Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 pm
User Image

Happy as can be and certainly strutting her stuff the pale lioness admired her surroundings with that of an excited, young lioness.Chest puffed she glanced down, admiring a corkscrew shell, colored nearly the same color as toes with a tender stare. It was obvious this shell meant a lot to her and so it should, having come from a new love interest and all.

So to say she was beaming would be an understatement - she was basically all smiles, something that reached her eyes easily.

Distracted by her own happiness she almost ran into a lion, blushing lightly she turned to them and smiled a little more softly. "I'm so sorry."

magnadearel
Crappy first post, yay!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:22 pm
Mysses Greenie
Lol we all got our days! Thanks for the start!

User Image

To say he had a lot on his mind would be like saying the tidal pool was the ocean to an ant. At least he thought he remember being told they were called tidal pools. Desher stood at the edge of such a pool and stared into it; watching the animals that lived there despite being temporarily cut off from the ocean. He was trying to settle into a new way of life, and felt like the world was going to crash over him when the tide came rushing back in.

On top of that, he had a funny feeling his mate was trying to hint at something. Something that began with 'c'. Or rather many little things that began with 'c'. Desher wasn't sure he was quite ready for that again. It was nice meeting some of his adult cubs on the trip here. They had just gotten here after all! It must be Lani felt safe and wanted to mother something again. He sighed. He knew it was coming.

He felt something brush against his rump and he almost took a step into the pool. Startled he looked back to find a lioness. "Hello. It's alright, I was woolgathering it seems."

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 pm
So it seemed the pair of them were in the same pickle, lots on their minds. Though judging by the look present on the males face he was actually a little concerned? She smiled a little more warmly at him as he accepted her apology. "Everyone has something on their minds these days." She mused to him. "I'm just glad that I'm not alone in that plague."

A small laugh escaped her and in the moment she realized he had almost planted himself in some water. "Happy to see you've avoided a soaking at least. Are you new here?" Her question was innocent and sporadic - she also smelled something familiar on him.

More like someone.

magnadearel
Like Davys Lani? O:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:38 pm
Mysses Greenie
The very one. =D

Politely he re-orientated himself to face the lioness instead of giving her his butt to talk to. Desher gave a laugh to relax himself. "Truth there. I'm sure that some are heavier than others." She didn't seem doom and gloom so he had to guess that her news was quite good. Since she seemed nice, he was happy for her.

"So am I! I'd hate to go home with wet feet. The sand sticks terribly." He'd never realized just how much wet sand stuck! In the desert it had never really been an issue. He was quickly learning the value of dry paws here. Desher gave a nod. "Aye, just a few days here so far. My mate and I came from the desert. I'm Desher-bik. What's your name?"

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:06 pm
Unable to put her paw on the scent right away she ignored it long enough to listen to his words. She hadn't realized that she had been focusing so hard on the smell that she had nearly missed his speaking, a one track mind really.

"Oh very likely - mines not bad, not at all. I've recently acquired something like love." She giggled slightly, she certainly wasn't a young lioness, but definitely wasn't out of the game. To admit such a thing out loud made the lioness look about, clearly trying to see if she finds the lion who stole her heart, not having found him she sighed softly, a grin still clear on her face.

She knew full well the woes of a wet paw covered with sand and just the thought removed the smile that was replaced with a grimace. "There isn't much more uncomfortable than a paw filled with sand, it gets between the toes and seems to linger days after you think you've washed your paws." She giggled softly at the problem that though sounded small when you talked about it was awful when experiencing it.

"My gosh!"

She knew the smell, but not a name to go with it. "You've been around a dark pelted lioness recently? Blind, but very capable." She recalled the lioness with happy memories of their recent encounter. "I apologize, I don't have a name." Though how many blind lioness' could be roaming about?

magnadearel
The irony in our meet and greet between Yawo and Lani.. they never exchanged names lmao

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:37 pm
Mysses Greenie
Hahaha! Now she'll be able to walk up and call her by name!

"I'm glad to hear that. Love is a wonderful thing to have." He knew it from personal experience. He loved his mate. They still had their differences and opinions; sometimes they didn't match and they fought. In the end they worked it out and carried on. Desher smiled. It was clear to him that she was still in the giddy throws of love. Particularly when she twisted back as if looking for said love. He hoped the new pair would weather any emotional storms. "Mine is good news as well, I think. I'm just not ready for it."

"Precisely! In the desert, water dries up so fast it doesn't stick for long when it does. I'm afraid unless I want permanent sand wads between my toes I'll have to stay out of the water." Unless there was trick he hadn't been shown yet.

He startled as she let out an exclamation. His new found first instinct, was to check the ocean behind him. Nothing appeared amiss there, the tide wasn't about to wash over them. Desher looked back at the lioness. He blinked startled as his mate was described to him. "So it seems you've met my mate. Dark pelt with stars along her back, and a crescent moon on her forehead? Hokulani is her name, or just Lani." It seems his mate had been taking excursions without him. Same as usual.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:56 pm
"Thank you and you're absolutely right." She, in all sense of the word, literally could not agree with him more. Meeting Ailani was perhaps one of the most memorable things in her life, so far at least. "That's good - though it's understandable that not all good news is news you're ready for." Yawo wondered to herself what kind of news that could be, but everyone reacted to things differently - something she may consider fine, might teeter another to feel unsure.

"Oh! You're from the desert?" Curious eyes became large and cub-like. "How incredible! It's entirely an opposite of our environment here, you better get used to feeling damp." She laughed teasingly. Being damp became second to most any feeling on a common day. "If someone offers you a secret to stopping that, let me know. I have only just become to come out of my shell, so perhaps someone along the way of my change will let me know. If I hear anything I'll pass it along as well."

She peered apologetically at startling him, but when he thoughts came together she always became excited. "Yes, yes!" She proclaimed as he described her new teacher. "Hokulani, what a beautiful name." Yawo was thankful to finally know the name of her trainer, the next encounter wouldn't be so awkward now, for at least one of them.

"She was so kind and helpful! I had run into, nearly as mistakenly as I ran into you - or perhaps it was the other way around. Either way she's offered to teach me a little something about some of the medicines and what I need to collect." She was beaming with pride now.

magnadearel
Yes! It'll be a little one sided though - since Lani won't know Yawos name lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:32 pm
Mysses Greenie

He chuckled softly as she agreed with him. Ah young love blinds everything. Desher was so glad he was past that part, although he wasn't going to spoil it for the female. He nodded. "Truth to that." Was he even remotely ready for another litter? Not by a long tail. Not that his opinion mattered if that's what his mate truly had been hinting at. Time would tell there. The more he played ignorant, the more direct she'd get.

"Indeed I am. Spent almost my whole life there. It'll be like an extended monsoon season. We do get down pours in the desert." He laughed with her. Just about everything in this pride was going to take getting use to. Not surprising considering the vast differences between them. "I'd be happy to pass along the secret." Something told him it was just another facet he'd have to adjust to. "Much appreciated."

"She is something," he admitted. Of course, he was biased. His ears twitched as she admitted to almost running into his mate too. "Maybe you should try not running into others. It's a heck of a way to meet someone." Desher teased her. That sounded like his mate. She liked helping.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:56 pm
Her thoughts were clearly very narrow on how the desert was. Yawo imagined it as very dry, all the time, not just most of the time. So to hear they to got downpours, that was a surprise. "Learn something new everyday." She mused happily. Perhaps that should be here goal? The pale lioness decided to keep that in the back of her mind as a goal.

"I know many lions who would appreciate that." Well, she knew of many lions. Her knowledge of others within the pride was pathetic, in fact she seemed to primarily speak with newer members. One of those members was now her teacher, she'd appreciate that for a long while.

"Lani is certainly special - even in the moments I spent with her I could tell that." Yawo blushed lightly at his comment, but laughed all the same - her awareness came into question, but that wasn't to much of a shocker. "I'm not so sure, I seemed to meet a lot of nice people that way." Her laughed carried over and the smile remained.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:06 pm
Mysses Greenie
Fin?

He smiled, pleased to pass on a bit of knowledge this lioness might never otherwise have encountered. The desert would always be his home and special to him. He predicted soon his new friends would become tired of hearing his stories about it.

"Mmmm. There does seem to be that. When all else fails right?" When he looked around, a surprising amount of time had passed. "I suppose I should be moving along and check on Lani. Good running into you." Desher gave her a nod and headed back toward his den.

magnadearel

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff