◈ FAQ _____ [Updated 05.29.17] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:28 pm
Here it says "Each stage may purchase 10 stats with exp. This is per stage, the character's cap will raise each time they grow in their stat page. "

But here it says "Up to 10 of each Stat Booster may be traded for EXP per stage of growth (per character)."

So is it

A) you can purchase 10 stats with exp PLUS 10 of each Stat Booster per stage
or
B) you can purchase only 10 stat boosters per stage?

And in that case, some of my characters say 0/20. Is this because they are stage 3?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please refer to the Battle Update thread. The first post details all of the above already.

It is 10 stat boosters can be purchased with exp per stage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:24 am
In reference to the Orphans information up on the FAQ front page, is it reasonable to believe that there may be a larger number of Orphans in Matori, due to the Oban previously taking slaves at will? And if there are a larger number of orphans, would it be more reasonable to have a smaller village of huts that are more dedicated to the children rather than a larger single hut? This is more of a question for a Character's Background Story than for adoption of a character.

Also, do the Water Earthlings have any particular affinity to water? I.E. Larger Lung Capacity for swimming/Able to withstand colder temperatures in the water?

Thank you.

-Poods

Is it reasonable to say that Matori would have a larger number of orphans due to the Oban slave trade?
Not necessarily. Typically the Oban valued children as slaves as well to work inside the homes, and would take whole families when preparing them for market. While there would be some, it would not have been a large amount.

Would it be reasonable to have a village of smaller huts dedicated to orphans rather than one large home for them?
Unfortunately no. There would be no reason for them to build small homes for children when they would be cared for by adults. They would all share the same space as their caretakers.

Do the earthlings have any special features from their races? IE: Water earthlings having an affinity to water like larger lung capacity?
No, the earthlings race names are purely aesthetic. Physically all earthlings are the same, there is no difference internally between the races. The names came to be as sort of nicknames in relation to the colors they developed over time and the locations they came from. (like the ice earthlings living in the mountains, the water earthlings having almost fish-like markings, the fire earthlings living in the desert.) Their real race names are things like Obans, Yaeli, Zenan, much like the location name they came from.  

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:06 pm
I already got the answer to this but just in case someone else is curious down the road..

Do pre-determined characters, such as mystics and priestesses, need a class solo?

Do special characters like mystics and priests need a class solo?
All prentices require a class solo to grow.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:50 pm
I have a question regarding classes!

I am planning on having a character that sings for his supper quite literally. He'll be part of a traveling band, yet he won't play an instrument. For him the focus will be entirely on his voice. Would be still go the Minstrel class, with this being the case? Or a different class entirely? Or would he need to pick up an instrument in order to follow the musical class?

Is a singer a Minstrel or would they be their own class?
The minstrel class includes all musicians, so this would be those playing an instrument or using their voice.  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 am
Questions!

1) Why is a character restricted on weapon appearance? A character may not be able to afford the weapon in that particular appearance. If a character wanted to use a found item (A stick, a worn out tome, maybe beads made out of scrap pieces of wood), what prevents them from doing so? (This is not to imply that the player cannot purchase lots of mods to make the item LOOK different, it's an IC question). Why do they have to have the default item appearance? A simple change to a weapons design, where it's subtracting from the amount of work that the artist does rather than add onto it seems reasonable.

Perhaps there can be an item added to remove traits from the items, that would be able to break it down to it's most basic of form. A shield is now just a piece of wood, a staff is a stick, a book is a single bundle of pages, the beads are no longer on a string, just held in hand, etc etc etc.

2) Why does the Yaeli as a WHOLE race need to decide whether or not a single person has glasses? If an outsider was found/liked/trusted by a person of a particular status, and seen as having a visual impairment, would it be that difficult to sneak them a pair of lenses if sworn to secrecy or infrequent use?

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Unfortunately all characters are held to the restrictions of weapon alterations. Stage 2's can only use 1 edit, stage 3's can only use 2 edits, and stage 4's are the only stage that can purchase fully customized weapons. This is to reward the stage system and growths and is not changing anytime in the future. All battle class art requires that their weapon be included, and that weapon is dictated solely by the image appearance of the weapon shop. You're more than welcome to acquire the weapon ic however you would like, but the official appearance in the art will not change without weapon edit items.

2. There is no loophole that would allow a non-yaeli to be able to wear glasses. They will not be available to outsiders until it is canonically decided that the people of Tendaji are not a threat by the Yaeli as a whole. This is not the case now, and personal plot lines will not alter this decision. A singular yaeli, npc or otherwise, would not be able to give anyone a pair of glasses.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:46 pm
I have a question: Myrsky has floating ice chunks.. Could I have an Oban who goes priest/monk route have like two floating orbs like this? Or just floating things all together, not necessarily orbs. Like a spell caster's floating book in some MMOs?

Can my characters have floating orbs like this?
For a character to have something like that, they would need to be able to purchase enough weapon edits to make an already existing weapon look like that, or wait until stage 4 to get a fully customized weapon. The closest thing would be to follow the mystic class that uses runes and edit the runes to look similar to that (through items like tumbling jar or bone carving tool, etc depending on the material desired).  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 pm
Heyo, I have a few questions regarding the new system.
1. In the old system, you were allowed to use one RPed beast battle per stage as an RP req, so long as it met 1000 word count. Is that still permissible?

2. The new system states that beast tamers must fill at least half their exp reqs with beast battles. "At least half," does that mean they aren't required to PVP battle at all?

3. Is one beast still counted as one point? So three beasts in one thread would still be three points, or just one?

1. This option was removed during the battle update in July, so it's no longer an option. Beast battles can't contain more than 3 beasts so there is no way to get over 1k words anymore.

2. This is true! We hope owners will still want to have at least one regular battle, but it's no longer required technically speaking.

3. Yes! One beast is still one point. Battles can no longer involve more than 3 beasts at a time, but they all count as one each.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm
Turning old style world events and Meta VPs into the new system:

I have some old World Events before the change that could count as either an RP or a Battle. Would I count them based on words for the RP (700 words) do I count it as 2 rp points in the new system?

And if I have a world event that has to be used towards a battle req since it was soloed (the At Large one). Does this still stand or can I use it as RP points with the change? (either way is fine)

Old metas I got a VP from: should I just count it as "7 posts in meta" for the 5 points?
Old metas that I only got a battle req from: what do I count this as?

How are staff vps changed? I have a few I claimed for Senja before the change over (4 vps for her to use up 4 of her prp reqs.)

Old rps: before when we had 4+ characters we could get 7 posts for 1 rp req. Does this still stand or do we still need 10 rp posts for 5 rp points.

These things have already been listed and updated with the drop of the announcement.

Meta points can be found here under the spoiler.
World event points can be found here
Rules on RP are still the same and can be found here.

Staff VP translate as on RP, so 5 points each.

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:16 am
Younglings used to be on a PRP only (or meta/VP's) with no solos counting towards growth. Does this still stand or can I start supplementing my points with solos now?

Yes, this has already been answered in the FAQ  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 am
I know that the Crytals on Earthlings are down to the bone.

If an Earthling ends up shattering, chipping, or fracturing a crystal, is there any pain in filing it down to prevent catching? Are there nerve endings in Crystals?

Similar to filling a tooth, is it possible to insert a liquid metal or clay into the crystal to keep the fractured bits from moving around if the fracture does not touch the skin? (Such like the process of Kintsugi)

Can Crystals break, shatter, or fracture?
Crystals growing from earthlings are incredibly hard and difficult to break, harder than any rock found in Tendaji. It would take a massive amount of strength or strong determination in order to break off an earthling's crystals. They are so hard, they would not split or fissure, only chip off of the surface.

Is it possible to file down a chipped crystal?
It would take a metal file and someone who knew what they were doing like a healer, but they could be filed and in some extent polished.

Do crystals have nerves? Do they produce pain sensors?
The crystals of an earthling does not have nerves, the crystals themselves can't emit pain. But crystals are grown from the bone and out through the flesh, all of which do have nerves, so the pain would come from the surrounding bones and tissues.

Is it possible to fill a crystal with metal or clay if it were split or cracked?
The crystals would not split or crack, so they would not be able to be filled, only filed. There is also no means of something like this to happen in Tendaji with their level of technology.  

Kapoodles

Battle-ready Waffles

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:31 am
Can non-battle class characters have weapons in their art?
If your character has chosen to go the route of a non-battle class, their only options are have their dagger/throwing knives in their art if they choose to and it is specified in the growth form. Non-battle class characters must have the weapon purchased for it to show in any art.

Can the sheath item add a weapon to art?
The sheath item is to add a sheath only. It does not add an additional weapon to the character's art.

Is there any way to get additional weapons added to their art besides their main weapon?
Unfortunately there is not. If an owner would like additional weapons in their art they would have to look to unofficial art from outside sources. Official art will only showcase the weapon associated with their class.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:57 pm
Random question popped up into my head.

How do the Alkidike know which flower belongs to which pleading mother? Is it color coded? An aura? Or does Aisha tell the mystics?

How can the mystics tell which bloom belongs to which Alkidike mother?
Just like the bloom of a mystic has a unique and distinct aura, the other blooms Aisha produces have their own feeling of familiarity. The mystics are able to tell which flower belongs to which mother by the aura that the flower emits during growth.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Alethryia

Seasonal Guildswoman

10,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:12 am
Question about purchasing stats!

In this post it says you can buy 10 stat points with experience per stage, what is the process/form for completing this, the Merchant's Alley? As in, are you purchasing stat boosters with xp and have the additional ability to buy up to 10 stat boosters with gold over the total life of your character?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the process for purchasing boosters using exp?
You can purchase up to 10 stat boosters with gold (only once), and then you also have the ability to buy up to 10 boosters with exp (per stage).

EXP is earned through battling and completing certain events in the shop. Each booster is listed as having a gold price and an exp price. Once a character has enough exp listed in their journal, they can submit the form in the merchant's alley, there is a line for cost in exp that would be used instead, and the staff will update the exp in their journal once the form is accepted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm
Hey, so, reading through the special abilities page, and I was wondering how the beasts work for beast tamers in their fourth stage? It mentions skill sets, but beasts no longer provide any bonuses to battlers so what does this mean in the updated system?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff is currently working on releasing a new stage 4 beast tamer special attack. In the meantime, the current attack is discontinued since familiars are no longer present in battle; the new attack should be implemented shortly.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
.|| Tendaji ||.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers