when I reached adolescence and I was so unsure of what to make of it. It...scared me a little, to be honest, and I got myself muddled with things, not recalling whether they had actually happened, were yet to do so, or even would at all." He slowed his pace, "I tripped up one day with Dagr and had to tell him everything. What I foretold came true for him and so has everything else so far."

He came to a complete stop and turned to look at her, "I've not spoken about this with anyone else - even though seers aren't treated any differently. I just...I think it's because I have so little control over it."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:13 pm
As Kari unloaded a bit, Udayi listened politely. Just from her father's stories she knew that seers could be either revered or feared or somewhere in between. It seemed this pride was somewhere in the middle, respecting what they did not understand but still a bit wary of those that could see things they could not. As the male continued on she gave him a little smile and moved forward to give his shoulder a little bump with her own.

"Well thanks for confiding in me, Kari. I've heard of some seers being so powerful they go mad," she added with a sage nod. "But you don't seem mad, and I'm not mad. At least, I don't think I am." She gave him a little wink to let him know she was teasing.

"My visions started when I was an adolescent as well. Just one day, boom! I thought I was just daydreaming at first, but then when I started getting deja vu too often for it to be a coincidence I asked my parents about it, and my mother was quick to inform me of my talents."

It was a bit sad to think that Kari had gone so long being afraid of his power, but perhaps they could learn to control their visions together. Or at least could try. "Maybe that's why I was drawn here," she added thoughtfully. "I mean, the sea is great, but there was this sense of urgency to the visions that brought me to the Bahari. Like...I needed to come here to do something. Maybe it's to help you not be so nervous about sharing your gift."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 am
He smiled at her, grateful for someone to talk to who would understand and who was more confident than he. "We've got that on our side, at least. I'm sure I would have gone mad by now if it was going to happen."

Then it was his turn to listen, interested to note that she was of a similar age when they acquired their gift. Perhaps it was a change in body that started the process. Or maybe a change in mind? "It is good that your mother was able to explain it to you. Perhaps that is why you learned to accept it so quickly. My mother has no experience of such power and my father was a rogue who we never met." He had never been sure how he had felt about that. Cubs born of rogues had, in the past, been treated a little differently from those with parents within the pride.

Both ears lifted at her theory of being directed here. Perhaps this was a step in the right direction. Perhaps they were supposed to meet. "If you could do that, I'd be eternally grateful. I want to learn more about it. Try and master it so that it doesn't creep up on me when I least expect it to. I don't know...maybe that sort of mastery is impossible, but I'd like to try. I'd prefer to be in control of the power rather than the other way around." He paused a moment, "there...there might be someone else you could help, too. But... I don't know if it's my place to say..." He trailed, clearly torn.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:08 am
"I'll do my best!" Udayi said with a little laugh. "I've never heard of someone being able to go from not controlling their visions to getting a hold of them, but then again I've never heard of someone who has tried. We can figure it out together."

She glanced off towards the herd that stood before them, her tail swishing thoughtfully behind her. Her father had warned her that there were prides that didn't believe in gods or that actually hunted them, but her question was burning too bright in her mind. She herself wasn't godborn, but perhaps Kari was. She'd never been known to hold her tongue for potentially delicate questions so she pressed on with it after just a moment.

"Do you know how you got your powers? Are you the son of a god?"

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:47 am
"If we even partially succeed, then it could be a major breakthrough for all seers who feel overwhelmed by their gift. It could be interesting to see whether you - with your confidence - might command it more readily than someone like myself."

He paused then, out of surprise for her question. The son of a god? The very question seemed utterly ridiculous and yet...why did his heart pound as if it knew the answer and was trying to deny it. "M-my mother never really specified. I mean, she said our father was an unusual lion. That he was sullen and alone. But...a god?"

"Does that change anything? About the gift? If it were true, that is."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 pm
This whole 'overwhelmed by their gift' thing was very new to Udayi and she considered herself rather lucky now that she realized not everyone enjoyed being a seer. Hopefully she could get Kari to be as comfortable with it as she was.

"Oh, that's right...didn't know your father," she said, clicking her tongue in annoyance at herself for not remembering. That made the chances a bit better that he might have been, though. "Oh, I don't think so. Those in the Pridelands that were born to gods were generally seers with the occasional one or two that weren't. I think it's just a higher chance of being one. I don't have a god parent, though. I was just born that way," she said with a proud grin. "Rarer to come by for sure."

Kimaria

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:52 pm
Well this was interesting...

"So, the likelihood of having more than one seer in a litter goes up if one parent was a god?" He was thinking out loud, trying to absorb what she was saying. He and his brother were twins, sure, but they were still their own persons. If the chances of being a seer without a god parent was rare...then what were the odds of two cubs in a litter being given the gift?

"Perhaps I should ask my mother more about this." He was unsure whether she would even tell him the truth, but somehow he felt like he already knew.

"It would make sense if he was, though." He shook himself, trying to dispel the seriousness that had fallen upon him and absorb more of her energy. At her proud grin he gave a laugh and shifted sideways to give her a nudge with his shoulder. The touch, which he had meant to be fleeting, lingered a little longer than planned, leaving him feeling a little flustered.

"You are too amazing. Do you know that?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:57 pm
"That seems to be the trend. There's whole litters, six, seven cubs sometimes that are all seers! Varying in strength, of course." She had seen a few litters like that herself and had heard of far more. There was always the occasional odd one out, though, but hey. Nothing in the world was perfect.

"Of course, you could just be extra hard to come by and have two or more seers in a litter without a god parent. Very rare, but it happens," she said with a little nod. None of her siblings were seers as far as they all knew, but that didn't mean visions couldn't happen upon them at a later time.

The lingering nudge made her grin again and she leaned against the male for a moment. "Flattery will get you nowhere, Kari," she teased, flicking her tail to brush against his. "But I do know I'm too amazing. Have to take it down a few levels so I don't scare off the handsome lions of this pride, hm?"

Kimaria
Do we want to get another going? With the ORP Udayi just would need one more for breedin'!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:03 pm
He found her such a grounding energy. His anxiousness had only just started to rise and already it was falling under the strength of her words. It was probably a little too soon to call on how serious his feelings were, but he could definitely file them under; "first proper crush".

She made him giddy.

"Ah, well, I can but try," he smiled back at her teasing, "I think you'll have to beat them away with a stick if you carry on the way you are." He gave her another grin and continued, "come, let's go and see if the hunting group has returned."

When he was with her, his troubles didn't seem half so bad.

SilverLutz
Ahhhhh, these guys inspire me so much. I don't even know how I want this to play out. We need to plot hardcore!

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games