Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:14 pm
Topher rolled his eyes as Barbara turned to him and groaned a bit at the comment like a kid then turned to her before she could leave. ”Go fly a kite.” He said under his breath but loud enough she could possibly catch it. He got a glare from his father and shrugged. It was his simple replacement for telling someone to ******** off, but not as vulgar. He mostly used it with some of his mother’s staff he didn’t care for when they were at a public event and HAD to be there.

”Shut up Topher, and get breakfast then get dressed.” ”I am.” ”No…” The glance Jack gave Topher made his son groan again. He knew the boy hated wearing suits or even formal-casual things so they’d at least look proper. ”Same goes for you.” He glanced over at Chris but didn’t press it, she’d listen more so than her brother would, hopefully. ”If we’re not hiding this then we’re going to explain it as a family.” ”What are we going to say, ’Yeah Chris shot someone and has been depressed lately so went and got herself drunk as f*ck.’ Is that what?” Jack almost had the thought of punching Topher but stopped himself, last thing they needed was to explain why Topher had a broken nose all the sudden.

”No, damage control yes. Very few people actually know about my brother and we’re going to keep it that way. If we explain she shot someone they’d want to know who and why. So NO.” He already figured out that Jenny was working something out in her head that would work as a buyable story for now. ”Keep your mouths shut if anyone asks you about it before hand. If they do just simply say the family is having a conference to discuss this further and to show up there if they want answers.” Wouldn’t be the first time they had to do this but he felt the need to remind the two right now. ”Simple story, Chris is slightly depressed and having a hard time dealing with it. WHICH IS PARTIALLY TRUE.” He glanced at her hoping she’d get the hint that they were there to help, she knew both he and Jenny had been through s**t so he was upset that Chris hadn’t have come to them or even Topher but rather tried to drink it away. He tried that once, Jenny nearly killed him but got him straightened out instead.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:37 pm
Jenny sighed. That went about as well as she'd expected. Her gaze stayed on Chris's head. Chris was contemplating if she could just go back to bed for the rest of eternity. She heard her father speak to her and only waved her hand to show she'd heard him. Still her brother wanted to argue. She lifted her head just a little. "While I would rather my mental health not be something for people to talk about, I'm sure people will not buy that as an excuse for why Topher beat up these men." She let her head fall back to the table softly.

Jenny stood. "We can try to keep your mental health off the table but its going to be brought up. As for Topher's actions, it is clear enough that he was just trying to protect his sister. Though I am more concerned about how this will affect your training and ability to become an officer." While she wasn't keen on the idea of her son becoming a cop, she knew he would do it anyway and went ahead and told him it was okay. She locked eyes with Jack, convincing him that Chris and Topher needed some privacy. Let the two of them deal with it for now. She believed Topher would get more out of Chris and the two of them right now. "You two have an hour to be ready to go." And with that last comment she left the room.

Once the two parentals were out of the room, Chris decided to lift her head again. Of course Topher was still there. "Topher you are such an idiot." She muttered this comment but it was loud enough for him to hear it. Only she knew she was the only idiot in the room right now. "Listen. I'm sorry. 'Kay? For hitting you last night, though to be honest that's really fuzzy and I thought it was one of those other guys grabbing me. Also that's no way for an older sister to act. She snickered a bit before getting up to grab something to eat. Jenny and Jack never actually told them which twin was 'older' and it was the cause of several fights between the two but Chris always figured she had to be the older one so she'd tease Topher about it sometimes.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:01 pm
Jack nodded and sighed a bit. ”They’d most likely link it to something genetic, being that I’ve had episodes in the past.” Referring to the mental health he shook his head a bit at the thoughts of the past. Jenny knew exactly what he was talking about, she helped him get through it not letting him drink it away. ”I’m sure your mother will come up with something buyable anyway.” Jack looked at Topher and had a thought of linking the reason to him joining the police force behind their backs, even though Chris had known about it, could feasibly work. He shook the thought away, he’d leave the thinking to Jenny.

Topher just watched and sighed as their parents left the room. He scoffed a bit at her comment about being an idiot, not really wanting to start an argument. He shook his head as she spoke and stared at her. ”That was nothing compared to the break. Plus wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been hit in the head with a bottle.” He had pissed off Jenny enough when he was younger and at one point in time she was drinking something and got angry enough to throw the bottle. He wasn’t anywhere near it but it happened as he was leaving and he recalled the bottle flying past his head and ricocheting off the wall to hit him in the head. His mother was instantly in a different mood but he almost had to force her away she was hugging him so tight. He knew it wasn’t aimed for him and was a complete accident, that and he barely felt it.

”And being a cop, that’s no way for anyone to act.” He sighed and shook his head. ”I don’t f*cking want to wear a god damn tux.” He had ALWAYS hate having to go to events and wearing tuxes. Eventually got to the point that their tailor made his out of a lighter material so he wouldn’t fuss so much, even as an adult. ”C’mon we got to go get ready.” He offered a hand to Chris, knowing that she might actually want it today. After getting ready he sat in the car impatiently as they went to the nearby meeting house that their Mother used frequently for Press Conferences. He was actually glad for all the extra body guards being there to keep the press from just walking up to them. He never really cared for them, had an extremely bad experience when they were younger, to which if he recalled right, their mother got that investigative journalist instantly fired and arrested (interviewing without consent of parent or his own for that matter) for forcing him to answer the questions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm
Jenny shrugged it off. She already had an idea of what she was going to say as far as the conference went anyway. Worrying about it would only make things worse. So she wouldn't.

Chris only stared at him for that comment. It was true but still... This time it was her fault and she shouldn't have done it. She snorted though. His complaining never got old. Luckily she had the option to dress up however she felt like but Topher had to wear a tux. "One day you won't have to..." She mentioned this off hand but it was likely that he'd always have to wear something similar. She already knew their mom wasn't going to stop doing what she was doing any time soon.

Getting ready was easy enough and the car ride wasn't that bad, luckily by the time they made it to the place she wasn't feeling like s**t anymore. Waiting in the hall while Jenny and Jack went out to start the conversation with the crowd was boring. Chris paced back and forth, knowing that Jenny would come up with something viable but she was still worried.

So much she didn't notice the guard come up to them until after he spoke. "You two are going to come with me." Chris turned much too quickly but her stance said she was definitely ready to kick this guy's a**. He smirked in response. "No funny business or this whole building gets blown to bits. If I don't radio my buddies in a few minutes they will blow this whole building and everyone in it, sky high." Chris lowered her fists but her glare was a weapon all of its own. Unfortunately it didn't scare this guy, just like Jenny apparently didn't scare him either.

He pushed the two forwards and Chris noticed Barbara out of the corner of her eye. She held up a finger to her lips so the woman wouldn't say anything and poked Topher so he'd message her to keep quiet. Not to mention this guy was stupid and oblivious, cheering to himself for having caught the twins without problem.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:38 pm
Topher was about to go up when someone stopped the two of them. He glared at the guy and was ready to deck him in the face but once he spoke he sighed and followed Chris. He had dipped into the guys thoughts and already knew there was enough guys in the building to make sure this would go the way it was planned. ”You really think you can get away?” The guy smirked and motioned them to follow. Topher glanced and noticed Chris staring at Barbara and looked at her. The look said it all and he also jumped into her mind, Barbara was probably only one of the few staff members that actually knew of the families actual abilities. ”We have to, s**t will hit the fan if we don’t.” He sent her mental pictures of some of the guys he pulled from the memory of the guy making them go with him. There was at least one guard involved and he hoped Barbara would realize what the images were and tell their mother.

As they walked into another room after going to the back of the building Topher was about to jump the guy but was quickly grabbed at his bad arm which made him wince. He lost balance and fell to his knees, gritting his teeth so he wouldn’t yell in pain. The guy in the guard’s uniform looked familiar. ”Hello… Uncle.” Maxwell grinned and pulled Topher up forcibly. ”Don’t try to be a hero if you want the others to live.” ”You’ll g…” Topher gritted his teeth as his uncle pulled down again on his bad arm pulling it out of the socket with an audible pop. He let out a small yelp and was ready to kill someone now. ”I have someone who can look at that, but if you keep pushing it I’ll just throw you in captivity the way you are and let you deal with that on your own.”

Topher nodded and got up, deciding it’d be best to keep his mouth shut. ”Good. Be like your sister and don’t be dumb for once.” Topher glared as Maxwell smirked and motioned for them to move. They were thrown into the back of some van and quickly moved away from the building. ”We’re with you now, so call off your goons.” ”Blow it.” The words were in the radio and Maxwell knocked Topher back as the boy tried to attack him again. The blow knocked him out and he grinned a bit and stared at Chris. ”Now we can converse without the idiot.”

Jack was on stage with Jenny and looked around. The kids should’ve been up on the stage already so something was wrong. He looked to the back and found Barbara staring at them with quite a worried face. ”Da…” He barely got the words out before some commotion started in the building. He knew gunshots when he heard them, he wasn’t shy to the sound and instantly went for Jenny. ”We need to go… NOW!” The other guards knew better than to pull him away from her but helped to pull her off the stage. As they made their way to the back exit a small explosion went off in front of them blocking the passage. ”Damn it…”  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:08 pm
Even as she followed the directions given to her, Chris's mind was fighting through the haze of her hangover to figure out exactly what was going on. It was obvious they were being kidnapped but for what purpose and to what end. It wasn't as if this conference was planned so that narrowed down the 'who' rather quickly. An inside job was highly unlikely considering their mother personally screened everyone who worked for her and most of them were terrified of getting on her bad side. This guy was not one of those people. Obviously if he wasn't even slightly scared of what Jenny would do to him.

She was on the verge of a name when Topher felt pain (and by extension she did too...) Her gaze fell upon a very, very familiar face. "Uncle Maxwell..." Her whisper was mostly ignored as Maxwell decided to pull Topher's arm out of socket. Chris winced at the audible pop and her brothers cry of pain but she did not move to help him. Yet. They had to play this correctly to even get out of this alive... let alone in one piece.

Of course things with this family would never be that simple. Topher had to mention the goons and of course Maxwell reacted the way that would be expected. He wouldn't keep his word and Chris shook her head. "I see you've planned this for a while. Must have already known you were going to die in a timeline to lead us here." Now she felt even more like an idiot for going out to kill him. Her impulsive action put them in this mess as well. So of course it would be her responsibility to get them out of it.

Jenny spoke to the crowd without fear. Some of them were aware of why they were there but some where just there cause they heard there would be a conference. So she quickly explained that there had been an incident and she wanted to explain it up front before anyone made any wild accusations. Of course she knew there still would be, but this would help at least. She was just about to say that Topher would come explain the situation when she noticed Barbara and then Jack both acting strange. It wasn't even two seconds later that the gunshots started and she yelled out for everyone to get out. She would normally have pulled away from Jack to go investigate, but her thoughts were more with Chris and Topher.

Barbara caught up with them and Jenny got the gist of what was going on without a problem. "Stand back." She exhaled slowly and used her mind to move the debris from their path. "Go now." They had to get out before the whole building fell on top of them but after that...

Outside was a chaos of people. Jenny looked to Jack expectantly. She hadn't asked before now about him sensing Maxwell but this would be the type of thing he'd do. If he was involved, she was going to do more than unload a clip into him.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:11 pm
Maxwell laughed noticing the expression on Chris’ face. ”You really thought you could kill me that easily? That was just one instance of myself from another timeline.” He grinned a bit and tapped the driver who activated a switch. To onlookers (at least anyone who was paying close attention) the van simply disappeared. Maxwell grinned and turned back to Chris. ”Welcome, to my time, where, your mother never pushed for Psychic rights, you were actually never born because your father was imprisoned with Frederick for betraying the people. The prisons… let’s just say if you don’t use your abilities, you will die. Your father has survived longer than I even expected for this. Your mother was always the stronger willed one but right now she’s consumed in severe depression and hospitalized by your grandparents also under protection so we can’t really get to her. They don’t really know what happened to your father, just that he went missing about… twenty years ago now.” He smirked and laughed again as the van stopped. ”Already here.”

[[about an hour later]]
Topher woke up to someone smacking him (in the face, mostly cheeks XD ), he had felt the first few but now the person was getting quite aggressive. He grabbed the hand and opened his eyes to see Chris above him. ”I’m awake, stop smacking me.” He let go of her and sat up taking his time to see where they were. The place itself looked like a warzone, though things seemed familiar to him. ”Where are we?” Though he had almost asked when instead of where, but he came to the conclusion they were still home, just not… ”Augh… my head hurts, and not from you smacking me.” He was sure Maxwell had done something and then turned to Chris. ”What happened to mom and dad?”

---------------------------------------------------
[[normal timeline]]
Jack grinned a bit as Jenny used her powers to clear the way. She normally didn’t show them publically unless she had to. He stopped for a second as a vision quickly popped into his head of her going down from a gunshot further down a bit and he knew she had probably already seen the same and quickly forced his way in front of her. He barely got to her front as one of the doors opened in their way and a man walked out with an automatic weapon. Jack rushed the guy knowing what would come and felt the bullets hit right before he tackled the guy. Before he could finish him off the other guards quickly subdued the man and held him at gun point. Jack realized now it was one of their longer serving guards. ”WHY?!” He shook the man not caring about the pain or the guards trying to pull him off to look at the damage. ”WHE…” Jack blinked as the man forced one of the guards to shoot him in the chest, ending his own life. ”What the hell?”  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 pm
Chris snarled but otherwise didn't move or say much. Her hands were tied (not literally because Maxwell knew she was smart enough not to try anything.) and she had to play her cards right. And currently it meant playing along. Not to mention she couldn't make a move with Topher just laying around. (Also the fact that Maxwell is definitely stronger than her mentally so taking control of her would be easy. Seriously he's gonna do it at some point I swear.)

"Why are you telling me all this?" Not that it mattered as the two of them were pulled out of the van accompanied by Maxwell's laughter. Of course everything they had was taken from them. She was most upset to watch them smash her phone. It was expensive and she had to pay for it herself. Being thrown into the arena with an unconcious brother was also not good. But Maxwell had said their father existed here so instantly she began to search him out.

It was much harder said than done. The emotions in this place were high and Chris thought she might puke from all the terror and aggression in the room. However she was able to find Jack and she contacted him as she did. "Hey... My brother and I just arrived and we need some help. Come find us and we can help you get out of this place." Not that she had expected it to work (and it didn't at first... she eventually had to actually explain who they were anyway to which Jack's expression was very ******** confused to "oh you're from another time" and "that's why you look so much like her") and leading up to her current position.

Kneeling next to Topher she smack him on the face softly at first but incresingly harder an finally shouting at him as well. She exhaled loudly with a soft, "Finally", before letting him get himself adjusted. This was going to take some explaining and Chris currently didn't have the patients to explain things to her idiot of a brother.

"Just shut up for a second..." She muttered, pulling his face close and holding his eyelids apart to look at his eyes without problems. "You'll be fine but I think the headache is probably due to Uncle Maxwell knocking you out a while ago." She let go and stared him in the face. The seriousness of the situation was written all on her face. However her attention was drawn elsewhere and she looked over to a man running by them. So it was time to move already. s**t... She heard Jack yell in her direction and she pushed herself off the ground to a standing position, not the least bit concerned about how it looked being in a dress. Being 'lady-like' was a luxury they didn't have right now. "I'll explain as we move, but we can't stay here." She rolled her eyes at the inevitable 'why does that guy look like dad' comment. "Listen Topher, don't be an idiot and ask questions. Just move already." She reached down and pulled Topher up, keeping hold of his hand and running after the man that looked like their father.

--------------------------------------------

Jenny also seen a flash of a vision and her gaze turned to Jack. Of course he took that moment to get ahead of her and take the bullets for her. She marched right up to Jack and pulled him off the guy. It didn't matter anyway, he was dead. "I swear if you f*cking die here I'm going to strangle you with my own two hands." She let the guards tend to Jack for a moment, picking up the weapon the dead guy was carring and peering down the hall. Clear for now. She turned back to Jack and the others. "Jack, there is only one person brave enough to attempt to do something like this and get guys like him to turn." He knew she was referring to Maxwell. Whatever the hell he had planned, Jenny doubted the little weasel was here. At least not anymore. She searched the building with her mind but no sign of Chris or Topher to be found. She cursed loudly. This definitely was planned for a long time. The headaches this was going to bring would be endless. But only if they made it out alive.

Which was more likely as by this time the police (with Frederick and his guys on their heels) had made it to the scene and were infultrating the building. They were safe at least but several dozens of reporters and innocent people were either dead or injured. Sometime after this inccident Jenny would probably ponder why the police had arrived as fast as they did but in the current moment all that mattered was that they had and that Jack was going to be okay.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:52 pm
Topher glared at Chris and sighed, there was no arguing with her. At that moment he felt a familiar presence and heard someone yelling at them. It sounded familiar and made him look twice before he realized who it was. ”What is DAD doing here?” At that moment some other shouting occurred and Topher watched as some group tackled their father and then started coming at them. ”Uhhhh…” He wasn’t sure what was going on but before he could he heard five shots go off in a matter of seconds and watched the closest guy to them fall to the floor after seeing a bullet pass through his head. ”AND THAT’S F*CKING WHY I SAID TO MOVE! NOW MOVE!” Topher blinked, their father was the one with the gun and his accuracy wasn’t as expected. Topher had to look again because he knew something was wrong and noticed now that this guy, while he knew it was their father had a full beard and looked like he hadn’t shaved in a month or so.

Aggressive Jack (as I’ll refer to him) had gotten Chris’ mental messages. In fact the moment that they were there he had felt them and knew that Maxwell was doing something with alternate timelines. He would’ve jumped out himself but Maxwell found some way to disable the time jump thingy so he couldn’t use it at all. He at first thought it was Jenny but quickly realized they were reading as both of them. Kids? Well ok, he figured in another timeline they probably would’ve had kids and if they were here then Maxwell was definitely being an a*****e by bringing them here. ”We need to move, I told Ciara I’d be back in a hour and that was two hours ago she’s probably going yell at me.” Jack put the gun in the holster and started to walk quickly to where he had left Ciara, not caring if they followed or not, he figured with not knowing what they were doing here they’d rather follow someone they kind of knew than be alone.
----------------------------------------
Jack sighed at Jenny’s threats, of course he would be ok, wouldn’t be the first time he had been shot nor likely the last time. He simply nodded at her other words and gritted his teeth. ”I had felt his presence slightly then nothing, at the same time Chris and Topher’s disappeared so they must be with him. Unfortunately we don’t know where.” He let the medic that Frederick brought patch him up a bit more than the guards did and looked at him. ”So you keeping tabs on us now?” ”I always do, seems your family can’t stay out of trouble. So what else happened besides someone trying to shoot up the area.” ”I’d check for bombs too though I think Maxwell was just playing the people thinking they were going to blow it. Mostly a smokescreen so he can get Chris and Topher without any resistance.” ”Well that’s not good, so we should probably leave the area then and let bomb squad do a sweep.” ”No it’s not, they’re gone, and yes probably, even if they were duds, some may actually still be real.”  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:58 pm
Chris should have known Topher would be stubborn and not just move like she'd said. "You don't listen ever..." She shook her head in disbelief. She was however impressed with Jack's skills. "We've been pulled out of our timeline and into a different one, Topher. That's not Dad... at least not our version of him."

Chris started forwards, picking her way a bit more carefully as they moved, as she had abandoned her shoes almost the second they'd arrived. She almost snorted at Jack's comment about Ciara probably going to yell. "Amend that statement to say she's definitely going to yell at you..." So they might have never gotten the chance to meet their grandmother but if she was anything like their mom... she was most certainly going to yell.

They made it back to where Ciara was waiting without any problems. Chris figured Maxwell wasn't paying too much attention to them or he figured they wouldn't last long so he didn't have to. That would be his mistake in the long run. Upon entereing the building Ciara stood against a wall, gun in hand. She turned as they entered and pointed her gun straight at them.

"Seriously. Gone two hours and you bring home strays. What the f*ck have I been teaching you all these years for if you're just gonna throw it all away for two...." She stopped mid rant, staring at the twins (but mostly Chris). She didn't lower her gun, instead her aim only seemed to increase. "Who the hell are you?" And the unspoken 'why do you look like my daughter' but Chris wasn't going to point that part out.

"I"m Chris and this idiot here is Topher. We were brought here by Maxwell. Alternate timeline from this one. Jack and Jenny's children. I know... its weird for us too..." Ciara lowered her gun, but didn't put it away. "I swear if either of you try anything I'm going to kill you on the spot. Are we clear?" "Crystal..."

----------------------------------

Okay so she didn't have to threaten him, but everyone in the immediate area knew that's how she admitted her love for him. She couldn't help it. "Of course he does!" She threw her hands up in desperation. ******** just when she thought things could be somewhat ******** normal... Maxwell had to go and show his head again. Jenny caught Frederick's side glance when he spoke of their family always being in trouble. It wasn't always her fault..... Mostly...

"Lets get out of here then." And just like that she was marching them straight out of the building. There was no one to stop them as all those with Maxwell were either dead or ran off. Once outside, Jenny was almost assulted with questions from those reporters around as well as medics and first responders, trying to make sure she was okay and trying to get the story on what happened. To which she just pushed all of them to the side and refused to answer any questions. Except one comment she stopped just short of the car to make to everyone present. "The person responsible for this will be found and they will pay for this attack." No one mentioned the kids and she wasn't going to say anything to anyone else about it either. This time, Maxwell and all his little incarnations of himself were going to die a very, very slow and painful death. She was going to make sure he didn't bother her family again...  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:24 pm
Jack turned and glared at Ciara. ”Don’t be a b***h about it, I’m not the one who threw these kids into this.” He looked over at Chris and Topher and shook his head. Topher glared right back. ”We aren’t kids, we are adults.” Jack laughed a bit and looked at Topher. ”Prove it, from what little memories I glimpsed out of your sister, she’s the adult, you’re still growing up. I mean how many times have you gotten in trouble?” Topher glared and got in Jacks face a bit. ”Probably less than I would if you were our dad.” ”Right… Like the other me isn’t a complete push-over, I’m sure if he put his foot down more rather than letting these two control him so much you would be a bit more disciplined.” He waved his hand in Ciara’s general direction, even though he knew she wasn’t alive in their timeline he didn’t want to bluntly point that out to her. From the memories he glimpsed from Chris he found his other “self” to be a pushover and lazy.

Topher raised his hands and sulked off. ”At least the can shoot weapons so give them some guns Ciara, their abilities will help but Idiot there is the weaker twin so he might want a backup weapon.” Topher turned around and was about to punch Jack but stopped, he figured they wouldn’t really get far if he pissed their other “dad” off too much. ”I’m guess Maxwell is just of an a** in your timeline too.” ”Yes but she shot him so…” ”Ha… don’t make me laugh. Stop thinking that time is linear, you saw the other Maxwell so you know what can happen, Kill one and another one will just pop right back up from some other timeline.” Topher sighed and found a place to sit. ”Also, where is mom here?” ”Institutionalized. She tried to find myself and Ciara after Maxwell nabbed us but he was smart enough to take us to some other timeline for the time being and her father was worried about her mental state so yeah…”

----------
Jack rolled his eyes at Jenny and Frederick. If anyone knew otherwise they wouldn’t know he wasn’t actually family. He allowed Frederick to get into their car, his team was providing more armed support to get them out of there. ”We need to figure out what happened, and that means if you can track down any of Maxwell’s movements we need to know.” Frederick pulled on his shirt collar a bit and was about to say something but Jack shook his head. ”I know you keep tabs on all of us, especially him, otherwise you wouldn’t have gotten here so fast so don’t give me any red tape bull s**t and just do it.” He wasn’t this aggressive usually and Frederick blinked at him. Jack sighed and took a few breaths. ”I’ve just been shot, some group was helping Maxwell to take out my wife, and the a*****e has my kids, so yeah… I’m a LITTLE pissed.” Frederick nodded and pulled his phone to make a few calls. Jack turned to Barbara and looked at her. ”I know they’re not supposed to with staff, but did the kids share anything mentally with you?”  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:47 pm
Ciara glared at Jack before mocking his 'Don't be a b***h' comment with an eye roll. "I didn't say you did. But these children are going to get themselves killed and I didn't spend all these years staying alive just to die for some children that aren't even mine." She muttered most of this but Chris got the gist of what she was saying. She wasn't going to trust them even if they were Alternate Jenny's children. Oh great... Now the boys were bickering. "If both of you don't shut your stupid mouths I'll put a bullet in both your skulls and save everyone else the trouble."

Chris sighed. "Don't start with him Topher." Not that she particularly liked how Aggressive Jack was talking about their father, even if they were the same person. Ciara handed Chris the hand gun she was using and gave Topher the only high powered rifle they'd managed to find. He would need it more if his psyonics were bad.

"Maxwell in any timeline is an a**..."Chris checked the gun over, unloading and reloading it just to make sure things were good before mentioning, "The original Maxwell from our time died years ago. Mom made sure to that." Or at least Chris was 95% sure that the Maxwell their mom killed was actually from their timeline. She was starting to see why this time travel stuff gave their mom a headache, it was starting to get to her too. (or was that from her hangover... the world will never know).

Chris cleared her throat. "Alright, the time for catching up is over. Topher and I have got to get back to our time which means we have to find Maxwell or at least whatever he's using to travel between timelines. Also seeing as we have no idea what's going on, a basic run down of where we are and what to expect would be good. Last question... Are there any extra shoes?" She wiggled her bare toes. If they were going to be doing any sort of walking then she was going to need shoes. Just from what they had done so far, she was a bit surprised that she'd not cut her feet on anything yet.

-----------------------------------

Jenny almost beamed at Jack for being more aggressive. However with the thought of her children being with Maxwell, her expression darkened and the car sped up a considerable amount. "Don't forget he also likes to listen to police radio as well..." That was one of the reasons he was usually the first person to Topher when he'd done something stupid.

Barbara had been quiet the whole time. Since seeing Chris and Topher in the hallway, she hadn't spoken a word to anyone. Now that she was directly asked a question though, she brust out into tears. "Topher only showed me that there were several armed men working with the guy they were with. And he told me they had to go or else things would go sideways. I didn't see or hear anything about Maxwell being there." She would have had more to say but the rest of her words were caught in a scream as a small 'pop' sound resonated thought the car and a body appeared between Barb and Frederick.

Jenny's only reaction was to tell Barb to shut up before speaking, with annoyance and anger in her voice, to the intruder. "Don't you think you are a bit late to this party? What the hell have you been doing to not have stopped this already."

Lexa's glare was only rivaled by her tone of voice, which was indeed pissed off. "Holy s**t, I wonder if it has anything to do with getting the s**t beat out of me in front of my own family. Just shut up and drive old woman." Lexa almost felt bad bad mouthing Jenny, but it had only been a few months and while her nose was perfectly fine now, her ego was not. Jenny only snorted in response. For her it had been literal years since that happened and she'd almost forgotten about it.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:13 pm
Topher glared at Chris and was about to make a “he started it” comment but decided that wouldn’t really help his cause. He now at least knew where there mother and Chris for that matter got their sarcasm from, seems to run in the family. Taking the rifle he checked it expertly and looked at Jack who was just staring at him. ”What? I get in trouble a LOT, Uncle Frederick decided a while ago to take me to the base or other shooting ranges to practice on weapons. I talked about military or police a long time ago, he figured I’d be better off having some experience then. Also told me it would be a better way to output my anger rather than doing things to just piss off mom and dad.” He shrugged and checked the sights on it tweaking them a bit as he did since they were off slightly.

Jack blinked and gritted his teeth a bit. ”Yeah, well here Frederick was turned by Maxwell a LONG time ago, I barely saw him after meeting Jenny.” He nodded and looked around a bit. ”We should be ok here, but I don’t like staying in one place for very long except at night, even then its questionable.” ”What exactly is going on here?” ”Long story kind of short, there was a psychic war, Which I’m sure Maxwell instigated in more than one way. Major cities have been almost completely demolished. The government made an agreement to allow us to live on our own, however everyone else had to leave. Barriers are set up to keep us in one place, and currently Maxwell is the leader of this one. The a** decided it was too boring and pushed us all into an all out war between ourselves. Though he said the person to bring him my head won’t be forced to participate. So most of the time we’re targeted by his followers but about half don’t really care and are in it to just survive.”

--------------------------
Jack looked over at Jenny and gave her the “no s**t” look but shook his head at the comment. He sighed and smiled at Barbara as she spoke and burst into tears. ”It’s fine, it’s hard enough to get them to listen to us and we’re the parents. You did nothing wrong.” Jack blinked as someone literally popped in and almost laughed at Jenny’s comments to Lexa but shook his head. ”Maybe next time you decide to force me to jump somewhere don’t jump me into something that I’ve TRIED very hard to forget, something that Jenny went through too helping me through the way so it would be an understatement to say she was pissed when she found out where I went. AND NO. I couldn’t leave that information out, I broke a couple of my fingers punching the wall and that outburst was her first sign something was wrong and she probably would’ve gotten the truth out of me if I hadn’t just flat out told her.”

Shaking his head he grabbed something from Frederick and handed it to Barbara. ”I’m assuming some of the staff were involved, not just the one. This was too well organized for a small group. Just mark on the sheet the pictures you remember from what Topher showed you.” He had handed her a small folder with pictures of all the security staff and a marker. Something Frederick agreed to rather than having his men on hand at all events. All the staff had to be listed in the folder with current pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:58 pm
Ciara watched from a distance. It was painfully obvious that these children belonged in their odd little family, but that didn't make the feeling in her stomach go away. Going against Maxwell was suicide. It was bad enough they had the whole f*cking city after their heads without going directly to the source of the problem. She hadn't known anyone to be able to best Maxwell's control and she was certain neither of these children would either.

Chris was also surprised that her brother knew what he was doing with such a gun but once Topher explained why, it made tons of sense. "Of course he did." She mostly muttered this to herself. Though Frederick had also done something similar with Chris once, but not to a base or anything, just to a shooting range so she'd be able to defend herself in case of emergency. They'd gone together a few times and then she started going by herself when she could. Though she had to admit she hadn't actually been in a while.

It saddened Chris to find out that Frederick was so easily turned by Maxwell in this timeline. "What makes Uncle Maxwell so violent, I wonder... Whatever the case, he has a place of operations I assume? Where? Cause that's where we need to be."

"No. Hell no, and if you didn't get it the first two time, F*CK NO! Not happening. You two are crazy... Jack, lets just leave these idiots. They can get themselves killed on their own." Chris narrowed her eyes on Ciara. Though their mom didn't talk about her too much, this didn't seem like the kind of behavior that their Grandmother would display. "So you just want to do what exactly? Just run for the rest of your miserable life? Fight off people till you either get too old to run or die because someone gets the drop on you? What kind of life is that? Just imagine for a second that we do bring down Maxwell, don't you think that's a future worth considering?" Speaking of which, as Chris stared down their alternate grandmother, she froze. A sharp intake of breath and glossy eyes were the only warning of what was coming. A vision flashed quickly before her eyes and once it passed she blinked and shook her head a bit.

Ciara was next to her in an instant, having seen a couple of others who had visions as this. Luckily none of the visions had ever lasted long enough to put anyone in danger but she was positive that this ability, while useful, was also the most dangerous out here. Once Chris was focused on the woman's face, that's when Ciara relaxed. Until she spoke about what she saw.

"We have about five minutes to be as far from this place as possible. Its a large group of fifteen or so people coming from the west. And they've got some big guns." Ciara frowned, that was a pretty large group. She quickly went over to the side and tossed some shoes at Chris. As much as it pained her to admit it, they were going to have to stick together. "Then we move now. Shoot on sight. Don't think about it. Better to apologize to family then to die because you had to think."

----------------------------------------------

Lexa scoffed. She wasn't here for a lecture from either of them. "Yea well from what I was told, you didn't even try." Not that it mattered, there was no reason for him to hide it. And while she would never admit it out loud, she was aware that her actions were wrong. Another reason Nana put so many restrictions on time travel. However she did not respond to the question of why she was there immedately. She would get there eventually.

Barbara took the folder and leafed through it thoroughly. She made a little mark next to everyone she could remember. But the person who was with the twins wasn't in the book. "Are you sure this is the most up to date list? The guy with the twins isn't in this book..."

Lexa glanced over at the book before pulling out a picture and handing it to Barbara. "And this guy?" Barbara took a look at it and nodded. "Yea that's him. Also who are you? And how did you get in the car?" Lexa rolled her eyes. "Its complicated." "Its time travel." "What do you mean time travel. What the hell has been going on in this family?" "The point is this guy is bad news." Lexa completely ignored Barbara's question. She needed this car to get back on track. "So who is he?" "He's Maxwell's right hand man from what we've gathered back home. Nana's been tracking him for a while since she can't seem to track Maxwell directly. And by Maxwell I mean the one who rallied all the other versions of himself. The "original" Maxwell. The first one to get his hands on time travel. Its hard to explain because of alternate timelines. Because we can't physically see them from back home. But anytime this guy shows up, disaster happens. Usually something we can link back to Maxwell's influence."

Jenny resisted the urge to turn around and stare at Lexa. "Did you come all this way just to tell us what we already knew? That Maxwell has the twins? Cause if you just wasted time for that..." Lexa's look made Jenny shut up. Of course she wasn't done yet. "No I'm here to try to explain to you how to get to where they are. Because they are no longer in this timeline."  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:09 pm
((Blurb of Christmas with the family. Mostly memories as this is from the perspective of an older Christine.))

This year Christmas just didn't feel the same. It was the first year Chris was away from home during the holiday season. It was weird to think about. Sure she was going home for the actual day, but she had memories of every year the family decorating the tree, setting out a couple of strings of lights and of course the inevitable snowball fights.

It was funny thinking back on it now. The first few Christmas's that Chris could recall, her and Topher would always get in trouble for breaking the first rule of decorating. Mom always had this rule about no Telekinesis while decorating the tree (or period while decorating the house). As a child Chris never really understood why that was. Now that she was away at Law School, she kind of understood. She was no longer surrounded by those with like minds. She wasn't well known but when her name was called anytime in class, she'd get looks. Of course everyone knew her mother but, she hadn't realized just how much it would affect her here. And the looks weren't about the fact that her mother was a Senator either. They were because her mother was the "First" Psychic Senator. The first one to reveal that she was anyway. And so everyone was aware that she would be as well. So it was easier to blend in when she didn't use her powers. Her mom had grown up in a time when psychics weren't even known about, so hiding it had to be second nature.

Now that she understood, it made her feel a little bad for always trying to get away with decorating with Telekinesis. As she grew older it wasn't as big a deal because they always did it without their powers, but it was only this year she was seeing just how important decorating for Christmas was for their family. The smiles on all their faces, especially Mom's face. Jenny, who always seemed to have a frown. Her face would light up brighter than the Christmas tree. Not to mention that after they finished getting the tree set up and the other knickknacks scattered about the house, they'd always go outside to string up the few lights on the roof. In her younger years, her dad would always climb the latter and hang them. Thinking back on it, Jack probably broke the rules... He hated climbing the ladder and stringing the lights. Though she couldn't recall correctly, he must have never gotten caught. It would make the most sense, as usually when they went outside to string the lights, Topher would get distracted by the snow and start a snowball fight.

And then their mom would get involved and their dad would finish and also get involved. Then the rest of their afternoon would just be snowball fights and hot chocolate. Of course as soon as the twins got old enough, Topher was usually the one stringing the lights. And it always seemed to take longer. Of course the snowball fight still happened and hot chocolate afterwards. How she longed to be home and decorate for Christmas.  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff