Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 am
Help people.

Lenila grunted, but said nothing immediately. It was, she supposed, a noble aim—if, in her opinion, misguided. Certainly people needed help. Orphans. The poor. The stranded. Some more helpless than others, of course. But the city as a whole—it had as much corruption as it did goodness and the great majority of the time, the 'help' felt like an excuse to exercise power over those who lacked it.

And yet.

“Aye, well…maybe you're in it for the right. Don't figure most are, though. Where's best we get you that you think you can stay safe for a bit an' not have folk spittin' foul spirits in your drink, oi?”  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:16 pm
“Mmm…” Jalase gave Len a small, sad smile. “That is true. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. Power goes to some people’s heads. It gnaws at them until it finally breaks through and they go crazy with it.” He rolled his shoulders as he sighed and glanced away. “I can only do my part and I can only do it in the best way I know how. And I hope that it’s enough to affect at least one person in a positive way.” Jal frowned at Len’s last comment and shrugged. “My shift was over. After the drink I was going to head back to the barracks and pass out.” He rubbed the back of his neck, shooting a look to Len and raising an eyebrow. “I’m sure I could make it back there on my own if you have some place better to be.”  

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 am
Len eyed her company.

She knew people talked in circles often, always seeing themselves above the issues that they complained of in others, some condemning ‘corruption’ but seeing no fault in taking a little more for themselves here or there—slighting someone less fortunate because they needed it, and it was always easier to understand the justifications for making one’s own life better. And so equally easy to find fault in others.

Yet, despite this and despite her resulting leeriness in believing anyone who spoke along those lines—she trusted his intentions. Perhaps not fully, as she did not know him fully, but certainly more so than most. She grunted and gave a twitched shrug of her shoulders.

“I ain’t got no place special to be yet,” she said. “I’d rather tuck into sleep knowin’ you ain’t dead yet I figure. Maybe the streets’ll be ‘better’ for it if y’ are alive an’ doin’ your ‘helpin’ in the days comin’ forward.”  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:16 pm
Jalase let himself relax a little more, a soft chuckle escaping his lips as he looked away from Len. “Care about me, do ya?” Truth be told, he liked the thought of having some company on his way back to the barracks. He’d be lying to himself if he didn’t admit that the attack had him a bit shaken up and on the paranoid side. A little bit of company would definitely be welcome. “If you’re sure it’s not out of your way, I’d be more than happy for the company.” He thought for a moment before glancing back and tilting his head. “I’ll buy you a drink sometime to make up for having to go out of your way.”

’And for saving my life,’ he thought to himself, not bothering to add that little bit of detail

The Only Black Uke

Tangled Puppet

Sarcastic Demigod

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 am
At the first question, Len gave a noncommittal grunt, but didn’t argue, and as he conceded, she nodded with an affirming hum. “It ain’t so far.” At the latter offer, she flashed a spot of teeth. “I’ll take it, but I’d sooner you put coin down on food were it my call,” she said.

And with that, she followed with him as promised, carrying forward light conversation whenever it came up, but mostly musing at the oddity they made together. Overhead, the moon shone a brilliant pearlescent white, but aside from it and the stars, only the gods would witness the thief walking the guardsman home.  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff