Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:27 am
”Hold on just a moment.” It didn’t matter if what he said was true, Ciara didn’t want to get left behind. Splitting up further would be worse in this situation. However her words went unheaded as Topher took off and made it so she couldn’t follow. ”God damn he is just like his father.” Jack cause her never ending frustrations and Topher was just as bad, if not worse. Paranoid, she checked around her before finding a good hiding spot. So much for the plan.

-----

Chris was still. She had noticed Topher enter the room the second he opened the door. Her cheeks were tearstained and as she slowly looked up and met eyes with Topher, more tears flooded over. Given the situation it might not have been that unusual. Still it was a rare sight to see Chris cry at all, let alone a full break down. ”Topher!” She hugged him back, glad he was safe. She nodded and followed him back out to where Ciara was located.

Ciara peaked out from her hiding spot and waved Topher and Chris over. She took note of Chris’s disheveled appearance and gritted her teeth. ”What the hell happened?” The two of them together should have been okay. Ciara took a deep breath to calm herself. This is why she didn’t put faith in Clairvoyants. Even if the girl could see every possible moment in history, there would be no way to prepare for it all. She pulled the girl into a hug. ”I’m just glad you are safe.” Now they were at least three strong. Her gaze turned to Topher as she handed Chris the extra pistol. ”Since all semblance of planning has gone out the window, I guess Winging it is our only option. What the hell do we do now?”

Like before, Chris took the pistol and checked it over. No jams, fully loaded. It would have to do. While Topher and Ciara’s attentions were diverted from her, she shot at them. Once at Topher, dead center of his back and twice at Ciara, in a similar position.

----------

The whole time Chris was screaming. She had tried multiple times to warn him that it wasn’t safe, that she wasn’t safe. But any sense of control she had went out the window the moment Topher showed up. She couldn’t tell them what she knew and they wouldn’t press her for answers. The shots ringing in her ears sounded distant but the shock was less that she had shot him and more the feeling she had now. An intent to kill, she hadn’t felt before. An almost gleeful joy from it. Obviously this feeling was Maxwell’s but she couldn’t shake it. She felt helpless and alone, trapped inside her own mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 pm
Topher glanced over to Ciara as she spoke when they returned. He knew she’d be upset for his plan to just leave without planning but there was nothing else really to do. As he was just about to say something else he heard and felt the shot aimed at him though it didn’t feel as though it went through. He couldn’t figure out why but apparently his subcounscious put up a shield all around him for some reason. At the same time he could feel a kinetic blast going out the moment he was knocked down from being shot at near point blank. He wasn’t sure if it was quick enough to deflect the bullet fully. Apparenlty it wasn’t because he could smell blood as his face smacked the ground and it wasn’t his. ”Ugh… what the f*ck Chris?"

Maxwell was watching the whole thing through Chris eyes and gritted his teeth. ”Yes darling, what the actual f*ck? ” Shoot him again.. How could she be so useless and miss at even that range. This boy was beginning to annoy the ******** out of him. ”Scratch phase… watever, just go, kill them.” ”We need the boy.” ”DID I F*CKING STUTTER? I’M TALKING TO MYSLEF FOR F*CKS SAKES JUST… GO! GOD DAMN IT!”

Topher turned over and instantly knew something was wrong, he could see the strain in Chris as she aimed the gun at him, again. ”CHRIS WHAT THE F*CK?! ” The shot went off. Bang, bang. His shield deflected both barely before he threw a kinetic blast at the gun itself not at Chris. He was hoping it would have enough energy to knock it out. In the confusion he jumped up and tackled her to the ground. ”Stop it.” A punch came at him and he knew something was wrong, Chris would never. ”God damn you Maxwell.” At that a small smirk played across her face, it wasn’t hers, it was all wrong. ”Hello Topher… Maxwell spoke to him, through Chris, in her voice, ******** that. ”Get the F*CK out of my sisters head now, or you’ll be wishing you were dead by the time I’m done with you.” ”Come inside, I find it nice and cozy.” Again the smirk, Topher had to hold himself back from decking Chris in the face. IT ISN’T HER.

”I’m sorry Chris but I have to, this might hurt your pyschy a bit to…” Before he could finish someone threw him off her and held a gun at his face. ”HELLO!” Another Maxwell was staring at him with a grin. Within a second Topher had that Maxwell’s gun in his own hand and shot said Maxwell point blank in the head. ”STOP!” The mental command went to all of them, even Chris who was moving at him at this moment. His gaze turned cold and deadly as he looked at Chris, knowing the main Maxwell would be watching through her. ”Come and get me yourself you weak a** p***y.” He used a single shot and killed the rest of the seven Maxwell’s shooting them in head the backlash of the connection loss almost made him stagger again. At this point he was already somewhat connected to Chris and entered her mind fully. Get the f*ck out.

Maxwell blinked as his connection was lost to some that he had minor control over. Sure they were essentially copies of himself from other timelines but they also wanted to be the leader and there could only be ONE. At this point Jack had started laughing, noting the confusion on Maxwell’s face, though through the gag it was more snorts than laughs. Maxwell lifted Jack up and held a gun up to Jack’s face point blank. ”WHAT THE F*CK IS HE?!” ”Your death.” Maxwell was able to gather that much through Jack’s gag and threw the man down shooting the gun at him though aiming a inch away from his face. ”F*CK F*CK F*CK!” The gun clip finally emptied and Maxwell tossed the gun at Jack’s head and screamed loudly. At this point Jack was unconscious again. ”Good. Annoying p***k. Now for the boy.” He turned his full mental attention back to Topher, the others would deal with him physically, hopefully the distraction would force him out of his sister though Maxwell had doubts, which was odd, usually he never did. ”Boy, you are getting on my f*cking nerves and need to die.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm
Shots rang out and Ciara didn’t even have time to react. These children were literally going to be the death of her. She was almost surprised she wasn’t dead but she saw Topher fall next to her. ”Topher!” She whipped around, gun raised. She did not expect to see that Chris was their attacker. The shock gave Chris the extra time to set off more shots towards Topher. Ciara pushed all reservations out of her mind and just as she squeezed the trigger to shoot back, Topher’s ricocheted bullet hit her in the arm, knocking off her aim and she missed Chris completely. She dropped her gun in the process and cursed. She bent down to pick it up, her aim would be much worse using her off hand and Topher was in her way so she didn’t even try to shoot. She almost couldn’t believe Maxwell got his claws into Chris but from her own admission earlier, it started to make sense.

”Just knock her out! It’ll break the control.” Of course Maxwell had to interfere but before she could aim her gun at him, Topher had already disposed of him. She shuddered at the power Topher displayed when he shouted. She couldn’t move. This boy was definitely the most powerful Telepath she’d ever encountered and she wouldn’t be surprised if he was the most powerful ever. She winced as he killed the remaining Maxwells and it wasn’t until after he went into Chris’s mind that she could move again. There was nothing more she could do here so she took off towards the compound. Topher could take care of himself, but Jack had to be somewhere and she was going to find him.

----------------------------

Chris was relieved Topher was able to shield himself but the bullet ricocheted back at her. She flinched as it grazed her cheek, she could only slightly feel the sting. ”Not the faaaaceee.” Topher tackled her and she could easily tell just by looking that he was holding back. She wouldn’t hold it against him if he hit her. ”Listen to Ciara! Do it! Just not in the face!” Unfortunately, Topher couldn’t hear her and wasn’t listening to Ciara. The two of them only fought verbally, almost never hitting each other except for the occasional playful smack. However that was the last of the physical world Chris would be aware of as she suddenly found herself somewhere new.

If she had to describe her experience so far, it had been trapped. Like she was in a glass box and unable to control her own actions. Now she found herself in what would be akin to an arena of some type, spectator stands and all. She turned slowly, trying to figure out what the hell was going on when she felt arms around her and the cool feel of a knife at her throat. She froze, still unsure where she even was.

”Tsk Tsk. Let your guard down again. This is just too easy.” Chris started to squirm, assessing how much wiggle room she had. She knew she could get out of his grip, having spent a lot of time learning many different ways of escape from this very position. Maxwell held her tighter and she could feel the knife threatening to break skin. ”Stay still already, your brother will be here soon.” Chris stopped at that, what in the world did he mean?

Exactly a moment later Topher appeared. ”Topher!” She exclaimed excitedly. This was true Chris, no tears, holding back all her frustration. It was like she hadn’t seen him in ages. She was just glad he was okay. Maxwell laughed in her ear at Topher's comment. ”You are going to have to make me leave. Don’t get too close though, one wrong move and I slit her throat and just like that, we all die.” Chris smirked. ”Don’t be so sure…”

Now that Topher was here… She took this moment to make her escape. She stomped as hard as she could on his foot (Mental Chris still has shoes on) and when his grip on her loosened, she grabbed his arm and bit down. Hard. At the same time she threw her head back and smashed his face with the back of her head. Lastly, she plucked the knife from his hand and danced out of his grasp. ” F*CK YOU a*****e. That is what you get for influencing and controlling me this whole time.” Chris’s stance was offensive, ready for anything to happen. Even if this was just a trick and Topher wasn’t real, she wasn’t going down without a fight. Telekineticly, Chris redid her hair so it wouldn’t distract her in the coming fight.

--------------------

”We don’t even know for sure. All the reports are conflicting.” Lexa shook her head. ”That’s not the point. The point is, I don't know what you are going to find when you get there. Nana has a habit of keeping us out of the know.” She didn’t even bat an eyelash at the guns, they would be needed as far as she could tell. ”Pull over, this is going to take some explaining and you can’t be driving when you jump.”

Jenny did as she was asked but Barbara was still very much confused by everything going on in the car. First of, what the ******** did they mean by Time Travel. Secondly, When did Jack learn how to use a gun. Thirdly, Why were they all so calm about all of this. Up till now, her position as Jenny’s aide had kept her mostly out of the family business. Her knowledge of their shenanigans was limited. There was a lot going on and it was happening so fast, she didn’t even know what to do.

Jenny motioned for Jack to get her pistol from her glovebox, the one place she always kept it, while Lexa explained the process. ”What exactly do you need me to do?” Lexa cleared her throat, reciting what Nana told her to say. ”Focus inward on yourself. It sounds weird and a** backwards, trust me I know. Clear your mind and just focus. Every choice that you have ever made has led you to this point right now. They are like threads that stretch out from this moment in time. Feel them out. There should be a tug, mom and Uncle don’t belong there so that thread will stand out. Just tug on it and you should travel there.”

Jenny closed her eyes, finding it easier to concentrate that way. Deep breaths to calm and clear her mind (she too has some meditation tricks up her sleeve). It was strange, but she started to feel exactly what Lexa was talking about. Instinctively she reached over for Jack’s hand. It didn’t take too long and she found it, the one thread that tugged. And so she did what she was told and tugged back. Suddenly, POP, Jenny and Jack were gone.

Barbara was exceedingly lost at this point but to just watch Jack and Jenny vanish out of thin air took the ******** cake. She stared in shock at the space Jenny was just occupying for the longest time. Lexa cleared her throat again. ”Right. I guess… You’ll just have to drive the car home. They aren’t coming back here.” She shrugged. ”I really should have listened to Nana’s warning the first time.” She muttered as she too poofed from existence, leaving Frederick and Barbara alone in the back seat.

(1285 words)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Topher turned his attention back to Chris and gritted his teeth. ”I’m sorry sis.” He did a brute force mental attack to get his way back into her head. The distraction of the other Maxwell’s had pulled him out since he was trying to be a bit more subtle about his entry so he wouldn’t harm her mental status. At this point he didn’t care, he wanted Maxwell out and dead, Chris would have to deal with it later. He more so felt Ciara leave the area then saw her, he could tell what he just did scared the living ******** out of her.
--
Coming into Chris’ mind Topher heard shouting. ”AUGH DID YOU JUST F*CKING BITE ME?!” He turned towards the nose but couldn’t see s**t right now. Maxwell had turned Chris’ mind into a literal maze from the entrance. ”God damn it, help me out Chris.” He felt the subtle nod from her subconscious and knew exactly what to do. He just waited for a bit. ”You little.. GET BACK HERE!” He could sense a fight starting and sent a telekinetic blast through the maze with one punch. One bang after another everything in his way came crashing down until he saw the two in the distance. ”Touch her again and you’ll only wish you were dead.” Topher felt more power coming to him, he wasn’t sure from where exactly but he’d take it.

Maxwell turned and took a step back, was it his imagination or were the boy’s eyes glowing at the moment. No, just the light playing on them, wait, what ******** light, they were in the girl’s mind for gods sake. ”Good, both of you here. Now I can use her to kill you.” ”Not likely.” Within a blink Topher was next to Maxwell and punched him with a kinetic blast throwing him quite a distance. ”You see, we’re f*cking twins you god damn a*****e. In her mind I’m friendly, you’re the invader, I have more power here than you’ll ever have.”

Maxwell blinked as he got up and wiped the blood off his mouth. ”Boy..” In the physical world he sent the rest to deal with the boy outside. Though here he was wondering exactly how the boy had moved so fast. Topher remembered something, back when they were younger he and Chris had shared dreams on occasion but some were his, some were hers, in hers she’d let him do odd things, though in the dreams they were able to do some super hero stuff like he just did. Moving in a blink in the mind isn’t hard to do if you’ve done it before, apparently Maxwell never came up with the concept.

--

Topher blinked as more physical versions of Maxwells started to attack him aggressively. He didn’t even bother to move just sent a mental command, though most of his mental strength was being pulled into the fight with the main Maxwell in Chris’ head. He felt stronger even here. ”The hell?” He wasn’t sure where the power was coming from but he was grateful for it. He pulled rather than pushed and caved in half of the god damn compound crushing the Maxwell’s around them as he tackled Chris to the ground and put up a small kinetic shield around them. The place collapsed in even more than he planned and it had enough force to push down on his shield. He expanded it down and pushed making a hole in the ground big enough for the two of them as the rubble buried them.

Maxwell was in a none collapsed area but blinked as everything else started to collapse. ”Well now.” With the destruction of nearly all the Maxwell’s in the compound his mind had cleared up a bit and he was getting pissed. He walked casually to the area where Chris and Topher would be and sat down on the pile and pulled out a cigarette and lit it. ”Buried yourself alive, dumb a** boy.”

--
Inside Chris’ mind Maxwell stared at Topher. ”What now? You’re trapped physically, no one is going to rescue y…” Topher started to laugh which made Maxwell glare. ”You, are a clueless dumbf*ck if you think that. MOM is on her way, probably already here.” ”You cant know that.” ”You f*cked something up, so my clairvoyance here is higher than normal, actually I think I’m almost a rank A in everything at the moment, so go ahead and try to f*cking kill me.” Maxwell pulled out a gun and Topher just laughed at the thought of it. Within a blink he was next to Maxwell and had his hand at the mans throat lifting him up off the ground and grabbed the pistol. ”Now if you don’t mind, kindly get the f*ck out.” With that he shot Maxwell in the head point blank. Usually wounding someone wouldn’t force them out of a mindscape as Chris called this but shooting them in the head would Topher figured. At that Maxwell disappeared. [b surprised rffsgij:37]”Sorry sis.”[b/][b surprised rffsgij:37]”Sorry sis.”[b/] Topher left her head as well, he had to deal with the real Maxwell once and for all.

--
Once forced out Maxwell tossed the cigarette and cursed, started digging through the rubble but moved aside as the pile started to move from below. Topher made a bubble shield and expanded it out so the pieces on top would go out instead of trying to rebury them. Once he let the shield down he was tackled. His concentration at the moment was so gone that he didn’t care that Maxwell had managed to get on top of him. The man held a gun to his head and was grinning. ”Thank you for doing all the hard work of un-burying you and your sister. Now all I have to do is kill you and then take your sister.” Topher gritted his teeth, even though he had gotten extra strength from somewhere they had been going none stop for some time and he was about ready to pass out. He managed to pull the strength again and punched Maxwell away with a telekinetic blast and grabbed the gun as it dropped.

He got up slowly and moved up the pile of rubble and found Maxwell on the other side of it laughing. He literally fell down the other side but managed to stay standing and came to the man kicking him over so he could be face to face with this psycho. ”This isn’t the last of me.” ”I don’t care, we’ll kill every rendition of you here.” Maxwell kept laughing as Topher held the gun to the man’s forehead and gritted his teeth. This man was, well in a sense family and did all this to them, he wasn’t even sure how Chris was at the moment or how she’d deal with it afterwards, this man deserved a slow death. Topher tossed the gun away and pulled Maxwell to his feet. ”Stop laughing a*****e.” He punched Maxwell hard enough to knock him out and then dragged the man up to where he could see the other Jack.

At this point Topher checked the man, he was still breathing and alive. So that was good, Ciara, I found Jack. He figured she’d gone of looking for her Jack and wanted to stop her search so sent her a mental note. This seemed to be some base of operation for this Maxwell. Topher used telekinetic force to hold him up with one hand and pulled with the other pulled a large group of piping with it. He forced Maxwell awake and glared at him. ”I want you to see this coming.” He pulled again and all the pipes came flying quickly forcing themselves into Maxwell’s body holding him up above the ground four feet on a wall. As the blood started to flow and Maxwell took his last breath Topher collapsed. ”I’ll just take a nap now.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:26 pm
Jack (this being the alternate Jack) woke up to almost silence. That was almost scary to him, though he was unbound and ungagged apparently now so he stood up. He found a gouge in the wall and looked around, half the place was now demolished, even more so than it had been. ”The f*ck?” He started getting worried. ”CIARA!” He cupped his hands around his mouth and was about to shout for the kids when he heard a groan to his left and noticed the boy laying there. Then he got another site and nearly fell out of the hole that was now in the wall. The Maxwell that had orchestrated everything was impaled on the wall in a very visible and violent way that made a rather blunt statement. ”Turn the tv down Chris, I’m trying to sleep…” The boy groaned again and turned over, he seemed half delirious at this point which made Jack even more worried. What the ******** actually happened?

He walked over to Topher and nudged him a bit. The boy shook awake violently and was about ready to punch Jack but relaxed at the site of him. ”Sleep…” ”No…” Jack pulled the boy to up to stand and Topher cursed violently and glared at the man. ”You probably need medical attention of sorts.” Topher literally giggled a bit and stopped. ”I don’t think you can help…” ”We need to get out of here as well, there’s still other Maxwells around.” Once he said this, the boy stood by himself and Jack nearly took a step back. This wasn’t the same boy from before when they first met, this was someone different. ”Fine.”

Topher’s mental clarity cleared a bit at the mention of other Maxwell’s and he got an idea. The dead Maxwell in front of him may have enough brain connectivity for him to try something. He stood up on his own and walked over to the impaled man. ”I think he looks better this way.” Topher put his hand on Maxwell’s forehead making a forced connection and connected to all the other Maxwell’s this one had brought over. Take out your weapon and kill yourself. The command went through and around them as the connection dropped they started hearing gunfire in the distance. No Maxwell was even close to them. The battle between Topher and the main ones scaring the rest of. Topher began to shake a bit at the loss of the connections, threw up and then passed out again.

Jack watched as the boy walked over and placed his hand to Maxwell’s head and said something. Then almost at once the area was filled with gunfire, but very far off. He turned around to see if any was near by but none seemed close. He turned around in time to see Topher start to shake and throw up then rushed as he toppled over and managed to catch him before he hit the ground. ”Stupid boy, stop throwing power around like that, your body can’t take what its not used to.”  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:22 am
Chris grinned at Maxwell. Yes, yes she did just bite him. She never was a good hostage. He came at her again and Chris knew she wouldn’t be able to out run him. But she sure would out manouver him. ”Come at me a*****e.” Her goal was more of a distraction tactic than trying to fight, Topher was better suited for fighting and she just had to wait it out till he got there. She didn’t even realize she was feeding him her power, both here and physically. ”Get him Topher!”

She was completely unaware of the physical world right now, so she was shocked to hear Maxwell say they were trapped. She turned to Topher but he also shocked her by saying Mom was on her way. Just looking at him he looked more powerful than normal. There was also a hint of something darker and scarier beneath the surface as well. ”Topher wait!” but it was too late as both he and Maxwell disappeared and she was left alone again. And the world around her faded to black.

Time travel never got any easier, especially jumping across timelines. The usual flash and pop sound followed by that awful feeling like you had been punched in the gut. Maybe Lexa and Toby were used to it by now but Jenny knew she would never get used to this. She scanned the rubble around her, mind scrambling to make sense of the wreckage. Where here kids in this mess? She noticed Jack in the distance with Topher in his arms. (At this point she doesn’t realize she’s brought Jack with her and he’s standing literally right next to her.) ”Jack! Topher!” She rushed forward to them. She stopped just short though as her brain started to catch up. That wasn’t her Jack. It was obvious and she knew it but now that she was close enough to see it, it finally clicked. She looked around her again (catching sight of her own Jack this time but deciding not to say anything yet). ”What the f*ck happened here and where is Chris?”

Her eyes came to rest on the mess that was Maxwell and her hand lifted to her mouth. It wasn’t like he didn’t deserve it but just the shock of seeing a body like that. She only tore her attention away when she heard the crashing of rubble nearby and, expecting it to be Chris, she made her way towards it to help. A very familiar face peaked out from the rubble, muttering something. ”I swear I’m going to kill that boy.” Her eyes met Jenny’s and they both stopped. ”MOM!?!” ”Jenny…” It was awkward for a moment, both knowing there was no way this person was their version but it didn’t really matter. The two embraced, Jenny was close to tears. It was unbelievable. Twenty years and the loss was still fresh.

Ciara cleared her throat as they separated, noting the tears in Jenny’s eyes. ”I… I take it I’m not exactly… alive in your time then.” Awkward, now she felt bad for worrying. She brushed off some of the dust. ”You seem to have raised your children fairly well… Speaking of which… Where the f*ck is Topher. I’m going to kick his a**.” He just pulled the whole building down on top of her without even thinking. An idiot just like his father. She took the time to look around and notice not one, but TWO Jacks. She made a face of disgust. ”And now there are two of them.”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:59 pm
[[ooc for this alt Jack will be indigo]]
Jack wasn’t expecting to be pulled along, well ok he was, knowing Jenny this long anything involving the children he was likely to be pulled with her. When they popped into the alternated timeline he heard Jenny yell at him and Topher then noticed another Jack holding Topher up. It took him all he had to not rush up to Topher the second he saw him. The times with Frederick had at least taught him to get a bearing on the situation and gather information on the surroundings. And then another yell from Jenny made him turn and he noticed… Ciara? Well that’d make sense, this was an alternate timeline so she was most likely alive here. His head spun with sudden guilt and he just listened to the two talk and at the mention of two of them he just shrugged and waved then ran off to help the other HIM with Topher. The two stared at each other for a moment and then both took the weight of Topher. ”Ugh… I forgot how heavy he is.” Actually it had been some time since he’d actually lift Topher up. Probably since the boy was eleven or twelve, it almost made him tear up but he had to keep a clear head.

Topher groaned a bit as his weight shifted again. He could tell there were more people here now. Mom and dad? His thoughts were moving so fast one moment and so slow the next he couldn’t tell, or were they all his thoughts. Things were so jumbled in his mind that he caught glimpses of thoughts of everyone there. His head was pounding at having so much going through it, he wasn’t sure how vast his field was but he was sure it was beyond the compound. He caught one thought directed towards this timelines Jack and nearly gagged, that would be mom, Thank you for that image, I think I’m going to throw up again… He lifted his head and opened his eyes slowly looking around, noticing two of his father. One was slim and well not necesserally buff but fit from having to run and deal with this world. He turned his head to look at his father and scowled. He poked his father in the stomach who turned noticing that Topher was now awake, everyone did.

”I’m so making Frederick MAKE you work out with Nate, Matt and me when we get back, I don’t think mom would mind.” He could hear his mother yelling at him to shut the hell up and wanting to smack him in his head, she knew he was reading her thoughts and just glared at him. ”Can everyone keep it down with the yelling for a bit, my head wants to explode at the moment, literally.” ”That’s what you get for throwing so much power around like it was candy. I’ve never seen someone do that, where did all that come from cause I know you probably don’t have that much?” ”I think Chris let me borrow some when I was in her mind dealing with Maxwell…” ”WHERE… sorry.. where is Chris?” Topher winced as his father spoke loudly right next to him. Topher had to think about it for a second. All the thoughts coming in and her mind was blank to him which made him frown, that wasn’t a good thing.

He shook his head and focused on splitting his mind to clear the jumbled mess to the split and focused his other on Chris. He had barely enough energy to do it. He felt a small connection to her, it was still there and minimal from the pile of which he recalled finally through all the mess he had made. He sent a telekinetic wave small towards it, hopefully marking it for Jenny and Ciara to grab Chris and went limp in both Jack’s arms, speaking quietly, ”There… “  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:58 pm
Jenny and Ciara made their way over to the two Jacks and Topher just in time to catch Topher’s comment. ”Shut up Topher!!!” That was a very private thought and Topher just had to casually throw it out there. She glared at him. She shared a glace with Ciara who was holding back a laugh. She paused at Topher’s words though. Just the idea that Maxwell was in Chris’s mind… She met eyes with Jack and his words echoed her thoughts. Where the hell was Chris?

Ciara was quiet, also worried for the girl. Chris might not have been hers in anyway, she couldn’t hold any hard feelings that she literally tried to shoot them. Her and Jenny moved in sync to the spot Topher pointed out. The girl was out cold but at least she was breathing. ”Chris…” At least she was safe. The two were easily able to lift the smaller female out of the hole. Ciara helped Jenny get her back over to where the Jack’s and Topher were standing.

”I hate to leave you both like this. Will you two be okay once we leave?” Not that Lexa had told her how to get them back... She just expected it would work the same way. Ciara’s gaze narrowed. ”Hopefully. Maxwell has been f*cking with our time for so long now it may be hard be we’ll figure something out. Take care of those two. They are strong and you should be really proud of the children you’ve raised. I know your time’s version of me probably would be.” Jenny nodded, appreciative for that. She just wanted to get home and make sure the twins were actually safe. Once they were set and ready she just did the same steps as before, feeling out the timeline that stuck out to her and hoping it was the right one.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:33 pm
Topher managed to stay on his feet even though they wanted to buckle underneath him even with both versions of Jack holding him up. He felt Chris get closer and her mind was still a jumble to him which made him worry but everything else going through his head right now he couldn’t even process a single thought out. Foood… What, why? That… Topher blinked as the thoughts kept coming through and his head nearly shattered. He winced in pain, EVERYTHING was connected. Oh s**t… He realized at that point what the stray thought was, animals. He had connect to a few farm animals before and their thought patterns were simple and the animals out here had very few food sources provided to them by humans so most were probably scavengers. f*ck me… danger…. Who…

Topher opened his eyes a bit and everything was blurry, but it wasn’t visions, he was just so weak at this point that even his vision was going. He had to think but everything kept coming at him and his head was trying to turn into mush but something was holding everything at bay, but drawing energy from him. When his mother mentioned they needed to go and his father took most of his weight Topher stumbled a bit and nearly fell but gathered himself again. Before they could leave he held up his hand and turned to Ciara. ”I’m… sorry. For…” At this point he could barely talk but he wanted to get it out and clear his throat. ”The compulsion use, I’m not used to this much power, and also collapsing the building, I didn’t realize you were in that area when I did it.”

Jack used his telekinesis to help hold Topher up. He had never seen the boy so weak and was very worried at this point. ”Jenny…” She was already getting ready to go and he grabbed her hand and held on to Topher and helped Jenny find the timeline, he was a bit more use to jumping around time from his jumps with Lexa and they popped out and back into their own timeline right in front of their house.

--
Frederick cursed a bit as the two left suddenly and just shrugged. ”They didn’t even say goodbye.” He got out of the back as Lexa popped out as well and got into the front. ”Stay in the back and take time to process it. I’ll get us back to the house.” With that he drove he and Barbara back to the house. Just as they were pulling in all of them including the twins who looked like hell popped into existence right in front of the house. Frederick pulled out the radio from the glove box and used the house frequency. ”Get the med team to the front of the house NOW.” He stopped the car, put it in park while opening the door at the same time and rushed up to them. ”The hell just happened.”

”Stop…yelling…” Topher spoke up for the first time in a little bit. He felt a bit of power go up and realize he had accidently used compulsion to get them to shut up. However the power output was minor and he felt his body give out. Jack was so distracted by Frederick he didn’t even notice and Topher collapsed to the ground. He was still awake, barely. All the thoughts started coming again and he tried to tune them out but couldn’t. He wrote something on the ground with his hand and grabbed Frederick’s foot so he’d notice. Frederick did notice and cursed ”Topher, no.” ”Get…it…my… head… will… explode… otherwise.” Frederick cursed again and ignored the glare from Jack. The military had been working on something and using Topher to test it so of course he knew about it, though why he wanted it now was beyond him. He walked back to the car and got his briefcase out of the trunk ignoring whoever would be yelling at him by this point. God a headset device out and walked back to Topher.

Jack had pulled Topher into a sitting position and was trying to figure out exactly what the hell was going on. He wasn’t sure what Jenny was doing at this point he was trying to keep Topher from collapsing again. As Frederick came back he noticed he had something and started to protest but Topher put his hand up and nodded at Frederick. Frederick came forward and stopped. ”You’re sure about this, you usually get horrible migraines after from being disconnected.” ”Do it, right now, I have so much connection that its worse.” Frederick put the headset on and most of the mind connections stopped and Topher visibly relaxed, almost going instantly to sleep. ”Ok, now someone please tell me what the f*ck happened?” ”No. First of, what the hell is that?”

Frederick sighed. ”A device that negates SOME telepathy, we were working on it for a while to try to stop Maxwell. When Topher showed strong telepathy he helped us develop it more.” Jack glared at Frederick. ”Why the f*ck weren’t we told.” ”I figure he would’ve said something, and honestly it’s a need to know.” ”I have a feeling you were using him to test it, so we’re a need to god damn know Frederick.”  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:58 am
Jenny was thankful for Jack’s help. Once they were back in their own time, Jenny could relax, just a little. Frederick pulled up and was in immediate Crisis mode. First step was making sure the kids were okay, then they could swap stories. She looked down at Chris in her arms. Despite all the yelling going on, she was still out cold. Her attention was brought back to the rest of the group as Frederick approached with a helmet of some kind.

He explained that it would block Topher’s Telepathy and that it was need to know. Her anger flared but this was neither the time nor the place to explode. Neighbors would be watching and her first priority was the twins. ”We will have to discuss this later. Hopefully for all our sakes I won’t be armed.” She was serious, her first instinct was always to kill those who hurt the twins. However her leadership qualities overrode her instincts. She was in take charge mode now.

”Lets get the twins inside.” Her voice was strong and calm, showing off exactly why people trusted her as a senator. The med team had pulled up in front of the house by this time. Her gaze turned to Frederick and flicked right behind him to where Barbara was standing, leaning against the open door, half in the car and half out.

”Frederick, Please take Barbara home. I’m sure she’s overwhelmed and this does not directly concern her.” It was one of the reasons she never brought all the family issues to work. As far as Jenny was concerned, Barbara didn’t need to know the details of their life. Though now she knew she didn’t have a choice at this point but it would have to wait until later.

She followed the med team inside and they got the twins to their rooms. Afterwards she could be found pacing the living room floor while the doctor examined them. Jack probably tried to convince her to sit but she just couldn’t. Eventually the doc came back to report there was nothing physically wrong with either of them. ”Just some scrapes and bruises. Topher is fine, muttering in his sleep.” ”And Chris?” ”I can’t know what is going on in her brain without taking them to the hospital.” Jenny shook her head. Hospitals meant press. He sighed, figuring that would be her answer. ”Then for now I just suggest they rest. If nothing changes in 24 hours then I will be back.” ”Thank you.”

The doctor left and Jenny finally sat down on the couch, leaning her head back and staring up at the ceiling. She almost thought to call Mathias and Nathanial, but thought better of it. It was their day off, no need to bother them. All of this happened right under her nose so what good would it do to call them now? The alternate Ciara’s words rang in her head. ”They are strong and you should be really proud of the children you’ve raised. I know your time’s version of me probably would be.” She was just going to have to trust that they would be okay.

----------------------------

Barbara was silent the whole way to the house. She wasn’t sure what was going on so she wasn’t sure what she was supposed to be processing. How was Frederick so calm through all of this? As they arrived, Barbara was shocked to see all four of them just appear in front of them again. Frederick was very take charge, calling for the med team and leaping out of the car as soon as it was parked. She stayed seated at first, still trying to figure out how in the world they did that. Time travel? That just seemed too unrealistic. And yet they had disappeared from the car and reappeared here with the twins so there had to be some merit to it.

She opened her door slowly and started to get out, keeping her eyes trained on the group as a whole. She didn’t know where her place in this whole ordeal lied and she wasn’t even sure if she wanted to continue to be involved in anyway. She knew working for a psychic would be different but this… this was something she never could have expected. She knew Jenny’s family was crazy but this was beyond that. She wasn’t even sure she could deal with it. Her eyes met Jenny’s as the woman commanded everyone around. If nothing else, she knew how to get things done. She was thankful Jenny was going to let her go home. They could have a discussion later about everything.

Barbara moved up to the passenger seat and was quiet as Frederick started to drive her home. ”How do you do it?” As far as she was aware, Frederick was in the same boat as her. Non psychic. ”I mean, how do you stick with that family through all the insane things that seem to happen. Everyone was so calm about it so something like this has to have happened before.” In her opinion everyone was way too calm. But the more she thought about it the more it made sense. Why Jenny was such a good leader in times of stress.

”I don’t know if I can do this…” She whispered it more to herself. This wasn’t her world. She didn’t have any special abilities to deal with these things. She was just normal Barbara.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:56 pm
Frederick winced at Jenny’s words, he knew she’d be pissed when she found out but was hoping Topher would had said something to her at least. He knew Topher didn’t care for the cloak and dagger about military stuff most of the time so was surprised this was kept a secret from the family. Hell he was surprised that even Chris didn’t tell them, he was sure she would’ve seen visions of it being made, though she would’ve seen why her brother was helping them. They had reports of Telepaths using their abilities to get what they wanted in some cases involving robbery. It lead at least to non-violent conflicts but had the people up in arms in some areas. He wanted to argue the point with Jenny but knew that now was not the time, she probably already had the report anyway as someone in her position. He had seen a glare from Jack and almost thought his long time friend would’ve pulled his gun out but at that time the med team showed up to get the twins both inside.

He opted instead to follow Jenny’s instructions and took Barbara home so she wouldn’t have to deal with this. He stayed quiet for a long time until she spoke and nodded, most people wouldn’t be calm. ”I’ve been with Jack since he was born, I was stationed with his father for a while and became close friends before he married Jack’s mother. So I’ve been around the family a LONG time and have gotten used to it. The twins and Maxwell just add another layer to it, though I think that the latter wont be in the picture anymore.” He struggled with a thought and shrugged. He had some feelings for Barbara and had for a while now and decided if he was going to act on them he should be honest with her. Her purse was still in the back seat and he moved it to her lap with his telekinesis. Before she could question he explained, ”The… military did some testing to deal with Jack’s identical twin brother Maxwell. Essentially they wanted train soldiers with psychic abilities that didn’t already have psychic abilities as most psychics weren’t inclined to join unless highly bribed or their families were already military like Jack’s though he didn’t after his parent’s were murdered.”

As he drove on he continued a bit and relaxed more finally getting some of it out. ”That’s all I have is that one ability, and only during combat or when stressed. I’m worried about the twins, and I think you just saved me from being shot. No they wouldn’t kill me, they aren’t like that, but anything involving harm towards the kids would result in harm towards the person doing it. Not that that device will do permanent damage.” He swore under his breath and sighed. ”He said he had too much connection, he never complained about that before, what the hell happened?” At her last comment he took her hand in his and held it. "You can, I'm always here to help. I don't think they'll let me leave regardless of how much trouble I'm in."

--
Once the headset was on Topher stayed quiet and could hear the conversation and wanted to explain to his mother that it was his decision and to leave Frederick alone but he was so drained that he just kept his eyes closed. Chris was still a blank to him, he could feel his parents, Frederick and even Barbara at this point since she had been around the family long enough to have a familiar connection to his mind. Though with the apparatus on everything was very dim compared to normal, Chris was essentially static to him. Chris… He tried to send a thought to her but could tell nothing went through even at this point. Once the medical team got there he felt them pick him up and move him to his room in the house. He could feel them examining him in the room and kept trying to get them to wake up Chris but his words were so mumbled that even he couldn’t understand them. At that point he was half asleep anyway so just shut up after a while and slept normally though he kept having flashbacks to Maxwell in Chris’ head.

He slept like the dead for the next hour until he kept hearing a quiet thud, thud, thud. ”Ughhh…” ”The dead have risen.” A young female voice spoke as he turned his head to see what the noise was. At that he sat up and turned to see a young female sitting in his desk chair holding one of those blue rubber wall balls that you’d see a inmate use out of boredom. For some reason she looked vaguely familiar too him and he had to think a bit and decided he couldn’t process information at the moment. ”Get out.” He opened the door mentally and went to go back to sleep but hear the door shut before he could close his eyes. He turned to face the door but the girl was still sitting in his chair. ”Mr. Badass learns to split his mind so he thinks he’s all high and mighty now?” She smirks and then throws the ball right at him. He doesn’t even hesitate to stop the ball with telekinesis and glares at her. ”Who the f*ck are you?” ”Toni. I’m here to fix some things.” Before Topher could think the ball moves back to her. Ok so her powers in telekinesis are stronger than his. ”Fix what?’ ”You… and your sister.”

Topher blinked at that and sat back up. ”Well more precisely the technology in you. That allows for time travel, that’s why your powers were and kind of still are out of whack at the moment. If I don’t calibrate it correctly it can lead to dangerous things and possibly kill you.” ”Stay the f*ck away from me.” ”I already fixed yours, while you were asleep. I don’t have to do anything physically to it. Wireless tech is amazing isn’t it?” She smirked at his apprehension and stood up. ”Why the f*ck do you look familiar to me?” ”Cause I’m your daughter, silly.” ”F*ck time travel…”

Topher sat up and nearly fell back over but held himself up. And glared at Toni, he wasn’t sure what to do. ”She’s still in her room, I need you there too.” ”Fine…” Topher stood slowly but sat back down before he fell face first. ”Oh here…” The girl pulled something out of her small bag that looked like one of those five hour energy drinks and Topher shook his head. ”It’s not that, this is a energy cocktail of our own design specifically for psychics, it helps revive powers when drained.” Topher blinked and took the drink speculatively and stared for a second before opening it and downing it in one gulp. It took a few moments but he noticed he did feel better and started at Toni for a second then got up. Well at least he didn’t fall over. ”Ha, if I wanted to hurt you you’d still be asleep silly.” He walked to the door and opened it as Toni followed him.

He figured she would know where to go but kept her behind him anyway, if mom or dad was awake and wondering around he wanted to explain first. As he opened Chris’ door of course their mother was sitting in a chair brought in in her room he stopped in the door as she stared at him. ”Mom…” Before he could finish Toni stepped around him and pulled him closer to where Chris was asleep on the bed. At the sight of her Chris nearly collapsed again, she was still asleep but the brain activity was dead to him. Then he realized he still had the headgear on and took it off. Everything came flooding back in and he winced at all the activity but tried to focus on Chris. He knelt down beside her bed and touched her, knowing having a physical touch would be better. Toni was getting a few things out of her bag at this point. ”Hi, sorry for this, You probably know I’m related, I’m Toni, Topher’s Daughter, I’m… well. In order for anyone to be able to time travel they have to have the right tech inside. That IDIOT didn’t calibrate theirs right, which is why for one their power levels were out of whack in that timeline.” She hooked what looked like a monitor device up to Chris and did the same to Topher.

”I need to fix theirs before bad things happen.” ”I thought you fixed mine.” ”Silly boy, I lied, I just didn’t want you to go back to sleep, otherwise Auntie Chris won't wake up. I need to fix both of yours at the same time because of you being twins you have a rather odd ability like Toby and I that we can share power strength. And being the idiot you ARE, you took too much of hers, almost all of it.” Topher was about ready to argue back but stopped, not wanting to at this point. ”Fine, whatever, just fix it.” He held Chris hand at this point hoping she’d wake up soon. ”Her mind is blank to me, is that going to help as well?” Toni stopped for a moment then just shrugged. At this point she used her devices to fix the issue. ”Ok, sleepy head should wake up soon.”  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:21 pm
Barbara was thankful that Frederick was there. She wasn’t sure how she would have delt with this on her own. His explaniation made sense, having been with the family for a long time would let you get used to the strange things happening. Even she was used to Jenny’s ramblings and nature by now. Not that she’d ever seen the woman this upset before. Being a mother herself, she understood. She was surpised when her purse moved to her on its own. She watched his face carefully as he explained that he too had a little bit of abilities. It probably made it easier to deal with the family like that.

”Wha…” She started to question but he continued to explain that he didn’t think they’d actually kill him. She thought about that too. The calm yet deadly expression on Jenny’s face as she took control of the situation just before they left. ”I don’t think I ever realized she would threaten someone so seriously. I know she jokes about it at work sometimes but…” But seeing the twins in Jack and Jenny’s arms she could understand. ”Too much connection? I’m only vaguely aware of the Twins abilities. What does that even mean?” She knew the twins didn’t have an official ranking because they never took the follow-up test so she didn’t know what they could do or how strongly they could do it. ”I… I appreciate it Frederick. I just need some time to think about it.”

-------------------------------

During that hour the house was way too quiet. Jack went off to tinker with something, probably to calm his nerves and Jenny found herself in Chris’s room. The girl had not moved since they laid her on the bed and Jenny knew it was wrong. Vision dreams had a habit of making you turn in your sleep. She had pulled a chair in so she could stay in the room without issue.

She didn’t even realize she’d fallen asleep until she’d been rudely awoken by a familiar sound. At first she thought it was Jack playing around in his home made lab. She yawned, debating going to lay down and try for a nap. First she’d better go check up on Ja… She turned in her chair as the door opened, eyes narrowing on Topher as he entered the room. He was still wearing that ridiculous helmet and it reminded her she was angry at Frederick. ”Wha…” Toni’s sudden appearance surprised her and her glare turned to her instead. The noise that woke her was the time travel pop. Of course it made sense now.

”Maxwell injected them with the time travel stuff and didn’t set it right so there’s a problem. Got it.” Was that why Chris hadn’t woken yet? Watching Toni and Topher interact, it was easy enough to tell they were related. Toni was smart, definitely got that from her mother for sure. ”Well twins do run in our family.” Her disappointed stare turned back to Topher when Toni said he stole Chris’s strength. Toni did her thing and now all they could do was wait.

-------------------------------

The first thing that came back to Chris was her Empathy. She was aware for four sets of feelings. Mom, Topher and a third in the room and Dad just outside the door. Varying degrees of concern between the four of them. Annoyance, anger, amusement. Nothing too unusual though. Next she became aware she was in her own bed but on top of the covers. She hadn’t fallen asleep like that had she? Now her brain was starting to wake up, she was trying to piece together the last thing she could remember.

The night before she had gotten drunk. Though that was less of a memory and more of a bad dream. So she was going to wake up with a hangover then? Something still didn’t seem right. She scrunched her face a little and turned her head. There was a bandage on her face, it stretched and pulled when she moved. That didn’t happen last night… She started to remember she had gotten up that morning. The video! The press conference! Something happened there. She turned over on her side and started to push herself up to a sitting position, hand covering her face. ’Kidnapped…’ That’s right! They had been about to go on stage when one of the guards stopped them. Who was it though? And how did she get back into her room? She ignored every word spoken to her at this point, but she could tell they were still concerned.

The next ability to come back was her telekinesis. The lights and electronics flickered just a little and a few smaller things from her desk moved around as she worked to get some control back. She still couldn’t remember what happened. Who was it? ’Maxwell’ Suddenly she felt sick. She scrambled to her feet and rushed to the bathroom, just barely making it to the toilet before emptying the entirety of her stomach. Once done she leaned back against the wall. She knew what happened now, but she couldn’t remember it. They had been pulled to a different timeline and Maxwell had influenced her and controlled her the whole time. No wonder she didn’t have any memories. ’Mom can’t know.’ She mentally poked Topher before pushing herself off the floor with a groan. She walked back into the room where the four of them were waiting.

Wait… Four? Her eyes focused on the one most unfamiliar to her. She had a familiar aura about her and her face was familiar too. ”Tonya’s daughter right?” Small shot in the dark, she was still half asleep and without coffee in her system. Her eyes went to Topher. ”You know that one cop that got you in trouble.” She would have laughed at the expression her brother made but the last ability of hers to make a come back was her Clairvoyance. The vision came in so fast she wasn’t ready for it. She dropped to her knees, hands on her head. It was a future conversation between Frederick and Jenny. It did not end well. Her breathing was heavy as she came back into focus on the real world. ”I’m okay.” She said shakily. Mom could not be armed while talking with Frederick. She took long deep breaths to steady herself. It had been a long time since a vision had hit her so violently.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:09 pm
Frederick nodded as they came closer to Barbara’s house, of course he knew where she lived most people on Jenny’s upper staff knew where the others live as a back up or if they need to be picked up. He shrugged the comment off about being threatened. ”I’m military, I’m used to it.” The explained about Topher and Chris. ”I got a close look at him, he was covered in blood and not likely his…” He didn’t want to alarm Barbara but figured some honestly would help her through the situation. ”Maxwell, Jack’s brother was the highest ranked telepath. If Topher was able to defeat him, just think on that. If he’s complaining of too much connectivity that’s mentally, usually he has more control but in his state its probably gone.” He pulled into her driveway but stopped her from going out. ”We try to keep him going, I’ve always told Jenny a bored or drunk telepath is a bad thing so that’s why she doesn’t allow him to drink at events. He’s probably the highest rank telepath if we were to test them.” He thought about it for a moment and nodded. ”Chris is if not the highest at least one of them for clairvoyance. At this time with what happened I’m guessing she’ll top the list. Those two always have.”

--
Topher finally felt some connection with Chris and got a feeling she was going through a lot with her powers coming back then she sent him a mental not about not remembering it. Why th… He wanted to press her about it, her logical mind would figure it out better but then he realized something, he forced Maxwell out so that probably had something to do with it. The way I forced him out, I’m sorry, but probably better if you don’t remember, Maxwell is an a*****e. As she came fully awake and Toni started to pack up her stuff Chris said something that took him a while to grasp and his mind went fully blank and he stared at the wall. Tonya??? Then she mentioned the cop that got him in trouble and he had to literally force himself to hold back the blush. The cop he had a god damn crush on. F*ck… wait… no… SERIOUSLY… GOD F*CK?!

Toni looked over and noticed that Topher had gone completely still and silent for a long time now and poked him with no reaction and frowned. ”Hello… earth to father… come in father??” I cant… Toby, Toni… with Tonya… f*ck… augh… twins as well, well that’s f*cking great. Toni jabbed him harder this time and Topher still stared at the wall. ”Ha… what’d you have to go and break your brother for Chris?” ”I think his idiot mind is trying to process that little tiny information… oh… ha… he hasn’t been with mom y…” ”Shut up…” ”Well you haven’t.” ”Well this time travel s**t is annoying, I’d like to figure out who I’d like own my god damn own.” ”You already HAVE a crush on her, that’s why you fell in training and dislocated your shoulder, she “distracted” you.” ”I thought you said Maxwell did that.” ”Well he was there laughing at me.”

”Get some guts and go talk to mom already you little p***y.” ”Oh…hahaha…” Jack nearly fell over at Toni’s comment and braced himself on the door. ”Don’t f*cking talk to me that god damn way.” ”Don’t swear at your children, your setting a bad example.” ”I.. augh… I’m going the f*ck back to sleep.” Topher stormed out past Jack back to his room and slammed the door behind him. ”Well then. Also Auntie Chris, you and I share Empathy, I have well you Trained me, I can give you pointers now to help you out or come back later when you’re better and feeling more up to it.”  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 pm
Barbara looked away, processing what Frederick told her. Topher was covered in someone else’s blood. It was alarming but if they were fighting for their lives, she couldn’t hold it against him. But the more Frederick talked about it, the less she liked it. The highest ranked Telepath and he hadn’t been tested. As they stopped, she started to get out but Frederick held her back. She paused, listening to him. Those kids were strong, she knew that just seeing them from afar. ”They are Jenny’s children after all. I wouldn’t expect anything less.” She put her purse strap over her shoulder and opened the door again, starting to exit the car. ”Thank you again Frederick, I appreciate the honesty. I certainly have a lot to think about.” She closed the door and went inside

-------------------------

Its better if you don’t remember. Chris was starting to see that. There was no telling what she would have done under Maxwell’s control. She took her time getting up off the floor this time, only to suddenly find herself in Jenny’s arms. ”Mom… You are squeezing me and it hurts.” Jenny planted a kiss on her forehead as she pulled back. ”I’m just glad to see you safe.”

They both turned to watch as Toni and Topher argued. Chris shrugged at Jack’s comment. ”Broken is his natural state of being. I didn’t do anything special.” She smirked. ”As I recall, he just watches her from afar right now.” He was going to kick her a** for that one but she figured it was payback. For what? She wasn’t sure yet.

Jenny let out a snort at Toni’s comment. ”I mean you really shouldn’t keep a girl waiting Topher.” He stormed out and she laughed, following him out the door. She was going to get some answers, this conversation was not anywhere near over yet. She didn’t even knock, opening the door and standing in the doorway, leaning her head against the door frame. ”I am honestly glad that you two are safe. But I need to know Topher. What happened? We heard from...L… Barbara that you two were taken by Maxwell. Fill in the gaps between then and how we found you.”

Chris shook her head at Toni’s offer with a smile. ”Thanks but I think I can figure it out on my own.” Something about learning techniques that she taught the girl in the first place didn’t sit right with her. Time Travel… ”But thank you for your help. I think…” Her eyes met with Jacks for a moment before she looked back over at Toni. ”Unless there is anything else, you should be good to go… She waited for Toni to pop out before looking over at Jack again. She had always felt weird about talking to her dad about things. But something was telling her to actually try to have a conversation with him, and it wasn’t just the fact that now they both had something awful in common.

Chris sat down on her bed, cross legged. ”There are like two chairs if you want to sit…” Still felt awkward. ”I… I know you and mom are probably wondering what happened. But honestly… I don’t think you want to know.” Her voice dropped down to almost a whisper. ”I don’t have any memory of what happened. The last thing I actually remember being in the hall waiting to go on stage and the guard stopping us and walking us out back. But after that… Its just blank. But…” She paused, shifting from her cross legged position to pull her knees up to her chest. ”How do you deal with knowing your actions weren’t your own?” Sure her case was different, she didn’t remember any of the things she did. But there was still a nagging feeling in the back of her mind. Not just an invasion of privacy, or an invasion of her mind but the thought that, what if, right this moment, she wasn’t under her own control.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 pm
Topher was about to go back to sleep but stayed at the door he could feel his mother following him. He opened it but instead of going to his bed he lowered himself to the ground and rested against the wall. He figured rather than fight her he’d let her in so she could listen. At the mention of it everything did come back almost in a flash and he winced. ”I’m not sure that you really want to know. I mean I know you think you do, but I don’t think you should.” He put up his hands to stall her. ”However, you’ll bug me or Chris until you get what information you want so just chill. I’m not happy about reliving it so give me a bit to put my thoughts in order.” He decided to be honest with her about the connection overload as well since she’d find out anyway and put the headgear back on regardless of her glares as he pointed at it. ”Right now if I don’t use this I’m connected mentally to literally everyone, even animals for a mile or more radius wise I can’t tell exactly, if we were in the city I’d probably be a blubbering idiot without the helmet so let me use it.”

He stood up and sat on his bed letting her use his desk chair. ”As I see it, currently I don’t think the rank levels can accurately place my telepathy once I can get back under control. I need help with that so for the love of god please don’t shoot Frederick. His team actually trusts me using it on them, I don’t think I’d find another group that’d let me use compulsion WILINGLY.” He got back into a comfortable position leaning back against the wall, not letting her interrupt him at the moment. She had her moments right now she wanted information from him. ”We were with you at the event when what seemed like normal guards approached us, however one of Maxwell’s goons approached us and was so assured that things would go as planned that made us both stop. I read their minds and I found out the place was wired to blow unless we cooperated with them so we had no choice to, there was too many innocent people involved.” He paused at that, then Maxwell blew it up anyway, ”I… do you have any reports of casualties or were you able to get everyone out?”

No wait, there would’ve been reporters marching on their front lawn already if that was the case. So it didn’t blow after all. ”Maxwell knocked me out before the time jump so I don’t know what all happened then. Once I woke up we were already with the other Jack. Who I can say is very aggressive, though to live there he’d have to be. There were at least fifty Maxwell copies brought ove…” Topher stopped for a moment and closed his eyes at the thought. The first memory of killing the men he came up on with Ciara so they didn’t have to waste time then dealing with the rest of the Maxwells. He almost threw up at the thought but held it back taking a few deep breaths not caring if he started crying at that point visibly or not. ”We met back up with Gr… Ciara. Argued quite a LOT I found out the strength was higher then and was able to do a location thing with telepathy even from a distance to find their version of you, who led us to the main Maxwell.”

He squirmed a bit cause at this point is where he wanted to stop but if she wanted to know. He had his eyes closed for a bit with his head lowered and opened them speaking quietly. ”We split up, I went with Ciara, Chris with the other Jack. I have no idea what all happened with Chris and Jack on the way other than they fell into a trap at the compound…” He was about to include the full details about the mind fight between Maxwell but decided to just skim it when he got to it. ”Ciara and I ran into a snag on our way and I…” Topher put his head back and closed his eyes at the thought, he’d have to deal with this eventually, especially being a cop he would have to deal with the idea of HAVING to one day pull that trigger. ”There was twelve of them, I compelled them to kill each other and the last to shoot himself it was more efficient. We needed to conserve ammo and time.” He wanted to smack his head against the wall a few times but didn’t want to alarm his mother even more. He was sure at explaining that he’d done THAT she’d be worried. ”We got to the compound and I was able to find Chris quickly, though it was a trap.”

He sighed deep and did hit his had against the wall once lightly. Chris would hate him for telling her all this but at least it was coming from him and not her, her part she wouldn’t remember but at least some aspects their mom would know and not bug them about. ”Maxwell was in control of her, once she was armed she shot me and Ciara. Though I almost forgot I learned to do a trick of splitting my mind and somehow with that I have a deep subconscious and it I guess knew something was wrong and put a telekinetic shield around me.” He shrugged but kept going. ”Once I knew what was going on I tried to deflect the other bullet as fast as I could but I think it still glance off Ciara.” He yawned a bit, wanting to sleep but continued, if he stopped now he wouldn’t remember where to start again. ”I managed to disarm her without harm and got, well, Maxwell, it was all wrong.” He shivered at the memory and sighed. ”I so wanted to punch to the smirk on the face but, that being Chris’ face I knew she’d be mad, and you’d be mad so I had to hold back.”

”I first tried to get involved and boot Maxwell out but was distracted physically outside by the others which is when I decided to pull the building down. I had been connected enough to Chris that her subconscious agreed to lend me power to help get Maxwell out, I never realized it worked physically as well. After that I mentally booted him out then found him physically.” He gritted his teeth a bit and continued. ”Well he found me, I had a perfect shot to kill him but he was laughing so much that it seemed to good of a easy kill.” He looked over at his mother to make sure she was still paying attention, which she probably was. ”I took him up to his command platform, pulled down that piping telekentikily and made him watch his death coming for what he’s done to our family.” His voice felt cold and not his own at that point. He laid down on the bed facing the wall trying to hold back the emotions that wanted to jump through. ”Then you should up, and know the rest.”

[[ooc: Splitting it in two cause yeah...]]  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces