Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:26 pm
Topher didn’t even acknowledge her fist question but glanced up at the second and grinned. ”Maybe…” Of course he had but not the way she was thinking. At Nates comment he turned and flipped him off and went back to installing all the apps back on the phone from the backup. ”Sometimes by Chris and I, though this time Dad wrote the security algorithm, he was pissed that you guys were able to hack it more so us and wanted it harder. He owes me a hundred bucks though, he thought it’d take you longer to hack. I’ll have to tell him to make it harder next time.” He stuck his tongue out at Chris and turned to Nate before he could speak up. ”Yeah he does. Gram and Gramps pretty much modernized Frederick’s R&D, Dad still handle’s some of the proprietary software updates from time to time to keep the hardware code up to date with the newer stuff so it will function right.”

He stopped for a moment and thought about it then went back to explaining. ”You’ve grown up with us so I know you’ve seen him help us with our work, so don’t tell me otherwise.” He wanted to throw something at Nate, sometimes the guy was to oblivious at times. ”He would’ve finished college with a few degrees had it not been for what happened. And now at the moment he plays the humble and dim guy letting mom have the spotlight because he simply doesn’t want the attention. It’s her show at the moment with her career going the way it is so he doesn’t want to take away from anything she’s doing. Sure he helps advise in anyway he needs to but most don’t publicly see that or will.” He wasn’t sure why he felt the need to explain all that but he did and went back to his phone. He knew Chris would still bug him about what happened with his emotions but he didn’t want to talk about it with Nate right there. Later… He sent her a mental note hoping at least she’d back off for now.

Something was at least different now, his control at blocking some of the mental noise was getting better even now. So the psychic imprint probably had something to do with it but he didn’t even want to think about it right now. He turned to Chris and frowned, ”You need a shower just as much as I needed one.” Then looked to Nate and shook his head. ”No sharing.” He dodged any attacks from the two after that for the comment, knowing they’d both try something. He was going to get his a** kicked for harassing them one day but they were being either oblivious towards each other or Chris was still trying to dodge the emotions so he wanted to force the conflict anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:30 am
Chris’s pout stayed in place. He was being sly about it, she knew it wasn’t really his code. Topher’s code had a tell, an easy way to know how to get past it. At least easy for her because she was used to it by now. So when he mentioned that Jack had written it, she made an Ahhhhhh sound. That would explain it, at least in part. ”If I had known he did it, it would have taken half the time.” Jack’s code was always deceptively basic. At the surface it looked like something from a tutorial but a closer look and it was more complicated than that. Chris’s own code tried to mimic it at times, but never having quite the same touch.

Nate stared at Topher. ”You have got to be kidding me…” Sure he knew Jack was smarter than he led on but seriously? Chris nodded, letting Topher do all the explaining. She was double checking her apps and things were right. New phones were always a pleasure to play with. Nate shrugged at Topher’s comment. ”I mean I’ve seen him work with you on stuff, but I guess I never really thought about it. That explains how an idiot like you can be so smart though.” Any reaction from either of them was lost though as Topher made a comment about Chris taking a shower. It was true he normally didn’t see her like this but that was fine, this was their home after all.

However at his second comment, Chris jumped at him. ”I SWEAR TO GOD TOPHER I’M GOING TO KILL YOU…” He evaded her grasp and Nate stood to help. This a*****e was going to get it. Nate moved behind him so he couldn’t escape through the door and Chris had a wicked grin. The window behind her opened on its own and Nate nodded. Together they were easily able to overpower him and toss him out the window. Chris brushed her hands together and shut the window with a smile.

”Nate, Thank you for your service. I think I am going to go take that shower though.” She waved as she left, picking up her phone from the bed and heading to her own room. Nate was left all alone in Topher’s room for a moment and just shook his head. Topher never seemed to tease him directly unless Chris was in the room. He was unsure about his feelings for Chris and even so, he knew Matt’s intentions and he didn’t want to get in the way. He sighed softly before exiting the room and heading downstairs to the living room to wait for Topher to make his way back inside.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:36 pm
Topher dodged quickly but as he was going to the door Nate blocked it. ”Damn.” He wanted an escape and heard his window open and noticed Chris’ grin and cursed again. He backed up as they both gained up on him. Sure he could probably overtake them at the moment but he didn’t want to try anything in his current state and overdo it. He purposely let them throw him out the window though he couldn’t get a shield up quick enough to protect him as he hit the ground after falling. ”OWW… F*ck.” He heard chuckling behind him and groaned. ”What’d you say now?” Aurelia walked up besides him and looked at him not even bothering to offer him a hand, to which he flipped her off at that she stepped on his hand pushing down hard and walked off as he heard cars pulling back into the driveway ”You’re EVIL!” ”You only get what you deserve.”

--

Jack was almost done eating and nodded. ”Topher will make a good cop, I know you don’t like the idea but he’s too restless for school, he’d probably cause more problems then be actively productive. As for Chris, I don’t doubt that she’ll be doing something along the same lines of you if not in the same area, maybe not full on political but at least helping to make things better.” He noticed someone getting up from a table and then noticed they looked slightly familiar. A quick mental check he knew they were a reporter and he gritted his teeth. James was already coming at them to stop but the reporter was having none of it and sat down at a nearby table and glanced at Jenny ignoring Jack. ”Mind if I ask you questions?” ”Yes.” ”Was asking the Senator.” ”I don’t care. We’re trying to relax, you’re ignoring our bodyguards, interrupting a private meal, I for one am half tempted to have you thrown out.” ”You cant.” ”Actually I grew up in this town, I went to school with the owner, and am still friends with him. I’m pretty sure interrupting us on a date after what happened would be considered quite rude, so I’m asking you to leave.”

The reporter was still staring at Jenny but turned to Jack and stopped. She quickly got up and left not saying anything afterwards. Jack was quiet afterwards though knew that Jenny had turned to him and noticed his glare at the woman. He still had some issues with reporters butting in but usually let it slide but tonight he wasn’t going to let it. James drove them back home afterwards and they did stop like he promised. Just as they were pulling in they saw Topher go flying out his bedroom window to land on the ground in front of Aurelia as she was walking up to the cars as they pulled in. ”I don’t want to know. He probably pissed off Chris.”  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:57 am
Jenny nodded, Jack made a very valid point. She focused on her food but glanced up at someone approaching. She recognized the lady immediately and her expression darked just a bit. Jenny knew James wouldn’t be able to stop this woman and mentally prepared to shut her down but she didn’t have to this time. Jack, and all his wonderful glory, pretty much told her to ******** off. Jenny smirked, making no comment the whole time. Jenny winked and waved as the lady thought better of trying anything and left them alone.

They made it home just in time to see Topher falling from his bedroom window to the ground below. Jenny put her hand over her face and sighed. ”Can’t we go one day without everyone trying to kill each other.” She got out of the car and shouted at the body on the gound. ”Topher, get up off the ground, you look like an idiot.” Nate opened the door and waved towards Jack and Jenny. He heard the cars pull up and figured he’d come out to meet them.

”Nate, good you are still around. Where is Chris?” ”Went to take a shower.” ”Good. We have a lot to discuss. James, Aurelia, Matthias, Nathanial, I would appreciate it if you also stick around. We all need to be on the same page here.” Normally she would run things by Barbara before having a family meeting about things like this but Barbara had turned her phone off, probably still too overwhelmed. The rest of her team had already approved the story but it felt weird not having Barbara’s input.

Chris didn’t usually take long showers anymore. She would rather be in and out quickly, getting on with her day. But this was the first time she was alone since they came back. She was fine up until the water hit her. Then it was like everything the past day hit her all at once. She let out a sob but made sure to keep her Empathy in check. No one else had to know of her break down. She wasn’t even sure why she was crying, figuring it had something to do with what she couldn’t remember.

She sat down in the floor and hugged her knees to her chest, letting the water run over her. In her experience it was just better to ride these things out than to fight against them. Five minutes of crying later and she didn’t necessarily feel better but she had calmed down at least. She got up and finished her shower. It felt really good to be clean and at least her hair wasn’t going to look like a complete mess anymore. However it was knotted pretty bad and that was going to take some effort to get out.

Chris made her way down stairs.. She made sure the bring the coffee machine and things back with her, making another cup on her way down. She set the stuff down in the kitchen, walking up behind Nate to poke her head out the door as well. ”Did Topher learn is lesson yet?” Knowing her brother, the answer would be no, but she figured she’d ask.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:25 pm
Topher rolled over and got up slowly as he mother spoke. ”Well thank you for your concern mother…” He muttered under his breath. ”You mean his normal state.” Matt got out of his car and was walking up to Topher and stopped as Topher started to get up. His eyes were glowing, literally. ”Ummm…” Topher had actually started to get up but once he heard and saw Matt something in his head exploded and he went somewhere. He could hear Voy and Tel literally yelling at him. Visions kept flying past him and he saw himself punching someone, ok, then everything just flew by in a blink which made him wince. He heard Voy yell at Chris in his head which was and odd thought. CHRIS HELP! If he was having visions why wasn’t Voy controlling them, Cause you are… aren’t He heard Tel say, he was probably sure Chris heard that too. Well that’d probably confuse her. Voy and Tel had a voice similar to his but slightly different.

I can’t anchor him… Outside his head Matt just watched as everyone stopped. Nate wasn’t sure what was going on but Chis quickly rushed past both of them and shoved him roughly out of the way to get to Topher and grab him. Once she did three of the cars seemed to slam down to the ground, he didn’t even notice that they have lifted up at all, nothing rocks and pebbles seemed to fall as well. ”The f*ck?” ”When did you learn Chinese?” Topher looked at him and then passed out in Chris’ arms.

Jack was about to go in but once he felt something happening he stopped and looked at Topher as he got up. His eyes were indeed glowing, more so than he’d ever seen. He went to step forward just as Chris rushed out of the house and grabbed Topher. As she did everything turned back to normal, well relatively. What the ******** indeed. He looked at Jenny, knowing full well she’d be ready to freak out and just shook his head. ”I’ll get a full scan ordered tomorrow he needs to REST. Nate, grab the…” He stopped considering what he was going to say, knowing how Jenny felt about it but he didn’t want Topher to wake up with everything going on right now unsure how to go about it. ”Grab the helmet…” He said quietly finally.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:42 am
Whatever the answer to her question was, Chris didn’t hear it. She was in the middle of taking a sip of her coffee when she heard a voice yell in her head that sounded very similar to Topher and she could feel his distress, even though she couldn’t see him. She dropped her cup and it shattered on the floor, splashing what was left of the coffee on her and Nate’s legs. She didn’t even notice as she gently pushed past Nate, cutting her foot on one of the smaller pieces in the process. She rushed out the door and over to where Matt was just standing there like a moron. She pushed him a lot rougher than she really meant to but her first concern was Topher and he was in her way.

”Topher?…”She reached out and grabbed him without pause. She wasn’t exactly sure what was going on but from what she gathered from Topher’s voices in her head, he needed a physical anchor to bring him back from whatever the hell was going on in his head. Luckily it worked. Chris jumped a bit at the sound of things falling around them, and the sound of the car alarms sounding at the same time, but the was still able to kind of catch Topher as he collapsed in her arms. Her knees buckled and she fell down on them hard, holding Topher’s head to her chest and just whispering ”It’ll be okay… You are okay.” over and over. It was more to reassure herself than him, as he was totally and completely passed out at this point.

Nate couldn’t see what was happening with Topher, only Chris pushing past him slightly to rush over to him. He did however notice the cars and some other things floating. ”Uh… Guys…” He was starting to mention it when they suddenly fell, setting off the alarms on all of them. ”Shut those things up already!” Jenny shouted. Nate sighed and fished his keys out of his pocket to turn off his alarm at least and both Matt and James did the same apparently, as the whole area fell into silence again. He looked over at Jack and tilted his head, trying to figure out what it was Jack was asking for before he said it. It took him a moment before it clicked and he nodded, rushing back inside to do as he was asked.

Jenny started walking towards the house, only to stop as Chris rushed out of the door. Her eyes followed her all the way to Topher. ”s**t…” Glowing eyes was always a bad sign. A trait found only in high level psychics and more so in their family. A symbol of loss of control or intense anger. But whatever Chris did calmed him down and he was out… again. Jenny sighed, things couldn’t just be normal for five minutes around here.

She frowned and stared at Jack, hoping he wasn’t going to say what she thought he was going to say. She’d almost forgotten about being angry at Frederick but now it came back full force. Still she relented, they didn’t know what was going on and the helmet helped earlier so it might help now. Nate ran out of the house with the helmet in hand and rushed over to where Aurelia, Matt, Chris and Topher were.

Matt walked up behind Chris. ”Chris, your foot is bleeding…”” She didn’t acknowledge him, he wasn’t even sure she heard him. Nate gently grabbed Topher from her and slipped the helmet over his head. ”Aurelia, grab his feet and help me take him to his room.” He glanced over at Chris who still hadn’t moved, concerned she was going to pass out too…

Matt sighed and plucked Chris off the ground, carrying her bridal style. That seemed to snap her out of her own thoughts and she wiggled to get free, smacking his chest several time. ”Put me down a*****e! I can walk just fine on my own…” She wiggled her toes and finally noticed the wet blood between then. ”I don’t think so…” ”Don’t you dare get blood on the carpet… take her to the kitchen and deal with it there.” Chris crossed her arms and pouted, but didn’t resist anymore. She hated feeling like she was helpless but it was faster to let Matt carry her than to try to limp there herself.

Jenny sighed, this just confirmed her suspicions that she needed to get Topher and Chris excused from work and school for some time. Tomorrow she would go talk to Frederick, but today, she was going to go make some phone calls.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07 am
Jack knew Jenny wouldn’t be happy but he decided to help her out. ”I’ll call Topher’s work, you can deal with Chris’ school, I’m sure if you called the police office right now they’d likely want to drag you down for questioning and we’re kind of tied up.” He motioned around as Matt forcibly carried Chris, which was probably going to end violently somehow and Nate and Aurelia carried Topher back into the house. ”I’m better at dodging questions when I’m not the one they want to directly question.” Though he knew Jenny could probably dodge it right now he just didn’t want her to have to deal with it on TOP of having to put in a request to give Topher time off. He figured he could play it off that Topher was injured during the escapes of the day and needed at least a few days off, and considering he’s family he probably shouldn’t be on the investigation anyway as a conflict of interest.

That and he knew the people just as well, though Jenny had more pull with her position but considering. He started to put the call in anyway. Matt carried Chris in and ignored her threats under her breath but blinked at Jenny’s comments but followed directions anyway. Didn’t they have a carpet cleaning business they owned or was on stand by or something, he wasn’t going to be a smartass to Jenny right now. He plucked Chris down and put her on the island counter and pointed at her ”Stay…” He figured she’d try to get up and walk out with as stubborn as she could be, but he was just grabbing the first aid kit. He came back and examined her leg a bit more, the docs could do more if it was serious but all the guards were trained to handle quick stuff. He noticed a chunk of ceramic stuck in and pulled out tweezers. ”You break your mug?” Looked like the right color, minus the blood, he showed her the tweezers letting her know he was going to pull it, it didn’t look like a big piece but he didn’t want to bandage it with it in there.

”Might hurt a bit.” He pulled it out as gentle as he could and got some cotton on it to stop the blood. ”This will sting, but don’t want it infected” He pulled out a alcohol wipe and swiped the area as quick as he dared so it wasn’t sitting on the cut for long. Pulling out a normal bandage he put it over the area, it wasn’t enough that he thought she’d need stitches but it was enough to bleed all over. ”I’d have the doc check that tomorrow, see if he think it needs stitches, it looked shallow to me but I’m no medic.” He offered her his hand to help her off the counter and sighed, at least the job was never boring.

Topher is just out…[[ooc: yes that’s all you get for Topher XD ]]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:21 pm
Jenny nodded towards Jack. He had a point… She really didn’t want to call them so she was glad he offered to take that off her hands. She pulled out her phone to call the school while everyone else went inside. The conversation with the school was actually shorter than she expected. The dean promised that Chris would be excused from all absences this semester (Jenny spun it to make it seem like a family matter… which it kind of was…) and praised Chris’s bright mind, exclaiming that he hoped she would find her path soon. Jenny would probably talk about it with her again soon, but she didn’t want to pressure Chris into choosing a path if that wasn’t what she wanted.

Chris pouted the whole way to the kitchen, muttering different ways she could think to murder Matt in his sleep. They’d known each other 10 years now and he still pulled s**t like this, knowing full well she didn’t like it. She turned her face away from him as he set her down on the counter, arms still crossed. She turned and stuck out her tongue at him as he turned around to go fetch the medkit. By now she could feel the ache in her foot, so she wasn’t planning to go anywhere just yet. He bent down to look at her foot and she kicked out, hoping to catch him off guard, but he just caught it and held it still so he could look at it. She pouted again.

”Maybe…” She answered his question without really answering it. She watched carefully as Matt pulled the piece of ceramic from her foot. She bit her lip, it did hurt a bit and as a reaction she tried to jerk her foot back but Matt’s grasp was too strong. As he put the bandage on, she tried again to kick him with her other foot this time, but he blocked it too. Drat… She was getting too predictable. It was frustrating that she couldn’t get a reaction out of him. He was too damn nice, too good at neutral responses that diffused anger… She hated it…

He stood and commented about having the doctor look at it tomorrow but she smacked his hand away and stayed put, swinging her legs. Her gaze was behind him as Nate and Aurelia came down from Topher’s room finally. Aurelia laughed, as they walked into the kitchen. Nate had a smirk on his face as well. ”Want me to hold him down for you, Chris?” ”F*ck you, Nate…” ”Oh! Can I help!” Aurelia paused for a moment and broke out into a grin. ”With the holding down part… not the other part…” Her grin widened. ”Besides Matt, that’s not how you pick up a lady.” Aurelia walked up to where Chris was sitting with a smirk. She took a small bow.

”May I?” ”Yes, Milady” Chris held out her hand and Aurelia gently picked her up off the counter. Chris leaned into her chest for added benefit and Aurelia did a little spin before setting Chris back on the counter. Both broke out into laughter and Matt didn’t have time to react as Jenny walked into the door, having heard at least some of the last bit of conversation. ”Do you all have to act like children all the time…” Matt started to protest that he was in no way a child but no one was listening.

James made his way into the kitchen with the dustpan, having been courteous enough to clean the broken cup for them. Jenny just sighed. ”At least while I have you all here in one place, let me just say… Nathaniel, Matthias, Thank you both for your work today. It's your day off, you didn’t have to be here but you still are. So I’d like you two to take off tomorrow as well.” They looked like they were going to protest and she glared at them, making them stop. ”Just… take the day off. You deserve it. James, Aurelia, that goes for you two as well.” Aurelia did a fist pump, obviously excited about a day off. ”Now, Go home. All of you. Chris and I need to have a conversation…”

The others cleared out of the room so it was soon just Chris and Jenny. It was quiet between the two for a few minutes. They hadn’t had a proper talk about any of the things that had happened recently so neither was really sure exactly where to start. ”Mom…” Chris started but fell silent. She expected to get yelled at for her recent actions but Jenny just walked up to the counter where she sat and planted a kiss on her forehead. ”I know Chris. You are too much like me. Too proud to ask for help even when you know you need it. Always trying to keep everyone else safe and out of trouble that you do things you aren’t proud of. I know, because I’ve been there. You don’t have to keep it all to yourself.” Chris nodded. It wasn’t as if she didn’t know this but it was hard to act on it sometimes.

Jenny patted the top of Chris’s head. ”Now I talked to Topher earlier about this but I want to hear what you say. What happened in that alternate timeline Chris?” Chris averted her gaze from Jenny’s face. Topher had already told her everything so what else could she possibly need to know. Besides… ”I don’t know.” ”Chris…” ”No, I mean I literally can’t remember anything that happened. Its not like the memories are fuzzy, they just don’t exist. You probably know more than I do at this point.” She finally turned her eyes to meet Jenny’s and Jenny could tell she wasn’t lying. From what she gathered from Topher, it was probably better that way.

”Is that all you needed?” Jenny frowned, not wanting to end the conversation but that really was all she needed to talk about. ”I suppose for now. Just remember you can always come talk to me or your father if you need. Oh! One more thing, I was able to get you excused from school for the rest of the week.” Chris made a displeased face. ”Mom everyone in class already thing I have an advantage, this is just going to make that worse…” ”Yes but they aren’t so willing to lose a bright student like yourself, even without my influence. Speaking of…” Chris sighed. Here it comes again. ”Mom, I don’t know. I’m still thinking about it. I’ll have it figured out soon… Hopefully.” There was the inkling of a feeling somewhere that she’d already made up her mind but she didn’t want to think about it tonight. Tonight was going to be all about getting the knots out of her hair and catching up with homework she’d been neglecting. And then possibly abandoning it to binge watch a show or something.

Jenny sighed. ”Fine.” Another smooch to the forehead. ”Go have fun.” Chris hopped down off the counter and hobbled her way upstairs to spend her evening in peace.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:21 pm
[[ooc: my part for the time skip... my brain wouldn't shut up]]

Time: morning ||

Topher had actually slept pretty soundly for once, well since they got back, usually his dreams were random to whatever the ********. He woke though feely like utter s**t and groaned while pushing himself up. When the ******** had he got back to his bed and how? He didn’t remember anything after falling, no being pushed out his window by Chris and Nate, though he recalled he survived that and was getting up then… nothing. ”…” He wanted to curse but right now he just didn’t even bother. He took the helmet off slowly cause it was bugging the hell out of him, at least he recalled doing that fast hurt like hell. The mental noise was minimal today so either there wasn’t many around or he had gotten some control over it somehow. He felt, hungover though, at that thought he suddenly got up and rushed out, walking past someone. ”Topher?” Topher ignored whoever it was and rushed into the bathroom and threw up. ”Ughhh….”

The last time he felt like this was from what they call psionic power withdrawal, from using too much power at once, what the ******** happened? He got back up and bumped into someone, Nate at a glance after he finally looked up and went back to his room. He could’ve sworn Nate yelled his name but he didn’t care at the moment. He grabbed the trumpet he only had for a few weeks now and his phone and headphones and was about to go out the door but found Nate in the way as he opened it as well as his dad. ughhhh ”Stop being mute and talk a bit, what’s up?” Topher just sighed, or glared, he couldn’t think straight and held up the trumpet. As his father and Nate took a step back it was probably a glare. His eyes most likely glowed for a sec, well ********. He pointed at the window meaning he wanted to go outside, he wasn’t sure why he didn’t want to talk he just didn’t ******** feel like it at the moment, plus his breath was probably horrid. ”Topher, its fall, and early the temp is a bit chil…”

Topher still had his hand pointing at the window as it opened interrupting Jack and he turned since they were in the way. ”Hey… wait.” Topher ignored both of them and stepped out his window (literally) using telekinesis to make steps as he went down. To any guards watching his movements as he did this were rather graceful. Jack quickly followed, and his weren’t as he was trying to catch up and a bit rusty using his powers. Topher got to the ground quickly and walked at a brisk pace as he pulled up a song and put it on repeat for a bit getting to where they had a spot set up where they would have bonfires occasionally when the weather allowed late at night in a well open clearing. ”God damn it Topher…” Jack was having a hard time keeping up, considering he had fell part of the way trying to hurry to catch him.

Topher stopped at the clearing and held his trumpet up. He needed to clear his head and the song on repeat was helping, but he wanted to play it as well. So he did, pretty much perfectly even though he had little practice in the last few weeks which made Jack stop mid stride as he came up to the clearing. ”Topher?” Well now, music was one of their strengths but two weeks wasn’t enough to play a song almost perfectly, what the ******** just happened? Nate was confused as he watched not only Topher but Jack go out the window, and not just FALL but walk out. Something told him to go wake Chris up, regardless if she’d yell at him, she was probably getting up already anyway since he was yelling in the hallway not to far from her door at Topher anyway. He went to her door and knocked on it, not too hard but to see if she was awake.

[[more ooc: I just picture Nate trying to explain it
Nate: "Out the window, literally walked like steps."
Sleepy Chris: "Steps"
Nate: "Steps" *makes steps motion with fingers like walking down a stairs*
Sleepy Chris: "Topher?"
Nate; "Both of them."
XD ]]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Nate had gotten to the house kind of early. Sure Jenny told them to take the day off, but after all the events of yesterday, he just wanted to do a quick checkup on them… and do something a little special. He walked up to the door and into the kitchen, only to notice Jack and Jenny both sitting at the table having breakfast. That was an unusual occurance as far as Nate knew. So much for trying to keep this a secret. Jenny looked up at him. ”I thought I told you to take the day off Nate…” She stared at him and he paused. ”Well… Yesterday I forgot something in the house… I kinda need it…” ”Nate.. You are a terrible liar. Why are you really here?” Nate sighed and held up a box. ”I wanted to replace Chris’s cup that she broke yesterday while she was still sleeping. As a surprise.” Jenny put a hand up to her mouth with a sly smile. Nate noticed and started rushing to continue, stumbling over his words a little. ”I mean we’ve all been friends for so long and I also wanted to make sure they were okay. They are like my only friends…” And now he just sounded pathetic. Jenny laughed waved her hand. ”Very well Nate, but I expect you to go home afterwards. Enjoy your day off.” Nate nodded, though he wasn’t sure how exactly to enjoy a day off.

He went to the sink and washed out the cup, setting it back in the cupboard where the other usually sat. Then he snuck upstairs, on his way to just see if the twins were up yet, on the off chance that they were. He was just passing Topher’s room when the door opened and he rushed out to the bathroom. ”Topher?” That didn’t look good. He followed after him almost gagging at the sound of Topher throwing up. He was gonna ask if he was okay but as he got to the bathroom Topher bumped into him on his way out. ”Come on Topher! What the f*ck!” Something odd was going on as he followed him back to his room, standing in the doorway. Jack had heard him yell probably and came to join Nate in the doorway. ”Stop being mute and talk a bit, what’s up?” Topher just ignored both their pleas and just ******** walked out the window Jack following closely behind him. What the everliving ******** even was this family sometimes?

Something told him to go get Chris so he walked across the hall to her room and knocked on the door softly. ”Chris?” Maybe she was already awake? It was unlikely because she would have come out to investigate when he yelled earlier. She didn’t answer him but the door opened slightly on its own and Nate took that as an invitation to come into the room. It was pretty much pitch black in the room, except for the light that spilled in from the hallway. Chris was still curled up under her covers, clearly still asleep. She had heard him yell in the hall earlier, promptly deciding she didn’t want anything to do with it and pulled her blankets closer to her body. She was the one that opened the door with telekinesis, her subconscious sensing Nates urgency.

Nate took a few steps into the room. Sure he’d been in here before, hundreds of times, but it was different since Chris was literally still asleep. He took a deep breath to steady himself, it wasn’t like she was going to bite. ”Chris?” She didn’t move but a small groan sound told him she heard him at least. Was it always this hard to get Chris to wake up? Usually by the time he got here she was well into her second cup of coffee. ”Chris, it's Topher…” She didn’t respond to that either, just rolling over to ignore him better probably. ”God damn it Chris what if this was a huge emergency…” He didn’t expect her to answer and he walked out of the room, heading downstairs to the kitchen for the only other thing he could think that would work. Coffee. Everything was all ready to make it, he just had to turn on the coffee maker to start it.

Jenny was still in the kitchen, calmly finishing her breakfast. She didn’t look up as Nate entered the room and started coffee for Chris, with all the yelling and things going on, she could guess what he was trying to do. ”Do I even need to ask?” Nate shrugged. ”Topher is acting strange. Figured Chris would like to be awake for it.” Jenny raised an eyebrow but didn’t comment further. She’d get up in just a moment to go see for herself. ”I mean… They just walked out the window like it was no big deal.” Well that was news to her. ”Even Jack?” She couldn’t keep the amusement out of her voice at that thought. Nate nodded.

When the coffee was done, he poured a cup into the new mug he just got her but paused. ”F*ck I don’t know how Chris likes her coffee…” Jenny stood and chuckled. ”Here let me show you.” She walked over to him and helped him fix the coffee. ”Thanks!” He stirred it as he made his way back upstairs to Chris’s room. Nothing had changed, she was still turned away from him. He couldn’t see it but when he entered the room with the coffee, Chris opened her eyes, looked at the clock on the opposite nightstand and promptly closed her eyes again. It wasn’t past noon and she wasn’t willing to get up.

Nate carefully made his way over to her bed and gently tapped her shoulder. ”Come on Chris… I even brought coffee just for you.” She groaned again but at least she rolled back over to face him, cracking her eyes open to see just a little before closing them and slowly sitting up and reaching out for the cup. In all honesty it was kind of cute to watch, even though she kind of reminded Nate of a zombie. He handed over the coffee. ”Chris… They just… out the window, literally walked like steps.” Chris took a sip of coffee and tilted her head at him. ”Steps…” Nate nodded, making the motion of walking down stairs. ”Topher?” ”And Jack yes. Are you not concerned?” She didn’t answer him, just sipping more coffee. The obvious answer was no. She almost looked like she was going to fall back asleep while drinking her coffee. This was ridiculous. How did she ever get anything done like this? Or was this just a product of the last few day’s catching up with her? Nate wasn’t sure but now that he thought about it, he kinda felt bad for waking her.

At this point it didn’t matter though because she was awake, even if she didn’t really seem like it. She slowly turned so her feet were hanging off the bed and slipped on her slippers. She stood but didn’t do anything else for a moment. Morning Chris could only do very simple tasks and her current task was Find Topher. Thus with her Empathy, she promptly located both Topher and Jack. Next objective… Get to Topher and thus she just started walking forward towards the door. Nate had to move out of the way so she wouldn’t bump into him. ”Chris? What are you doing? Where are you going?” She ignored him and continued forward, down the stairs and towards the door. ”Topher…” Nate frowned. She was still in her pjs, a tanktop and thin capri sleep pants and her bedroom slippers. ”Chris you can’t go out like that! Girl its cold outside, at least put on a jacket!” Once again she ignored him and just walked outside like it was nothing. ******** rushed out the door after her, taking off his jacket and draping it around her shoulders at least. Wouldn’t do to let her get sick… He followed closely next to her, seeing Jenny had already made it to the clearing they were obviously going to. They stopped right where Jenny and Jack were standing, Chris still just sipping her coffee, unconcerned expression on her face. ”God Damn it Nate…” She started to go off but thought better of it, Chris was pretty stubborn in the mornings, he probably couldn’t have stopped her even if he tried. ”Topher, what is going on?” She was concerned, a lot had happened in a short period of time and this was not normal.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:14 pm
Topher sighed, he hadn’t necessarily planned on waking everyone, well ok that was a plus since he needed to do something but just stood there. He wanted to play another song but stopped figuring with everyone there one of them probably his mother would make him stop and explain himself at that point since he wasn’t acting normal. Playing music was a thing but not walking out a f*cking window to do it. ”I needed to clear my head.” He finally said after taking the earbuds out so he could talk to them. He sat down on the grass regardless of how damp it was and took a deep breath of the damp cold air from the morning. ”Nate, we went to a different timeline and it ******** with our powers and they haven’t adjusted back to normal. Expect us to be stronger.” He explained, regardless of the stop motion from Jack or the glare he’d get from his mother. ”Look, he’d find out eventually, might as well be one of US to explain it then one of the kids popping in and making him have a f*cking heart attack.”

”Yes I’m talking about time travel, ask dad for more info if you want cause I’m not going into it just know that Chris and I went through hell the other day and our powers aren’t the same nor will be because of it.” He stood up and sighed, ”On that note, I’m moving out, and don’t try to stop me. I’m worried about tearing down the house if I have a bad dream and my telekinesis goes out of control. When you go to Frederick today, mention that to him, he’ll know what I need.” That was probably going to piss off his mother. More experiments but wasn’t anything serious. ”Before you go throwing things at him for it, the helmet was my idea. They were working on materials for construction to build rooms to hold Maxwell. I thought of a smaller portable version.” He looked at Jenny as he said this waiting for her backlash but continued. ”I want to build a small house of my own on our land and have my bedroom lined with it, it will block some of the powers. Hell I might actually sleep decent for once.”

He took out his wallet with his Detective Badge and tossed it at his mother and kept going at it. ”That… comes with a lot. I’ll be on call when I’m not on duty, I don’t want to wake you in the middle of the night going in and out if I need to leave.” He finally paused a bit and cracked his neck. ”Anyone mind telling me what the f*ck happened yesterday? Last thing I remember was you guys getting home.” Jack was just speechless at the moment. He wanted to say something but waited for Jenny to speak whatever her mind was telling her to.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:58 pm
All of them stood there carefully watching Topher. Jenny was the most concerned of the group and Chris the least. ”You could have just said that sooner.” Nate now felt kind of bad for his reaction, but it was weird. Jenny frowned as Topher sat in the wet grass. She wasn’t going to let him complain later if he got sick from all this. Nate perked up for a moment as Topher addressed him directly. Jenny definately glared at him for his comment. They had been trying to keep the family issues as need to know as possible. But he had a point. Nate was close enough to the twins, it was kind of a surprise that neither he nor Matt had been caught up in it yet.

Nate just stared at Topher, unmoving. Did he say… Yep he said time travel. His expression was similar to Topher’s from the day before. It was like the things he thought he knew had just crashed around him. Chris reached up and patted his shoulder, never looking up from her coffee. Jenny frowned. ”Topher…” She let him continue and sighed. ”I don’t like this…” But he threw his badge at her and kept going. Her frown deepened, if that was even possible anymore. She pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. She should have listened to Jack and just let him deal with it, but it would have been worse to hear this second hand.

”I…” She paused, looking for where to start. What could she do? It was going to happen eventually, the twins were going to leave and go off to do their own thing. But this felt wrong. Too soon? Would she ever even be ready for her children to run off without her? Probably not. But with both Jack and Topher convinced that Maxwell probably wasn’t coming back (at least anytime soon), she wasn’t as concerned as she thought she would be. ”Fine.” She sounded exhausted and defeated, not really feeling the energy to yell. Could she even find anything to yell about? At Topher? Probably a little but it was time she figured.

”At this point, what’s done is done. I can’t change the past… or rather, I won’t try to. You two are old enough now to make these decisions on your own. If you feel its time to move out, then I’m not going to stop you.” Besides, he had said he’d build it on their land so he wouldn’t be far away or anything. She took a deep breath. ”It’s about time I let you two live your lives without my interference.” It was hard to let go like that but it was about time.

Chris sipped her coffee quietly, letting the conversation take place around her. She knew all of this already. Topher had mentioned wanting to move out but she didn’t realize he meant immediately. He mentioned yesterday and Chris shrugged. ”Later.” She was probably the one out of the four that knew the most, and she had some questions of her own to ask him.

Well all of this was pointless. Chris gave Nate a look that said “you woke me up for this s**t” before turning and starting to walk back towards the house. She was gonna go straight back to bed and sleep till noon. However her walk back was slower and she was limping more heavily. In her sleepy state, she’d totally ignored the pain in the foot but now that her brain was waking up just a bit, she had started to notice it.

Jenny turned slightly as Chris started to hobble away, making a cough sound in Nate’s direction. He hadn’t moved or said a word. ”Nate, do you mind making sure Chris makes it back to the house alright.” She smirked as he shook out his head to clear it of thoughts. ”Right… of course.” He was still trying to wrap his head around exactly what they meant by Time Travel, but he put those thoughts aside for now. Chris hadn’t gotten too far away so he was able to catch her quickly. ”Here, just hop on my back so you don’t have to hobble around so much.”

He stopped right in front of her and bent down. She stopped for a moment, processing what he said before doing as he asked. He lifted her easily and her arms just kinda hung limpy from his shoulders, head resting on his back. She could feel Topher’s eyes on them and knew what he was thinking. She sleepily shook her head against Nate’s back and just mentally whispered to Topher. ”Say one ******** word and I will end you. Or better yet I’ll embarrass you in front of Tonya. I won’t interfere with your love life if you stay out of mine… a*****e…”

The two of them were gone and it was just Jenny, Jack and Topher now. Jenny tossed the badge back at Topher. ”Speaking of, we were able to get you out of work for the rest of the week. And you WILL stay home. No sneaking off. A little later, your father and I are going to have a word with Frederick and set up an appointment for the two of you for some medical tests, just for peace of mind.”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 pm
Topher sighed and grinned a bit at Chris’ mental message to him. He already had ideas for plans. ”Well since he’s here and we’re leaving we might as well have Nate stay.” Topher didn’t even both to hide his deeper grin at that and Jack just stared at him. Well something was going on. ”Mom, I know you never wanted us to be tested secondary. However at this point I’m worried that having stronger abilities might come across, well even before people on the force seem to avoid me. It was hard to get and maintain a single partner that wasn’t somewhat judgmental on the basis of the fact that no one knows any current test results from us.” This was always a testy subject with her but now that he was going into a secure job and Chris was focusing on a possibly a law degree he was sure that having a basis on psychic levels would make things easier even on them.

”I know you get a lot of backlash from this too. That’d help stop that, at least they’d know we’d been tested. We can use Frederick’s team and people he trusts and keep the results as secret as we can for as long as we can, I mean eventually they’ll get out.” He knew even with trusted people rumors always flared up and some just spread. He wanted to do his with the police admin group there to get them to understand his abilities better. He had a hard enough time getting on the duty roster just because of them. ”Topher… now is not…” ”Now is, I start as a detective when I go back. You’re going to talk to Frederick today, you don’t have to decide right now but just keep it in mind. I… want to do it. I know if Chris did it as well it will help her get through things easier.” He could already sense the anger from his mother and paused.

”You want us to follow with you and help push for psychic rights but yet we haven’t been tested and that looks badly on us. Normally people with abilities are tested at least twice in their lifetime as required and yet cause we’re connected we haven’t been. I know it scares you but we’ve handled Maxwell, we have security, we can handle this.” He waited for anything she’d throw at him, punches, words, anything. Jack looked to Jenny and sighed giving up, they grew up too damn fast. ”It would help with the backlash, and also their future jobs.”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm
Jenny nodded in agreement with Jack. Poor Nate though, he never seemed to get a day off. Topher started to talk about testing and Jenny glared at him. ”No.” He kept going despite her answer, speaking directly about how it affected her too. He wasn’t wrong by any means. But there was always that fear that her children would be deemed too powerful and taken from her. She’d protected them for so long and damn it she was still going to try. She exhaled harshly, trying not to be angry, trying to stay calm.

But his remark about her wanting them to help push for psychic rights sounded accusatory and she lost it. ”You stop right there. For f*cks sake do you even hear what you are saying? THAT’S NOT YOUR CALL TO MAKE.” She knew she was being irrational and emotional about this but they were her children. Besides, ”F*ck, I don’t even know if I can trust Frederick right now after all of yesterday.” She was still angry, upset and betrayed. ”It's an unfortunate fact that people are going to hate you regardless of testing. It comes with the Family Name. I’ve done that to you Topher and I can’t fix that. Still, my answer is and will be a hard no.” And she glared in Jack’s direction for trying to side with Topher on this. She sighed. ”Now get your a** back inside before you catch a cold.”

She crossed her arms and started at him until he gave in. Or at least promised that he wouldn’t be out here long. ”Come on Jack. Might as well get this over with I guess.” She was not looking forward to this. She still had to go back inside to get a few things before she was actually ready to go. As she got to the front door, Aurelia pulled into the drive. ”F*cking hell, do any of you know how to listen? I told you to take the day off Aurelia…” Aurelia grinned and shrugged as she got out of the car. ”Oh well you know, I like my job. Its more fun to come in when I’m not supposed to… Actually Chris texted me last night and asked me to come by to make triple sure the two of you were unarmed and to take you to go to talk with Frederick. And who am I to say no to Chris.” Jenny glared but Aurelia ignored it, instead looking at the door behind them where Nate poked his head out. ”Oh Hi Nate. Didn’t take you for the rule breaking type.” She smirked at his frown. ”I came to do something nice without being told Aurelia. So you can shut it.” ”Will you two please act like adults?” Aurelia shrugged.

”Unlikely. Now… Guns?” She walked closer to Jenny and Jack and held out her hands. ”Inside.” ”Good. Knife.” She pointedly looked at Jenny for this one. ”What?” ”Knife, I know you have it on you.” ”No…” She paused, sighed and handed it over. ”Great. Keys.” ”Aurelia that’s ridiculous!” Aurelia’s face was stern. ”Jenny, Keys now. Jack, you too.” Jenny made a face and groaned. ”Fine.” Once she had everything, ”Okay now it's time to go. Get in the car. You don’t need anything from inside. Let’s go.” Aurelia had a grin as wide as possible and tossed the things she'd gathered up to Nate, who barely caught them.

”Hold your goddamn horses. F*ck. Nate, do you mind saying and keeping an eye on the twins since you are here.” Nate nodded. ”Chris fell asleep in my jacket and I didn’t want to fight with her to get it back so that’s fine.” ”Oh yea Nate, When Chris wakes up, thank her for me!” Nate just waved in response, getting back inside where it was warm. Jenny sighed again. ”I guess we should go then.”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out