Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
OCC Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:48 pm
So much to do! Hopefully I will get to post tomorrow night...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:00 am
OH MAI GOD!!!ive been so busy I totally forgot about this guild! Please forgive me I didn't mean too...... but as I am now wanting to be in this fully again shall I continue where I left off or start anew?  

Periwinkle Promise

Spiritual Cottontail

13,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • The Key to Victory 50

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 pm
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun

Sorry for constantly pestering you, but another not-random question: Since Endure (and most other status moves) does not have a damage formula, a failed counterattack causes no damage, correct? Since 0x2 still equals 0?

I really hope so or else Bael is a goner, lol

Good question, and lucky you ..it doesn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm
Periwinkle Promise
OH MAI GOD!!!ive been so busy I totally forgot about this guild! Please forgive me I didn't mean too...... but as I am now wanting to be in this fully again shall I continue where I left off or start anew?

You can continue where you left off ...it be a lot faster.  

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

Lia Syuki

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:40 pm
Lunarsun
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun

Sorry for constantly pestering you, but another not-random question: Since Endure (and most other status moves) does not have a damage formula, a failed counterattack causes no damage, correct? Since 0x2 still equals 0?

Whew, that's a relief. Now to return to the fray! ...And hope no more horrible combinations of rolls with unforeseen consequences prompt a return to the OoC anytime soon, lol  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:59 pm
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun

Whew, that's a relief. Now to return to the fray! ...And hope no more horrible combinations of rolls with unforeseen consequences prompt a return to the OoC anytime soon, lol

Hahahah, we shall see. This is quite interesting.  

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

Lia Syuki

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 am
-laughs and sobs while fighting this ONE litwick-
Lunarsun

Edit because I haven't found an answer after searching for the past two hours: So I see that if the attack result is greater than the defense result, the attack works. I see that if the attack result is less than the defense result, the attack misses. ...What happens when the attack result is equal to the defense result?
crying I really hope this is the last question I have for a long while.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:29 pm
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun

Edit because I haven't found an answer after searching for the past two hours: So I see that if the attack result is greater than the defense result, the attack works. I see that if the attack result is less than the defense result, the attack misses. ...What happens when the attack result is equal to the defense result?

The attack fails, in order for an attack to work ..it must be higher than the pokemon's defense roll. Meanwhile, for a defense to be successful, it must not be exceeded by the attack roll.

So, even if it's by the skin of one's teeth the defense holds, and the attack fails.  

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

Lia Syuki

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:37 pm
Lunarsun
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun

The attack fails, in order for an attack to work ..it must be higher than the pokemon's defense roll. Meanwhile, for a defense to be successful, it must not be exceeded by the attack roll.

So, even if it's by the skin of one's teeth the defense holds, and the attack fails.

Thank you again for the answer and your patience. I have to go run an errand but I'll work on finishing the battle when I return.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:49 pm
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun
Lia Syuki
Lunarsun

Thank you again for the answer and your patience. I have to go run an errand but I'll work on finishing the battle when I return.

Oh no, the one's who patiences I should be thanking is yours.

Beside, as I said before ..I think, you are helping to field test this. So, really I have no problem answering any questions you have.  

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

SpazzticPanda1311

Bashful Bear

21,775 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 pm
Oh boy, pretty sure Terrence just lost his only pokemon... he got demolished in his battle emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm
SpazzticPanda1311
Oh boy, pretty sure Terrence just lost his only pokemon... he got demolished in his battle emotion_facepalm

-pats Terrence on the shoulder- It's okay. I'm sure everyone that has been in this guild for a reasonable amount of time has received at least one curbstomping at some point in their journey. 3nodding Besides, the RNG seems to be particularly cruel today/tonight anyway. sweatdrop  

Lia Syuki

Ice-Cold Rogue

SpazzticPanda1311

Bashful Bear

21,775 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 pm
Lia Syuki
SpazzticPanda1311

-pats Terrence on the shoulder- It's okay. I'm sure everyone that has been in this guild for a reasonable amount of time has received at least one curbstomping at some point in their journey. 3nodding Besides, the RNG seems to be particularly cruel today/tonight anyway. sweatdrop

Terrence is so screwed emotion_awesome

It was my first battle, poison sting (something like that) was used, they rolled a 14 and I rolled a 2... my pokemon was a grass type os that's x2 damage... lets just say it was over in one move emotion_facepalm

Idk what happens now lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 pm
SpazzticPanda1311
Lia Syuki
SpazzticPanda1311

It was my first battle, poison sting (something like that) was used, they rolled a 14 and I rolled a 2... my pokemon was a grass type os that's x2 damage... lets just say it was over in one move emotion_facepalm

Idk what happens now lol

If it's any consolation, in my first ever battle in the guild, I got my opponent to 1 HP in one hit... Only to miss next turn and be brought down to 0 HP in one hit by them. XD So ye, the RNG really hates newbies or something.

I'm sure you're not screwed-screwed, but ye, I'm... Also not sure what'll happen. XD But you'll see whenever Lunar gets it posted up. 3nodding  

Lia Syuki

Ice-Cold Rogue

SpazzticPanda1311

Bashful Bear

21,775 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 pm
Lia Syuki
SpazzticPanda1311
Lia Syuki
SpazzticPanda1311

Idk what happens now lol

If it's any consolation, in my first ever battle in the guild, I got my opponent to 1 HP in one hit... Only to miss next turn and be brought down to 0 HP in one hit by them. XD So ye, the RNG really hates newbies or something.

I'm sure you're not screwed-screwed, but ye, I'm... Also not sure what'll happen. XD But you'll see whenever Lunar gets it posted up. 3nodding

Pretty sure Terrence is about to get his butt left alone in the corrupted area... he gonna have like no pokemon either haha, I don't have items or pokeballs either so RIP Terrence emotion_awesome

RNG gods why do you hate us?! WHY! well at least I know not to expect RNG to save my butt haha  
Sanctuary

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff