Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:23 pm
Topher’s anger flared as his mother spoke and he barely kept it under control but as they started to walk off his father stopped and grabbed his shoulder. ”Don’t.” Don’t do what I know you’re thinking of doing, don’t ******** dare try it, it’ll end badly. Go to the dojo and cool off, your temper is high right now and I don’t want your mother to come back to a destroyed house. He spoke mentally to Topher as they walked off. Topher had nodded to agree to go back in but Jack knew better. As they came back in he sighed seeing Aurelia there as well, so Chris did see stuff going badly, well he figured as much. Jack nodded at the comment about the gun as well. ”Don’t normally carry anyway.” Was true for the most part, people actually found it odd that he could handle a gun and quite decently, Aurelia, Nate and Matt were probably the only ones that actually knew first hand how accurately he could if needed. ”Nate, if you’re sure Chris is ok, go make sure Topher doesn’t destroy the dojo, he’s jumped into my mind quite enough to know some answers to your questions I’m sure you have, give him a distraction.”

He got into the car with Jenny letting Aurelia drive. Well this was going to be interesting, there was a few things Jenny didn’t know that he did and he was sure that Frederick would bring it up. Yes he was there when Topher had mentioned making a helmet but he wasn’t exactly sure what it was for. The twins were always bright for their age and Frederick was around enough that he hadn’t questioned anything. ”Jenny, before we get too far, I knew Topher gave Frederick the idea for the helmet. I didn’t think anything of it at the time until now. I never figured they’d USE Topher to actually test things. He was still a kid then so I wouldn’t have allowed it regardless I don’t like it now either.” He could sense the anger and such already building. ”I should’ve told you and I’m sorry I didn’t.”

Topher walked off after seeing Nate come out of the house and watching his parents drive off. He started towards the dojo as his father suggested. He wasn’t sure if working the anger out was the best for now but punching something was what he wanted to do and going towards the house would lead to punching Nate. Which at the current moment could end very badly if he didn’t calm down. He made it into the dojo and changed (they have full out locker set up/showers and whatnot) so he’d be in the right gear and turned on a mix of his own and started to go to work on one of the punching bags. He figured one of them would’ve told Nate or someone to check on him at the moment which wasn’t surprising since the first punch he threw was a hard kinetic punch and broke the back.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm
Nate sighed, but nodded to Jack. ”Make sure Topher isn’t doing Topher things… got it.” He waved as they left and made his way back inside, dropping off the keys and things on the table and making his way back upstairs. Since Chris had effectively stolen his jacket for now, he was just going to take one of Tophers. And getting the boy some socks and shoes would probably be a good idea as well.

He made his way to the dojo afterwards, thoughts drifting back to the earlier conversation. Time travel? Nate knew their family was weird but this was absurd. He knew it wasn’t a joke by Jenny and Jack’s reactions. He walked into the dojo just in time to see Topher destroy the punching bag. ”God Topher, What did that punching bag ever do to you?” He set the shoes and socks by the door, taking off his own as well. He wasn’t really planning to spar or anything, but it was habit at this point. He faced Topher. ”Dude, chill out. Your eyes are doing that glowy thing.” Nate was pretty unconcerned about it at this point, having seen Topher like this enough times that it didn’t phase him.

”Come on, I’ll help you clean it up.” He walked over to the closet to get the broom, knowing Topher was probably glaring at him for wearing one of his jackets. ”Your sister fell asleep in my jacket and I don’t think either of you noticed but its cold outside. I swear you two should be dead by now.” He shook his head and walked over to Topher, handing him the dustpan. ”So what the hell did you mean by Time Travel?”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:43 pm
Topher sighed and didn’t bother to even help until Nate tossed one of the brooms at him. He glared as he noticed that Nate was wearing one of his jackets but it was a given seeing that he saw Nate carting Chris off in his. ”At least its not my favorite one.” He muttered under his breath as they cleaned up. He had actually had Frederick’s team develop cloth from the material of the helmet and it would withstand a kinetic blast, he made a few punching bags out of it, just hadn’t put them up yet. At the mention of time travel Topher grinned and looked at Nate. ”Be right back.” He tossed the broom back at Nate and disappeared with a pop, reappearing a few seconds later in a different position a few steps away and handed Nate a toy from his childhood. Then a thought hit him. ”Huh, your dad blamed me for stealing this when I was thirteen, guess I actually did steal it, just not then. I remember you sulked about losing it for weeks. Well here.” He tossed the collectable figure to Nate and went to the duffle bag he had pulled out from the locker room.

He pulled out the suit he had the team make for Nate to use for training so he could use some abilities without training. He could feel Nate glaring at him and turned tossing the suit at him. ”You really want to help, calm me down? Put that on, it’s made of the same material the helmet is so it will withstand a kinetic blast, that way I wont injure you much, or kill you.” He stood there waiting for Nate to sputter something or yell back at him for actually stealing the toy. It was actually one of the reasons Nate’s father stepped up their security and became better, partially one of the reasons his own mother hired their company. So if he hadn’t just done that, ”Time travel is a b***h.”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am
Nate ignored his complaining about the jacket. He would live. Nate looked up at Topher questioningly, only for him to disappear right in front of him. ”Wha…” He didn’t even have time to question it before Topher was back, handing him something he had lost years ago. He stared at it for a while, very confused as to what was going on. ”Are you f*cking kidding me?!? You a*****e! My grandfather got me this just before he passed. My dad was f*cking pissed when he found out it went missing. Mom was convinced I lost it and Dad never did really believe you didn’t take it. Unbelievable.” Well that proved that time travel was possible but not what it had to do with the family in anyway.

He glared at Topher but caught the suit, confused once again what this was for. He held up the suit and stared at Topher. ”Of course it's just my size. What? Get my measurements in my sleep you f*cking creep…” Despite his complaints, he put on the suit. He didn’t just want to help Topher get rid of his anger but also now he was pissed himself. And while his original goal wasn’t to spar, he was feeling pretty heated. ”I swear I’m going to kick your a** for this.”

Chris was still sleeping. The second her head hit that pillow again she was out like a light. However while her conscious mind was asleep, her subconscious was still awake and keeping an ‘eye’ on things. Mostly because even from her room she could still tell how pissed Topher was and as always, she wanted to make sure he wasn’t going to do something incredibly stupid. She was glad Nate was with him, though she could tell they were getting ready to spar again. It was concerning mostly because with this alt timeline s**t, Topher was stronger than before. She was concerned that Nate was going to get hurt.

In a way to make sure that wasn’t going to happen, her Empathy poked him, making him know the pain he would feel later if Nate got hurt while at the same time her Telepathy whispered in his brain ”Don’t you dare hurt him.” However unlike the normal Chris voice, this one was Chris as a child. Literally her voice from when she was younger. It was sure to throw him off and Nate took advantage of it, getting in a good first hit. ”And that is for stealing my toy you a**…”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:00 am
Jenny got in the car, unfortunately letting Aurelia drive. Arms crossed and mouth set in a tight line, she was obviously still upset with the whole conversation with Topher. She wanted to let go, to let them make their own mistakes and go out and do their own thing but at the same time the worried part of her didn’t want to let them go. She knew she would have to apologize to Topher later, but she was still likely to give him a firm ‘no’.

Her attention turned to Jack, who took this moment to confess that he knew about the helmet already. As if she wasn’t already pissed enough… ”You f*cking WHAT???” The car shook a little and Aurelia glared at Jack through the rearview mirror. ”Couldn’t have waited until the car was parked for that little revelation there. Jenny, just let us get there safely please. She heard Jenny huff but at least she could drive without thinking the car was going to flip over. Jenny stared out the window the rest of the drive, ignoring Jack and any attempt he might have made to try and talk to her more.

Aurelia dropped them as close as she could after they got through the gate. ”I’m going to… not stick around here. Text or call when ya’ll are almost done. Oh, Jack, Please don’t let her bring everything down okay? I actually like my job.” She stared at Jenny but she wasn’t looking at her. Probably trying to calm down some so she wouldn’t immediately try to strangle Frederick when she saw him.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm
Topher ignored Nates rant about the toy, that was long ago. Though he wondered how his dad would react to it suddenly being back, that would be interesting, if Nate did tell him it WAS Topher that did steal it he would probably get a good verbal thrashing, Nate’s dad knew better, though you never knew what would happen. At the mention of the suit Topher laughed. ”Moron, you work for my mom, Frederick got the suit measurements from Barbara, all the detail that has to wear suits on occasion have tailored suits, that’s how we got the sizes, we’re not creeps, mostly.” Topher blinked as he felt something familiar poke him, though more emotionally. Chris? No she was asleep so something else was up. Nate was getting ready to attack and he put up a defense but a voice in his head told him not to hurt Nate. Chris’ voice but younger it threw him off and he looked around confused, and that’s when Nate got a lucky punch to his face. ”AUGH F*CK!

Topher blinked at the sudden pain, he wasn’t used to that. He’s cute, and you so deserved that…get me out of your head, brother. Topher stumbled back a bit and completely ignored any of Nates attempts to communicate with him. What the ******** was this, that was Chris as well but the last voice was more hateful. Because I’m not supposed to be in YOUR HEAD! With that all the sudden visions of something started hitting him and Topher fell back and closed his eyes. They kept coming. Topher you need to calm do… You stay out of this… He could hear Nate in the background sounding more concearned now he wasn’t sure what was going on he was sure if he opened his eyes they’d be glowing again, he wasn’t sure though if they’d be red or white though. Your body temperature is too high, you need to cool off. Wait, that was. ”Voy?” Did he just say that out loud? Oh well. Yes, get to the pond, something is making you overheat and if you don’t cool off you’ll go feverish and into shock.

Alt Chris was beyond pissed at having Voy blocking her and sent a memory of having her mother in despair at losing a baby Topher. You did this. Topher nearly choked and sobbed at the same time at the sight of his mother like that, his father looked the same and he stopped collapsing to the ground, which wasn’t far as he was crawling then. ”I… didn’t” GET UP TOPHER, MOVE! ”I…” You’re weak, just like he was, he couldn’t handle it so he took his own life in the past and made mother and father suffer. Yo.. Topher gritted his teeth and pushed himself up, then stood up. ”SHUT UP! He stumbled a bit and made his way to the door, he couldn’t recall but Nate was still yelling at him probably, probably since he couldn’t get in close enough to help. He wasn’t sure but he thought he sent a blast at the door strong enough to send it off the hinge, but he couldn’t care at the moment. He took the steps down a bit slower, not wanting to stumble. As he turned he stopped and stared back at the door opening his eyes (white-ish) for a bit shook his head making it clear (now red).

It was cold but his body was indeed warm. Alt Chris was still pissed but at least she got some reaction. Give the powers to her, they don’t belong to you. I already plan to, today. Topher was already near the pond, which was probably freezing cold, as Nate was shouting most likely and stepped in. His important items in his other clothing back at the dojo since he changed into more appropriate workout clothing. Good. Topher closed his eyes as he felt his body temp go down after getting into the pond and calmed himself. The ******** was that? He heard Nate ask literally the same thing and opened his eyes (normal) and turned to face him. ”I… don’t really know, but it’s over, I think.” He was getting out and about to walk back to the dojo but suddenly felt woozy. ”I… May need to sit for a bit.” Then collapsed to the ground, he was still conscious but couldn’t move at the moment. Well, if Nate told his parents about this he was pretty sure they’d freak out even more so, what the f*ck was going today?  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:57 pm
The first tell that something was wrong was the fact that Topher didn’t immediately retaliate. Really the first should have been the fact that he got in a hit at all, they didn’t technically have a rule of no powers this time. ”Come on Topher! I know I didn’t hit you that hard…” He joked at first but maybe he really did… Nate took a few steps forward as Topher took steps back, concern all over his face. Jenny would kill him if he really did hit Topher too hard. He fell over and Nate was very sure this had nothing to do with him. ”Topher? What the hell is going on? You have to talk to me buddy…” Sure whatever happened this morning was weird but this was worse somehow. No time to wake Chris for this one, maybe she’d come out here on her own or something. That did seem to happen more often than not.

As Nate tried to get closer to help him up, he was pushed back. F*ck. A god damned field to keep him back from helping. He smacked it a couple of times. ”Topher for f*cks sake just let me help you!” He didn’t seem to be listening to him, muttering things to himself that Nate for sure didn’t understand. He could tell there was something more going on… If he could just get closer he could help in some way. Sure he didn’t know what yet but anything was better than this. ”Topher, man you are freaking me out. Just let me help you.” Forget Jenny, Chris was gonna kill him at this point. Especially now that Topher was pushing himself to stand. Nate smacked the shield again. Only seconds later to be glad it was there. Luckily the door couldn’t hit him because of it.

”s**t Topher… The goal was for you to not destroy things.” he muttered. He followed as close as he could but saying just inside the door, not quite wanting to go outside yet but also needing to keep an eye on the situation. From here, there was no telling what Topher was going to do. Also when Topher looked back towards him, he noticed his eyes glowing a very bright white only changing to red after a moment. ’s**t…’ Nate had never seen them do that before, though he did know about the glowing eye thing. Unfortunately it was a bit common with Topher but he had also seen a hint of Chris’s once. Topher turned towards the pond and Nate knew he couldn’t just stay inside the dojo. ”No… nononnononon…” Completely convinced that something was going to make Topher drown himself he rushed out the door after him. He got as close as he dared, but Topher didn’t actually dunk himself under and there was a bit of steam that rose from the water.

Topher seemed visibly calmer now at least. ”Gdi Topher, What the f*ck was that?” Nate’s face was only concern at this point, probably more than he’d ever shown before towards Topher at least. Topher collapsed and Nate bend down and poked him in the cheek. ”Something is seriously f*cked here. You… You said you and Chris went to a different timeline and it messed with your powers right? I think I’m starting to understand.” ”Oh Nate you have no idea…”

----------------

Chris had been asleep. Very peacefully asleep. Very much unaware of the things going on outside. Until TOPHER had to go and have his meltdown. (Not that she’s aware her subconscious kind of started it). Her Empathy picked up something in his emotions that was very abnormal and she shot out of bed. ”What the…” She didn’t even have time to finish that sentence before her phone started ringing. She reached for it, noticing it was Amber, pretty much her best friend. She answered it without speaking at first.

”OH MY GOD CHRIS YOU FINALLY ANSWERED! We’ve been trying to get ahold of you since yesterday. What the hell happened?” Amber was way too cheery for this early in the morning. Chris groaned, but Amber took that as her cue to continue. ”Anyway, Samantha and I are probably gonna stop by sometime today. That’s the plan anyway. We have so much to talk to you about. Oh and some handout assignments from class. That’s okay right? Like your security isn’t going to keep us out will it?” Chris groaned again and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Of course she had to have the most obnoxious friends in the world when she was trying to do anything else. ”Yes…” ”Good! I’ll get Sam and we’ll come over probably around lunch or something? I don’t know yet. Sam...” She pulled the phone away from her mouth as she called out for her friend and roommate. Chris didn’t like staying on campus but Amber and Sam did and they stuck together as roommates.

Chris got up, knowing this conversation was probably going to take a while, and went down stairs for more coffee. Sure she’d had a cup earlier, but she’d fallen back asleep so she was still just as groggy as normal. ”GDI Sam… Sorry Chris, I’ll call you back later, Sam is being a little b***h or something.” Chris made a ”hmmm” sound and the girl hung up the phone. Chris sighed a breath of relief. Amber and Sam had been her friends for as long as she could remember. Even after Jenny pulled them out of school, Amber and Sam still made sure to keep in contact and stuff. Though Chris wasn’t sure why. She hadn’t really ever thought about it that much.

Finally the coffee was ready and Chris debated taking the whole pot with her. But she decided against it, instead grabbing the biggest thermos they had, fixing it up and walking out the door with it. Just like before, she didn’t even thing about putting on shoes or a jacket, only she kind of realized as she was walking that she was wearing Nate’s. She could tell cause it smelt like him. Comforting. It didn’t take her too long to get where Nate and Topher were. Whatever happened, Topher was laying on the ground and soaking wet. Nate was talking to Topher and the most Chris actually heard was, ”I think I’m starting to understand.” ”Oh Nate you have no idea…” He looked up at her surprised she was even out here. She took another sip of her coffee, having drank enough now that she could at least have a coherent conversation.

Chris poked Topher’s head with her foot. ”Why am I not surprised to find you on the ground here Topher…” ”And he’s soking wet…” ”I noticed, how the f*ck do you get yourself into these situations Topher? Also, what the hell are you wearing Nate?” Nate looked offended for a moment but decided not to respond to her comment. ”Well are you just gonna lay on the cold ground all day and catch a cold or is this just a special occasion.” Another sip of coffee. ”Oh Right! Sam and Amber are going to be stopping by sometime today. I think Rachel was at the conference…” That would make sense. Rachel, Ambers mom, was a reporter. Probably one of the reasons Amber knew what happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:32 pm
Topher more or less felt Chris get up but didn’t budge as she spoke but groaned at the mention of her friends coming over, one of them had a crush on them. He also knew that James was walking towards them before he spoke ”You know the door to the dojo is broken right?” Topher just motioned with a obviously signal. ”Don’t you have the day off today, I swear mom is going to kill you all. All we need is for Matt to show up and she’ll feel a disturbance in everyone disobeying her orders and come right back to yell at you all.” ”Matt is getting drunk at a bar somewhere, not my thing. Probably going to get into a fight. I think he’s at the same bar Alex is at.” Topher groaned again, something was bound to happen probably if James brought it up. ”Speak of the devil…” James pulled out his phone and laughed at first but then started cursing but then turned to Nate. ”So apparently your cousin was there as well, her partner happened to drag her there for lunch, Alex and Matt started fighting and she well finished it, quickly, and in amusing matter. I’m not sure how Alex got his phone to take that picture.” Topher got up slowly to walk over to James who was showing them a picture of a very pissed off Matt arms entangled in some buff guy, most likely Alex with Tonya being pissed and grabbing at the phone. ”Wait, she handcuffed them together.” ”After she got their arms twisted too, Alex said he never seen a cop move that way, besides you. I guess I have to go bail Matt out before you parents get a call, they’ll probably still hear about it anyway.”

”Probably better, why were you here anyway?” ”Was going to workout in the dojo, then wash the car, someone threw a egg at it yesterday when I was driving your dad around looking for your mom. Didn’t want to do it on a day I might need to be handy.” ”Huh…” Topher turned back to Nate and Chris who probably were wondering why he was acting like nothing had just happened which was normal for him, he didn’t really want to explain, mostly because he couldn’t and if he could probably didn’t want to at the moment. Topher recalled something Chris said and nodded, ”She was, I recall seeing her there. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get asked a few off the record, on the record questions.” Though Rachel usually didn’t name names if they did give any answers that way. ”You smell like a wet dog. I need to get going, You should shower or something Topher.” Topher flipped off James before he went to go deal with what just happened. ”Small world… WHAT?!” Chris just kept staring at him Nate probably was too. ”Ugh, I’ll get my crew to fix the door, they’re the ones who built the place anyway, maybe we should replace them with ones made of the material so they’ll withstand kinetic blasts, not that we should do THAT again anyway, I don’t think mom or dad would be happy if that keeps happening.”

The dojo was actually dad’s idea once they got the land from their neighbor, somewhere to meditate and also work on fighting skills in private. Having the status they do, going to work out in public usually would bring out lots of damn paparazzi types. Topher had to deal with that when he started training for the police force, the Captain was a little irked and just dealt with it like cops normally did by putting up a barrier and moving them further back so they didn’t disrupt the training. Topher was pretty good and kept up with the training so they didn’t just toss him out for it. Plus being from the family he was they were wondering why he was putting the effort into it anyway themselves, he could tell just by their surface thoughts. After a while they all headed back to the house except James who probably went to bail Matt out before mom and dad got home and would have to deal with mom being on her warpath. Topher did get a shower, even though he half wanted to stay the way he was to deter Sam from trying to hit on him like usual, though he was sure if he did that Chris would kill him. So being the NICE brother he was he followed James’ suggestion and took a quick but thorough shower before they were to come over. While he was finishing up he ordered pizza, normally he just used the app but decided to call today for some reason. The person on the other end question the address, ”That’s…” ”Yes, it is.” ”You are?” ”Topher Mizuki.” There was a long pause, then someone else came on probably the manager cause Topher recognized the voice. ”Sorry Topher, you freaked them out, what would like?” They had ordered from the place before so the family was somewhat friends with the manager, apparently the person that answered was new. Topher made the order and hung up, making sure to order one of Nate’s favorites as well as of Chris’ friends favorites, he and Chris liked the same so it was already doubled, he also made sure to order enough for the guards that were on duty today.

He walked out and into Chris’ room where she and Nate probably were but weren’t then downstairs to find them in the family room and sat down on the couch and stared at Chris. When the ******** are we going to THAT thing with everyone being here now? They could do it whenever but he wasn’t sure what would happen, Nate he could handle being there, with the freak out he just had Nate could probably handle whatever happened as a result…probably. ”So I ordered pizza, should be here in about forty minutes.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Jack agreed with Aurelia about not being around when Jenny started off with Frederick and was walking with Jenny when a guard stopped them to Frederick’s building. He and another patted them both down and once they were cleared the first guard made a motion for them to follow. They didn’t really need the escort but Frederick was following protocol. Once we get to the office you probably want to be elsewhere, inventory or something. The guard turned to Jack but kept walking Jack nodded and got a sharp glare from Jenny but they kept walking as well. The guard knocked on Frederick’s door, ”Enter.” Jack frowned at the brisk tone in Frederick’s voice and the guard motioned for them to enter. He and Jenny did and took a seat opposite of Frederick. The guard was going to leave and Frederick noticed he was in a hurry. ”You are standing guard right?” ”You told me to do uhh… Inventory early I haven’t done that yet, sorry sir.” The guard looked sheepish at Frederick who frowned at Jack then motioned for the guard to leave, Frederick knew this game.

Frederick was about to start but Jack stopped him. ”I told her I knew already that Topher gave you the idea, so you can’t use that chip against me Fre….OW!” He felt a boot come down on his right foot and looked down to see Jenny’s boot, yes she was actually wearing boots today, not her normal office glam. Frederick grinned at Jack’s sudden pain but stopped as soon as he saw Jenny’s face and nodded. ”Fine, I’m glad you told her, I thought you would have long ago, we wouldn’t be here.” ”No, we wouldn’t be here if you weren’t using Topher as your personal guinea pig.” ”Topher is a big boy and can make his own decisions, he is an adult now.” Jack gritted his teeth, he could already tell that Jenny was going to go off on that one but he pre-empted her first. ”He can, but something like that one, should be brought to our attention first as well FREDERICK, a psychic being without powers for any period of time can cause damage to their mental stability. A team has done tests on this and you know this.”

((This team would soon become part of Chris’ team, not one of Fredericks’ but another military one))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:47 pm
Jenny was trying really hard to stay calm. She really was. Being stopped and patted down as they entered the building, she was kind of expecting it so she wasn’t that annoyed by it. Jack mentally warning a guard not to be near the office earned him a glare from her. Though to be honest, was probably also for the best. She was going to be angry during this talk for sure and there was no telling exactly what was going to happen…

Frederick called for them to enter and Jenny couldn’t help but throw a glare his way as they came into the room. She sat, arms still crossed and face still serious. So far so good. She wasn’t about to start this conversation, he was going to have to defend his actions. Jack started, sounding proud of himself for telling her that information just ten minutes ago so she stomped on his foot to get him to shut up. Her intense stare went back to Frederick. This was serious time, not ******** joke around time. She took a deep breath as the two of them started, Frederick more or less blaming Jack for their conversation today.

”Not to mention, from the way Jack said it, you got the idea when he was younger. I swear if you started testing this thing while he was still a minor...” She was still calm, but she could feel her temper already starting to rise. ”You can’t just think its okay to make something like this and use our son to test it. Regardless of what reason you had to make it. You know as well as I do that if the general public finds out you have a special helmet that can block our abilities they are going to have a fit. Psychics already don’t trust the military or the government. MY JOB is to try and bridge that gap, Frederick, you know this. How the hell am I supposed to do that now, knowing this thing exists.” She wasn’t quite to yelling yet, but her voice had gotten louder. She took a deep breath, willing herself to calm down.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:29 pm
Frederick tapped the pen on his desk after finishing the paperwork he was done with and stared at both Jack and Jenny as they started their parts. He spoke his bit at Jack but then waited for the storm that was Jenny. ”Yes, he was a teenager, I wouldn’t have tested anything on him without your say so back then and never did. We were contemplating a room to hold Maxwell in at the time even though we knew he was gone there were people that had doubts. Little blips and things that showed some of his M.O. kept popping up here and there but nothing solid. I was talking with Jack at the time about it ask him if he was sure and Jack said yes. I told him about the material and Topher was wearing a baseball helmet, I think he and Nate were playing catch and he tapped the helmet and that was it. One little tap gave me the idea, wasn’t like he drew out blueprints for it. Only reason Jack says he knows is because he saw the light go off in my head probably.” Jack nodded at this at the memory but kept silent letting Frederick explain that part.

”We aren’t testing it publicly, the only reason I had it in my car is because one of our team that has slight clairvoyance sensed something and put it there. Topher probably just knew it was there from reading my thoughts.” He would’ve added little sh*t but with what they went through the kid probably couldn’t help it. ”The testing on forcing psychic abilities isn’t widely known yet, the only way this could get out is if one of MY own team leaks it. Actually…” Frederick pulled something out and looked it over then signed it then handed Jenny the pen. ”Release of the patent from my team to you, that way you’d have the control over it from here on out, no further tech or upper research would be able to be done without your say so. Jack knows the drill because half the stuff his parent’s patented are under his control now.” Jack frowned at that, that took some time to get ready so Frederick was prepared for a blow out like this, he wasn’t sure if Jenny would go for that but it was a start, at least that way the tech wouldn’t advance without her say so. Wouldn’t stop anyone that has prior patent copies from making things, they just couldn’t advanced it legally.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm
Chris waved at James as he approached. She let the boys talk it out and focused instead on her coffee. Whatever her bodyguard chose to do on his day off was his business. Nate did take time to go look at the picture, laughing. ”That would be Tonya for sure.” It was funny seeing her serious like that. Reminded him that he probably should call her at some point soon. They hadn’t talked in a while.

Chris looked back over at Topher as he responded to something she said before. She nodded. Rachel was good at her job and she was respectful about her questions and her stories. While she wasn’t really a huge fan of Jenny’s, the fact that her daughter was friends with Chris made her more compassionate. She tried to be the “cool” mom. She had Amber when she was really young so Amber never called her mom. Everyone just kinda defaulted to calling her by her name.

Nate turned his attention back to Topher, waiting for him to say something, anything about what had just happened. He probably wasn’t going to, but it would be nice. At least he mentioned he’d get them to fix the door. ”Would still not be a bad idea to do it… Just in case.” Nate and pretty much all the guard staff liked the dojo to work out in. Private and free. And they could just go after work or before work if they wanted. Between workouts in the dojo and training on base with Frederick and his men, Nate was pretty sure he wasn’t going to be doing anything other than security work for a long time.

They all made their way back inside except for James, who did go to bail out Matt. Topher went upstairs to shower and Nate started to follow him, but Chris went to the living room instead. Curious, he changed course and followed her. ”You doing okay today Chris? How’s your foot?” Chris flopped down on the couch and stuck out her foot, sipping her coffee still instead of answering. Nate frowned, the bandage was dirty and there was a bit of blood poking through. ”Do you mind… If I look at it?” She didn’t respond again so he took it as a yes. He grabbed the kit from the kitchen and came back to find she’d propped her foot on the table to help him get a better look at it.

As he peeled off the bandage to look at the cut on her foot, she decided to pick his brain about what was going on. Obviously Topher was trying to pretend everything was okay, which wasn’t okay at all, and while she would probably poke him about it later, she figured she might as well get some info from Nate first. ”So… What happened?” Blunt as ever. Nate stopped what he was doing and looked up at her. She was staring back at him and he quickly looked away. ”Ah well… He was angry and taking it out on a punching bag. Then he tossed me this suit, said it was made out of the same material as the helmet so he couldn’t accidentally hurt me. But… I don’t know. He started freaking out over nothing, shielded himself so I couldn’t get close to help. Blew up the dojo door and decided to go for an early morning swim… Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Does it have anything to do with this time travel stuff he was talking about?”

Chris stiffened and jerked her foot back as he had dabbled it with a cleaning wipe and it stung. ”Wait, he told you about that?” ”A few things. I still really don’t get it, probably not something a normie like me is supposed to understand to be honest.” Chris frowned but Nate didn’t notice. ”Cut really doesn’t look that deep, so I think you’ll be able to pass on the stitches. But maybe walking around outside without shoes on a cold morning is a bad idea.” Chris almost commented that it was his fault in the first place when Topher appeared. She was almost surprised he didn’t say anything about the fact Nate was kneeling with her foot in his hand. She tipped back her thermos to get the last of the coffee and held it out to Nate with a pouty face for more coffee. Topher mentioned pizza though and she pulled the cup back. ”Ooooo Pizza!” She sat up straighter and Nate stuck a new bandage on her foot.

Chris looked back over at Topher. ’Might as well do it now I guess? If I know Amber and Sam, it's going to take them several hours to get here… So the sooner the better.’ “Besides…” She spoke out loud for Nate’s benefit, ”there are some things we need to discuss.” She glared at him. ’Upstairs… Your room or mine?’ She gently placed her foot back on the floor and stood, stretching. ”If you don’t mind listening out for the pizza Nate? It shouldn’t take too long to get this idiot straightened out.” She stuck her tongue out at Topher.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:25 pm
Topher had noticed what the two were doing but said nothing about it. He also overheard Nate throwing him under the bus as he was walking down the hall so when Chris mentioned having to talk to him he wasn’t really surprised. He was just going to ignore all that though he kind of had a feeling something was off anyway, that and the door being broken, their parents would notice and his mother would probably give him a good verbal lashing later. He sighed and motioned upstairs Either… f*ck if I care, though… He thought about it after a while. My room, that way if something breaks its mine and you can’t get mad at me for it later… Though if he was having power control issues he could possibly break the house at the moment so he was just throwing that out there to be nice from waking her so rudely the other morning.

”Pizza and tip is already paid for, if the guards don’t hassle the delivery person you’ll just have to sign for it, there should be enough for us and the guards so make sure they know when it gets her, but don’t let them slack off, they can get some on their break time.” Not that anything usually happened but if mom and dad got back and they weren’t or Nate’s dad was wondering about and found them not doing their job both of them would be yelled at. He motioned for Chris that they should go up and started upstairs, at least Nate hadn’t mentioned overhearing him talk about Voy, well Chris would meet that part of him soon enough. He walked into his room and sat on his bed and waited for Chris to sit wherever she wanted to. He’d have to enter her head to initiate the transfer he figured. It was her power he was giving to her but he wanted to talk first. ”I… had a power surge at the dojo, with something else. I think in that timeline there may have been versions of us there but weren’t anymore, and when that Jenny connected to me it let the power from them inside, possibly memories as well, that’s why I freaked out, something triggered one of them.”

He shook his head at her not wanting to go into full detail. ”You don’t want to know. I have a feeling from the way you act you don’t remember everything that happened and I’m glad you don’t, I don’t… want you to. Call me an overprotective a*shole but that place was f*cked up Chris and you can try to get me to talk all you want but I won’t, that’s one thing I promise I wont share with you.” He looked right at her and continued, ”You need to focus on school, and not deal with that, sure I have my job but that’s more of just something to keep me busy. Having THAT in your head will make your school work a struggle and I’m not putting you through that, kick my a*s for it later.” He closed his eyes and started to meditate ignoring anything that she’d have to say about it. ”Now when you’re ready, let me inside, I’m not forcing my way in today, we’re doing this the gentle and proper way.”

---
Mindscape a bit later:

Topher had been waiting and when Chris was finally ready he was able to join her in her head. She was pissed and he could tell though she was trying to not seem so obvious. But of course being the twin brother he could see the subtle tells that were his ques to step cautiously. ”I’m doing something that I’ve done only a few times in my head. Don’t be alarm, these are all part of me, The smart one I call Voy, my clairvoyant side, he’s more logical. The bodybuilder looking one is Tel, my Telepathy since that ability is my strongest. My Telekinesis I don’t really have a name for yet, he’s generally quiet. I know it seems odd to have names for the powers but it’d be confusing as hell otherwise, here goes.” Topher closed his eyes for a moment and three copies of himself appear just as he kind of described, Voy was a bit younger version and bookish and waved at Chris, Tel just shrugged, and his Ken just stayed quiet. ”Hello, well I think we need to teach you to do this so that we can properly give you the power back that’s yours so idiot here doesn’t have those power outbursts.” Topher was about to say something but Voy just waved him off and walked over to Chris and started to explain how to do the process, since he’d probably explain it better than Topher. ”Nerd”

Voy: #1560BD
Tel: #5218FA
Ken: #0000EE  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:45 am
Jenny frowned but stayed slient as Frederick started to talk. If he was telling the truth, it was good to know that at least he didn’t go behind their back to test this thing while Topher was still a minor. Still, even though Topher was an adult now she still didn’t like it. No matter how old he was, he was still her child. Still, she found throughout his explanation that she wasn’t as angry as she was at first. At least not directly at Frederick. She closed her eyes and sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. This was already giving her a headache.

She looked back over at Frederick and scooted to the edge of her chair to take the pen, confused at first. She looked over the paperwork quickly as Frederick explained and she hmmmed lightly. Regardless of the fact that Frederick trusted his team not to leak any of this, didn’t mean there wasn’t going to be a point where it still got out. If she put her name on this and it got out… Dates didn’t matter. It would look like she had a hand in all of this. But at the same time, if it got out she knew about this and didn’t stop it… She wasn’t sure which s**t storm would be worse. Finally she set the pen back down without signing it. ”I need to give it some thought. Just a couple of days.”

Besides… ”What all does this cover? What have you already done with it, at this point its need to know Frederick, don’t you dare try to tell me its not.” She just needed a clearer picture of what she was going to be getting herself into with this. Topher had mentioned materials of some sort to help build a house but she didn’t think that could be all. This area was something Jack had more expertise than her so she waited for his input too.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 pm
Chris nodded at Topher. Nate kind of hated it when they did that, talking to each other mentally and all that. Though by now he was used to it. He waved his hand to show he understood what Topher said and took a spot on the couch as they went upstairs. He hadn’t planned to stay longer than to drop off the cup but he had nothing else to do today and hey! Free pizza was always welcome!

Chris followed Topher upstairs and took a spot next to him on the bed. Whatever they were about to do, she’d rather be comfortable than sitting in a chair. She tilted her head as he spoke. To be honest, she hadn’t expected him to just outright tell her what happened. ”But…” She stopped and shook her head as he continued to say she didn’t remember. She really didn’t. But that didn’t mean he had to keep all of this to himself. It was obviously not good for him and she worried about him. She was a big girl, she could take it.

”Fine, I’ll agree for now. I… I haven’t decided for sure, but I think I might apply for law school here soon. I don’t know, something about going into law just feels right the more I think about it. I haven’t told mom or dad yet, like I said I’m still thinking about it. But even still, if you ever feel like its too much for you or I hear you’re having issues, I’m going to come asking to be in the know. I already don’t like that you are keeping it from me but I’ll deal.” She was annoyed but she relaxed anyway, ready whenever he was.

-----

In the mindscape, Chris was pacing. While her conscious counterpart was more annoyed, she was more worried. He also wasn’t telling her what she wanted to know and that kind of pissed her off, though when he entered, she tried her best to hide it. It shocked her a little to see the different versions of Topher, exactly as he had described them. ”I mean I kind of figured it out already to be honest. Yesterday when I heard your voice,” She pointed to Voy, ”In my head. Speaking of, what the hell was that Topher? I didn’t see how it started, just heard a voice calling for help and when I got over to you and grabbed you, you passed out…” Though she kind of expected he didn’t know.

She let Voy explain it to her anyway. ”I… don’t think it's going to be exactly the same way but I get how you did it. I can’t separate myself from my abilities the same way…. Just watch.” She closed her eyes for a moment. Her whole body glowed and split into four separate versions. The first looked almost exactly like Chris. Except that she wouldn’t stop bouncing up and down. More energy than she knew how to deal with. ”TOPHER!” She exclaimed loudly and ran up to hug him. However not two seconds into the hug, she pulled back and smacked the back of his head, looking ready to fight. ”I can’t believe you….mmmfmmfphs…”

The second form also looked extremely close to Chris. Except she had a very blank expression. She stood straight and obviously was the very logical one. She had come up behind the other and grabbed her mouth to shut her up, dragging her back away from Topher’s copies. ”Please pardon Empathy, she does not know how to behave herself.” Em broke out into tears and the other let go of her mouth at least. ”I just wanted a hug…” The other two were the least ‘Chris’ like.

One was almost vibrating in place. Blurry and like she was composed of many of the same person all doing different things at the same time. The last was a younger Chris, hiding behind the other’s legs and peaking out at the versions of Topher. ”That would be Clairvoyance and Telepathy.” Em struggled to free herself from the Logical one’s grasp. ”Oh I know! Nicknames! Em, Kenny, Claire, Pat! It’s perfect!” ”Empathy, I do not think nicknames will make this any less confusing.” ”It’s Em now! I won’t answer to any other name!” Em crossed her arms and pouted. ”Emp…” Em coughed. ”Empa…” She stomped her foot on the Logical one’s toes. ”God damn it Em just ******** stop for three seconds would you.” Glee crossed Em’s face as she broke free from Kenny’s grasp. She did a little salute. ”You got it Kenny!”

Kenny sighed, they were getting nowhere with all of this nonsense. Names didn’t matter. That’s not why they were there. Claire approached carefully… to say they walked wouldn’t do it justice. Pat stayed as close to Claire as they physically could, which to be honest wasn’t that close. With Claire’s constant state of motion, she couldn’t be too close. Pat moved away from Claire and hid behind Kenny instead. ”I don’t like it…” Her voice was soft, almost a whisper. Now that she was closer it was easier to see the bandage across her face and the wraps on her little arms.

#9457EB - Em
#8B008B - Kenny
#A77BCF -Pat
#B272A6 -Claire  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items