Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:06 pm
User Image

Farce sent the back of his paw dismissively against the pool of water he had been staring into for some time, disrupting his reflection and stirring up a bit of dark sand in the process. The time was soon drawing near that he would have to arrange for an official declaration of his trade. The majority of his family, if not all of them, had chosen to surrender their clarity and live the blissful, care-free life of a dreamer. To him, it seemed terribly neglectful to live in such a state. The dreamers contributed little more than amusement to the pride- at least in his mind. Laughing and games was all well and good but as his body was beginning to tell him- there was a time to grow up. His mane was growing thicker, more full, and longer fur was beginning to spill out over his neck and down his chest. His body was in an odd stage between gangly and lean and filled out.

Thus far, he was without direction. His father had been here and there- but never had he been a guiding force in his life. His mother, a dreamer, was clearly not going to help him sort out the next big step in his life. There were so many options but sadly, he felt as if he would fall short regardless of what he chose.

Thief? No...he was a coward, and his stomach turned when he thought about leaving the pride.

Mummer? No...he wasn't much of a performer. He could dance...somewhat, but he didn't delight in attention.

Merchant? He couldn't haggle to save his life. In fact he was quite sure that he had been swindled several times- if not every time he went to market.

Then what? Patron? He couldn't hold his own in a fair fight. He locked up and the thought of digging his claws into another lion made him feel faint.

But...he had to choose something. He couldn't be left to chew on driftwood and running after gulls his whole life.

AstoriaFallen
Kind of random XD I thought we could do some general rp. o: Let me know if you'd like otherwise?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:40 pm
User Image
Thoughts mulled through her mind as the oddly colored lioness made her way towards some of the water pools. When she was younger she had been quite disturbed by the fact she looked different from her entire family. Like she didn't belong with them. However she had finally grown enough self confidence to allow herself some inner peace and it was all for the better. She didn't constantly worry about others pointing or staring, not that they did that anyway. A part of her mind always thought they would question her being her parents daughter. But it never arose, at least from what she knew and saw it never did. Occasionally she might get a little concerned but it wasn't anything like it was when she was a young cub, it also wasn't something that crossed her unless a youngster asked her about her particular coloring.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she barely even noticed she had finally arrived at the pools and that Farce was there as well. She remembered him hanging out with all of them when the pride had the Troupe join them for some stories and dancing. It really hadn't been too bad of a time.

She watched him from where she stood for a moment and then gave a small smile and approached. "Hey there Farce." She said warmly wondering if he remembered her.

Thalion
This is just fine. smile Also, not sure if i'll be able to respond again tonight. I suddenly feel like I might have to throw up. :c

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:55 pm
Farce, true to his nature, jerked and tossed his head up. The fur along the back of his neck and shoulders rose up as his tail curled slowly towards his belly. And there was another reason he couldn't make it as one of the more bold ranks- he was just started. Had the gypsy lady been an enemy, invader, or something worse- if there was such a thing -he would have been under her claws by now. As it was, he was caught with his eyes wide, mouth agape, and speechless for far too long. Clamping his mouth shut, he gave the noble a short dip of his head.

"Sugar Rush." He offered a shy smile and slowly dropped his backside to the sand. His heart was still racing, pounding hard against his chest. Forcing himself to draw in a slow, measured breath, he continued.

"Not a bad day at the tide pools... are you looking for something?"

AstoriaFallen
Hey no worries! ;A; I hope you feel better, hon! emotion_hug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:14 am
She watched him react in a very skidish manner and kept herself from smiling at his movements. She had remembered him being nervous at the gathering but wasn't aware he was this jumpy. He was still young though but he would have to figure things out soon.

"I didn't mean to startle you." She said softly.

She shook her head, it was indeed a nice day and she wondered what sort of gem she'd discover in their clear and shallow pools. "Not at all." Her words were light and full of laughter almost as she approached one of the nearby pools and gazed in. "I was just taking a stroll. What of you?" Her gaze lifted to meet his as she spoke to him.

Thalion

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:39 am
Was it that obvious? Of course it was. Farce forced a tight smile and bobbed one of his shoulders. "It's apparently not a difficult thing to do, M'lady..."

Where his jumpy nature had come from, he couldn't say. Most of his siblings were bubbly, carefree, and full of laughter. While he enjoyed laughing, small jokes, and entertainment- he was good at only one of them. Laughter. So that's what he ended up doing. A nervous chuckle bubbled out of him as his eyes darted down to his paws.

"Er... I couldn't tell you. I just needed to clear my head a little." He shrank down a little. "It's been a bit chaotic."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:11 pm
She gave a soft smile. "Don't be so hard on yourself." She said in a reassuring tone to the young lion. She gazed down into the waters and snaked a paw in to feel the temperature. It was pretty nice and she took a seat beside him and flicked her tail across the ground and curled it around her hind legs. "If you need a moment to clear your mind that is alright." She said warmly towards him as she took note of his posture. "You don't need to make yourself look so small. Come sit by me and just watch the pools and take in the sweet salty air for a moment."

Thalion
We will probably have to finish this up tonight and tomorrow. Sunday I leave for Cali for 2 weeks for work. <3

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:36 pm
Hard on himself...? He eyed her uncertainly. If only she knew! She was a gypsy lady. She had a role, a place, a set of duties and responsibilities. And- at least from what he'd seen -she was already falling into those duties with grace and confidence. The royals always seemed to have a firm paw on things, never startled or surprised. It seemed the world was completely under their control. If ever there was a surprise- it was likely them on the giving end rather than the receiving end. How he envied them.

If he could only crack a good joke now and then, he might make a decent mummer. Laughter was a delight to him. He loved to hear it. Perhaps it was in his blood, but a good roar of laughter was to him like a musical chorus. It was unbridled, pure emotion forced up from an intimate part of the soul that every living thing shared. In a way, it was a force that bound even the strangest among them.

He offered a lopsided smile and slowly padded up closer. "I guess it's a force of habit." He offered by way of explanation.

"S-say... uh... are there any trades that are...lacking around here? An extra paw?" He bobbed his shoulder. "I've not declared myself just yet."

AstoriaFallen
No worries! 83 I hope it's fun there! Little dry I hear XD

Sorry for the delay! I was at work. >< Thank goodness for the weekend tho.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:10 pm
She knew the silence was just him gathering his thoughts and she wasn't going to rush him. Her ears perked at his words and she gave a thought as to what the pride was possibly lacking in. Though, it was a great deal more than just what was open in the pride, it was what was open and would fit his personality. He wasn't like the rest of his siblings, that much was clear. Though it wasn't a bad thing, at least she didn't think it was.

"Hmmm." She gave a thought to his question a moment. "Have you thought about being a fortune teller?" She really wasn't sure what else would suite him too well. She wasn't sure they had an entertainer position in the pride but she felt like that would be a good rank for him if anything. "What do you want to do?"

Thalion
No worries. ^^

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:34 pm
A fortune-teller!? Did she know? Of course...it likely wasn't much of a secret, his lineage. Of course, he hadn't had any visions- not that he remembered. Perhaps they came in his sleep and left him as dreams often did- perhaps his lineage had leaned more heavily on his more carefree family members. It was hard to say...the dreamers were mad, it would be difficult to seperate their nonsense from any concrete visions.

Then there was the only Fortune-Teller he'd had personal dealings with- Wizard. The lion was a giant, though he didn't seem to have much actual muscle on him. His dark eyes and strange, mysterious nature had left Farce very unsettled. The lion could sometimes be seen before storms, staring at the clouds with a knowing, baleful look in his eye. He shivered.

"I don't know...they seem to be more...mystical." He chuckled. "I'm more the...er... not- mystical sort."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:20 pm
She giggled softly at his words and twisted her mouth slightly as she thought for a moment. "Well, when you put it like that I do suppose that wouldn't be a fitting job for you then would it. "You could always be a crafter. There are quite a few that work with paint or create things. Does that sound like something you could do?" She offered him as she thought of anything else that might suite the young male.

She honestly wasn't the best at this and she really didn't have a job herself so she really couldn't say anything about him settling on a position within the pride. "I don't have a job myself in the pride right now either, besides helping out when I can." She said thinking about how her siblings help contribute to the pride by being Patrons. Though Hana and Asker were really good at it and she wasn't really one to do that sort of thing. "I'm sure when the time is right, you will know what you are meant to do."

Thalion

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:27 am
A crafter? He'd not attempted anything ...particularly creative before. The shining trinkets that he had seen decorating the mummers and littering the merchant's stashes had always fascinated him. The materials themselves were fairly common but the process was as much a mystery as were the abilities of the Fortune-tellers. It was quite possible that they were something that he hadn't yet discovered. After all, once he had seen roaring as some kind of black art that adults must have learned from the thunder itself. He had mewed and yelped himself raw. He hadn't even been trying when his first roar had come, it had just...happened.

"That ...does give me something to consider." He relented, a small smile creeping over his maw.

"I- I need to try. S-sorry, Sugar Rush but... I can show you what I whip up later? As a critique? I want to at least... at least get a start- before tonight. There's a girl that-", well... if he could craft, it would be for her. "Later?"

AstoriaFallen
I think we can wrap it up with your next post if you'd like! :3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:09 pm
She was pleased to know that her suggestions were helping a little bit. Her ears perked and smile spread across her face as he said there was a girl. Sometimes those were the best inspirations to have. Love for someone. "I would love to critique anything you come up with and I'm sure she's going to be a lucky lady to recieve it when you finish it." She stood up and shook herself gently and gave him another smile. "Have faith." She said giving him a small wink as she decided on the path she would travel next.

She wondered if perhaps he was meeting the young lady tonight? By his words he likely was. "I shall be around the area so that you can find me easily. I'll talk to you later." She said with a smile as she walked away wondering what he would eventually decide upon. Her siblings and herself had it easy, they were born knowing what they would do pretty much. Though that didn't stop them from pursuing other paths in life.

Thalion
Okie smile

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items