Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Block B Round 1: Koru vs Nirav Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 am
▄ █ ◓𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊◓ █ ▄

WELCOME CHALLENGERS!

Cαɴ тнe pαѕѕιoɴ oғ Korυ Freɴe'ѕ ғlαмe eхтιɴɢυιѕн тнe ѕυrprιѕιɴɢ мιɢнт oғ Nιrαv Goтo? Leт'ѕ ғιɴd oυт!

We wish both participants luck and to remember the rules of the tournament:
▶ Single Elimination Round No Substitutions Allowed.
▶ No Use of Items During Battle ((Items should have been used during the prep before the round began))
▶ Show Respect For Your Fellow Competitor!
▶ Remember the Rules of Battle! For a refresher take a look HERE as well as HERE.

DJ Double B rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 3, 5, 2, 9, 7, 3, 5 Total: 46 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:06 am

Blue: #273BE2
Black: #40404F
Gold: #D4AF37
Star Yellow: #FFE303
Black: black

Pokemon Colors:
Raja/Eevee: #CC6666

But look at all the stars!
We've come so far.
Even if we don't know where we are,
It's gotta be somewhere great!
Or am I just too tired to wink?

User Image

User Image
Nirav Goto
Charizard House

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═

Nirav was able to enjoy the peace of sitting alone by himself until he was suddenly directed towards his battle. Raja walking beside him, the boy made his way into the large stadium. Various people sat around the stadium watching and waiting for the battles to commence. Suddenly, the boy's heart was locked in his throat. This was so much different from battle class. There, it was quieter and calmer. Less people watching you. Here? Everyone could see everything. His opponent would be Koru, one of the girls who seemed to talk a lot to people. Nirav didn't know her very well, but he was ok with not knowing people very well. The boy looked down to Raja, who also seemed nervous.

Nirav leaned down by him, stroking his soft fur. "It's ok, I'm nervous too." he said calmly, a contrast to the loud commotion going on around them. "Just focus on me, alright? And I'll focus on you." It was a little hard to give advice that Nirav often didn't end up following himself. But it seemed to calm Raja down a little more, especially since he had battled once before. "You can do this." Raja gave a quiet nod, making his way into their area. Nirav looked up, seeing Koru and her Cyndaquil on the other end of the field. "Uh, g-good luck, K-Koru." Even his yells out to an opponent were quiet compared to what everyone else was doing. Whether she heard it or not, it was something to keep Nirav's mind off of the noise and people all around them. Still, he couldn't quite keep himself from glancing around before the match would start, but did catch himself with his shoulders hunched and stiff. The boy straightened himself up, hearing his aunt's words in his head: 'Stand like that and you're gonna become a little hunchback before you know it!'

User Image // User Image (x1) // User Image (x3)

But I can't wait
For more of this to come my way.
'Cause you take what you get,
And you try not to think!

OoC: We'll both need to roll since they both have bonuses to speed. Also so you know, I won't be able to post again until Monday afternoon, but I at least want to kick us off

Prairiefox

Pokemon: Eevee
Nickname: Raja (King in Hindi)
Color: #CC6666
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 10 -> 11
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack) (Likes: Sweet, Dislikes: Spicy)
Ability: Anticipation (Warns when the foe knows a 1 hit KO or super effective move)
Experience: 0
Item: Soothe Bell
Move Set:

Stored Power -- More the user's stats are raised, more powerful the attack is -- Att. 20, Acc. 100
      Sand Attack -- Reduce's Target's Accuracy -- Acc.100
      Baby Doll Eyes -- Lower's target's attack. Always goes first -- Acc. 100
      Swift -- Never Misses -- Att. 60

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Prairiefox rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 2, 9, 6, 6, 7, 6, 2, 7 Total: 60 (10-100)

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:18 pm
User Image
▁▁▁▁Korυ Freɴe▁▁▁▁
Wнere:StadiumWιтн:Kirsi/Elijah/Their Pokemon/Nirav/Raja Word Coυɴт:----Feelιɴɢ: Unbelievably excitedOOC:Fine with me get that ball rollin'! I have the big shifts at work this weekend so after this post it'll be tough for me til monday as well since I'm off work then so I shall see you monday! I mean I'll still check in just in case but Monday is okay for me too ^^ BRING IT ON!◉

With not much to prepare for anymore Koru continued to chat with Elijah and Kirsi. Kirsi seemed scary determined for her battle, of course she knew exactly why and she wished her the best of luck. She really hoped she could go far in this, despite her talk about winning and losing she really did want to see just how far she was between the two. Realizing she and Kirsi could be opponent was getting her heart pumping- so exciting! Suddenly the MC's voice was heard over the speakers telling competitors to go to their respective battlefields. Koru stood up completely and Cyndaquil scampered up to her shoulder. She turned with a bounce in her step and hands clasping behind her back, "Well good luck you guys! Let's do our best to the finals okay?" she giggled happily while bringing her hands out to give a double high five to Kirsi, "Go get em chance! You too Poochyena!" She gave the canine pokemon in front of her a fiery look of determination and a pumped fist. She then turned on the ball of her foot and ran off in the direction of the battlefield. Looking at her as she ran you couldn't have guessed she was about to go to battle.

After being told to wait for her battle to begin Koru leaned against the wall rather than sit. She was too full of energy to sit still. With no one around her it seemed really quiet. Cyndaquil began nudging her and she looked at him with a calm smile,
"Don't worry you're gonna do great...I just...” she brough her hands up and realized she had sweaty palms. Her calm smile appeared to turn more nervous than before, "I want to...!” Her though was caught off when a worker for the event came and told her she was to proceed to the battlefield. Koru and Cyndaquil looked at each other and both of them took deep breaths through the nose and followed the worker to the entrance where she was to step out alone.

The first step she immediately heard the crowd of the stadium break the silence. She looked up and saw the people there ready to watch the battles today. Her eyes sparkled with awe and it felt like all the nerves rushed out at once,
'Does...does dad feel this way when he's standing here?' she couldn't help but think that in these same steps her father might've stepped into a stadium this same way. The feeling was overwhelmingly wonderful. She quickly sprinted to her spot where she could see Nirav in the same spot on the opposite end of the field. His Eevee was already out and ready, but she could tell that both seemed nervous. She looked at Cyndaquil and he was actually shivering a little. She smiled and picked him off her shoulder and held him out in front of her and then rubbed her nose on his, "Cyndaquil just pretend there's no one here but us. No crowd just us and them,” she gave anod in Nirav's direction to indicate to Cyndaquil, "We're in this together win or lose buddy,” Though still completely nervous Cyndaquil nodded with a agreeable squeak, "Quil!” They smiled at each other and she placed him on the ground. He skipped forward a few steps then spurted out his back flame- yep he was ready. Before they began she could tell Nirav was nervous a little himself by his words of luck to her. SHe looked around at the ground. She was nervous in her own way but this crowd, this crowd had nothing to do with the battle. She furrowed her brow with a smirk and shouted to Nirav, "Nirav listen to me! No one else is here but you and me! Show me all the fighting spirit you have and I'll do the same!”
User Image Cyndaquil
Lv. 12
Nᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ﹕Tɪᴍɪᴅ ﹙﹢Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ﹐ ﹣Aᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ﹚ ﹙Lɪᴋᴇs﹕ Sᴡᴇᴇᴛ﹐ Dɪsʟɪᴋᴇs﹕ Sᴘɪᴄʏ﹚
Aʙɪʟɪᴛʏ﹕ Bʟᴀᴢᴇ
Mᴏᴠᴇsᴇᴛ﹕
Tᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ/ ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ ﹣ ₅₀ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ
Sᴍᴏᴋᴇsᴄʀᴇᴇɴ/ Sᴍᴏᴋᴇsᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ·s ᴀᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ sᴛᴀᴛ ʙʏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴀɢᴇ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ
Lᴇᴇʀ/ Lᴇᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴄʀᴇᴀsᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ·s Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ sᴛᴀᴛ ʙʏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴀɢᴇ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ
Eᴍʙᴇʀ/ Eᴍʙᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴀs ᴀ ₁₀% ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ ﹣ ₄₀ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ

User Image
▁▁▁▁Poĸeмoɴ▁▁▁▁
User Image
Lv. 10 Aвιlιтy Bιɢ Pecĸѕ Nαтυre Iᴍᴘɪsʜ Iтeм X Moveѕ Tαcĸle, Growl, Qυιcĸ Aттαcĸ, Pecĸ

TheWhiteDragonfly

”Shywolfheart”

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:13 pm
Prairiefox
DJ Double B

User Image
Olivier the Referee

Olivier entered the battlefield with a confident smile on his face. This was his true calling: Official Pokemon Battle Referee. If there was a battle happening then he would be there to judge the battle. This was an important job in a world where Pokemon Battles were so dominant. Olivier was happy to be part of this tournament and if Lamia District officials had not asked him then he surely would have walked up to them and asked to volunteer. He was here now and he would be performing his job with pride! The competitors had entered the battlefield meaning it was time to get this battle rolling.

"This battle is about to get underway! The competitors are summoning their Pokemon right now. A hot battle will soon commence so trainers get ready!" Olivier spoke with a clear voice into the mic that was on his ear. This allowed everyone in the stadium to listen to his voice. Once both trainer and pokemon were ready, Olivier raised his red and green flag in the air.

"Let the battle...begin!"

==========

(Since Prairie rolled the highest, Koru will be going first 3nodding good luck!)

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Prairiefox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:02 pm
User Image

▁▁▁▁Korυ Freɴe▁▁▁▁
Wнere:StadiumWιтн:Nirav/Raja Word Coυɴт:----Feelιɴɢ: Unbelievably excitedOOC:Hi! Im ready to rock and roll!◉

Koru wasn't sure why she was channeling so much of her dad right now. To her it felt like he should be here watching from the audience. Her mother sister and brother, maybe the whole family, but her father being here for her first tournament battle- that would've been wonderful...Her hands suddenly froze in their trembling state as the referee came up to the battle area. It was the same ref from the soccer game guess this was his official job then? Either way him being here meant only one thing: the match was about to begin. She sudenly felt like more time was needed to prepare, but what could she do? Cyndaquil seemed as ready as well as nervous as she was right now. She had just talked so big she couldn't let him down, not again. As soon as the referee called out the battle to begin Koru felt like jumping in the air- so she did.

She didn't wait after his words to move and jumped in the air and pumped her fists to her sides. She wore a large smile and called out to Cyndaquil,
"Cyndaquil quick use EMBER!" Cyndaquil's flame spurted from his surprise of Koru's sudden call. He jolted forward then opened his mouth, "Quil!" and from his mouth flaming orbs of fire shot from his mouth towards Eevee. Not only would it deal some physical damage but hopefully it would leave a burn to deal a little extra. Koru would never wish actual harm on a pokemon but in a battle she had to think of what could be done to beat those in front of her, but maybe she was thinking too harshly about it? Cyndaquil might not know exactly what she was thinking but he wanted to show Koru exactly what his flame was made of. Without knowing it both of them were wanting to do their best for each other-pretty sure they'll realize this soon enough further into the battle...
User Image Cyndaquil
Lv. 12
Aʙɪʟɪᴛʏ﹕ Bʟᴀᴢᴇ
Mᴏᴠᴇsᴇᴛ﹕
Sᴍᴏᴋᴇsᴄʀᴇᴇɴ/ Sᴍᴏᴋᴇsᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ·s ᴀᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ sᴛᴀᴛ ʙʏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴀɢᴇ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ
►Eᴍʙᴇʀ/ Eᴍʙᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴀs ᴀ ₁₀% ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ ﹣ ₄₀ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ

User Image
▁▁▁▁Poĸeмoɴ▁▁▁▁
User Image
Lv. 10 Aвιlιтy Bιɢ Pecĸѕ Nαтυre Iᴍᴘɪsʜ Iтeм X Moveѕ Tαcĸle, Growl, Qυιcĸ Aттαcĸ, Pecĸ

TheWhiteDragonfly

”Shywolfheart”

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Pokemon Colors:

We've come so far.

User Image

User Image
Nirav Goto
Charizard House

The young boy jumped a little as Koru called out to him, ordering him to focus on just her instead of on the crowd. With a little hesitation, he nodded slowly, taking a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm himself down. Just him and Koru. Him and Koru. He took his final deep breath as the announcer called for the battle to begin, nearly missing Koru start the battle off with ember. He watched as little flames shot out of the pokemon's mouth, hitting Raja swiftly. The young Eevee jumped around in pain, though thankfully, he didn't look like he was burned from the attack. That would've made things a lot worse. Even then, Raja wasn't weak to fire type attacks, another positive thing going for them, despite being hit.

Nirav shouted out to his pokemon once the flames subsided. "Raja! Use Baby Doll Eyes!" If Koru was going to use a lot of attacks, maybe it would help to lower some of her pokemon's stats. Careful not to tread on the sections of the field affects by Cyndaquil's attack, Raja gently moved his head to one side, batting his large, black eyes at the flaming pokemon, hoping to let the foe's guard down. As timid as the duo was, they were both hoping for a victory here. While it certainly meant having to talk to more people and endure this large crowd for even longer, it also meant being able to prove themselves to each other. Not a lot of time had passed since Nirav picked up Raja at the school's daycare center on his first day in October. Their first battle together had been successful, and despite what winning meant, they both hoped they would be able to continue.

Cyndaquil v. Raja
                                Round 1: Cyndaquil hits Raja with Ember -- Raja is not burned
                                Raja uses Baby Doll Eyes on Cyndaquil -- 100% accuracy, so no roll needed.

But I can't wait

word count: 293, not including battle review

Prairiefox

Friendship Points:
User Image
Ability: Anticipation (Warns when the foe knows a 1 hit KO or super effective move)
Move Set:

Stored Power -- More the user's stats are raised, more powerful the attack is -- Att. 20, Acc. 100

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:26 pm
User Image

▁▁▁▁Korυ Freɴe▁▁▁▁
Wнere:StadiumWιтн:Nirav/Raja Word Coυɴт:321Feelιɴɢ: Unbelievably excitedOOC:Sorry for the wait◉

Koru smiled at Cyndaquil's successful attack. She pumped her fist towards her side in a way of small celebration, "Yes good job Cyndaquil!" Cyndaquil was amazed at himself for doing that well on the first move. He had feared tripping since he stepped on the field, wait would he jinx it thinking about it now? Still he loved hearing Koru's praise. He needed to keep it up. Koru was ready to call another attack when Nirav finally gave one to Raja...but she was drawing a blank, "Eh...baby what now?" She asked aloud.

Cyndaquil shared in the confusion when it looked like at Raja did was stare at him in a really cute manner. Actually...the more he looked into the Eevee's big black eyes the more captivated he seemed. Cyndaquil even tilted his head in sync with Eevee's. Koru started to worry and clenched her fists. She had no idea what this attack was doing but she couldn't let it get any further. She didn't like the effect it had in the battle long ago but now seemed like the right time to use it,
"Cyndaquil look away and use smokescreen!" Cyndaquil heard his trainer's voice and shook his head to return to normalcy. His flame fluctuated as a flurry of black smoke escaped from Cyndaquil's mouth this time. The smoke spread across the field towards Raja. With this smoke around it would be hard for the Eevee to see properly to attack at full force. Koru looked at Nirav- seems her talk may have worked, but she wasn't going to give into this trick so easily, "Raja's pretty cute but we're not going to be subdued by a pair of sweet eyes Nirav!" She called out to him. Koru did plan on attack barrage to finish the match, but she needed to be a little smarter than that if she was going to get through this- she made a promise to Kirsi.
User Image Cyndaquil
Lv. 12
Aʙɪʟɪᴛʏ﹕ Bʟᴀᴢᴇ
Mᴏᴠᴇsᴇᴛ﹕
►Sᴍᴏᴋᴇsᴄʀᴇᴇɴ/ Sᴍᴏᴋᴇsᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ·s ᴀᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ sᴛᴀᴛ ʙʏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴀɢᴇ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ
Eᴍʙᴇʀ/ Eᴍʙᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴀs ᴀ ₁₀% ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ ﹣ ₄₀ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ

User Image
▁▁▁▁Poĸeмoɴ▁▁▁▁
User Image

DJ Double B

DJ Double B rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:19 am

Pokemon Colors:

We've come so far.

User Image

User Image
Nirav Goto
Charizard House

Raja's hypnotic eyes seemed to do some work on Koru's Cyndaquil. He prepared for her to barge right into a weaker attack, but Koru didn't make that call. Instead, she called for smoke screen. From the foe's mouth, a dense, dark fog spread across the field. Raja looked around in confusion, trying to see anything through the thick smoke. You could hear a tiny cough from the normal type, a cough which worried Nirav quite a bit. He didn't like seeing his pokemon hurt. Nirav perked up as he heard Koru call out to them. She certainly sounded determined to win, despite the looks Raja was giving her pokemon. Nirav didn't reply; he was becoming too focused on the battle. That and he hardly knew Koru to start yelling things to her. The smoke started to clear, but a nice layer still laid about, making it harder to see. Now the important question: Would he go in and attack? Or would he try to lower their attack power just one more time? The smoke was thick, but maybe he could sneak in just one more Baby Doll Eyes, but would they be able to even see him through the smoke?

Nirav cleared his throat. The smoke was even starting to get to him a little bit. With a slight cough himself, he tried to give Raja some direction. "Raja! Focus on Cyndaquil's sound to see! Try Baby Doll Eyes once more!" Nirav was hoping that Koru would eventually attack again, and that those attacks wouldn't be able to do a whole lot. Raja jumped up towards where he thought Cyndaquil was - or, at least to where he thought the smoke had come from before, assuming the pokemon hadn't move - and strained harder to bat his eyes and tilt his head to the other side. "Eeeevee!" he called out, giving Nirav a better sense of where his pokemon even was. Plus, Cyndaquil might look over towards the sound and make eye contact. After this, Nirav had a plan. While he didn't understand how the move Swift worked, it seemed to hit Cyril's Snorunt pretty well, regardless of whether Raja could see well or not. Maybe it would work here too? Heck, maybe it could pull off a victory for the duo. Speaking of Cyril, however, was he competing? Nirav hoped he might face him again as well. That would only happen if they both won, however.

Cyndaquil v. Raja
                                Round 2: Cyndaquil uses Smoke Screen -- Raja's Accuracy drops by 10%
                                Raja uses Baby Doll Eyes -- Accuracy dropped to 90, so 1-9 needed to hit -- Rolled a 9, so the move connects

But I can't wait

word count: 405, not including battle review

((It's all good. I don't have to roll much for attacks between Ava and Nirav, so I'm like, lowkey hyped leaving stuff to chance haha))

Prairiefox

Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Prairiefox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm
User Image

▁▁▁▁Korυ Freɴe▁▁▁▁
Wнere:StadiumWιтн:Nirav/Raja Word Coυɴт:279Feelιɴɢ: Serious but still excitedOOC:Wow realy sorry I didn't finish this last night I fell asleep =-="◉

With the smoke in the air Koru could barely see the silhouette of Raja anymore. This was why she didn't like this attack. She remembers all too well how it assisted in her downfall against Xia's Fong. Also she wasn't feeling so keen on playing the defensive position. Maybe that's where these nerves were coming from...Cyndaquil tried to focus in on where Raja was, if he did and Koru called out an attack then he would be able to land a hit. He began to see something, it had to be Raja it just had to, but something appeared to gleam. "Quil?" Cyndaquil squeaked questionably. Koru noticed this and looked ahead as well, squinting to where she almost looked like Cyndaquil. Her eyes shot open surprised- it was the baby doll eyes again, "Look away!" Cyndaquil heard her and shook his head then downcasted his eyes to the ground. She began to feel a little frustrated at that attack she had no idea what it was doing to him. She could've taken out her pokegear to check...but would that be cheating? No either way she needed to learn for herself. She also had to think like herself instead of trying to play it safe. It wasn't how she wanted to do things and though it looked like it was Nirav's way this battle, it wasn't hers. She called out to Cyndaquil, "Cyndaquil run in and use EMBER as much as you can!" She wasn't going to leave any room for him to escape the pressure. Cyndaquil trotted in towards the fading smoke and saw Eevee with its cute eyes,"Cynda-quil!" he cried as a flurry of embers erupted from him.

User Image Cyndaquil
Lv. 12
Aʙɪʟɪᴛʏ﹕ Bʟᴀᴢᴇ
Mᴏᴠᴇsᴇᴛ﹕
►Eᴍʙᴇʀ/ Eᴍʙᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴀs ᴀ ₁₀% ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ. ₁₀₀% Aᴄᴄᴜʀᴀᴄʏ ﹣ ₄₀ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ

User Image
▁▁▁▁Poĸeмoɴ▁▁▁▁
User Image

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 am

Pokemon Colors:

We've come so far.

User Image

User Image
Nirav Goto
Charizard House

Despite the addition of the smokescreen, Baby Doll Eyes managed to hit once again, further incapacitating Koru's Cyndaquil. However, the fog didn't seem to have much of an impact on Cyndaquil's vision, as it landed an Ember attack with some serious accuracy. "Try and dodge it!" Nirav called out, but to no avail. He could hear the cries of his pokemon being doused in the flame. But through the smoke, even he could not tell if Raja was burned by the fire. It worried the boy. What if he pushed his friend too hard with a burn? He tried to shake the thoughts out of his mind. They could heal after the battle... Right? Nirav could only hope, especially since he couldn't see Raja super well. he could get an outline of his figure, and see the flame of the Cyndaquil, but not a whole lot beyond that. It was aggravating to say the least.

Nirav straightened himself upright, realizing he had begun hunching over again. "Raja! Use Swift!" he called out. His pokemon had two attack moves: Stored Power and Swift. If he remembered correctly during his time in the library, The former was more powerful if Raja was stronger than when he entered the battle, but Nirav was pretty sure nothing Raja could do would make him more powerful. Swift was an enigma in of itself, but it seemed to hit a lot, despite sand in eyes... Or maybe smog in air too? Raja focused himself, and shaking a little bit, began to project stars around them before shooting them in the direction of Cyndaquil.

Cyndaquil v. Raja
                                Raja uses Baby Doll Eyes -- Accuracy dropped to 90, so 1-9 needed to hit -- Rolled a 9, so the move connects
                                Round 3: Cyndaquil uses Ember -- Raja is not burned
                                Raja uses Swift -- Does not miss, so no roll needed.

But I can't wait

word count: 267, not including battle review

Prairiefox

Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Prairiefox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 am
User Image

▁▁▁▁Korυ Freɴe▁▁▁▁
Wнere:StadiumWιтн:Nirav/Raja Word Coυɴт:429Feelιɴɢ: Serious but still excitedOOC: I fill with determination to finish! Also awesome work on your battle logs I completely forgot to keep one myself ^^" ◉

Koru didn't feel very excited that Cyndaquil successfully landed that ember attack on Raja. From Nirav she felt a little uneasy, questioning her own movements now. Attacking with Ember may have been a little brash thinking about it now...but those big cute eyes were beginning to bother her a bit, more so due to that she had no idea what that attack was even doing- she feels like it was trying to cause some sort of hypnosis. She really should study more. Cyndaquil seemed okay though, in fact he wasn't looking frightened at all he seemed rather calm- how strange. Maybe it was those Baby doll eyes that did it. Koru watched Nirav through the bare remnants of the smokescreen. Whatever he was going to do next she had no idea.

Suddenly her worries were correct. He called out to Raja to use swift. She remembered that attack by the Eevees at the theater. It was a star shaped attack that never missed. Koru cringed and all she could think of to say was,
"Cyndaquil brace yourself!" Cyndaquil cringed frightened, why didn't she tell him to dodge?! He didn't want to look but couldn't help but take a peek. Coming towards him was a shower of beautiful stars. Well, they're not so beautiful when they hit, "Qu-quil-!" he was hit with the star projectiles. It scruffed up a dust cloud and Cyndaquil fell to the ground after the last hit. Koru shuttered and knelt down, "Cyndaquil are you you okay? Cyndaquil please answer me!" Cyndaquil was shaking as he tried to stand, more from fright than injury. Koru felt like jumping in the ring herself to help him, but she could only make the decisions. Seeing him like this made her feel a small flame of anger in her belly. No one was going to scare Cyndaquil, "Cyndaquil don't let them scare you, you can do this I believe you can! If anything I'll be making the mistakes now so whatever happens I'm sorry and I'll make it up to you however you want!" Cyndaquil looked up at her, his shaking having lessened. To him Koru nodded and she pointed towards Raja in the remnant smokescreen, "Charge in for another Ember attack!!" Cyndaquil got up to his feet and got his bearings and he spurt his flame a little more. He started to run in towards Raja. Through the smoke Cyndaquil had better eyesight and squinting more could see Raja right in front of him. He opened his mouth and ember spewed forth, mere inches between him and Raja.

User Image Cyndaquil
Lv. 12
Aʙɪʟɪᴛʏ﹕ Bʟᴀᴢᴇ
Mᴏᴠᴇsᴇᴛ﹕

User Image
▁▁▁▁Poĸeмoɴ▁▁▁▁
User Image

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Pokemon Colors:

We've come so far.

User Image

User Image
Nirav Goto
Charizard House

Just as it had before, Raja's swift managed to hit the Cyndaquil, despite the smoke screen before them. Some dust kicked up as it made contact. Though this seemed to worry the girl a lot more than she had been before. Granted, it was his first attack, but Nirav listened as she called out to her pokemon, blaming herself for whatever mistakes she made - mistakes that Nirav hadn't even realized she had been making, assuming some were made. It was touching, seeing how much she was putting into this fight.

Koru continued to push an offensive strategy, launching with another Ember. "Raja! Dodge it!" Nirav called out. The young Eevee tried to run, but he could not escape very well in the smoke. Little did he know that Cyndaquil was running right towards him! The closeness of the ember attack send him further back, sliding back towards Nirav, sending some dust up as he went. The young boy went into another cough from what was blown right into his face. Nirav hadn't been expecting the move to end up so close to his pokemon. It startled him, especially considering how strong the Cyndaquil was. Once he regained his composure, his thoughts went to Raja's wellbeing. How was he? "Raja! Aap thik ho?" he yelled out, not aware of both how loud he was and that he was speaking his mother tongue, Hindi, which Raja didn't recognize any of. "Vee?" At the questioning tone, Nirav turned red, realizing what he accidentally did. "Oh, uh, err... Are you ok?" "Vee!" The confirmation seemed to be good; it looked bad, but Raja didn't seem to be burned this time. Nevertheless, Nirav felt worried. "Alright then. Raja, use Swift again!" Raja focused once more on projecting those lovely stars around his being, and shot them in the direction of where he saw Cyndaquil last: where they had attacked him so close the last time.

Cyndaquil v. Raja
                                Round 4: Cyndaquil uses Ember -- Raja is not burned
                                Raja uses Swift -- Does not miss, so no roll needed

But I can't wait

word count: 320, not including battle review

((Thanks! Easy for me to keep track of stuff with a log haha. Also one more move each ayyy))

Prairiefox

Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 am
Prairiefox
DJ Double B

The Winner for this battle has been decided and it is....Koru and Cyndaquil!

Both pokemon were evenly match dealing similar amounts of damage to each other. Our decision had to come down to Ability.

Eevee
+ Has great above average Sp.Defense.
+ Swift is quite powerful with STAB
+ Eevee attacked twice with Swift which was 90 power after STAB
+ Smoke Screen had no effect on Swift
+ Raja's Timid Nature did not have a negative impact on Swift
- Baby Doll Eyes only affects the Attack stat and not the Special Attack stat and Cyndaquil only used damaging Special Attack moves.
- Both pokemon did about the same damage to each other

Cyndaquil
+ Used Ember with STAB, turning Ember into a decently strong move
+ Blaze kicked in at the end, making Cyndaquil's last ember 50% more powerful, Plus STAB
+ Baby Doll Eyes had no effect on Ember
+ Cyndaquil has a strong Sp.Atk base stat
+ Cyndaquil had landed more hits on Eevee, totaling more damage in the long run.
+ Cynadquil's Timid Nature did not have a negative impact on Ember
+ cyndaquil attacked 3 times with Ember which was 60 power after STAB
- Ember is kinda weak
- Smoke Screen did nothing against swift
- Both pokemon did about the same damage to each other

Final thoughts:

This battle was extremely close! Although, Raja's Swift attack, with STAB was incredibly powerful, Cyndaquil had managed to pull off three Ember attacks, one of which being a super powered hit because of Cyndaquil's Blaze ability, on top of it already being a STAB move. The crew deliberated long and hard over whether or not the ability "Blaze" would take effect since the battle was cut short; lasting four posts each instead of five. In the end, Since Pokemon do not have HP displayed or calculated in battle, Blaze had to be reworked to fit the guild's battle formula, which was posted in the guild's Guide thread before the battle had even taken place. That said, the wording used for Blaze stats that the effect would kick in during the last post of battle. Since Cyndaquil's last post had used an Ember attack, the Blaze ability thus activated.

So in conclusion, Cyndaquil ended up doing more damage to Raja in the long run, and if Blaze hadn't of activated, the battle might of even ended in a tie. Additionally, although Raja's use of Baby Doll Eyes was indeed a strategic move, and very a good one at that, it had no effect on Cyndaquil's Ember attack. If Cyndaquil had used a damaging move that worked by the ATK base stat, Raja very much would have come out the winner because of Baby Doll Eyes effect on lowing the ATK stat. In the end, these were the major things that made our decision for us. Raja was indeed a very challenging and formidable opponent and even had great Special defense to thwart off some of the damage from Ember, but it just wasn't enough. Cyndaquil takes this battle, but keep in mind, this was only by a hairbreadth!

-----

Prairie you may end the battle however you please so long as it's nothing crazy or unbelievable. Thank you both for showing us a great battle!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:37 pm
User Image
▁▁▁▁Korυ Freɴe▁▁▁▁
Wнere:StadiumWιтн:Nirav/Raja/Cyndaquil Word Coυɴт:815Feelιɴɢ: ALL THE FEELINGS OOC: Thank you double B I had a lot of fun =w= I'm really sorry we didn't get to finish-finish but maybe we can rp again real soon ^^ ◉

Koru was a little in disbelief that it worked again. Pushing this offensive line of attack was dangerous, one mistep could get Cyndaquil hurt, but it really seemed to work. Maybe...maybe she and Cyndaquil were on the same page after all. Cyndaquil stumbled back a few steps, okay he ran back to his side of the field. He felt a little embarassment that he went so far, he didn't know he could be so bold, was it okay? He looked up at Koru and she was wearing a happy looking surprise on her face. She smiled at him and in turned Cyndaquil purred and smiled as well. Out of no where the boy trainer started yelling in unfamiliar words, Koru even looked confused. Cyndaquil tilted his head unsure what to do, but then he heard the boy speak with words he did understand. Koru's eyes flickered seeing the duo's motions. She leaned in and clenched her fists, shooting her glare towards him. If one was to descrie this look they could say there was fire in her eyes. Raja prepared for another Swift attack, sending Koru and fling her arm out in command of Cyndaquil, "Cyndaquil let's use Ember one more time we can do this!" Cyndaquil didn't lie how it felt last time when those stars hit him, and it looked like Raja was coming in closer, in fact it was the spot where he had hit him with that close up attack earlier. Cyndaquil kinda wanted to run, but Koru wanted an ember. Cyndaquil curled in his arms like a fist and his flame burned brighter all of a sudden. Koru was surprised and even took a step back. Cyndaquil rushed forward leaped from his spot and shot a barrage of embers to Raja's attack. Koru held her surprise and decided to only cheer the little guy on, "YOU CAN DO IT!" The stars and the flames came in contact with a huge burst of a explosion.

Koru covered her eyes with her arms from the dust. She couldn't see anything and it felt like she had gone deaf, was she so concentrated on the battle everything else got muted? The dust seemed to settle and Koru started to swipe her hands around as a way to attempt to clear the air faster.
"Cynd- Cyndaquil where are you?!" She couldn't hear any of his usual sounds, or Raja's cry she had begun to memorize during the battle. The dust cloud was beginning to clear a little better now, but Koru was worried so she was already beginning to take closer steps. As it completely began to fade she was uplifted to see the shine of Cyndaquil's flame first thing. She let out a quiet sigh, but then she felt herself freeze over. Further away from Cyndaquil was Raja, but the Eevee wasn't standing, he was on the ground. The deafening effect began to fade and the roar of a crowd came to her attention. She...she had won. A sudden feeling of weightlessness caused her to fall to her knees. Cyndaquil quickly turned around and scurried over to her in a panic. She looked at him, worrying about her the way he was, but her vision was getting too blurry to make it out anymore. Huge tears swelled and fell down her face, quickly becoming flushed a pure red. Koru covered her mouth and side of her face with her hands as Cyndaquil continued to panic. She only sound she could utter was a whimper. Cyndaquil finally got scooped up in her arms and she brought him close into a tight hug. In a loud, whimpering utterance she told him, "W-we-we really w-on..." Cyndaquil had no idea how to handle what was happening right now. She stopped hugging him and with tears still falling down her face she grin as big as she could then jolted into the air in a mighty jump, "WE WON! "QUIL!?" The surprise of the throw finally made him understand she was happy-but was crying...okay that's a little weird but he felt his flame burn off his back out of happiness for winning too. When Koru caught him his flame was burning her, a relief and a sign. Koru giggled and sobbed at the same time but went over to Nirav and Raja. She put Cyndaquil on her head and tried wiping her face clean, but it was too big of a mess with those tears, "T-thank you Nirav that was an awesome battle!" she sent her focus down to Raja, "Is...Raja okay?" In all of this excitement she needed to remember Raja too. These two gave her and Cyndaquil their first victory, but it was a tough fight, and for a little while koru felt Nirav was going to win, so she didn't want to make them feel like she was showing pity- they were a real force.

User Image Cyndaquil
Lv. 12
Aʙɪʟɪᴛʏ﹕ Bʟᴀᴢᴇ
Mᴏᴠᴇsᴇᴛ﹕

User Image
▁▁▁▁Poĸeмoɴ▁▁▁▁
User Image

DJ Double B

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am

Pokemon Colors:

We've come so far.

User Image

User Image
Nirav Goto
Charizard House

Swift was pushing Nirav and Raja further through the battle, but it seemed like Raja was nearing the end of his rope. As Koru called for another Ember attack, it seemed like Cyndaquil's flame was... brighter? If that was the case, Nirav knew this couldn't be good. "Try and dodge it, Raja!" Did brighter mean more powerful? Nirav didn't know a lot about fire, but brighter didn't seem like better if it was coming right at his pokemon. Raja tried to dart out of the way, but there was nowhere to escape from the explosion of dust and ash. Nirav was struck with surprise. Raja was ok... right? "R-Raja?" he called out. No response. He broke out into another cough, the kicked up dust getting to him once again.

The first thing he could see was the bright glow of Cyndaquil's flame. That was great and all, but where was his pokemon? Well, a little further away, laying in the dirt, was Raja. Singed, dust covered, and not looking very great. There was no doubt about it: the two definitely lost this fight. The crowd burst into cheer, but Nirav could only be encompassed in worry. "Raja!" Nirav yelled, running over to his pokemon. He fell to his knees by his pokemon, "Raja? Aap thik ho? Tum theek ho jaega? ...Namaste? Raja!? (Raja? Are you ok? Will you be ok? ....Hello? Raja!?)" He brushed off the ash from Raja's fur, and his pokemon looked up to him. Certainly weakened and in no condition to battle, he was at least ok... ish. Ok-ish. Nirav breathed out a small sigh, but he was still very much concerned for his Eevee's wellbeing. "You did great. We'll get them next time." The two were disappointed, hoping for a win, especially after Nirav didn't do anything in the soccer game yesterday. Today wasn't their day, it seemed.

Koru soon walked over, Cyndaquil resting atop her head. The residue of tears had streamed down her face. Why cry? She knew she won... Right? Nevertheless, she thanked him for the battle. Nirav looked up to her from the ground of the arena. "It-it's no problem, I, uh, yeah. You too." He had a lot on his mind, but he tried to spit out some kind of coherent response.. He didn't really see a place where he could heal Raja - Actually, how did people do that outside of school? There wasn't a nurse here, was there? Nirav didn't really have a clue. Looking down to Raja, who's head was resting on the boy's leg, he slowly nodded. "I, uh, I think so." That think was more like a hope, but he didn't want to blame Koru for this. Battles were battles, and she didn't seem to mean any ill will. Pulling Raja's pokeball from his pocket, Nirav returned him to his pokeball and stood up, ignoring the dust on his knees and legs for now. He looked back to Koru, a little concerned with her crying. "Are, uh... Are you ok..?" he cautiously asked the girl. "Um, you're kind of... uh..." Nirav wiped his own face as if he was wiping a tear away. hoping Koru would pick up where his words were failing. Did he upset her? Was she upset from the victory? Why were girls so confusing?

Cyndaquil v. Raja
                                Round 4: Cyndaquil uses Ember -- Raja is not burned
                                Raja uses Swift -- Does not miss, so no roll needed

But I can't wait

((yeah this was a blast haha -- we'll have to go again sometime to get that finish-finish ))

Prairiefox

››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces