Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:31 pm
Topher thought for just a moment, normally he would’ve shrugged off playing the piano at times like this but something was telling him to go play. He wasn’t sure but he figured it was his brain telling him it’d calm him down, most likely help calm Chris as well. Music for the family was generally a huge way to calm emotions. He walked over and put his empty plate on the counter and then walked back towards the piano finishing the soda on the way. He normally didn’t have food around the instruments but he could levitate it away later so it wouldn’t spill. He stopped and stared at the Sax Chris had left on the stand, wanting to play it for some reason but a sharp mental “No” not from her but his own internal voice that made him go to the piano. He recognized the keys on the sax and figured he could play it but couldn’t figure out why or how, he had never learned, at least not yet, and just randomly playing it out of the blue would likely piss Chris off.

Topher decided to answer both questions. ”Trying to not kill Matt for one would be nice, he’s drunk. Which is why I’m pissed at him and he’s hitting on Chris again, and tried to attack Nate, which is why I smell like beer.” He paused at that, he was sure that was one of the only few times he’d actually taken a hit for Nate, and to have to do it from Matt, yeah, Matt’s dad was going to hear about it later. Not that Nate couldn’t have, he was just pissed that Matt was drinking in the house for one, and something just made him move, he could barely remember the first punch but when Matt threatened Chris again he was actually the one to throw the kick. He was sitting down at the piano now and paused yet again thinking about it and looked at Chris for a second. How had he moved that fast anyway? He was sitting near her then just suddenly punched Matt before the bottle could even hit Nate. His head swam for a bit as he thought of what happened and he shook it to clear the thoughts, he’d have to meditate later.

”Let me play a few to get warmed up, it’s been a bit of a rough few days so need to clear my head, then we can go at it.” He first played a Chopin piece by memory and got quickly into the feel. He looked over and knew Chris was feeding a small bit of calm but didn’t care he probably needed it right now and both playing and that would help him more than anything. After the short fast piece he played one he knew would make Chris want to go up and get her violin, considering the piece was one they have played together before anyway. He wasn’t sure if she’d actually go up herself or just use her powers to levitate it downstairs to her.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:59 pm
”We all want Topher to act more like Chris…” Not that she’d ever say that to his face. It was heavily implied in all the times she had to punish him over the years though. He just needed something to keep his focus on and keep him out of trouble. Maybe being a cop would help with that, though she wasn’t sure it would. And it wasn’t as if Chris was perfect. She had her own share of issues too. But at least she was better behaved in public...

She took the paper from Frederick and also looked over at Jack. He had said he’d get things set up and she was kind of glad he did. But he still could have mentioned he actually had done it. ”We’ll just have to keep an extra close eye on it. Too many people are already looking at us waiting for something big to happen. I’d rather not give them the satisfaction. Hopefully things will settle down in a few days and we won’t have to worry about it as much.” It wasn’t likely but she could still hope for it. She pulled out her phone with the intention of calling Aurelia to let her know it was time to come back and get them when she noticed a notification about pizza arriving at the house.

”Looks like the kids ordered pizza. Lets just go home, and get some food. The twins appointment is a little bit later and I want to just relax a little and put all this...” she kind of gestured to the whole room, ”Behind us. Frederick, I can give you an answer tomorrow but I really need to think about all this before I make a choice.” After all this, she did feel a little better about the whole thing. Maybe there wouldn’t be any other surprises to catch her off guard for a while.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:36 pm
”Yes, Killing is generally regarded as bad. I think we covered this already.” Sam glared at Amber and she shrugged. ”Whatever. But seriously, why would he attack Nate? I thought the two of them were friends.” Chris groaned and hid her face in her knees again. ”I said I don’t want to talk about it.” She missed Topher’s gaze, caught up in her own thoughts. She felt like an idiot and unfortunately thanks to the new expanded visions, she knew the next few weeks at least would be awkward and tense between the three of them. And she no longer had a choice but to have this conversation with Matt… And what the f*ck was she going to tell Nate?

She sighed, pushing those thoughts to the side for now as Topher had started to play piano. She recognized this one, not really a surprise, and like always she slowly pushed calming feelings towards him. He always wanted to rush if she didn’t and there was no need to make the piece faster than it already was. She looked up at him as the piece ended, sensing the next piece he wanted to play before he started. She stood just as he played the first note, going upstairs to get her violin. Currently she didn’t trust herself to get it downstairs in one piece with her abilities.

Once upstairs, she carefully walked around the body on the floor and into her room, quickly taking hold of the violin and tuning it quietly as she walked back out into the hall and starting down the stairs. She paused at a noise behind her, not even turning around to face Matt as he got himself off the ground and started towards her. She exhaled softly, closing her eyes before drawing her bow across the strings and starting to play with Topher, ignoring Matt’s attempts to call her name. She sidestepped him as he tripped down the stairs, but he caught himself before falling all the way down, just a few steps down from Chris so she did the only logical thing and kicked him the rest of the way down the stairs. Topher probably stopped him from hurting himself but she didn’t care right now. She wasn’t in the mood to deal with him today. She made it back into the living room, ignoring the glances from her friends. Particularly Sam, who had checked her phone and realized what day it was. She was kind of surprised neither of the twins had figured it out yet.

It was like this every year. Though if she recalled correctly, last year his dad had taken him on a trip around this time. Chris was ecstatic, it was easier for her to lose her replacement and come hang out with the two of them that week. Hell if the twins couldn’t even keep track of what day it was, either what happened to them was super serious or Topher was losing his touch. She noticed him glare at her and she glared back. ’Stop that…’ At least she wasn’t thinking abou… She stopped that thought before it got through her brain. He wasn’t getting any secrets out of her today… pesky Telepath…

As the song ended, Chris started up another one. This one was for her. She needed a “calm down” piece and whether Topher wanted to play the accompaniment or not, she was going to play. The whole time she had her eyes closed and her Empathy did what it always did, using the music to more easily influence the listener to the emotions of the song.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:39 pm
Topher kept playing and watched as Chris went upstairs. He mentally picked up on what went on, mostly from Matt who was awake at the moment. Of course he was still groggy and trying to get at Chris which made her react by kicking him and down the stairs. He pushed a bit of kinetic shield so Matt wouldn’t be seriously injured, that would make things worse. Getting the point across by both of them knocking him out would be enough, adding a injury that would result in him being out of work for a bit would be insulting and piss him off more so. When he finished he caught Sam’s glance at her phone and her surface thoughts and shot her a glare. They had been through a bit so he didn’t really give a damn about what time of year it was, though that did make sense why Matt was being a total idiot now, still didn’t excuse hiss actions. He barely caught the other thought and was about to react to it but kept it to himself. Chris had reamed him before for making Sam and Amber uncomfortable for reading all their thoughts and bluntly showing he did, that’s why most didn’t like some psychics, they never kept their mouths shut, like his younger teen self.

Once Chris made her way down and started the song he did actually join in. While it had been a while since they had played it he still remembered it. He could still feel her pushing calming sense towards him which was fine, the calmer song and that was helping. Music in general helped to calm him down and in fact his headache was going away for the most part, down to a dull throb instead of searing pain. When they were over he looked at Chris and nodded and turned back to Sam and Amber. ”More, or Music game?” The question was both for them and Chris, if she wanted to join in the music game she could but most of the time it was usually let to him.  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am
Chris let the last note linger a bit longer than necessary. She exhaled softly as she opened her eyes, nodding back to Topher. She felt a little better finally. She put her violin on the stand next to the sax. Amber and Sam clapped, Amber a bit more enthusiastically than Sam. ”Oh! Game time!” ”I’m going to pass this round.” She grabbed her plate and drink, taking them to the kitchen. While Sam and Amber had been her friends for a long while, she still didn’t like to eat in front of them. She had only just started to be okay with Matt and Nate around, and they were around much more than Amber and Sam.

”Aww. I had the perfect song for two players…” Amber pouted. Sam rolled her eyes. ”I’ll start. Then we can do the thing.” ”OH YEA!!! Take it away then.” The two had been working on a plan to actually stump Topher this time. Sam nodded. ”Guitar, Metal version of Red’s theme from Pokemon.” This was Sam’s favorite way to see what Topher could come up with. A song or artist in a different genre. Sometimes she would even set other boundaries like key, tempo or instrument, but mostly it was just to see what he would come up with.

After that the two of them would unveil their big secret plan. Challenges. Blind fold, play it backwards, play two instruments at once. The wilder and crazier the idea the better. Of course the goal was to get him to admit he couldn’t play it or to do so bad that they could have a good laugh about it but Chris, in the kitchen eating her pizza, chuckled to herself. Too bad their mom had already gotten him to do most of those challenges already. Her version of the Music game was always harder than what Sam and Amber wanted to play. Always. Especially for Topher. She was always trying to keep him busy because they all knew what kind of trouble he got into when he was bored. Too bad they weren’t actually going to do anything specific with their musical talents, though Chris had thought about it before. Currently though, she was thinking of a different path all together. But she still wanted to give it some more thought before she committed to it for sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:20 am
Topher figured that Chris was a bit out of it to want to do the music game. He did smirk a bit at the first choice though. ”Pokemon? Really? Ok then.” Considering no one else was home, their mother didn’t really like when he blared the electric guitar, his room was soundproofed a bit so he could get away with it up there. Well and partially being homeschooled he would stay up late playing music so of course their mother made them soundproof his room, Chris at least had some sense to not play late. Well his telepathy getting stronger in time was one thing keeping him awake at night when he was a teen. Though eventually he stopped playing the guitar loudly and would focus on piano or computer skills. At least that way he could do things and not make people angrier at him.

He pulled out the guitar they kept downstairs. By this they had a few though Chris’ violin was one of a kind and she generally was picky about that one and wouldn’t play a different one unless she HAD to (it had its own history). He was able to think of a quick melody even though he himself hadn’t ever really gotten heavily into the game he knew that of the age group Nate at one point had and annoyed the hell out of him with it. Having the training he did he was more into shooting or racing games. ”Ok here goes.” He smirked at Chris knowing she’d figure out what he was thinking about and started the jam. By this point he was relaxed enough that he barely felt if she was using anything against him with her empathy power, to be honest he didn’t really care, they both needed it.

He finished the song with a flourish and put the guitar to a resting point and opened his eyes back up. At that point he wish he hadn’t. The way Chris was sitting made… something inside him just flip out and his mood went straight south. He closed his eyes again trying to calm himself, for the life of him he couldn’t figure out why. He could sense that everyone knew something was bugging him already, Chris was probably going to get up and use the power right to his face. He knew with her touch with empath worked quicker. ”I…need air.” He put the guitar back on the stand and just walked out not giving them a second or responding to anything. He was sure they were asking him things but he just walked through the kitchen and out the door. His hands were shaking and he was pretty sure his eyes were glowing for no god damn reason if he were to open them.

---

The ride home was, more or less quiet. Jack made sure to shut up and let Jenny process the info that Frederick had given her and keep his distance. Aurelia made sure to not comment on how the building didn’t explode but just gave the two a quick glance as they had gotten in and knew things were, more or less probably not right. Jack was glad for the fact she could read them well enough to stay quiet when needed. As they pulled up to the house he glance up and saw Topher almost rushing out of the house and was about to groan but kept quiet for once, he didn’t want to push Jenny into another fit but she already was opening the door before they even stopped.

---
Topher heard the car pull up from the direction he was walking and immediately started walking the other way but heard his mother both verbally and mentally yell at him to stop. ”Get in the car.” ”Dad I nee…” ”Topher if you don’t get in that car right now so we can get these tests done your mother will freak out. We BOTH don’t want that so just do it.” ”Fine, you’re sitting in the back with Chris and I though.” ”Obviously, your mother is about ready to strangle you.”

Topher stalked off to the car opened the door and slammed it after he got in disregarding Aurelia’s glare for doing such to HER car. ”Not in the mood, say s**t and I’ll make you pee again.” His eyes were slightly glowing but fading off as he closed them and leaned back in the chair waiting for the rest of them, well this was going to be fun. ”Chris, Sam and Amber are welcome to stay if they’d like, but your mother wants the tests done now.” Jack was at the back door that led to the kitchen area getting Chris. Jack knew Sam and Amber wouldn’t do crap here, probably a easier place to study and do homework than being annoyed on campus anyway.  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:37 pm
Chris was in the kitchen eating. By this point she’d stopped using her Empathy directly, they didn’t really, really need it and she was trying to conserve energy. At least her headache was dying down, probably from finally eating something and the pills kicking in. She rolled her eyes at Topher, knowing what he was thinking. She actually had borrowed that game from Nate after he finished it and never finished it. Actually now that she was thinking about it, she never gave it back to him either. It was probably in her closet somewhere.

Chris stood, finished by now, and made her way to the wall between the living room and kitchen. She leaned against it, closing her eyes and just listening to Topher play. She had to admit, it was pretty good. At the end of the song she waited for that one silent moment between the last note and her friends clapping. She had been trying to capture that feeling for a while, and though it was easier to feel with a bigger crowd, that same moment still existed here. However she didn’t get the chance. As soon as his mood changed, Chris opened her eyes. Both the girls had started to clap but neither of them got the chance, each noticing his behavior change. They both stood, Amber taking a few steps back and Sam a step forward. ”Topher?”

Chris could tell just how much this was freaking out her friends, though Sam was more concerned for Topher than for what could happen and Amber more cautious of how he was going to react. Chris was stuck in a moment of indecision, her twin instinct wanting to comfort and to hold but her future instinct telling her it was better to leave him alone. As he walked right past her though, she reached out to grab him, missing his arm by just a little. It was this strange feeling like he was slipping through her fingers. There was something different between them now.

As Topher made his way outside, Chris could feel her friends gaze turn to her instead. ”Chris? What’s going on?” Finally she made her choice. She couldn’t let Topher go through whatever this was on his own. ”I don’t know…” She couldn’t keep the unevenness out of her voice. ”But I’m going to find out.” She made it to the door just as their parents got home and of course Jenny had to start. She could tell things didn’t exactly go well with Uncle Frederick then… She stood in the doorway and waited it out, by now she’d lost her chance to deal with Topher herself.

Jack came to the door and Chris nodded at his words. ”Yea, let me go run and get changed real quick.” She was still in her pjs and Nate’s jacket after all. She hurried to her room, passing through the living room and calling her violin to her so she could put it up as well.

Amber and Sam had followed Chris into the kitchen so as her place at the door was taken by Jack, Amber waved. ”Hiya, Mr. M! Long time no see...” ”Is Topher okay?” Amber was also curious but she wasn’t going to ask. ”Thanks for letting us stay, we’ll keep an eye on sleeping beauty over there but we might not be here when you get back. Sam and I have a date tonight.” Sam glared at Amber but the other girl didn’t seem to notice. ”We are going to a party…”

Chris was back in no time, having just quickly put on some jeans and a t-shirt and trading Nate’s jacket for her own. She noticed Jack’s look. ”I’ll explain it later. Hopefully before Mom starts her yelling…” Technically she’d already started if the interaction earlier was anything to go by. She hugged each of her friends. ”Have fun tonight.” Amber squeezed Chris tightly. ”Wish you would go with us…” Chris pulled back and gave a nervous laugh. ”I told you before didn’t I? That’s not really my scene. Besides with all this...I can’t.” ”Still…” ”We’ll hang out again soon, I promise. No interruptions next time.” Sam gave her a look that told her she didn’t believe her but Chris would make sure the next time it was just the three of them doing something fun.

-------

Aurelia sighed softly as they came to a stop in front of the house. Of course Jenny had jumped out of the car before she’d even put it in park. It was always something with this ********. She glared back at him as he slammed the door but didn’t say anything, instead flipping him off. That didn’t mean she didn’t have anything to say, but she was technically following the rules if she told him off mentally. ’God what the ******** is your problem now… Get your s**t together, Topher. You’re an adult, so stop acting like a spoiled ******** brat. Don’t you see how much you are worrying your family? For gods sake even Jack is getting in the middle of it and he tries to stay out of it. Just chill out, ya?’ She glanced up at him in the rear view mirror, knowing he heard her. As much as the kid was an a*****e and needed an attitude adjustment, even she was starting to worry if he was going to be okay.

She waved back at Chris as she got in the car, leaving the door open for Jack to get in behind her. She slid into the middle, gently poking Topher in his side and whispering, ”If you put in your headphones, she won’t lecture you.” She sat back and sighed softly, leaving her hand open on her knee for him to take if he really wanted her help. She didn’t want to force him to calm down if he didn’t want it. She knew full well masking other feelings with Empathy didn’t work very well sometimes, but she wanted the option to be open for him at least.

She watched carefully as Jenny finished whatever phone call she was on, looking ready to fuss some more. Jenny looked at the back seat and sighed heavily, rubbing the bridge of her nose in thought. ”God <********> damn it. Why does everything have to be such a ******** crisis all the time.” She got in the front, noticing Jack get in the back. She turned to try and get some answers out of Topher but if he wasn’t ******** ignoring her and taking a god damn nap. ”Mom don’t even start…” Chris spoke firmly but quietly. Jenny huffed, especially after Jack told Aurelia to go ahead and drive. ”Fine.”  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 pm
Topher sighed as he knew Aurelia would figure a way to break his rule. He didn’t even bother to look her way when she spoke mentally to him knowing he’d pick the thought up. Leaving the connection open he pondered exactly what to say and decided on a half truth. I had to kill people when he took us Aurelia. I’m not used to that. I knew eventually I would as a cop, but not that many. My mind is still coming to terms with that and something else happened and certain things trigger it… I’m trying my best. He put extra emphasis on things, he wasn’t sure what triggered the last one but he was sure it was Chris. The thing with Nate was another one, that was twice since they got back, well he had one episode with Matt but that was because he had somehow got extra power and had too much clairvoyance from that alternate timeline in him for some reason. He had a feeling it had to do with when that Jenny telepathically connected to him. Something else connected to him specifically too. He wondered if Chris being under Maxwell’s control blocked it from going to her and he was the path of least resistance, so it went to him.

Speaking of he was still trying to act like he was taking a nap as she got into the car and mentioned that it would be better if he had his headphones in before their parents got in so he wouldn’t get lectured. He pulled his phone out and put on a calmer playlist, one of a few classical and opera pieces. He kind of got a mental note from Aurelia that she also didn’t want her car to explode as Jenny got in and was about to start but Chris shut her down. Jack quickly followed but stayed quiet except to tell Aurelia to go ahead and go.

--
Jack was in the house and nodded to the girls as they acknowledged him. ”Mostly, not sure what is up but he seems to be. We’ll get it sorted out.” Jack finally noticed Matt on the floor unconscious and scowled a bit. Well that was going to be a interesting story. At that time Allen came in through the front door and nodded to Jack. ”He was being an Idiot and caused most of the problems himself, James filled me in on most of it. Told me you should talk to Chris later on the rest. Help me move him to the couch and I’ll stay here in the front room if Sam and Amber want to go to Chris’ room or are more than welcome to stay here.” Jack walked over and helped Allen move Matt quickly with his telekinesis it was a easy task for the two of them anyway. ”Thanks, at least that way he wont be grumpy about waking up on the floor, when he does wake up. I was watching the feeds a bit and this is the second time he was knocked out so he might be out for a bit. I’ll have the medics check him out, if he requires more I’ll get him to the hospital, though he brought this on himself.” Allen walked over to the fridge and pulled out the case of beer and set it out on the counter. ”Doesn’t really call for being knocked out twice.” ”Other things, and he’s been being really pushy with Chris lately, and his dad has been getting on him about that, hence the beer, and over all idiocy.” ”Noted, I’ll talk to her later after the checkup. Thanks Allen.”

He turned back to Sam and Amber and nodded. ”No problem and thank you for offering to stay to watch him even if he was being an idiot. We trust you both enough that you’re welcome to stay any time. I know the college campus can be a pain to get study time or just relax. If you need anything specific that isn’t here just let Allen know.” With that he nodded back to Allen and walked back out to the car. When he got in he noticed Topher in the back ignoring everyone which was probably better for the moment. Of course Jenny got in and wanted to start trouble but he just told Aurelia to drive, the quicker they got this done the quicker they could get answers later.

--
When they got to the hospital Topher was still ignoring everyone much to the annoyance of his mother. They let Chris go first since he didn’t acknowledge them at all. She kept eyeing him like something was going to happen. He was fine every other time he’d been here but for some reason today he just kept the headphones in and kept his eyes shut. The place was giving him an uneasy vibe today. He could hear Jenny and Jack quietly talking, probably arguing, most likely about him but he kept his mouth shut. Surprisingly Aurelia had parked herself between the two and him, he was sure Jack had asked her to keep an eye on he and Chris in case that happened and sure enough. She stayed quiet though doing her own work on her tablet, probably something for his mother if not just something to keep busy. Chris finally came out and was, well not herself for a bit but went right to Jenny, which at least shut her up for a bit. Topher got up without a word being said and went from the waiting room and followed the nurse who was handling the scan.

He removed anything metal quickly, they didn’t specifically require those ridiculous medical gowns unless they were already admitted to the hospital so luckily all they had to do was remove anything metal so he had made sure the only thing he had besides his tech was his belt. ”Normal steps?” The guy nodded, knowing this wasn’t Topher’s first time doing this as Topher placed the belongings in the bin and walked into the room with the machine. He was really f*cking nervous for some reason still but couldn’t place it. They would monitor him for other things as well and were talking about that as he laid down. The test started up quickly after that. It had only been a few moments before the nurses voice came in and Topher was trying just as they asked the same. ”Topher, you need to calm down, you’ve done this before, your heart rate is racing right now.” He signaled a thumbs up trying to not move his head and tried. It must have been enough as the click and bangs started after he closed his eyes and that’s when the visions of this particular hospital, himself and a baby popped into his head. ”TOPHER…”

He didn’t even know he had done it but he made them stop the test and froze them. Subconsciously his body pushed out from the bed and he stood up. They were trying to talk to him or get his attention but he still had them frozen with a command. He walked out the other way, not wanting to walk out the front where his parents would be, he needed air, and that way would be interrupted. Someone rushed in from that way anyway and he made them stop right in the doorway blocking the path. He heard the page of security and sighed. He made his way to the closes stairway and bolted up the six flights. This was one of the smaller wings of the hospital. To his surprise the roof access door was open. He pushed it open and walked out taking deep breaths. He wrinkled his nose as he smelt smoke and turned to find Zain staring with a puzzled look at him. ”I take it you’re the reason they just paged security and not because I’m up on the roof smoking?” Topher blinked. Zain was actually their doctor, even though he looked just barely older than he and Chris he knew that Zain was about Aurelia’s Age though had been a doctor since just about his age, so he was a brilliant one, which is probably why he got away with some s**t. ”Yeah…things aren’t… right.” ”No sh*t.”
--

Jack was glad that Aurelia didn’t put up a fight and just drove but sighed when Jenny kept trying to argue about every little bit. He really didn’t normally get in the middle of it but he did know things weren’t right and yelling at the kids wasn’t going to help. So when they did make it to the hospital he quietly asked Aurelia to keep an eye on Topher since he knew Jenny would most likely try to forcibly talk to him and now was not the time. So he tried to talk to her instead, whatever topic he could to distract her from what was going on. Naturally of course when someone went rushing past them after Chris was back they all stood knowing exactly where they were going. Jack inwardly cursed when security was paged. ”God damn it Topher…” He looked to Chris and Jenny. ”Jenny, you need to stay with Chris, I’ll deal with Topher.” Of course he got a death glare for giving orders but he walked away before she could argue the point. He knew Chris would keep Jenny busy anyway if she tried to get away.

Walking to the exam room he found the exam techs, the one nurse and the single security person frozen in place. He shook his head and touched the security guard unfreezing him first then the other people. ”Which way?” The nurse pointed towards the back entrance and Jack went that way. ”Sorry about all this, he’s… having a hard week, the attack and all.” He walked out the back way and turned a few times then spotted the stair door and went that way. He paused for a few minutes, knowing he should give Topher a bit to compose himself then walked up the stairs slowly. When he stepped out on the top he found Topher and Zain sitting on rooftop having a conversation and Topher seemed at least calm.

--

”I’m having visions that I’m not sure are mine or somehow are but aren’t. I don’t know. This hospital triggered them, Chris triggered one, and even Nate triggered something.” He wasn’t about to explain the Alt-Chris though he was sure what just happened wasn’t from HER. Zain had lit another cigarette and listened while Topher went on he had called security to clear the call and told them he had Topher with him before they got too distracted. ”Inner demons, trying to battle with things you know.” Topher sighed, ”Possibly, but I’ve been here before now and nothing.” ”Your father told me that during the attack you two were taken. Don’t worry there’s the whole doctor patient confidentiality so I can’t say s**t to anyone. As well he told me you had to do things that may have done… well not necessarily physical damage but mental. The mind is a fickle thing, one little twist can cause a whole bunch of twists. Whatever you went through may have unknown changes that we need to monitor.” They both turned as the door opened and Jack walked up but kept quiet for a bit. Zain nodded to Jack and Topher sighed. ”I’m ok, I take it mom is SUPER pissed now and wants to verbally have my head?” Jack smirked, ”Something like that. Good to hear.”

”That doesn’t help either in this situation though I know Jenny will be Jenny, and I can’t say Doctor’s orders no harassing Topher.” ”Oh hell I wish that’d work.” Zain and Jack both smirked. ”At least talk to her, instead of bluntly ignoring everything.” Zain picked up a tablet that Topher hadn’t noticed and checked on a few things and nodded. ”Well we did manage to get a bit of a scan.” ”And?” Jack questioned before Topher could. ”Both he and Chris have nearly doubled their mental capacity since last time which is NOT normal. But I didn’t expect it to be normal so.” Jack looked at Topher and Topher sighed. ”Extra power, I learned to… the best way is to explain is split my mind. I can focus on fighting while another part focuses on powers, surroundings, whatever. Its, scary, from what gather.”

They made their way back to Jenny and Chris and Zain motioned Jenny and Chris to come to his office and explained the rest to them. Topher stayed quiet avoiding Jenny’s glare but when he was close enough he did whisper in her ear, ”I’m sorry, I’m ok, mostly. I promise we will talk when we get back home, now is not the time.” He hoped she’d calm down enough with the promise of a talk, he knew she’d hold him to it anyway and he wouldn’t be able to back out of it, not that he would. ”More or less they’re both fine. Minus the little freak out.” Zain smirked at Topher who was looking down and handed the table to Jenny so she could see the results. ”I got these back while I was talking with Jack and Topher on the roof. Since the last scan they both have doubled their mental capacity, which isn’t normal. It is for a growing child, not someone of their age. Now I didn’t expect their scans to be normal in the first place but I wasn’t expecting that. I can run further scans now or we can simply run tests later if anything comes up.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out