Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:21 pm
User Image

Aslaug felt like she would fly apart at the seams in joy and excitement. Finally, finally the enclave of priestesses had begun to inspect the young hopefuls wanting to apprentice, looking for talent, for powers, and the will to learn. Several had been given the chance to come along and learn, herself among them, and she'd felt infinitely blessed in that moment, her prayers rewarded. The chosen few had been further divided, two or three to a priestess, to more intimately learn from them, and the russet lioness had to take several calming moments to still herself. It wouldn't do to squirm her way to dismissal just because she was so eager. She'd always been a composed, quiet thing, but now it was a struggle not to shout out her feelings.

Excited Apathy

Andranis

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:59 am
User Image
Triste'coeur was...satisfied. It had taken persistence to secure this apprenticeship, but the young seer was nothing if not extraordinarily stubborn. And she knew she had the potential--maybe too much, with the way her visions liked to butt into whatever task she might be caught up in. When one wanted to have its way with her, it didn't seem to much matter whether she was awake, asleep, or trying to get from point A to point B. Just bam, sights and sounds and smells that she may or may not recognize at any given occurrence. So this seemed like an obvious fit, a way to make them really work for her instead of eating up her time.

She barely flicked an ear at the movements of the lioness beside her, turning her head slightly to glance sidelong. Older than her, but not by much. Triste wondered if she would be friend, competition, or both. She herself was not particularly competitive, but that didn't mean she'd give up easily. Not all could be priestesses, and she meant to be one.

Comfortably quiet, she waited.

Andranis

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:13 pm
User Image

It was something she expected eventually. Susu was only disappointed that her own daughters weren't seeking to become priestesses. She'd had such high hopes for the twins, too, both born seers with strong powers of Sight. One saw the future, the other the past. One had even taken after her temperament! THAT had pleased her even more! Unfortunatley, the other had not.

Still, she had apprentices to talk to and teach. Two, in fact, and as far as she was aware, they were also gifted with Sight. It was a fact that pleased her, as she looked at them. One was the color of wet earth, with hair like dried grass. It was an aesthetically pleasing combination, when she thought about it. The other made her think of ash, three tones of it - Soaked ash, caked ash, and very dry new ash.

"Look at you two," she purred, "So eager to learn. I like that." She shifted, her skin cloak moving with her. It hid the wings marking her back, something she was told by her aunt was the sign of divine blood. Perhaps that was where her powers had come from. Who knew, she didn't care. "But, are you eager to serve the will of the gods? Are you willing to sacrifice a rabbit, feel its life slip away between your claws?" For effect, she reached up and stroked the head of a long-dead rabbit she had draped around her neck. If it had a stink to it, she had ceased to notice. "Will you be skilled enough to make tokens of luck for Reavers leaving the lands?" How many had she covered Yu and Munyu with? Importantly, how many would they make?

ShinosBees

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:57 pm
Alsaug snapped to keen alertness the moment the priestess (Susu, her mind supplied) started in. Her turn of phrase, her way or wording things seemed meant to bewitch and ensnare and to feed the listener's belief that this lion was something other, something between mortal and god. It was not a particular talent that Asla herself had ever had to any degree. She did her best to listen close, to try to see how she strung her words together. It would take...a great deal of practice, if she were ever to be able to word-weave like that. One more thing for the list.

"I want nothing more," She replied plainly at the question of their, her, willingness to serve the gods. "As a priestess, if I'm suitable, or in whatever other fashion they'd have me." She glanced at the head of the rabbit, smiling demurely. "I believe all things serve the gods in some way. If it is my place to take a life for them, it is the rabbit's to give their life, isn't it?" If nothing else she came across secure in her convictions. She genuinely believed what she said. She quieted after a moment, respectful of the fact that her sister acolyte would probably want to answer as well.

Excited Apathy

Andranis

ShinosBee

Nerd

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:47 pm
Triste showed no sign of wavering, though silver eyes narrowed slightly in thought. This was expected. At every turn, there would be tests of her dedication to this path. She had to admit that the wing-marked lioness had a flair for the dramatic. Was that also part of being a priestess? The adolescent resolved to learn that, too, among the other things. Even a portion of it would serve her well with warriors that were oft wary of the supernatural.

"I am willing to serve," she replied, her words carefully measured. "And I will not grow faint at the sight of blood." She enjoyed the hunt, sometimes venturing out herself rather than rely solely upon others. She had felt life fade between her jaws.

Andranis

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff