Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Block A Round 1: Marco vs Faye Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:26 pm
▄ █ ◓𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊◓ █ ▄

WELCOME CHALLENGERS!

Fʟᴀᴍᴇ Fʟɪᴇs ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴀs Mᴀʀᴄᴏ Gᴜᴇʀʀᴏ Tᴀᴋᴇs ᴏɴ Fᴀʏᴇ Rʜᴏᴀᴅᴇs﹗ Wʜᴏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡɪɴ﹗﹖

We wish both participants luck and to remember the rules of the tournament:
▶ Single Elimination Round No Substitutions Allowed.
▶ No Use of Items During Battle ((Items should have been used during the prep before the round began))
▶ Show Respect For Your Fellow Competitor!
▶ Remember the Rules of Battle! For a refresher take a look HERE as well as HERE.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Location Lamia District Stadium Company Antonio, Maria, Phoebe, Marco

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faye was getting more and more excited as the time passed. She smiled broadly to Antonio, seating herself beside him and settling in. Her fellow aristocrat introduced her to the dark haired girl he's been talking to. Maria...who mentioned her previous battle with Riverton. Pride bloomed in her chest and Faye sat a bit straighter, smiling in triumph, "Oh...you mean the low born that seems to have dropped from the Academy. Yes, I did quite soundly beat him. And its a pleasure to meet you as well Maria." She still fondly remembered that fight, and she had know doubt she would walk away a victor once more in this battle. When Antonio asked her if she'd signed up for the tournament, she flipped her hair back in her typical fashion and replied smugly, "Of course I signed up. I clearly have great talent as a battler, seeing as I won my first one flawlessly. This one should be easy as well." The question about her Pokémon made her smile a little more. It was good that Tony didn't know what kind of Pokémon her Salem was, it meant he was rare. Which meant he was special, just like her. "My newest Pokémon is called a Purrloin. Its a Dark Type of Pokémon, not my usually pick, but he'll evolve into a lovely feline once he's trained up a bit."

Faye turned her attention to the massive TV screen. The crowd quieted as an energetic young girl who called herself Mocha....really? Mocha. The young Rhoades rolled her eyes, but listened closely as the announcer talked abut the rules of the tournament, welcoming everyone and telling them to get ready. Faye felt her heart start to pound with familiar nervousness. She was 100% confident she would win her battle, but a niggle still dug at her mind. Her jitters were put on hold however when Phoebe, who was sitting nearby. The small red Charmander she had as her Pokémon started to glow!! Faye watched with awe as her little lizard started to grow. The white light faded and a new Pokémon stood tall. Phoebe was ecstatic and Faye was fascinated. An evolution! She'd never seen one before. Before she could ask Phoebe about her new Pokémon, she was distracted by Tony asking her if she was interested in the Drama Club. Faye tilted her head and replied with a playful laugh, "Oh...that. Am I interested in Drama? Maybe a bit. The club is...a bit of an interest for me. It might be a waste of time like you say, but its something to do, if nothing else. Perhaps you should consider joining Antonio. If nothing else, you might get a few laughs in. And with both of us, the club at least has a chance of success."

Before the topic could be further discuss, the announcer called for those that had signed up to make their way to the battlefield. Faye stood up and smiled at her peers, "Good luck everyone. See you in the victors circle." Making her way down the stair, Faye moved till she was in the square assigned to her. She palmed Salem's Pokeball, remembering that it was rude to release your Pokémon before your opponent showed up. She was starting to get very nervous and excited. Hopefully her opponent showed up soon.

Attire Edgy Girl
Mood Social/Excited/Fascinated/Nervous/Anticipation
Word Count 555
O.O.C
X

XXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Amirah the Eevee
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 10
Type: Normal
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Adaptability
Experience: 250/1000
Move Set:

► Tackle
      ► Tail Whip
      ► Baby-Doll Eyes
      ► Swift

XXXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Salem the Purrloin
Friendship Points:
User Image
Type: Dark
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Limber
Experience: 0/1000
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Growl
      ► Assist
      ► Sand Attack

P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 0

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
    User Image x 4
    User ImageWater Stone Ticket

SoundVVave

murruelecreuset

Shadow of Miracles

Hitsukei

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:20 pm
Erkowan
Faye

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi
I am learning to be strong

Marco stepped into the ring...well the battlefield because this was a Pokemon Battle. Charmander walked by his side and both friends appeared to be walking in slow motion with a powerful look on their faces as the crowd boomed with cheers. The cheers were not necessarily meant for him since this was a stadium and people were likely cheering and screaming for different reasons. Also, Marco was not walking in slow motion, he was simply taking his time to get to the battlefield because he was nervous; he didn't carry a "powerful look" because he was confident, far from the truth, he was actually worried about how the battle would turn out and his face just happened to look that way whenever he was in deep thought. Charmander had no choice, but to match Marco's pace so he wasn't walking ahead of him. Murkrow was flying above, but eventually he landed and walked beside them until all three reached their side of the field. The black-haired boy was still deep in thought, but he returned to the present once Murkrow and Charmander patted him.

"Uh? Oh yeah....let's do this," Marco took a deep breath and then smiled at his pokemon, "we're going to try our best and hopefully we might even win!" Marco was just trying to stay positive, he didn't actually believe that he could win. Winning or being successful was something that he didn't do, but saying it out-loud felt a little nice even if it was a lie. Charmander didn't seem to think so because the fire lizard was pumped to show his stuff. "Chaaarr!" he roared as he stepped forward. Murkrow stepped back knowing that this was not a battle he could be a part of. He would cheer for his friends especially for Marco who seemed to still be unsure, but was slowly gaining some confidence.

When the black-haired boy looked up to see who his opponent was, his eyes widen in shock. "Faye?" the blonde-haired girl with the piercing blue eyes would be his opponent? He instantly his hands getting sweaty. Faye did not like him right now and he knew that she was a good a battler. She defeated that student and was the first one in their class to actually win a Pokemon Battle. Did he even stand a chance? Would he be eliminated in the first round? Marco gulped down and tried to calm down...he couldn't give up, not without trying. His Pokemon were relying on him and it would be insulting to them if he didn't at least tried. Marco took another deep breath and faced Faye properly waiting for the battle to begin.

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 16
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
Held-Item: Fire Gem
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 8
Ability: Insomnia
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :

User Image x1
        User Image x2
        User Image x1

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:25 pm
Erkowan
Shadow of Miracles

User Image
Olivier the Referee

Olivier entered the battlefield with a confident smile on his face. This was his true calling: Official Pokemon Battle Referee. If there was a battle happening then he would be there to judge the battle. This was an important job in a world where Pokemon Battles were so dominant. Olivier was happy to be part of this tournament and if Lamia District officials had not asked him then he surely would have walked up to them and asked to volunteer. He was here now and he would be performing his job with pride! The competitors had entered the battlefield meaning it was time to get this battle rolling.

"This battle is about to get underway! The competitors are summoning their Pokemon right now. A hot battle will soon commence so trainers get ready!" Olivier spoke with a clear voice into the mic that was on his ear. This allowed everyone in the stadium to listen to his voice. Once both trainer and pokemon were ready, Olivier raised his red and green flag in the air.

"Let the battle...begin!"

==========

(Since Marco's Charmander has a positive speed nature [Naïve] then Marco will have the first move 3nodding good luck!)

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:42 pm
Erkowan
Faye

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

The referee for this battle was none other than the Air Balloon man from yesterday's final game. He was quite happy to be here which a contrast to Marco's nervous feelings. He had to shake off this loser attitude otherwise it could affect Charmander's battle performance. Faye was an unexpected opponent and he didn't know how to deal with the situation mostly because he didn't know how to deal with her. She was mad at him and even though she had called him his friend, he knew that it was to throw Iris off from asking anymore questions about the events from the Forest. Marco was overthinking things too much and that was why he hardly paid attention to the referee. When Olivier shouted about the battle beginning, Marco jumped a little in surprise, the battle had begun? Charmander looked back at the black-haired boy waiting for a command, but none came.

Marco didn't know when the battle had begun, but now he was stuck trying to think about what move to use. What moves did Charmander know again? He should know this! He was part of the Battle Class and the Battle Club, you would think that knowing his Pokemon's moves would not have to take this much brain power. "Char! Char!" the fire lizard shouted after growing impatient. Marco had not given a single move yet and his opponent would not wait forever! The sudden shout startled Marco which caused him to shout the first move that came to mind. "U-Use Scratch attack!" Scratch was actually a part of his Pokemon's moveset (lucky guess), but there was probably a much better attack that his Pokemon could have used. If Marco had been thinking more calmly then he could have remembered about STAB and other things he learned from Battle Class.

Charmander was finally given a move to use so he would waste this chance. The fire-type Pokemon charged towards his opponent his fingers up to the air to signal his attack. The fire lizard jumped in the air and then came down with his sharp fingers scratching down his opponent. The first move of the match had been delivered.

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x1
        User Image x2
        User Image x1

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:59 pm
Location Lamia District Stadium Company Marco

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faye was in HER zone. The crowds were screaming in delight and the lovely blond was blind to the fact that the people were cheering simply for the sake of cheering. All she heard and saw was a stadium filled to the brim with adoring fans. She tossed her hair confidently, soaking in the attention like rays of sunshine. Faye raised her hand and waved to a few nearby specters seated in the front rows. Those who looked at her did cheer louder and some even returned her greeting. A grin grew on her face. The attention she was getting was building her confidence in leaps and bounds. She was defiantly going to win now. Faye was so distracted by the cheering stadium that she totally missed the approach of Marco as he took position at the far end of the field. It took the loud voice of the referee to pull her eyes away from the swarming crowds.

When she did focus back on Marco, Faye's crystal blue eyes widened dramatically...then narrowed. The dark haired boy looked to be off balance and alarmed that she was his opponent. Maybe he remembered that she was upset at him still. And she still was. But a trickle of nervousness weeded into her head. Marco had fought well against the wild Pokémon of the forest when her Pokeball had been taken. Did that mean he was a good battler too? She shook her head to clear it. 'No...don't be silly Faye. You are a Rhoades. Victory is in you blood. I won't lose.' The referee made a small speech about the battle. Faye knew that was her queue and inflated Salem's Pokeball. At the nod of the ref, the blond aristocrat tossed out her red and white device, releasing her feline Pokémon onto the field.

The green flag was raised and Faye tensed for the first move. She didn't know how fast Salem was, but seeing as he was a cat, it had to be faster than Marco's silly fire lizard. The dark haired Charizard boy looked like he was going to be sick or something. Faye frowned at that. She didn't like having an opponent who looked like they were going to faint. That didn't bring an attention and no one would remember her if she beat up someone that weak. Some fire during a battle was what made it so exciting. Trash talk was part of the fun. Tossing her hair back, she called across the arena to Marco, "Hey Marco....please don't tell me you've lost your nerve this early? That's just sad, given that you don't think twice about jumping into a fight with wild Pokémon. Guess you're not as big and tough as I thought you were. Oh well...you could always just forfeit now. I won't mind....much."

Faye gave Marco a flirty smile and put a hand on her waist. Salem gave Charmander a feline grin, silently mocking the red Fire Type. He recognized the black bird the other Trainer had as the one that had attacked him in the Museum. He was tempted to rush across the arena and hit the feathered pest, but he had a strong feeling that his blond Trainer wouldn't approve of that. So he waited, tense and ready to spring like a loaded gun. Faye waited to see if her words would have any effect. And, low and behold....they did. Marco called for an attack and before Faye could command her Purrloin, Marco's Charmander was flying across the field in a hazy orange blur, slicing into her Pokémon with sharp tipped nails. Faye gawked for a second, stunned at the speed the fire tailed lizard had displayed. Salem rolled across the field with a pained cry, "NYAAAAA!!!" But the indigo feline was far from out and agility jumped back to his feet, growling at his opponent. Now he was mad.

Faye smiled at her Pokémon, glad to see him ready to fight, "Is that the best you can do? Salem! Return the favor! Show them what a real Scratch Attack looks like!" The sleek purple feline grinned to himself. He understood the order and was happy to obey. Flipping back onto his hind legs, the Purrloin launched himself forward towards the Charmander. Razor tipped claws unsheathed from his paws as he raced across the rink. Reaching Marco's Pokémon, he viciously slice upwards, catching the Fire Type in the belly and up his neck before he dodged back to his side of the battlefield. The fight had officially begun.

[[Purrloin attacks with Scratch. 100% Accuracy. 40% Effect. No Status Aliment]]

Attire Edgy Girl
Mood Energized/Focused/Confident
Word Count 757
O.O.C
X

Amirah the Eevee
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Tackle
      ► Tail Whip
      ► Baby-Doll Eyes
      ► Swift

Salem the Purrloin
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Growl
      ► Assist
      ► Sand Attack

P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 0

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 4

Shadow of Miracles

Quote:

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:48 pm
Erkowan
Faye

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

Charmander's attack had sent the feline pokemon rolling, but Purrloin recovered fairly quickly. Marco still wasn't feeling like he was part of the battle, but why was this happening? He entered the tournament with the right attitude, but now he just felt overwhelmed. The crowds cheers only made it harder for him to concentrate. If something didn't happen soon to snap him out of his stupor then he would just end up shouting random attacks. Marco closed his eyes, why couldn't he just shake off this feeling? It was at that moment when he heard Faye's voice. She was taunting him, but there was a compliment in those words as well; she thought that he was big and tough. Marco blinked, in the Forest he had indeed jumped into a herd of Stantler with hardly any thought behind his actions. He managed to be successful because his mind was focused on one task at hand. His mind was everywhere which was making it difficult for him to do his best right now. Faye said that he could forfeit basically give up since what he was doing right now was very similar.

He wasn't a quitter. Sure he had many problems, but he was working through them. He was aiming to be a stronger person, a better person and after being knocked down so many times he was still standing. Marco felt weight on top of his head and he looked up to see Murkrow. The avian pokemon pecked his forehead causing the boy to flinch in pain. That was when he saw Faye smiling at him with a hand on her waist looking confident and looking like the strongest person he had ever seen despite her size. Marco looked into her eyes and didn't see any doubt only resolve. Murkrow pecked Marco's head again, "ouch, okay I get it. I'll stop being so pathetic." Marco smiled at his Pokemon who smiled back at him. Murkrow returned to his place now that his friend was ready there was no need for him to interfere anymore.

Charmander's Scratch had knocked the purple cat away, but he had quickly recovered and countered with an attack of his own. The feline used an uppercut version of Scratch. Charmander crossed his arms in front of him to attempt to lessen the blow, but the claws from Purrloin were too sharp and he was send flying upwards. "Charmander, don't give up!" the fire-type pokemon heard a voice and in midair he flipped back to recover from the attack landing on his feet. His arms were scratched, but he was still in this battle. Marco closed his eyes and took deep breath to steady his heartbeat. His was no longer jumping from fear, but instead it was racing for a new reason; to fight. "I'm not giving up, Faye," Marco opened his eyes and they were no longer in panic. "So get ready..." The fire lizard was happy to see Marco was more focused now. The black-haired boy was thinking more clearly now and if he wanted to have the edge on this battle then he needed to take control of the battlefield.

"Charmander use Smokescreen!" The fire pokemon opened his mouth and released a thick black smoke that quickly engulfed the field. The purpose of this attack was to obscure Purrloin's vision in hopes to make his attacks easier to dodge. This was not a guarantee, but it would give Charmander a chance and that made the attack worth it. "Stay focus Charmander, we're taking control now." Marco looked at Faye waiting for her next move. Charmander smiled as if he was feeding from Marco's new positive attitude, he felt stronger and more confident. Maybe they did have a chance.

==========

[Smokescreen: Opponent's accuracy is dropped by 10%, affects all of Purrloin's attacks except for Assist.]

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x1
        User Image x2
        User Image x1

User Image  
Erkowan generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:24 am

As Salem darted back to his side of the field, Faye couldn't help but admire her newest Pokémon. The small feline looked powerful. His indigo fur was sleek and shiny, plus the Purrloin was obeying her. Maybe he still had some hope. Marco seemed to still be nervous and unfocused. That was boring, how was she going to become famous if all she was remembered for was defeating someone who couldn't even stand straight. However, Marco's black bird seemed to try to knock some sense into him, pecking him repeatedly in the forehead. After rubbing the spot, her fellow Charizard member seemed to snap out of whatever daze he was in. A much more confident look crossed his face and he called out an encouraging speech to his Pokémon, followed by a declaration that he was ready to fight for real.

Faye nodded in approval, her previous annoyance at Marco a faded though in the back of her mind, "Glad to see you're heads finally out of the clouds. Its not much of a show if one Battler is just lounging around. After all, I have to make this crowd happy. They came out all this way to see me battle...not a circus performance." Despite her slight mocking tone, Faye did smile at Marco. Battling was way more fun than she first thought it was. She could certainly see why people liked it. It was exciting and adrenalizing, like being on a constant rollercoaster ride. Faye tensed as Marco prepared for the next move. And she was shocked by it.

The Charmander breathed out a stinky, thick black cloud of disgusting smoke, obscuring the battlefield in a dark haze. Faye accidently breathed in some of the clogging mist and started to cough,"Cough-cough! Wha-Cough-cough! What the heck is that! Cough-cough! Sa-Salem....Cough...Attack! Do something!" Between Faye's sputtering hacking and the burning haze that stung the Purrloin's large eyes, making the feline paw irritably at his face, something got misunderstood in Salem's head. Well, maybe not misunderstood but rather mistranslated. Faye wasn't really calling out a specific attack, which normally would have confused most Pokémon. But Purrloin was still quite wild, having only been a technical tamed Pokémon for less than a week. And as such, he had a lot of trick up his catty little sleeve.

When Salem had been a young Pokémon, following around his Purrloin parents, he'd been taught a technique that allowed him to learn an attack from another Pokémon. But it only worked if he held a measure of respect and friendship for partnered pair. He'd only every used the move when he was travelling with his parents, as he trusted them. But there was another Pokémon he'd come to admire. Another that he could call on for help. Salem stood up tall, glaring through the sooty haze....and started to cry at the top of his lungs, "NnnyyYAAAA! NnnyyYAAAA! "NnnyyYAAAA!" The feline scream sounded like a fading alarm, beginning at a low sound but ending in a high pitched squeal. Faye waved a hand before her face to clear some of the smoke and was about to snarl at her Purrloin to move....when she felt her Eevee's Pokeball suddenly twitch from her handbag.

Faye was shocked when a bright red light flew from her purse and suddenly Amirah was standing next to her. Her Eevee had broken out of its Pokeball! Faye gapped at her Starter and said in an annoyed voice,"Amirah! What are you doing out, this fight doesn't involve you!" But the fluffy fox ignored her Trainer, walking to the edge of the ring, but not crossing the boundary. Faye was about to yell at her again...when she saw a strange white curving line start to emerge from her Eevee. Too stunned to utter a word, she watched in fascination as the waving energy wobbled towards Salem and connected with the purple feline. Salem stopped screaming and closed his eyes, looking to be concentrating with great force.

The announcer given the crowd the play by play came over the intercom and explained to the audience what was happening, "OH BOY FOLKS! LOOKS LIKE PURRLION IS TRYING TO USE ASSIST! A VERY UNQIUE TACTIC THAT OUR YOUNG TRAINER IS EMPLOYING, GETTING HER POKEMON TO QUICKLY USE A RANDOM MOVE KNOWN BY ANOTHER POKEMON ON HER TEAM! WHAT WILL PURRLOIN USE? EVERYONE HOLD YOUR BREATH AND SEE!" Faye heard that and tilted her head to the side, looking between Salem and Amirah before whispering softly,"Assist? So....Salem can use battle moves Amirah knows? Wow....that's incredible." Grinning, Faye called out to confirm what her Pokémon was already doing,"Salem...Use Assist!!"

The indigo cat had called for aide from his teammate and Amirah had answered, emerging from her ball to let the Purrloin connect with her. A bond of friendship and trust was formed between the two. Amirah would help Salem in this battle. No long needing to see clearly through the hazy smoke, Salem fired his powerful legs and streaked forward. The attack was set in his mind, fueled by Amirah's knowledge. He knew what he needed to do. Exploding from the black mist, Salem lower his head, pinned back his ears and slammed his skull into Charmander's torso in a devastating Tackle Attack. The hit was so hard that Salem momentarily saw stars, but he shook his head to quickly clear it. Amirah cheered from the side and Faye jumped in place excitedly,"YAAAHHHH!! Good job Salem!" "Ewwee! Eeee! Eewwwee! Eewee!" (I'm here if you need more help!)

[[Purloin used Assist. Purrloin learned Tackle. 100% Accuracy. 50% Effect. No Status Aliments]]

Attire Edgy Girl
Mood Surprised/Upset/Confused/Awestruck/Excited
Word Count 917
O.O.C
X

Amirah the Eevee
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Tackle
      ► Tail Whip
      ► Baby-Doll Eyes
      ► Swift

Salem the Purrloin
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Growl
      ► Assist
      ► Sand Attack

P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 0

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 4

Shadow of Miracles

Quote:

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:45 pm
Erkowan
Faye

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

Marco smiled back at Faye. He agreed that this was looking more like a battle now. He didn't have time to worry about his feelings because all that mattered was helping Charmander win. Faye was a lot more confident with the atmosphere than he was, in fact she was feeding off the energy. However, now that Marco was focused all outside noises were dulled as if someone had pressed mute and there was only two trainers and two pokemon facing each other. The smokescreen seemed to have caught Faye and Purrloin off guard which was Marco's plan all along since it would grant him more control in the field. Charmander could still see the feline pokemon fairly well and he saw the way Purrloin struggle with the smoke. Change was sometimes difficult and when a surprise factor like this was introduced in a battle then it could hinder the combatants. This plan was no means a guarantee since Pokemon adapted very quickly to most situations and they relied on instinct which was a powerful weapon. How would Faye handle this new change?

The proud Rhoades breathed in some of the smoke by accident which caused Marco to look at her with concern. "Are you okay? Be careful with that stuff!" his actions were probably unlikely since most trainers didn't show immediate concern for their opponents. In fact, most would probably try to use the confusion to their advantage. All the sudden, an Eevee appeared from Faye's waist and the fluffy Pokemon got close to the ring; was it going to try and help Purrloin? That was against the rules! The Pokemon stopped at edge of the ring and a strange white line surrounded it which then fired right at the purple-cat pokemon. Marco was confused and Faye seemed to have reacted the same way. The announcer's voice helped to clarify the situation by explaining what was happening to Purrloin. He was using a move called Assist which selected a random attack from another Pokemon in Faye's team. That explained why the Eevee was present, she was there to "help" Purrloin without having to enter the battle.

Charmander looked at his opponent, but felt like he was no longer just battling one Pokemon, but two. The Smokescreen didn't even seem to faze the cat pokemon anymore who was looking extra serious. "Charmander watch out!" Marco tried to warn his fire pokemon after hearing Faye give the command to use Assist. Unfortunately, he was too late and Purrloin was already sprinting at the fire lizard at full speed. Charmander didn't have much time to react as the feline bashed his head against his torso. Charmander felt the air leaving his lungs as his body was send flying back. He was rolling and couldn't find a way to hold onto the ground to stop himself. "Charmander you have to recover!" the fire pokemon was eventually able to stop himself nearly getting knocked out of the field. He was nearly down on the ground gasping for air with his head down. The whole battle seemed to have come to halt as Charmander tried to regain his breath, but was having difficulty standing up. Marco took a step forward wondering if Charmander could continue battling, but stopped once he saw the fire on his tail flaring up.

"Chaaarr!" Charmander shouted quite loudly as he stood up. The fire on his tail grew a large size and his eyes were glowing. The fire lizard looked angry and with those glowing eyes and huge fire behind him, he looked quite intimidating. Marco watched with a mixture of emotions, what was happening to Charmander? "THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE FOLKS! CHARMANDER LOOKS TOTALLY ENRAGED, COULD THIS BE THE FAMOUS DRAGON RAGE?!" Dragon Rage? Marco pondered, was this Charmander's new move? He did feed him all those Rare Candies before the battle, maybe his Pokemon had learned a new move and it was this 'Dragon Rage'. Looks like Faye wasn't the only one that would be surprised by their pokemon today. Charmander looked over his shoulder at Marco and their eyes. For a brief couple of seconds neither one of them said a word, but Charmander nodded at him as if telling him to continue. Marco nodded back and the two faced their opponents once more.

"Charmander use Dragon Rage!" Marco pointed forward as he shouted his next attack command. Charmander opened his mouth and a ball of fire began to form which he shot towards Purrloin. The ball of fire expanded, growing into a large sphere which would engulf Purrloin upon contact.

==========

[Dragon Rage: 100% accuracy]

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x1
        User Image x2
        User Image x1

User Image  
Erkowan rolled 1 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (1-0)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:26 pm
VOID POST....sorry..... razz  

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
Erkowan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Faye briefly heard Marco's concern about her breathing in the smokescreen that his Charmander had made. It made her feel a little better, thinking that Marco was worried about her. Wait...what? Faye shook her head to clear it. She wasn't suppose to like that! Marco was her opponent, she was here to beat him! 'Focus Faye! This isn't the time to be thinking about some boy...even if he is sorta nice....' Forcing her facial expression into one of annoyance, she called across the field to Marco, "Be more careful when you aim that stuff! It stinks!" After Purrloin had hit the Chamander hard enough to send it flying off its feet, Faye was certain that the battle was over. The little lizard struggled to get back to its feet and Salem was prancing around proudly. At her feet, Amirah had returned to Faye's side and was sitting politely and obediently. Truly, Faye was heading for the next round, she was sure of that.

The blond Rhoades was silently congratulating herself, when Marco's Chamander suddenly leapt to its feet. Faye gapped at the Fire Dragon, feeling a shiver trickle up her spine. It looked sooo mad! Her tongue seemed to swell a bit and dried up. Was that Pokémon going to attack her? It almost looked like it, given the ominous glowing eyes and snarling growl it was letting out. Salem stopped celebrating and stared across the field at the enraged Charmander. The feline felt fear grip him and he backed away, not understanding what was happening, but feeling danger lurk in the air. And his instincts were right. Faye gasped as a glowing ball of energy formed in the lizard's maw, growing in size and intensity, before the Charmander fired the attack at Salem. She heard Marco and the announcer call it ['Dragon Rage and she didn't like the sound of that at all.

"Salem! Dodge the attack! Hurry!" The speedy Purloin attempted to leap out of the way, but the clogging smoke still lingering on the battlefield burned his eyes and slowed his jump. The spiraling ball of energy exploded! Faye shrieked as the wind picked up, sending her hair flying around her face and clouds of dust whizzing into the air. She raised her arms to protect her face as the sonic boom of the fading Dragon Rage attack left her ears ringing. After a moment, Faye lowered her arms to survey the field. A large gash had formed where the streaking ball of energy had flew and the dust was clearing. Faye's blue eyes widened upon seeing her Purrloin laying on his side with black soot coating his once pristine fur. Salem didn't appear to be moving. Had that attack really knocked him out that fast?

"Salem? Salem? Are you alright? Salem?" Faye felt like the sky had suddenly fallen on her head. She....she lost? That just...that wasn't possible. She was a Rhoades. Before her brain could completely break, her Purrloin twitched. Slowly, like watching paint dry, the feline pulled his feet under him and gingerly stood up. He was panting hard and shaky, but Salem was up and he was still ready to fight. Carefully walking back to the center of his side of the ring, he glared at the Charmander. That....had....hurt! Salem growled towards the fire lizard, respecting him for the strength he displayed, but still determine to show why cats were the best.

Faye was so relived to see her Pokémon move and not be knocked out that it took a few moments for her to remember she was still battling. The thought that she might have failed at winning was almost too much for her to take. Faye would NOT lose! She WOULDN'T! Seeing Salem ready to attack again, she called for a familiar strike, "Scratch Attack now! Knock that lizard on its tail!" Salem reared up onto his hind legs before three long purple glowing claws rocketed out of his paw. Jumping back so he could build up speed, the Purrloin fired himself towards Charmander. A break in the smoke gave him the opening he needed to zero in on his target. Leaping above the red lizard, Salem brought his knife edged claws down on Chamander's head in a modified Pile-Driver method.

[[Purloin used Scratch. 90% Accuracy. 40% Effect. No Status Aliments]]

Attire Edgy Girl
Mood Touched/Slightly Flustered/Frightened/Worried/Panicked/Relived
Word Count 710
O.O.C
X

Amirah the Eevee
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Tackle
      ► Tail Whip
      ► Baby-Doll Eyes
      ► Swift

Salem the Purrloin
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Growl
      ► Assist
      ► Sand Attack

P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 0

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 4

Shadow of Miracles

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:02 pm
Erkowan
Faye

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

Marco rubbed the back of his head sheepishly after Faye scolded him regarding the Smokescreen. The black-haired boy refocused on the battle especially after Charmander's powerful display on his new attack. His eyes had been glowing and the fire on his tail had flared up intensely. The move had even temporary paralyzed for Purrloin which made it impossible for the feline to dodge. He took the hit straight on and the results spoke for themselves with Purrloin lying on the ground with the destructive power of Dragon Rage showed on the field. Charmander's fire tail slowly returned to its regular size and his eyes were no longer glowing. The strength of the move had even caught Marco by surprise and the audience had grown a little silent after seeing Purrloin lying on the ground. Did they win the battle? The purple cat pokemon didn't look like it would be getting up, but Charmander was still staring him down so maybe this wasn't over....

Faye's shouts of worry caught Marco's attention; it seemed that even she wasn't sure if her Pokemon could continue fighting. However, the feline proved to be quite the tough fighter as he slowly stood up. Charmander watched Purrloin closely and waited until he was standing properly; that cat had earned his respect and he would not attack until he was ready to continue the battle. Marco saw his Pokemon and immediately understood his feelings, he didn't want to attack Purrloin while he was down. This was a good battle, no this was a great battle and Marco was enjoying the challenge. Even though he wasn't physically a part of the battle, he felt adrenaline rushing through him like he was right there fighting alongside Charmander. Once the cat was standing again, the pair braced themselves for the counterattack. Faye called out her next move and Purrloin lunged forward as his claws started to glow and grow. He leaped into the air and then came down striking Charmander right down the top of his head. The impact was heard throughout the field and even a small shockwave pushed some of the smoke apart. The fire lizard hit the ground hard, but the rise in dust coupled with the smoke made it difficult to see what the damage was. "Charmander!" Marco shouted in concerned because he couldn't see how badly hurt his Pokemon was.

The dust and smoke eventually cleared and what was revealed surprised everyone. It appeared like Charmander's face had hit the ground, but taking a closer look revealed that the lizard pokemon was using his arms to stop his face from touching the ground. The attack had been brutal and Charmander was flinching from the pain and his arms were shaking trying to support the weight of Purrloin's claws on his head. Marco was relieved to see that his Pokemon was not giving up and that he was also ready to continue this battle! "counter with Scratch! Show him whose boss!" Marco shouted with a smile on his face, he was getting pumped! Charmander looked at Purrloin and grinned before shooting upwards to push the feline off him. Once freed, Charmander swiped at Purrloin scratching the cat's right cheek, but Purrloin wasn't going to take that. The cat retaliated with a scratch of his own which struck the fire lizard in his left cheek. Charmander wasn't going to take that attack and immediately countered. The two pokemon started exchanging blows with both of them swiping at each other. The next hit was stronger than the last as lizard and cat refused to give the other an edge. They were moving their hands so fast, but everyone in the audience could hear the sounds of blows being exchanged. The impacts were causing the smoke around them to disperse and this was quite the sight for everyone.

"THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! CHARMANDER AND PURRLOIN ARE LOCKED INTO A FIERCE BATTLE AND THEY ARE BOTH DETERMINED TO WIN! THIS IS A TRUE DISPLAY OF COMPETITION FOLKS, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT THESE TWO HAVE CAPTURED MY HEART!"

The audience cheered for the Pokemon as neither of them wanted to give up. Marco watched his Pokemon using Scratch feeling quite proud of him and the determination that he was showing. Charmander show his hand forward finally pushing the feline Pokemon back. This allowed them to gain some distance which Charmander used to regain his breath. All those blows had left both Pokemon quite beaten and covered in bruises. However, neither one of them were going to be giving up yet. Charmander's fire was slowly growing again or maybe it had been growing in size during this whole battle as he was being pushed to his limits.

==========

[Scratch: 100% accuracy. Please note that while the post mentions that Scratch was used a lot of times, it will only be counting as ONE Scratch. The multiple attacks were simply done for RP preference and to put on a good show for everyone. I asked Erkowan for her permission to say that her Purrloin exchanged attacks with Charmander and she agreed.]

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x1
        User Image x2
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Erkowan generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 3!

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Faye was leaning forward in her square, inches away from the battlefields border and waited for the dust to clear from her Purrloin's last attack. The force of the hit had been felt over on her side. Surely Salem had knocked out Marco's Charmander with that attack...right? The crowd went silent, everyone simply waiting till the cloud settled. Faye squinted through the haze of smoke still lingering. Man...that Smokescreen was REALLY annoying. Finally she managed to see something. Marco's Charmander was holding itself up by its small, stubby arms, and most defiantly wasn't out of the battle yet. The blond girl frowned in irritation. Maybe it would have been better to have used Amirah, she would have already won at this point. Or so Faye thought anyway.

Marco call for his fire Pokémon to attack again. The rich Rhoades wasn't about to let that stand, and neither was her Purrloin, "Guard Salem! Strike back when you have an opening!!" The purple feline yowled in response. Blow after blow was struck. Hammer strikes, hits that would have knocked less determined Pokémon to the ground. But neither were willing to back down. Both were too proud and too stubborn to fall. Both were going to win...no matter what. Finally, Chamander broke through Salem's ferocity and delivered a hit that made the slicing feline slide back towards Faye. The blue eyed girl looked over her Pokémon with concern. Salem was coated in dark spots and bleeding from several gashes. But he was still standing, though his legs were shaking and his breath came in harsh gasps.

Faye didn't know what to do. Did Salem have enough steam left to keep fighting? She shook her head hard. Of course he did! Salem was a Rhoades Pokémon now. Rhoades didn't quit....they conquered. Amirah walked over to her Trainer before standing on her hind legs and pressing her front paws against Faye's legs to get her attention. Faye glanced down at her Eevee, the one who Salem had summoned to help him. The fluffy fox blinked her soulful black eyes at the blond girl and chirped in a mournful voice, "Eewee....Eee...Eewee." Surprisingly...Faye understood what her Pokémon wanted. When did she learn to read her Pokémon? Was it just the heat of battle that made it easier?

Nodding to her Starter, Faye waited till the Eevee had padded over to the edge of the ring again. Salem had looked back over his shoulder, wondering why his Trainer was hesitating. Seeing the adorable Normal Type move closer, the Purrloin knew what his Trainer was going to do...and started to prepare. "Salem...focus now! Use Assist!" The feline closed his eyes and concentrated on his teammate. It was harder now, he hurt all over and his stamina was low....but he wasn't willing to quit. Now....it was just a matter of luck....Salem foucsed and waited for the unfamiliar move to become clear in his head. And when it did....it shocked both him and Marco's Chamander. Salem snapped open his eyes, which now gleamed like twin pairs of emeralds, breaking through the haze of smoke. The hypnotising circular orbs weaved back and forth, fascinating Marco's Chamander as the fire lizard rocked with the snake like motion's of Purrloin's head. Muscles relaxed and joints loosened as the fierce Fire Type felt calmer and less prone to strike the cooing feline.

[[Purloin used Assist. Purrloin learned Baby-Doll Eyes. 100% Accuracy. Effect: Lowers Attack by One Stage. No Status Condition]]

Attire Edgy Girl
Mood Anticipation/Excitement/Understanding
Word Count 557
O.O.C
X

Amirah the Eevee
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Tackle
      ► Tail Whip
      ► Baby-Doll Eyes
      ► Swift

Salem the Purrloin
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Growl
      ► Assist
      ► Sand Attack

P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 0

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 4

Shadow of Miracles

Quote:

Shadow of Miracles rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:41 pm
Erkowan
Faye

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

Charmander was panting trying to steady his breath, but his whole body was hurting. That last attack had really taken its toll on him, but he had managed to push the feline back. Even though he should have been on his last leg, he was still standing ready to battle. The flame on the tip of his tail was still flaring fiercely as if it was the manifestation of Charmander's will to battle. To a Charmander, the fire on their tail was a representation of their life and strength. His body was covered in battle bruises, but with a fire burning that brightly he felt like he could continue....he had to continue. His opponent was showing quite the strength as well and the fire lizard respected a Pokemon that could show that much determination. However, Marco knew that the battle was coming to an end. Both Pokemon were stubborn, but it was clear that their bodies would give in before their battle spirits. A part of him really wanted to win, but he didn't want to put Charmander in any more danger and that part of him greatly out-weighted his desire to win.

Faye called out her next move and when he saw that Eevee had once again come closer to the battlefield, Marco could already guess what was coming. Assist was quite the random move, literally, and the outcome could not be predicted. Of course the move relied entirely on Eevee's moveset, but Marco did not know what moves Faye's fox Pokemon had. All he saw was Tackle, but there were still 3 others which could be dangerous (he didn't know). Charmander was quite aware of the attack as well, but he wasn't going to back down and instead braced himself for whatever move would occur. Purrloin's attack was a hypnotizing beam ejected from his eyes which had caused Charmander to wobble a little. The fire lizard felt strangely relaxed like his strength was suddenly leaving him. Once the effects had taken their toll, Charmander shook himself back to his senses. He didn't feel as strong anymore and Marco took notice of his Pokemon's behavior. "That attack must have zapped Charmander's strength..." Marco commented with a worried tone, "I guess no more Scratch, we'll need to rely on another move." The black-haired boy was tempted to use Dragon Rage again, but this was likely his Pokemon's final attack; would Dragon Rage guarantee him victory?

"Chaaaaarr!"

Marco heard Charmander's shout and immediately focused his eyes on his Pokemon; what he saw shocked him. The fire on Charmander's tail grew to a massive size, even bigger than before! However, this wasn't the only noticeable feature about the fire-type Pokemon. Charmander's body was being surrounded by a fiery aura. Marco watched his Pokemon power-up before him and he wondered if this was his ability. From the fire on his tail to the fiery aura, everything pointed to one course of action. This would be their best at victory and Marco could not pass up this chance. There was only one move that he could use at this moment and Charmander knew that as well. "Give it everything you got for this next move, Charmander!" Marco called out and the fire lizard nodded as he got into position.

"....Use EMBER!"

With one last battle cry, Charmander jumped into the air and opened his mouth to release bolts of fire. The Fire Gem that Charmander was holding suddenly started to shine as if reacting to the fire move that fire-type Pokemon would be using shorty. Charmander's balls of fire grew in size until they were large fire balls which rained down on Purrloin. They were quite a sight to see and their destructive power would surely be an even greater result. Once the attack ended, the light from the Fire Gem disappeared and instead it became dark until the gem shattered into several pieces.

==========

[Ember: 100% accuracy. 10% Chance to Burn. Powered up by STAB, Blaze (ability triggered for final fire move) and Fire Gem]

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x1
        User Image x2
        User Image x1

User Image  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Erkowan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Disappointment. That was what she felt. Faye had really hoped that Salem's use of Assist would render a more powerful move. A Swift attack would have been beautiful, but as she'd learned, Salem couldn't choose which move he learned. It simply happened. However, it did appear that Marco's Chamander was put off guard by the gleaming stare her Purrloin put out. That was at least a promising sight. The field was still smoky and hard to see through, which made the devastation of Marco's next attack all the more shocking.

Faye could clearly see the flame on the Chamander's tail growing larger and larger. She didn't think that was a very good sign, last time that happened, Faye almost lost her Pokémon. But she wasn't willing to give up, and neither was her Purrloin. "Salem! Be on guard!" Try as she might to warn her feline Pokémon, it was for naught when the last attack Marco called was executed.

The battlefield exploded!!! Faye dropped to her knees as the heat of the fire attack turned the air hot and humid. Raining bits of ash caught on her golden hair and warmed uncomfortably against her skin. Amirah cowered under Faye, whimpering in distress but looking out at the carnage battlefield in concern for her feline teammate. Once the noise had died down, Faye carefully uncovered her face and looked up, rising to her feet slowly. The fighting area was in ruins. Gashes and craters decorated the ground, dust and smoke filled the air and her Purrloin was no where to be seen.

The sinking feeling of defeat was crawling back up her spine, making her stomach knot up and her mouth go dry. She couldn't have lost....it just...she couldn't take that. Finally, some of the dust was blown away...to revel her Purrloin standing. Faye stared at her Pokémon, half expected him to fall over at the next gentle breeze. And it looked like he might. Indigo fur was not completely black and brown. Salem's ears were pinned back and he heaved with heavy breaths that shook his entire frame. But he was standing and he was ready for one final strike.

Faye swallowed hard, wondering if she should walk away now. That would be easier to take than a full defeat. But the thought of forfeiting was simply NOT in her nature. Faye was a Rhoades, bred from birth to have anything and everything she wanted. And right now....she wanted to WIN!!! Gritting her teeth hard enough her jaw ached, she called out to her Pokémon, "Salem!! Don't give up! This fight it ours, got it! Dig deep and hit that Charmander with a Scratch!!" The injured and weakened Purrloin pulled himself up straighter. He was tired, hurt and worn out. But he was also proud and resilient. He wouldn't quit till he was forced to, which right now wouldn't take too much. Firing his shaking muscles, Salem streaked towards Marco's Charmander, who's flame was now dying back down to a normal size, the feline unsheathed his claws with the intent of make this attack his strongest yet.

The smoke was no obstacle for his sharp eyes, he could see his target clearly. As the Purrloin drew closer, he leapt into the air. The black haze swirled around the feline, making him appear as though he had an aura of darkness following him. Apt for his Type and intimidating all the same. Bearing down on the Charmander, he fell through the air behind the fire lizard. Spinning on his hind legs, Salem slashed his claws together, crossing his front paws over his chest and streaking the air with purple light. Six cuts sliced into the Charmander with such force that it was thrown forward, rolling across the ground. Salem dropped to his paws once done, panting from the excursions. He was barley keeping himself conscious. Had it been enough? Had he won? Only time would tell now. Faye leaned forward, watching Marco's down Charmander. Was it finally over?

[[Purloin used Scratch. 90% Accuracy. 40% Effect. No Status Aligments]]

(This is the fifth post from both Shadow and myself. We are both ready for judgement on the battle and await the results eagerly)

Attire Edgy Girl
Mood Scared/Concerned/Worried/Determine
Word Count 667
O.O.C
X

Amirah the Eevee
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Tackle
      ► Tail Whip
      ► Baby-Doll Eyes
      ► Swift

Salem the Purrloin
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Growl
      ► Assist