Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:07 pm
User Image

Resting upon a large rock, Uthuli was not doing much of anything.

Which was a problem.

As the sun began to heat up her back the lioness rolled over to expose her other side to its harsh rays. Every so often she would gaze and look up at it, as if confirming that the stupid ball of blazing fire was indeed still in the sky.

This week was so utterly boring that Uthuli felt she was going to be sick once it ended. Hunting had been a less-than-successful endeavor and drinking from the river had also been a failure on Uthuli’s part. Though she had made friends with a male in the pride in the last few days and he did indeed give her advice on where to get water, the lioness hadn’t spoken to him since then and was right back to being bored.

Ugh. She prayed to the gods that something or someone interesting would come trotting along to entertain her. Because rolling around on a rock was getting old real fast!

DavyJnah
Sorry this took a bit!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:53 pm
User Image

Monifa spied the other female and padded up to her sunbathing location. "How's that sun?" She asked as she hoped up onto another rock near the other. It didn't look very comfortable there but she just sat her haunch down upon the uneven thing. "What exactly are you doing?" No cub playing today. Today was a day for her. The Busisa just wanted to have a bit of fun. Grow to know more in the pride.

If only the sun had been lower in the sky. Then she would have been a bit happier. Or maybe a bit more clouds. Though with the clouds in the sky there could be a possibility of it being hotter. Or even rain. At least rain wouldn't be that bad. Even though the heat was just an every day thing didn't mean that it wasn't overbearing sometimes.

CaliWolfe
You're ok. I'm really distracted.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:48 pm
User Image

Hmm? Uthuli gazed upward at the new lioness approaching her. She didn’t recognize her. Was she new? Then again Uthuli just could have not noticed her before because Uthuli was unobservant. She didn’t care all too much about who was who. So long as they smelt like the other pride lionesses that’s all that mattered to Uthuli.

“Hmm. Hot. And Sunbathing.” She responded to the questions. She flipped back over to a more comfortable angle so she could gaze at the stranger a little better.

Red. Was she from the desert pride that the group had an alliance with? Uthuli was slightly wary at this discovery, she didn’t quite trust the red-pelt lions all too much. Though she supposed it wouldn’t hurt to try being friendly towards them.

“You joining me?” She raised her own question, then shuffled over slightly as if to make room for the lioness on her rock.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:37 pm
"Sunbathing is a fun past time when not either watching cubs or doing hunting, or other things." The Busisa said. Although she could tell from the look upon the others face that she was worried about her pelt. "I am of this pride, have been for a long while now." The female said, "I was here when Gakere and Surtak still ruled." Before the change and everything.

She leaped to the rock and laid down on her belly. "Don't mind if I do. Monifa, that's what they call me." Shutting her eyes for a second to let the warmth of the sun coat her.

CaliWolfe

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:28 pm
At hearing that she had been around for so long the pale lioness allowed herself to relax. Even if she had been born a red-pelt, this lioness had been part of the pride long enough that Uthuli decided she'd consider her a 'true' member of the boneland.

"I'm Uthuli." She provided her own name to the stranger. Then she continued to stare at the odd lioness. Uthuli was used to seeing pelts of brown, whites, grey, and black. Seeing unnatural colors memorized her. Even if she did recall that a few other pride lionesses were red-pelt descendants themselves...

"Say, do you warm up faster?" Uthuli asked, earnestly curious. "I only wonder because I heard a rumor that red-pelts were gifts from the sun or something."

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:15 pm
Uthuli. She'd remember that. "My name is Monifa." She had seen so many different pelts in her time here. Though the rumor of her pelt warming up faster because she was a gift from the sun was new though. She had never heard that one before.

"I guess? I don't know what to really compare that to. I do get warm but I think at the same rate as everyone else. I wouldn't know anything about gift from the sun."

She remembered the group she traveled with before. Her family and a few others. Visibly she shuddered at the thought and the lions that had attacked. A gift from the sun would have meant they would have been fine. "I don't think I'm a gift from the sun."

CaliWolfe

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 pm
"Oh? That so?" Uthuli raised a brow. Maybe she had heard the rumor wrong. Though honestly it was a pretty stupid rumor to the pale lioness. Clearly that blazing ball of heat in the sky was yellow. Why on earth would someone think a red pelt was a sun-gift? Wouldn't it make more sense that a yellow-pelt was a sun gift? But bah, whatever. Uthuli had learned that rumors were usually not true.

Or maybe there was something more to Monifa's statement then a simple rumor.

Uthuli gave a yawn and streeeetched out her arms, effectively now exposing her stomach to the harsh sunlight. Not wanting to pry at any potential bad memories she decided to change topics. "Hey what's your favorite thing to hunt Monifa?" Uthuli asked. "I personally think that gazelle taste pretty great."

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:49 pm
The sun felt good when it was something you actually wanted. Still hot it was nice to sit and talk upon the rocks. "I do like a tasty gazelle. I don't really have a favorite thing to hunt. If its a challenge I like it more." She liked a challenge to hunt whatever it might be. Working with a team always made the challenge less so but to be able to get to it first, or land the killing blow well that was a challenge itself.

Then she was curious about something else, "Do you have any cubs?" She loved cubs. She hoped one day that she would get to have cubs of her own. It had been too long that she was without cubs. She would eventually change that.

CaliWolfe

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:55 pm
Ah, she could understand that. Challenging prey was all the more rewarding when you finally took it down! Though Uthuli still preferred gazelle over others. They just tasted so dang good!

"Nope." She admitted. "But I want some. I think they'd be fun..." Suddenly she had a wonderful idea, Uthuli flipped back over to stare at Monifa dead on. "Which of the males do you think look best? I mean, if I'm going to have cubs eventually I 'outta pick the best looking male right?"

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:03 pm
Cubs. She was going to talk to Andhaka once she could. The male was down right gorgeous with his red pelt. And she was sure that their colors would go over well with each other. "I hope to have some soon." Cubs were amazing, even if they weren't hers she had enjoyed looking after them. "I actually really like the look on Andhaka. His red pelt and mine would go so well together." She admitted.

"Which one have your eye?" She knew there was a new Inselelo about but she didn't know who he was. She'd run into him at some point.

CaliWolfe

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas