Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:07 am
User Image

It was a beautiful sunny day that day. Imarogbe was steadily keeping himself busy sniffing out a patch of flowers that he'd come across earlier.

He'd been on guard duty since the early hours of the morning and now he was getting ready to head back to his den in search of his mates. First however, he wanted to find those flowers. They were a bright color somewhere between pink and violet, but that's not want he wanted them for, he wanted them for the amazing smell that they gave off.

Earlier that day, he'd been distracted by the pleasant order to the point of wandering off his track to see with his eyes what his nose was telling him. When he'd discovered the patch, he marked the location in his head to come back to later when he was heading home. Ima knew exactly who might appreciate the odor of these plants.

Once he found the patch again, he delicately grabbed hold of a few of the flowers so as not to tear them apart and made his way to the den that he shared with Kirimi and Adina.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Adina, resting by herself within the den she shared with Imarogbe and Kirimi, yawned with the full force of her body. She didn't have any duties to fulfill that day - peacekeeping as a Constable - so she had been quite lazy. Slowly, she stretched her long, lithe body - plumper from her years within the Likno than it had been when she had been a rogue - and rose delicately to her paws. It was the middle of the day, she estimated - time to find something to do with her life.

Gingerly, she peeked her head out into the world and immediately felt the warmth of sunshine on her face. She smiled - weather all had its distinctive feels, but sunshine was by far the best she had discovered yet. It was warm and welcoming, two qualities that she'd learned to treasure in her years alive.

As she stepped out of the den and into the world around her, she realized she hadn't the faintest idea of what to do with her time. She paused just outside the den, plopping onto her behind in a sitting position. Adina would need to take some time to figure out just what it is she wanted to do. Faintly, she wondered when Imarogbe would be done with his guard duty for the day - he'd left earlier this morning and she thought he was expected to be back soon. She smiled once more at the thought - she was quite fond of her mate. Idly, she thought about wishing for a family with him - a family beyond him and Kirimi - but she banished it quite quickly. It had been many, many moons since he'd found her wandering in the Likno lands, and their harem had yet to produce any cubs. Perhaps it simply wasn't the gods' will.

Wiping the thoughts from her mind, she stood up once more, still not knowing how to spend her sumptuous amounts of free time.

Big Hobbit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 pm
Trotting with joviality, Ima was pleased when he began to make out Adina's form as he neared their collective place of residence. He hoped that she liked his gift and didn't think that he was being too corny. He politely nodded to those that he passed, mindful of the contents of his jaws.

Ima approached his mate conscientiously. He knew that she was more than capable of getting around and taking care of herself, but he still made sure not to sneak up on her or make sudden loud noises around her. He did whatever she allowed him to do to take care of her and generally try to make life a little bit easier for her.

"Hey," he greeted her as he set the fragrant flowers that he found before her, "I found these while I was out patroling. I thought they smelled nice."

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:34 pm
Soon enough, Adina didn't have to choose what to do - it simply happened upon her. Her ears twitched and swiveled toward the sound of heavy paw steps, evidently headed in her direction. She had the inkling that it was her mate, but it wasn't until he neared her and spoke that she confirmed it.

A brilliant smelled filled her nostrils and she leaned toward it, inhaling deeply. A smile plastered itself on her face, wide and genuine. "They smell lovely, Ima," she said, hoping her voice portrayed the appreciation she had for the thought to bring the flowers home to herself and Kirimi. "And I'm so glad you found me, I've been in the den all day and need anything to occupy the rest of my day. And you're usually my first choice," she commented with a smirk and a flick of her tail. "I hope guard duty went smoothly today."

Big Hobbit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:30 pm
"Heh," he grinned, pleased with her reaction, and nuzzled his large head against her's, "it was pretty quiet today, nothing interesting really. I know it's a good thing, but sometimes I wish there was a little more excitement along the borders."

"Well, I'm glad you're not sitting around waiting for some other guy to come by and entertain you," he said with a laugh, "you're clearly doing an amazing job of keeping peace within the lands."

"Speaking of our lands, I wonder how things will go with our new Monarch," Ima said thoughtfully, "I heard there are going to be some minor changes here and there."

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:10 am
Adina purred, enjoying the feeling of his contact, leaning into the nuzzle. When she thought about her harrowing past as a miserable, nasty lioness, it was little moments like these that made her transformation all the more worth it. “Excitement would be nice, things have gotten a little boring around here, huh?” Even within her own role as Constable things had been quiet within the pride, which she didn’t altogether mind very much.

Who says I’m not waiting around for another suitor to show up?” she smiled and bumped her hip against his playfully. “You know you’re the only one for me… for now, at least,” she added with a tinkling laugh.

A brow quirked at the mention of the new Monarch, Metis. Adina had heard tales of her beauty and kindness from others within the pride – unsurprising, as she had grown up within the Likno lands. “It’ll be an interesting transition, but I’m sure Metis won’t shake things up too much. I’ve heard she’s very kind, so I’m sure her rule will be a great one.” Adina liked to keep a positive attitude, and she truly had heard nothing bad about their new ruler – which was always a relief.

Big Hobbit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:13 am
"Very funny Adina. Besides, what would Kirimi and I do if you decided to shack up with some other guy? We'd be forced to follow you around until you ditched him and took us back," he replied dramatically, enjoying their banter.

"She seems like a level-headed lioness. I'm interested to see how things go with her as our leader. I always get a little nervous at the notion of change, but I guess I did just say I could use something a little different didn't I? I suppose beggars can't be choosers."

Given the history of the gradual political collapse of his birth home, he'd become wary of any perceived change their governing structure. However, seeing the positivity that his mate maintained encouraged him toward optimism.

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:54 pm
"Oh, you big oaf, don't worry," she said, in mock exasperation, "You two will always have me. I'm not going anywhere any time soon." Adina's tail flicked almost involuntarily, lightly hitting Ima's side.

Adina nodded at his words. She knew that he'd had a bad experience in the past with a pride dissolving after some widespread changes, so she was sure not to take his words too likely. Still, she had hope. "I'm not too concerned, but am I ever?" She shrugged. "Although I'm sure Metis will do a wonderful job. I wouldn't worry yourself too much about it," she leaned into him a bit, hoping the physical contact would help relieve some of the small bit of tension the subject matter caused.

"Anyway, have you seen Kirimi? She hasn't been in the den all day," the lioness inquired, curious as to what their other mate was up to.

Big Hobbit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 am
A warm, lop-sided smile spread across Ima's face. Adina's optimism and calm attitude soothed away any anxiety that might have begun to brew inside of him. He truly was grateful for her presence in his life.

"No, I suppose you're not," he said in a more sobered tone, "yeah, you're right, I'm sure things will be fine."

"Hmm, I haven't seen her since I left this morning," he replied, speculating on the whereabouts of their third mate, "let's go sniff her out and see what she's up to."

Ima was quickly back to feeling playful and mischievous. He didn't know what he would do without Adina and Kirimi. They kept him grounded and sane in a chaotic world.

Ruler of Everything
End next post?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 am
When Imarogbe finally decided to succumb and agree with her positive attitude, Adina smiled a bit. It was nice to know that she could have a good effect on him, which she supposed was a product of all their time together.

At his suggestion that they sniff out their other mate, Adina nodded quickly. "I wonder what she's been up to - I'd love to find her," she said. "I'll let you lead the way," she added with a small laugh. She had been blind for so long that she started joking jovially about it, which was a great place to be. All the old bitterness gone, she was now able to be a happy, carefree lioness like everyone else. It felt nice. And it would only feel even nicer when the three of them were reunited for the day.

Big Hobbit
Fin~

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

[IC] Likno tis Zois Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out