Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:06 pm
User Image

The older lion was wet from mane to tail, completely submerged in the calm ocean waters. He'd never seen so much water in his life! Living in the tall mountains, and built for snow, he didn't know he could have so much fun playing in the clear waters. He'd seen many things, deserts, jungles, plains, and rivers so wide you couldn't swim them; but never anything like this.

He dove down again chomping at fish as they swam, clearly missing, he threw his head back out of the water with a loud happy roar. Later in telling this tale he would probably explain how large the great fish he caught was, but for now he was happy for just the experience.

Ailani had traveled all his life, his pride disbanded soon after he was born, and he'd always had a heart filled with wanderlust, what's next, what could be over that horizon or the next. He had family out there somewhere, but he wouldn't know now how to find them. The world was family and he greeted it each day with happiness.

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:36 pm
User Image

The lioness had slept in, it was an unusual occurrence, but she had needed the rest obviously. While getting up she mumbled some excuse about 'old age' or what have you , but was soon on the go.

Since she was already late to starting her day she decided for a trip to the ocean, perhaps a quick dip or to at least stick a toe or two in. She could easily begin her hunting there and return to go else where later. Her duties were flexible and she appreciated that greatly. Especially these days.

As she approached the ocean, eyes closed and head high she inhaled deeply. Her nostrils flair and she takes in the salty tang in the air. This was life, this was her life. Eyes, still closed, she moved towards the water. Relaxed. Trusting. Nearing the tide she kept her eyes still closed.

This situation allowed her to truly feel. Feel the sand squish beneath her toes, the sensation was incredible as it pushed for position within and around her paw. It allowed her the ability to feel as each droplet splashed from the minimal waves. Felt as the water finally crept to her toes.

Felt as...

"What was that?" Her ears perked up and forward, eyes narrowed and head whirled. There was a mighty roar, a happy one, but still something she couldn't place. The sound wasn't a familiar one and so she was on guard. Had the noise maker seen her small display? Something so personal? A blush formed on her cheeks as she considered this. Still she couldn't spot the culprit, though she did spy a disturbance in the water, perhaps an individual was below the surface? Mentally, she prepped herself as she began her walk over.

Tisiphone

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:52 pm
As foolish as it seemed Ailani had stepped onto the Bahari lands without really knowing he was in pridal territory, he'd wandered through the night too excited to see the ocean that he was hyper focused on finding it and didn't stop to think he could be encroaching on someone's territory. The large lion was headstrong and easily excitable, but he wasn't about to cause a fight unnecessarily.

He paused to consider the thought that perhaps he shouldn't be here. But the surf felt too good in his thick fur, and the fish looked too tasty to stop his merriment. He'd caught fish in rivers and this was completely different. They moved quickly and their interestingly bright colors couldn't help be chased. He continued chasing trying to corner a particularly bright one, running towards shore to try and cause it to make a mistake.

He continued swimming until his swimming became more of an awkward run toward the beach beach, the large fish eluding capture. Ailani roared again a happy roar and stamped his feet in the mushy sand. This was the life and something he could get used to.

The large lion suddenly realized he was not alone, he'd rushed the shore near a white lioness and he felt a little foolish with all his merriment. He had not seen her blind walking toward shore or he might feel a bit better. Had she been watching him? He shook his fur out a bit to look less like a drowned cub.

"Um...hi?"

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:14 pm
A stranger had stepped in the midst of their lands and his first words to a member of the pride was 'hi'? Baffled by the start of the conversation she took the time to take in what she was looking at. A lion, perhaps about her age, dark pelt with incredibly playful eyes. From what she had gathered he was enjoying some time in the large body of water. The same large body of water that had always drawn her, pulled her in and made her feel so alive.

"Hello." She said, her words weren't unkind, but also didn't hold any form of sweet tone that it usually had. Instead she chose to remain neutral, there was simply no reason to believe he was prepared to be nice to her. But of course her mind pointed out that .. how bad could a lion be if he enjoyed the ocean that much?

Taking a moment she decidedly dropped her rump and began to appear more relaxed. "Why are you here?" She inquired simply. The answer to this question could very well be the deciding factor of what her next move would be.

Tisiphone

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Greenie EA

Wow she seems cheery, he thought, she didn't quite seem like a threat but she couldn't possibly be happy he was here with that tone. She seemed around his age, although he was completely sure age meant nothing if you lived with childish wonder as he did.

He flopped down as she dropped her rump, half in the water and half out. The waves still lapping and tickling his back feet.

"Fishing!" He said letting a sickeningly sweet tone enter his voice, "I'm sorry if these are your fish, but I hadn't seen anyone around."

"I traveled a long, long way just to see the water, I didn't see anyone as I walked along the sands, am I trespassing?" He may be playful but he was at least sensible enough to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:32 pm
Tisiphone
Sorry, I thought I responded to this!

Yawo watched the ocean splash, almost playfully at the rump of her unchosen companion. She mused that perhaps the ocean was letting her know it was okay, he was okay. The thought entered her mind and flared, grounding her.

"Well, truthfully.." The pale lioness began, a grin forming on her face, perhaps the first smile showing since they had started talking. "..no one owns the fish of the ocean. She doesn't even own them, she cares for them like a Mother would." Yawo maintained the grin on her face and flicked her tail gently. The very tip was greeted with the pleasant coolness of the water.

"Ah. A traveler." Her thoughts roamed to another traveler that had come and gone. She dropped that thought as quick as it had come. "You certainly are trespassing - you've come to the lands of the Bahari. But we are a gentle pride, a welcoming one."

"Where did you travel from?"

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:54 pm
She seemed to soften a little and that pleased Ailani, he wasn't one for confrontation although he'd come from a pride that valued toughness. He just wasn't tough.

"I like the way you think, no one can own something else, you know?" Okay, he was a total wandering hippy, but he was always happy and willing to have a conversation. "My father came from the ocean, I told myself I'd find my way back to it one day, and I have."

Bahari...Ailani blinked slowly, that had been exactly where his father was from. He'd found his father's home without realizing it, how odd the way the world worked.

"I am from a little known pride in the mountains, we dispersed when I was quite young. I followed with my family for awhile, but traveling calls to my heart. I assume one day I'll find love and stay in one place. But, I'm getting a little old for that." He chuckled lightly. He felt old sometimes, he wasn't as young as he was when he'd started his travels and at times he did feel the need to settle.

"I've traveled a long time and wanted to find the sea, and here it is." He said slowly, "And here you are! I am Ailani, by the way. It is a pleasure to meet you...?" She hadn't said her name and he frowned at that.

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:17 pm
The irony in the situation was incredible, what were the chances that he'd stumble upon his Fathers home like this? Perhaps the chances were higher, given the body of water, but still - she flicked her tail again.

"We have common views, fantastic."

The pale lioness took to her paws and stretched them as she pulled herself to full height. She was small, not incredibly tiny, but just lightly framed. This allowed her to be agile, which was useful during hunts. Yawo moved her slender frame to be a touch closer to her companion and also the ocean, this was a much more comfortable way of spending her time. She wasn't on edge anymore and didn't see any reason to continue the distance.

Chuckling herself she grinned broadly. "Ah, I understand, a hopeless romantic." Yawo teased smoothly. Who didn't have that dream? Though she hadn't traveled a day in her life she did hope that some day love would strike her down, take her out and perhaps she could live happily ever after. Those were just dreams though.

"Aren't we all?"

She mused about their age briefly and looked to the ocean. "So, since you're Father was from here, do you plan to stay a while? Perhaps learn a little bit about your heritage?"

Tisiphone

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:13 pm
He grinned and her question and thought for a moment, would he stay to find out about his heritage? Probably not. He'd stay for the ocean and stay for the sand. Her moving toward him had not gone without notice.

"I'm thinking I'll stick around to see what the ocean will bring me, I'm not sure if I have any family left here, or if I want to know about them." His mother had left their pride to find a male to mate with and come back pregnant - his father ended up hanging around.

He gave his silly younger - lions grin and spoke, "Besides, how will I ever learn to catch the fish and get to know pretty lions that will scold me for trespassing." He splashed water at her playfully.

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:22 pm
Yawo understood entirely. She had often dreamed of traveling, but felt compelled to stay at the idea of promises made by the ocean herself. By the time he had finished speaking she felt her whole body tense and cheeks bloom with a ripe rosy tinge. The smile she wore was goofy and awkward, nothing like her initial professional appearance.

Now, now this wasn't the first time you've been called pretty!

Her mind scolded her harshly as she tried to gather her wits. The pale lioness began to shift a little in her seat and had the sudden urge to stand up, perhaps walk away? Instead she remained. "Well, perhaps the pretty lioness could make some more time to scold the silly, handsome lion?"

What had she said!?

Bright blue orbs stared wildly at him. She was nervous beyond belief, but extraordinarily excited! Was this moment truly happening. Yawo made herself take a breath and even was tempted to poke herself, but she knew it was real. Sitting silently now she could still feel the burn on her cheeks.

Tisiphone

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:16 am
For a moment Ailani felt he'd misspoken, he was flirty and free spirited by nature but then she seemed to relax and flirted back a little bit, albeit a little redder beneath her pale fur and he felt he was in the clear. She was tiny for a lioness but he found that beautiful.

"I think I would like that, would you like to take swim with me? We could look for fish."

Although he wanted to spend time with her, the ocean is what brought him here and he didn't want to waste the calm waters and privacy to enjoy it. He'd never felt more might on his feet than this morning in the water. He was a large hairy lion built for mountains, not the warm air of other climates.

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 am
Rather than answering with words, since majority of their current status remained unspoken she had decided to continue the pattern. Her eyes lit up with something almost out of character, a spark of playfulness. Yawo picked herself up carefully and with a paw she scooped up a mix of sand/water and tossed it in the males direction.

Then, with an inviting smile on her face, she bolted for the water.

Tisiphone
Fin?

I can start another for them if you'd like. ~ With this one Yawo now has a total of 2 RPs lol (I went through and found only unfinished ones unfortunately >: )

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas