Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Inactive School Ground Locations
[Y1: Club Area] Pokemon Fight Club Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
amarzyciel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 10 Total: 19 (2-20)

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:00 am
User Image

███ ██ █ ▌Cyril Frisch▌█ ██ ███

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My location... Club, field
                                                  My Outfit... Salamance Uniform, summer shirt below the blazer.
                                                  Those near me... Ava, Mr. Reyes
                                                  Pokemon you see me with... Aisha, the snorunt (in battle)

Although the copies that Aisha made was fewer than usual, they still did their job in confusing their opponent. It was evident from the pause that the joltik made when it was trying to decide whom to shoot at. "Aisha, move into powder snow!" he issued his order. They wouldn't stay silent when his opponent launched their attack. Aisha's reply was to spring into action, moving to further confound the joltik. She blended among her copies, confident that it would protect her. Whether by skill or luck, a spider web was shoot toward her. Her reaction to it was to blast it with her powder snow. "Sno-RUNT!" she cried out while attacking, even as the few strand that managed to reach her discharged electricity into her. Wind mixed with snow blown toward the joltik.

Cyril's attention flicked briefly toward newcomer when Mr. Reyes spoke to her. She was not anyone he recognized. His gaze turned back to the battle as fast. He didn't know how that joltik had managed to figure it out. He wished it was luck, but it could be something else too. There was no way to prove it until it happened again. He had to be careful as electroweb could pin his pokemon down like a net if it was bigger. It would be best to cut it next time it was used.

Battle Log:
T1: Joltik used Thunder wave! Snorunt is paralyzed!
T1: Snorunt used double team! raised ev by 1
T2: Joltik used electroweb!
T2: Snorunt used Powder Snow!

((OOC: ))

Log:
word counter: n/a

User Image
Pokemon Team:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
AISHA (Snorunt) │Female│ Lv. 13 (0/1,000 exp) │FP: 50/250 (+0)
Ice Body │ hold item: N/A │Status: Normal
【 36 Hp│18 Atk │18 Def│18 SpAtk│18 SpDef │18 Spd】
Move set:

►[ST] Leer: // AC: 100
Powder Snow: 40 // AC: 100 (10% chance of freezing)
► [ST] Double Team: // Raise evasion by 1
► [P*] Ice Shard: 40 // AC: 100 (+1 priority moves)

SIEGRID (Sneasel) │Male│ Lv. 10 (0/1,000 exp) │FP: 0/250 (+0)
Keen Eye │ hold item: N/A │Status: Normal
【 31 Hp│24 Atk │16 Def│12 SpAtk│22 SpDef (+) │25 Spd (-)】
Move set:
►[ST] Leer: // AC: 100 // lowers def by 1 stage
► [ST] Taunt // AC: 100 // forces pokemon to use attack move for 3 turns.
► [P] Quick Attack: 40 // AC: 100 // Priority +1
► [P] Feint Attack: 60 // AC: ~

Inventory:

01 x Pokeball
01 x Pokegear
04 x rare candy
Flashlight, lighter, rope.

Library Books:
Battle 101
Pokemon of the world: Ice Edition
Eon Fable vol. 01

Calling for Attention:
DJ Double B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 pm
【ஐﻬ ιris Harunoﻬஐ】
ʏou are so young
ʏou are so free

Ʌre we there yet?

User ImageUser Image
. ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Hello again..." Iris said as the older ma greeted her before he invited her to join and watch the battle with him. She walked over to be beside the much taller man. She could say teacher, but speaking techically, she didnt have a class with him. Just this club. Iris and him watched the battle. She started to cheer for Ava and Cyril, even if she didn't know the latter's name. It seeemed that he also had heard her when she said she wanted to ask a question.

"Well." she said, looking back at him, "It seems that Ling can learn a new move and when I looked at it, it looks like a really good move for battle and maybe even coordination. I'm just not sure if I should teach her it. I mean like her wing attack, her water pulse, her defog and water sport. I feel like the move will be an improvement to her abilities. Not to mention..."

Iris pulled out her pokeball, "I feel like I haven't been giving the same battle attention to Bebe like I have been Ling. I've used her in battle before but I keep getting worried that with her size, she'll get really hurt and she's been really good in coordination. Am I overthinking it and being selfish or should I be asking my pokemon what they want to do... I thought that as a teacher, maybe you could give me some insights." She looked a little downcast at the thought of putting so much on a teacher.

"What do you think Mr. Reyes... or maybe I should be asking Ms. Lillith..."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Team:
User Image

Nickname: Bebe
    Level: 14
    Moves: Tackle| Vine Whip| Fairy Wind| Lucky Chant
    Friendship Points:User Image

Nickname: Ling
    Level: 14
    Moves: Water Pulse| Water Sport| Defog| Wing Attack
    Friendship Points:User Image

Inventory:

-PokeGear
    -Moon Stone ticket
    -Whimscott Plushie
    -Kingdra Plushie
    -Salamence Plushie
    -Flygon Plushie
    -Lucky Egg
    -Soothe Bell
    -1 Rare Candy

Company:
Mood: tired
Attire: school uniform and jacket
OOC:

Ʌ
a-are we there yet?
Ѻne day you'll know
ωho you want to be

Shadow of Miracles

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am

Green: #699864
Brown: #AA5303
Tan: #D2B48C
Star Yellow: #FFE303
Black: black

Pokemon Colors:
Joltik: #3F00FF

Some legends are told.
Some turn to dust or to gold.
But you will remember me!
Remember me for centuries!

User Image

User Image
Ava Marie Stenson
Charizard House

═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═

Electroweb miraculously connected with the real Snorunt in the pack, to the total surprise of Ava. "Awesome job, Fritz!" she called out. As the door opened, she glanced over to find Iris now watching the battle. Was Iris a member of the club? Would one of them have to battle her after this? Ava wasn't sure about the boy's pokemon, but Ava didn't want t put Fritz through another battle right after this one. Iris cheered a little before directing her attention to Mr. Reyes. Ava didn't pay much attention to their conversation. Whatever it was about, it probably wasn't as important as the battle right now.

As Ava was beginning to bring her attention back to the battle, he nameless boy called out for another move. Powdered snow? Ava hadn't seen this move before. All of a sudden, a gust of light, flaky snow blew right at Fritz! The tiny pokemon was knocked back by the wind, given how light he was. Although he tried to cling to the ground for safety, he ended up sliding further back towards Ava. Once the wind subsided, Fritz was left covered in bits of snow and frost! He seemed ok to continue, at least. Ava thought that the snow might hurt him a lot more than it did, so it was good he came out alright. "Alright Fritz! Try Electroweb again!" It seemed to work well the first time. Ava hoped her pokemon would be able to find the right Snorunt again. Little did she know that her pokemon's eyes allowed him to see a lot more than usual. Fritz quickly weaved another electrofying web and slung it towards some of the Snorunts. hoping he had the right one.

Battle Log:
                                R1: Fritz uses Thunder Wave -- Accuracy is 100 +30, so no roll needed.
                                R1: Aisha uses Double Team -- Aisha's Evasion raises by 1
                                R2: Fritz uses Electroweb -- 90 Base accuracy - 10 evasion + 30 Ability Boost = 110 Accuracy, so no roll needed
                                R2: Aisha uses Powdered Snow -- Hits, but no freeze effect
                                R3: Fritz uses Electroweb -- 90 Base accuracy - 10 evasion + 30 Ability Boost = 110 Accuracy, so no roll needed

Inventory
                                Location: Pokemon Fight Club // Human Company: That boy from tech class (Cyril), Mr. Reyes // Pokemon Company: Fritz. Aisha
                                Outfit: School Uniform // Mood: Excited
                                OoC:

And just one mistake,
Is all it will take.
We'll go down in history!

amarzyciel

Shadow of Miracles

word count: 281

Pokemon: Joltik
Nickname: Fritz
Color: #3F00FF
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 15 -> 14
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack) (Likes: Sweet, Dislikes: Spicy)
Ability: Compound Eyes (Raises accuracy by 30%)
Experience: 125/1000
Move Set:

Screech -- Harshly reduces target's Defense -- Acc. 85 [+30]
      Fury Cutter -- Power increases if hits in succession -- Att. 40, Acc. 95 [+30]
      Electroweb -- Captures/Attacks opponent in electric web. May reduce Target's speed stat -- Att 55, Acc 95 [+30]
      Thunder Wave -- Causes paralysis if it hits -- Acc. 100 [+30]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:17 pm
DJ Double B

amarzyciel

User Image
Antonio Reyes
Are you where you want to be?

Antonio rubbed his chin as he thought about Iris's question while also paying attention to the battle happening in front of him. The substitute teacher shivered from seeing the Powder Snow and grinned when he saw the electricity from the Electroweb; those were the kind of feelings of excitement that he experienced whenever he saw Pokemon Battles and hopefully the children would as well. When Iris started getting nervous about her question, he turned to her and watched as she had a little inner struggle with herself about choosing the right move for her Pokemon. Her question was innocent enough, but it was definitely something that also required a lot of thinking. Probably more thinking than what was necessary for the students at their current stage. He was impressed that she was thinking about her pokemon moves and that she even went as far as seek advise from the teachers. This would help her out on the long run if she was willing to seek advise from others. Antonio did have to think about how to best answer her because he didn't want to overwhelm her, but at the same time he wanted to be helpful.

"I don't think you're being selfish. In fact, your approach is very mature and I'm happy you're trying to seek out suggestions," Antonio smiled at Iris, a reassuring smile, "the best course of action is one that you pick together with your Pokemon. When you are in sync with your Pokemon, it drives away any doubts and insecurities." He patted her head as if saying 'do not worry' and hopefully his smile would reflect that as well. "The best answer I can give you is to find a focus. This is from a Battler's point of view, but when looking at your Pokemon you have to think about what is best for the team and not just an individual. Another important factor is seeing how your Pokemon feels. Is Ducklett more comfortable doing Battles or Performing? Which one those she enjoy more? Those are all good questions to ask. I suggest asking miss Ezra as well since she can give you her point of view from a Coordinator's side." Antonio hoped that his words helped Iris in some way even if they were small. While doing his little speech something occurred to him. "What is the new move that your Ducklett wants to learn?"

Iris never did give a name for the new move and Antonio had nearly forgotten while lost in the energy of the Pokemon Battle occurring. Speaking of Pokemon Battles, Antonio checked the clock and realize that it was already too late to do any more Club Activities. Afternoon had ended and the sun was likely disappearing into the horizon. Antonio whistled loudly, "alright that's enough for today!" He waited for Ava and Cyril to pay attention to him before he continued. "The battle is over, great job guys," he gave the students a smile along with a thumbs-up, "Paralyzing your opponent was a great move Ava, by slowing him down you give yourself an edge in battle. Cyril, you put some great effort as well, but you forgot to study your opponent more carefully. Joltik's ability Compound Eyes, increases its accuracy by 30% meaning that using a move like Double Team would not have any effect unless it was used 3 or more times. You should have focused on attacked in order to make every turn count. Powder Snow has a chance to Freeze which is something you should take advantage of when dealing with an opponent like Joltik that doesn't have to worry about missing an attack." Antonio decided that giving them a little review would be good seeing as this was their first time in the club. "Overall, great job to the both of you. If you continue to practice then you will become stronger trainers." He looked at the clock once more before returning to look at the children. "Club activities are over, make sure to return to your dorms safely and get ready for tomorrow. You are all dismissed."

Antonio would wait for the children to leave before he left as well. He needed to lock up the club room. "Iris, don't forget to ask miss Ezra your questions and if you still want to hear more advise then come see me sometime. Same to you two, Ava and Cyril. If you guys have any questions or concerns then you can rely me. I'll listen to whatever you have to say."

==========

[Exit once everyone has left]

(A/N: The battle is over. Snorunt and Joltik gain 50EXP for this practice battle.)

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:55 am
User Image

███ ██ █ ▌Cyril Frisch▌█ ██ ███

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My location... Club, field
                                                  My Outfit... Salamance Uniform, summer shirt below the blazer.
                                                  Those near me... Ava, Mr. Reyes, unknown student (Iris)
                                                  Pokemon you see me with... Aisha, the snorunt

Aisha's attack had more effect than they had intended. The tiny spider fought to stay anchored to the ground lest it got blown away. It was unfortunate that Powder Snow could only be keep up as long as Aisha could breath out. "Aisha, shuffle," Cyril instructed as Aisha's location was found. He watched as Aisha weaved back and forth among her copies that she was undistinguished once more. Cyril too was unable to locate her, he didn't need to as he trusted his pokemon to execute his instruction.

Cyril sighed when one electroweb hit Aisha again. "Alright, that's definitely not luck," he stated. "What did you do?" he asked Ava, straight to the point as what better way to find out than asking the trainer. Cyril was aware that Ava didn't have to answer it, but he tried anyway. He didn't get a reply however when the practice battle was declared to end. "You can return now, Aisha. Good Job," he called for his snorunt instead of returning her to her pokeball. "Snorunt sno snorunt," the snorunt spoke to the joltik, then she dispersed her copies and waved good bye, before she ran back to her trainer.

"How can I know my opponent's pokemon's ability?" Cyril asked Mr. Reyes. It was something that he couldn't determine from looking. It would take him trial and error to figure out, not easy to do either as he would need knowledge of various ability to know what to look for.

((OOC: ))

Log:
word counter: n/a

User Image
Pokemon Team:
AISHA (Snorunt) │Female│ Lv. 13 (0/1,000 exp) │FP: 50/250 (+0)
Ice Body │ hold item: N/A │Status: Normal
【 36 Hp│18 Atk │18 Def│18 SpAtk│18 SpDef │18 Spd】
Move set:

►[ST] Leer: // AC: 100
Powder Snow: 40 // AC: 100 (10% chance of freezing)
► [ST] Double Team: // Raise evasion by 1
► [P*] Ice Shard: 40 // AC: 100 (+1 priority moves)

SIEGRID (Sneasel) │Male│ Lv. 10 (0/1,000 exp) │FP: 0/250 (+0)
Keen Eye │ hold item: N/A │Status: Normal
【 31 Hp│24 Atk │16 Def│12 SpAtk│22 SpDef (+) │25 Spd (-)】
Move set:
►[ST] Leer: // AC: 100 // lowers def by 1 stage
► [ST] Taunt // AC: 100 // forces pokemon to use attack move for 3 turns.
► [P] Quick Attack: 40 // AC: 100 // Priority +1
► [P] Feint Attack: 60 // AC: ~

Inventory:

01 x Pokeball
01 x Pokegear
04 x rare candy
Flashlight, lighter, rope.

Library Books:
Battle 101
Pokemon of the world: Ice Edition
Eon Fable vol. 01

Calling for Attention:
DJ Double B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:47 am

Green: #699864
Brown: #AA5303
Tan: #D2B48C
Star Yellow: #FFE303
Black: black

Pokemon Colors:
Joltik: #3F00FF

Some legends are told.
Some turn to dust or to gold.
But you will remember me!

User Image

User Image
Ava Marie Stenson
Charizard House

Ava wasn't expecting the move to land a second time, but Fritz managed to connect Electroweb yet again! Cyril asked what Ava was doing to make it happen. What Ava was doing? Ava had just as much of an idea as the boy did! Before she could get to defend herself, Mr. Reyes called for the battle to be over. The boy called his Snorunt back to him, and Ava had plans to do the same. "Nice job, Fritz. Come on over." There was only one attack made on him, so she didn't call him back into the pokeball just yet. Besides, he was probably really hungry, and Ava planned on getting dinner for the both of them as soon as possible. "Jol, Joltik." (Bye, uh, nice meeting you too.) Fritz wasn't fond of having to talk to other pokemon, but at least it was just a farewell. He climbed back up onto Ava's shoulder, where she gently rubbed the remaining frost off of him with her finger.

Mr. Reyes gave some advice regarding the battle afterwards, which was nice. The paralysis was indeed a good move, according to him. Ava made a note of that for the future. It was sure coming in handy, even if it didn't do much to Aisha. In talking to the boy, who Ava learned was named Cyril, the two learned about Fritz's ability: Compound Eyes. Apparently, that meant he could hit things a lot better. He didn't have to worry about missing attacks like other pokemon did, and that was super cool. Ava also made a note of that. As Mr. Reyes dismissed them, Ava nodded. "Thanks Mr. Reyes. And good battle, Cyril. See you next meeting!" With a wave, Ava was off to the cafeteria. She was absolutely starving!

[Exit to the cafeteria]

Inventory
                                Location: Pokemon Fight Club // Human Company: Cyril, Iris, Mr. Reyes // Pokemon Company: Fritz. Aisha
                                Outfit: School Uniform // Mood: Excited
                                OoC:

And just one mistake,
Is all it will take.
We'll go down in history!

amarzyciel

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

X Kaos X
Vice Captain