Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mkodi

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:25 am
User Image
More hiring! In this thread, we'll be looking for at least one regular colorist, possibly more.

You need to have entries in by July 15th at 7 PM EDT. Please post your entries here! <3 We reserve the right to extend the contest, or to not hire anyone at all.

Rules and Details
  • You should NOT post these lines anywhere else EXCEPT here (do not post your finished product in the main thread for opinions). This INCLUDES concept images. If you want to make concept images, please use lines provided by Amy D or other artists, not these lines. You will be immediately graylisted if you post these lines anywhere else, and blacklisted if you refuse to remove them promptly.
  • Please only apply if you're very familiar with the way SoA works, and are willing to commit long-term to the shop. We don't want to have to replace you five months from now.
  • You need to be able to color; you do all your own coloring and growing of pets (you may do certing if you wish, but we do have certists to do this). You will be expected to have all stages colored in advance when you do multi-stage pets. You also need to know how to work with people -- if you've handled yourself poorly in the past or have a tendency to drama when you don't get what you want, you won't be picked. In addition, do not apply if you have personal problems with anyone currently on staff; we need people who can get along and play nice with staff as well as with customers.
  • You keep 100% of what you make! SoA colorists also get a number of benefits, including the ability to make SoAs for themselves, as gifts, etc. - but only if you keep up with your work.
  • You earn credits for your work, and when you meet a mimimum 'quota' of credits each month, you earn the ability to color SoAs for yourself in the remainder of that month. You need to be able to work independently. You also need to have time! You may apply if you work for another shop, but only if you think you can keep up with SoA as well.
  • All colorists are required to tally and keep track of their own credits in the staff forum, and to maintain a post in a thread keeping track of the stages for any growing work that you do.
  • If you have any questions, PM Mkodi.

• For this hiring contest, please do at least three fake!breedings using the options presented below. Each fake!breeding must have at least two offspring, but you may do more if you wish. These fake!breedings will be slightly different from those in past hirings: this time, you will pair together any two SoAs of your choosing from those provided, and combine them with a palette as well. How much you choose to use from each ingredient (SoA x SoA x palette) is up to you!
  • Some of the resulting SoA may ultimately end up in a free raffle, in which case they will earn you your first credits.

SoAs:
    - Tifu
    - Sarhna
    - Kwekwe
    - Ataullah
    - Anu-sok
    - Andhiya`o
    - Sahib-e-Adalat
    - Sagonige (tattoo offspring as Ela'wadiyi)
    - Ardhi-hai (at least one offspring should have wing markings)

Palettes:
    - Fresh Hues
    - Market Hues
    - Coffee Hues
    - Color Shore
    - Color Study
    - Color Season
    - Color Horizon
    - Color Window
    - Color Valentine

Templates:
    Each offspring for a particular breeding should be the same species (you can do one breeding that produces cheetahs, one that produces hyenas, and one that produces wild dogs, but not one that produces a combination thereof).
    - Female Cheetah, Male Cheetah
    - Female Hyena, Male Hyena
    - Female Wild Dog, Male Wild Dog

When you're finished, post in this thread with the form below filled out:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Pairings+Palettes Chosen:[/b]
[b]Finished cubs:[/b]
[b]Questions for you:[/b]
[i]How many cubs may be customed into a litter (normal and hybrid)?[/i]
[i]If an adolescent male lion bred to an adult female lioness, what is the maximum number of cubs they could have (not taking into account added customs)?[/i]
[i]What is a 'rogue' breeding?[/i]
[i]Where have you worked previously/where do you work currently?[/i]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Username: Missy-Kun
Pairings+Palettes Chosen:
1. Tifu x Sarhna x Fresh Hues
2. Andhiya`o x Anu-sok x Valentine
3. Kwekwe x Ataullah x Window
Finished cubs:

Tifu x Sarhna
User ImageUser Image

Andhiya`o x Anu-sok x Valentine
User Image
User Image

Kwekwe x Ataullah
User Image
User Image

Questions for you:
How many cubs may be customed into a litter (normal and hybrid)?
2 cubs are standard for normal breeding.

Hybrids have half-sized litters, so 1. o3o

If an adolescent male lion bred to an adult female lioness, what is the maximum number of cubs they could have (not taking into account added customs)? Max number would be 3 cubs.

What is a 'rogue' breeding? A breeding that has an NPC father.

Where have you worked previously/where do you work currently? I currently work for Darach Croi, I have worked at several B/C shops that have since closed down, I don't remember the name of most of them, but I'm happy to provide some old samples!

Thanks for considering n_n  

Missy-Kun

Indulgent Nymph

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:33 am
Username: Andranis
Pairings+Palettes Chosen: Sagonige + Ardhi-hai + Color Shore; Ataullah + Anu-sok + Color Horizon; Sahrna+Andiya'o+Color Valentine
Finished cubs:
User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Questions for you:
How many cubs may be customed into a litter (normal and hybrid)? 2 into a Normal litter, 1 into a hybrid litter... Unless the hybrid parent(s) can make pure-blood babies, then 2 as long as both are pure-blood lions, leopards, or cheetahs. As many as you can obtain a slot for via regular customs(Not including hybrid cubs)
If an adolescent male lion bred to an adult female lioness, what is the maximum number of cubs they could have (not taking into account added customs)? With 5 RPs each, 3; With 10 RPs each, 4
What is a 'rogue' breeding? Where the female(Or male, if it's a special random event) has random cubs(Maximum of 3 with 5 RPs, 4 with 10 RPs) with an unknown random other-parent - So you could get a randomly hot-pink cub with neon blue spots!
Where have you worked previously/where do you work currently? All previous work:
Realm of B'alam - Part-time colorist
Rammalin - Full-time colorist
Before Dream Castle - Own shop, ran until a prior computer crashed and I lost important files
Beta Aquarium - Guest colorist
Great Valley - Guest colorist
Ginga Legacy - Guest colorist
Medieval Little Ponies - Full-time colorist  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:55 pm
Username: Seaki
Tifu x Kwekwe + Color Season
Sarhna x Anu-sok + Color Window
Ataullah x - Andhiya`o + Color Valentine
Finished cubs:

Tifu x Kwekwe + Color Season
User Image User Image User Image

Sarhna x Anu-sok + Color Window

Ataullah x - Andhiya`o + Color Valentine

Questions for you:
How many cubs may be customed into a litter (normal and hybrid)? 2 normal, 1 hybrid
If an adolescent male lion bred to an adult female lioness, what is the maximum number of cubs they could have (not taking into account added customs)? 3 Cubs (halved)
What is a 'rogue' breeding? Father is made up by the colorist
Where have you worked previously/where do you work currently? Spirit Bound, way back. And here, as a certist.  

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 pm
Username: Fairy Snails
Pairings+Palettes Chosen: Sahib-e-Adalat x Anu-sok x Color Season; Sarhna x Kwekwe x Coffee Hues; Tifu x Andhiya'o x Color Shore
Finished cubs:
User Image User Image

Questions for you:
How many cubs may be customed into a litter (normal and hybrid)? In a normal litter you can custom-in 2 cubs. In a hybrid litter only one cub can be customed. There is also a 3 month cool down period after getting a hybrid custom-in.
If an adolescent male lion bred to an adult female lioness, what is the maximum number of cubs they could have (not taking into account added customs)? 3 cubs is the max unless each parent has 10 rps. In that case it would be 4.
What is a 'rogue' breeding? A 'rogue' breeding is where just a female is posted in the breeding thread. The father of the breeding is random so the color can pick random colors and markings for the cubs.
Where have you worked previously/where do you work currently? I currently do not work at any b/c shops. I worked at Treefox Gardens and Spark a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:08 pm
Username: I Lady Kiya I

Kwekwe x Anu-sok x Color Window

Ataullah x Andhiya`o x Color Horizon

Tifu x Sagonige x Market Hues

Finished cubs:

Kwekwe x Anu-sok x Color Window

Ataullah x Andhiya`o x Color Horizon
User Image User Image

Tifu x Sagonige x Market Hues
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Questions for you:
How many cubs may be customed into a litter (normal and hybrid)? Normal breedings are allowed 2 custom-ins at most once a month, Hybrids are allowed 1 custom-in at most once every three months.
If an adolescent male lion bred to an adult female lioness, what is the maximum number of cubs they could have (not taking into account added customs)? 3 is the max number of cubs. + 1 extra if both parents have 10 RPs
What is a 'rogue' breeding? Rogue breeding is when a female breeds with a non-existant male that a colorist is able to chose the markings and colors that the "male" has.
Where have you worked previously/where do you work currently? Currently, Jokoa. Previously, B'alam before it was re-made.  

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

[OOC] Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas