Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:52 am
User Image

Noxolo was snoozing at the moment, taking a nap under the shade of a tree nearby her mother and other lionesses.

It was right in the middle of the day when the sun was at its highest in the sky and blazing its rays down onto the lands. The early morning had been a little cooler, allowing the lionesses to be productive and get things done before the sun made itself known.

The small girl had only been able to play for a few hours before she was forced to retreat to find shade. Of course, sitting still in the shade was as boring for her as it was for any other cub her age, so she'd inevitably fallen asleep.

Blinking her eyes open, she yawned and began to look around for her sisters.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:19 am
User ImageThe mighty lioness stalked her unsuspecting prey, dark form stalked through the high blades of wheat, her tail flicking slowly behind her. As it began to stir she froze, her body flattening to the ground as it's eyes searched the Savannah for something. She was patient so she waited until it's attention was turned elsewhere before she slowly slunk closer and closer, her little body wriggling with excitement.

She pounced, arms outstretched as she hurled herself onto the half awake form of her sister. "Gotcha!" She shouted as she furled her sister up into a tight hug and gnawed on her ear happily.

Big Hobbit

belloblossom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:13 pm
User Image

Mazuri had curled up beside her mother's side after the lioness had returned from her duties to the pride. She was content in dozing in the shade, the heat of the sun continuing to blaze down upon her dusty coat. She did not envy her darker-coated sisters, especially Mthunzi, her coat the darkest of them all. She was imagining silly things as she dozed, like antelopes with wings on their heads big as elephant ears that carried them off the ground in flight, but dragged on the ground when they were running.

Paws twitching, Mazuri imagined herself flying alongside them, the clouds brushing against her fur. Then she realized, it wasn't the clouds brushing her fur, but dust kicked up by someone's mighty leap. Mazuri blinked, raising a paw to brush away the grime that lay across her muzzle as she saw the perpetrators: Mthunzi.

She got to her paws and stretched with a smile.
"Nice catch, -unzi." She said mid-yawn. "Can't help thinking it might have been more impressive if your prey wasn't asleep though. Mama says most prey-things move when you start chasing them." Shaking the drowsiness brought on by the heat was a challenge, but Mazuri puffed out her chest playfully anyhow. "If you want a real play-hunt, I'll run from you! C'mon!" She jumped forward towards her sister, poked her in the side with a paw, and then jumped away. "C'mon, c'mon! You too, Noxolo! Hunt me! Betcha can't catch me!" She said before darting away and waiting eagerly to play with her sisters.

AstoriaFallen

Big Hobbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:44 pm
"Aah!," Noxolo yelped in surprise when her sister Mthunzi pounced on her. She should have known that with four siblings around she wasn't going to be getting much more time to herself.

Even though she enjoyed romping and rolling just as any cub, she was a bit more reserved in her personality. She was very observant and loved to watch the lionesses go on about their daily tasks. Nox always thought that they were so pretty and strong looking. She hoped to be like that when she was bigger.

Nox perked up at the sound of a hunting game. It was one of her favorite games because she felt like she was learning to do something important.

"I bet I can catch you!," she shouted before jumping up and taking off after Mazuri.

belloblossom

AstoriaFallen

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:24 pm
She was thrilled she had caught her and then looked over at her other sibling. "She was awake..... Sorta." So it counted in her book. When her sister took off and Noxolo after her she scrambled up and chased after them as well. "Wait for me! I bet I can catch you to." She cried as she scampered through the tall grasses after her sisters.

Big Hobbit
ahh it sucks I'm sorry.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:56 pm
Mazuri let out a squeal of glee when her sisters began to chase her and sped on ahead. Her quick pace was doubled when she realized how hot the ground was below and she pranced about in a comedic fashion.

"Hot, hot, hot!" She hissed, raising each paw high into the air and hopping about much like a hare. "Ouch, ouch!" She suddenly missed the shade quite a bit, but her sisters were standing between her and the shade the lionesses rested in. Rather than try to figure out a way around them and be pinned onto the burning dirt, she searched about until she saw another tree providing minimal shade to run to.

So she bolted for it though whether she would get there before her sisters did was a mystery. And who knew what could be sleeping in the shade, loathing the idea of being awoken by a few wandering cubs.

Big Hobbit
If you guys want the girls to run into a bit of trouble, I have a snake or hyena that could be dozing in the shade. Or the goal could simply to get into the shade and "protect their territory from outsiders" to keep the whimsical game theme. Thoughts?

AstoriaFallen

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:54 am
Noxolo knew that there had been a reason why she'd chosen to take a nap today. It was still hot, and it was even hotter now that it was later into the afternoon. She found herself continuing to run just to keep her paws off the ground.

When she noticed Mazuri making a run for shade, Nox took off after her. She was fairly fast for a cub and managed to catch up to her sister in a short amount of time. She couldn't wait to get back out of the sun's direct path. She glanced back to make sure that Mthunzi was still with them.

belloblossom
I think something small like a snake would be fun, a large predator might be a little scary for them

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:40 am
The running around was quite exhausting and the warm ground was starting to irritate her feet but she pushed it aside, she wanted to play! However, it seemed that Mazuri suddenly had the same idea but in a slightly more dramatic way. Giggling at her sister she looked around the immediate area for somewhere to stand that wasn't scorching hot, however there wasn't any. At least Mazuri had the right idea and was already bolting towards the shade, Noxo right behind her.

She followed suit and chased after her two sisters. "Last one there is a hippopotamus!" She said catching up to them. It wouldn't be any fun if she had said that and was already behind them. "The tree seemed so close, yet at the same time, so far away. Still, she made it into a game and that made it that much better.

Big Hobbit
I DID NOT MEAN TO TAKE THS LONG ;n;

belloblossom
I like the whimsical game theme ^^

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:30 pm
Mazuri let out an excited squeal when she found suddenly both of her sisters at her shoulders. For a moment, the hotness of the day disappeared and they were simply running about the savannah without a care in the world. Then Mthunzi cried out a challenge and Mazuri gave a final shove with her hind legs leaped forward, clearing enough length that when she rolled over and scrambled, it was her paw that touched the shade first.

But the shade didn't feel like ground, it felt strangely cool and wiggly and...
"S-S-Snaaaaake!" She hissed and stumbled back with alarm.

---------------------

Usiku, the snake that had been disturbed via a giant paw coming down upon her back from the heavens, was displeased to say the least. The black serpent raised her head and turned two irritated eyes onto the perpetrator. It was a young cub, a brown one, with two more in pursuit. The snake uncoiled herself and then slithered forward, causing the brown cub to hiss in alarm.

While she realized that it would end up being three against one if she stayed, Usiku was reluctant to give up her resting place. It was the perfect mix of hot from the sunlight, but not in direct sunlight to make her regret her black scales. Sunbathing in a drought, even for a cold-blooded creature, was not as enjoyable as one would think. So, she raised her head from the ground and gave an eerie hiss, warning the cubs away from her and fixing a pointed look at each of them for good measure.

----------------------

Mazuri had frozen stiff when the snake hissed at her and let out a small whimper at the look the snake gave her.
"'Thunzi? N-Nox?" She glanced back at her sisters with fear in her round eyes, "Whaddo we do?"

Big Hobbit

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:08 pm
Noxolo was relieved to see that they had almost reached the shady area and kicked up her speed to try and beat her sisters. However, it was Mazuri that got there first. Initially Noxolo laughed at the way that her sister dove for the shadow of the large tree, but then she stopped in her tracks when she saw Mazuri collide paws first with a snake!

Nox folded her ears back in alarm and backed away as the snake hissed at them for disturbing her.

"Say sorry and maybe it'll leave us alone," she said, thinking that it was a pretty good idea.

belloblossom

AstoriaFallen

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:18 am
Mazuri looked to Noxolo with a frightened face and then turned to 'thunzi, who hadn't spoken a word. Was 'thunzi more scared of the snake than either of them? Well, in that case, it was probably for the best to do like Nox suggested. With a gulp and hope that the snake didn't bite her, the brown cub approached slowly and let out a mewl of uncertainty when the black snake hissed at her, warning her to stay away.

"W-We're sorry for spooking you." She squeaked. "We just were eager to get into the shade." Come to think of it, her paws weren't burning off like they had been earlier. Was she getting used to the heat, or was she too scared to feel it? Whatever the case, she took a step back and said. "B-But, we don't need it anymore, so we'll just go home, I guess. Just, don't bite us. P-Please?"

It was much to her amazement then that the snake raised its head and seemed to size her up, before slithering out of the shade and away from the cubs altogether across the ground. Mazuri watched in astonishment as the black wiggling thing became lost in the horizon. She glanced at her sisters with a slack jaw.

"Noxie... It worked! You're a genius!" She said, tackling her sister happily. "You're-You're-You're a snake whisperer!"

Big Hobbit
Do you guys wanna end it where they fall asleep in the shade or go home to tell their mom or something?

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 am
Quote:
I could have sworn I had replied waaay before this. o.O

belloblossom

Big Hobbit

Suddenly it became aware there was something else present and she froze and looked at Mazuri. "Ummm... I'm not sure. Maybe it's not poisonous?" She offered and she looked over towards Nox to make sure she was alright too.

She watched and froze, lowering herself to the ground. "I like Nox's Idea..." She whispered towards her sister.

It would seem to be Nox's idea was a good one. "IT WORKED! How did you know nox?!" Her sister was a newfound genius in her opinion, but Mazuri had done the brave part. "You did so well!" She cried out proudly towards her.

"Do we still want to go towards the shade or just head home?" She offered wanting to get out of the sun one way or another now.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 am
Nox let out a relieved breathe that she hadn't even realized she'd been holding. She didn't know what she'd do if either of her sisters had gotten bit. The young girl couldn't imagine the explaining they would have to do over it! Fortunately the snake did not take too much offense and left them be.

"I have my ways," she said, taking a brief moment to bask and be proud that her idea worked.

"I think we should just go home before anything else happens," the dark cub said toward the two, "At least if we run into anymore creatures mom will be there. Are you guys ready to go?"

What an exciting day they'd had, Nox couldn't wait to go tell the others about their adventure.

AstoriaFallen

belloblossom
I'm down to wrap it up like that, my last post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:47 am
Mazuri was more than happy to call it a day and head home. Goodness knew that she hadn't expected any of today to go like it had, but she could only imagine how impressed her other litter mates-and her mother, of course-would feel about the adventure that she, Noxolo and Mthunzi had all had together.

"Home is nice." She replied, turning her paws in the direction of the bonelands camp. The entire way back, she would wear a grin upon her face. Today had been an adventure indeed!

Big Hobbit
Sounds good. This is my last post too. 3nodding

AstoriaFallen

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:46 am
She had to agree with her siblings, home was a great idea right now and she bounded along after them as they headed home.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games